• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
if you contact customer service after the order is processed but before it ships MAYBE they can flag it to not ship yet or something, but I've never heard of this before, so I really don't know.

Madouu

Yup it seems as though only the purple 3ds model is at $99.

I think I'm going to hold off for the XL (but this is so tempting...)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have a Midnight Purple and although it receives no playtime now that we have two 3DS XLs in the house, it is by far my favourite colour.

If you've been waiting for a 3DS, I'd just continue to wait for an XL to drop into whatever you ideal price range is. I'd pay $150 for the XL over a $100 OG. It's so much more comfortable, not cutting into my hands, or giving me cramps, better stylus placement, massive screen. But Midnight Purple is a beauty.

On a side note, I'm glad I was able to sell our Flame Red 3DS for $120 a few months ago, because I'd never get that for it now.

iphys

Lol, just noticed BB has Wii U Pro controllers on sale for $48.49, probably since Boxing Day, and they actually sold out online despite what a pathetic sale it is.

Mupod

So a while back when I preordered Halo 4 from Future Shop, the ad on the game's page said that I'd get a code for I think $10 or $20 off Metal Gear Rising if I bought the game. I never got any such code.

I've got a preorder at ebgames, but I was gonna cancel it and use the $20 off Tsilon code because I don't need a cyborg ninja skin that badly. I was kinda hoping I could do some double code shenanigans like I did to get Halo 4 for 20 bucks while I'm at it. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the preorder discount I mentioned above or if I hallucinated it.

Anyone know where I may find the last issue of Nintendo Power? I've been looking for a copy and I can't find one anywhere. Chapters. Great Canadian News. Shoppers Drug Mart. Nothing!

Sora_N

Anyone know where I may find the last issue of Nintendo Power? I've been looking for a copy and I can't find one anywhere. Chapters. Great Canadian News. Shoppers Drug Mart. Nothing!

I bought mine online from the site, still haven't gotten it yet though.

kennah

Suppose we'll see any deals on those Sanyo Enloops anytime soon? Otherwise I'll pick up a kit from ncix for $19

Keep an eye on NCIX around sale times. They usually do up a pack of 4 AA, 2 AAA with charger for $15.

EDIT: I'm dumb, you have NCIX in your post and I missed it somehow. They're usually the best deal going at any given time.

iLLmAtlc

Oh my goodness, I think Canada Post might have misdelivered my package? I just checked tracking and it says it's been successfully delivered but the mail came today and there was no sign of it. What should I do?

I think I know why too, since the clown who's been delivering letters in our neighbourhood has been sending letters for other people to us, ours to others, and who the hell knows what else.

I really hope if it's misdelivered that that person will return it because it contains my NHL 13 + RE6 order. :(

Palehorse

ARgh. So after ordering Far Cry 3 from Future Shop with my tsilon code on the 21st I've been waiting patiently for them to ship it. Today I finally came out of my vacation stupor to look into it and they cancelled the order on the 27th. No stock.

So now I have the stupid $5 e-certificate they give out (which expires tomorrow), plus my $50 gift card. Not enough for FC3 because the tsilon code expired on the 23rd so I can't resubmit the order.

So annoyed. Guess I have to wait for some cash to come in and top up FC3 with my own money!

wingz

ARgh. So after ordering Far Cry 3 from Future Shop with my tsilon code on the 21st I've been waiting patiently for them to ship it. Today I finally came out of my vacation stupor to look into it and they cancelled the order on the 27th. No stock.

So now I have the stupid $5 e-certificate they give out (which expires tomorrow), plus my $50 gift card. Not enough for FC3 because the tsilon code expired on the 23rd so I can't resubmit the order.

So annoyed. Guess I have to wait for some cash to come in and top up FC3 with my own money!

All platforms for FC3 are on sale for $39.99 (same price with the tsilon code), but there is only stock available in stores. Check the stock of your nearest store.

grumble

All platforms for FC3 are on sale for $39.99 (same price with the tsilon code), but there is only stock available in stores. Check the stock of your nearest store.

Most stores don't have any though; boxing day cleaned them out pretty well. Dishonored is 29.99 though!

Palehorse

Most stores don't have any though; boxing day cleaned them out pretty well. Dishonored is 29.99 though!

Ahh, yep, my locals are sold out. Darng it. Thanks for the tip anyways.

I guess I'll hold off on FC3, pick it up cheaper down the road. Now I have a gift card burning a hole in my wallet. frypant.jpg

EB and Toys R Us are clearing out strategy guides. EB has them for 50% off and TRU has some at $5.

EB's stock checker is broken so call them. Got a GW2 LE guide for $10.

DJ_Lae

Will check here at City Center - I would love to have a GW2 guide.

...Though I've already completed 91% of the exploration so there isn't much left I'd actually need to read up on, just to have a copy.

(not looking forward to getting the last bits of exploration out of the world vs world arenas)

zroid

Banned
Fire Emblem is FINALLY listed by the major retailers (except Amazon, it seems). Qualifies for BB's $5 off thing, but it's "sold out" at the moment...

DJ_Lae

Really weak selection of guides at City Centre Mall.

Girls at the till had no idea about anything. Cute, but vapid.

Exr

Do you guys know anywhere I can grab import games around Vancouver? Specifically Gundam Extreme VS.

Exr

From what I gather yeah. The core mechanics are simple enough to pick up, advanced stuff is all online. Then again I'm only in it for the gameplay, so if you enjoy the story aspect of the game I guess you'd miss out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
From what I gather yeah. The core mechanics are simple enough to pick up, advanced stuff is all online. Then again I'm only in it for the gameplay, so if you enjoy the story aspect of the game I guess you'd miss out.
Yeah. People in (anime)GAF just keep hyping it up over and over again so I'm interested. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom