• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuzzy said:
Another Future Shop sale starts in 3:38 from now.

Gaming
SAVE 10% on select XBOX 360 gaming accessories
SAVE 10% on select Playstation 3 gaming accessories
SAVE 10% on select Nintendo Wii gaming accessories

Plus save $10 on select pre-orders which means Zelda Skyward Sword LE for $60 after discount.
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamingRefurbs

They also have some other deals on games. Most suck but I see Monster Hunter TRI Bundle for $20 which is cheaper than a classic controller pro by itself.
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCGamesonSale
Just a heads up, 1:27 left in the sale.

ElNino

Maddog said:
The difference is that those games were not advertised as including the steelbook with preorders. It was more like "Oh yeah we made some of these steelbooks that we are just gonna give to some people but not everyone". Batman however specifically says that it comes with the steelbook.
Actually that is not true. Both NHL 12 and Gears had the steelbook offered as a pre-order bonus at one point. I am assuming that once they received more pre-orders than they had steelbooks they just changed the offer to the midnight launch.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ended up getting Shadows of the Damned ($15) and Bloodstone 007 ($10) at Blockbuster, plus a bunch of DVDs for two bucks each or so.

Brandson

That Best Buy Ico + God of War Origins deal doesn't work anymore. The GOW set is only available for pickup and Ico is only available for shipping, but Best Buy won't let you split an order between pickup and shipping so you have to create two orders, and thus can't get the $20 off. Well done, Best Buy.

TheExodu5

Banned
I pre-ordered Dark Souls at BestBuy during the $20 off E3 promotion. I put a second pre-order down at EB just in case it wasn't the CE. We'll see...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Firestorm said:
Not really a chance though. If you don't get the right thing, just return it. Pre-order at multiple locations.
No Best Buy where I live, so returning stuff to them is a bitch. Blerg.

TheExodu5 said:
I pre-ordered Dark Souls at BestBuy during the $20 off E3 promotion. I put a second pre-order down at EB just in case it wasn't the CE. We'll see...
So, what happens if it wasn't the CE? You gonna keep the EB CE copy (at full price), and return the discounted one at BB?

TheExodu5 said:
You should've placed the second order at Future Shop so you can return the Non-CE to Future Shop. D:

firehawk12

Subete no aware
shagg_187 said:
You should've placed the second order at Future Shop so you can return the Non-CE to Future Shop. D:
Might not work if the UPCs are different... probably depends on whether or not you get a smart CSR who demands the actual receipt or is okay with just the shipping notice.

TimeKillr

shagg_187 said:
Ahh! OK. I did not want to stir up Sennheiser vs Audio Technica vs Corsair vs etc. I compared it with headphones I own and have used. Sennheiser and Audio Technica are god-sends, I agree to the core of it, but they are not designed for gaming.

Corsairs blow compared to AT when you go into technical side of it, but to my ears they sound fantastic and come really close. I get very picky about headphones when the sound is not what you're suppose to hear. After AT, these are the only headset out there that provides the clarity and comfort that I need. My ears get hot and strained with all the other Sub-$50 headphones/headset so when I read about Corsair and tried it for myself, I was surprised how comfortable it it and how it provides options for this that have different taste in fabric for the ears.

Yes, it's not as good as AT but goddamn to my ears they come real close, and for the price it's quite a no-brainer, especially with the great quality microphone that it comes it.

Compared to Logitech, Steel Series. Plantronics, Sony and all other gaming headsets that I've owned, tried out and destroyed, Corsair is the only one that bridges the Audiophile and Gaming hybrid. It's the best gaming headset I've ever tried and nothing can change that.

You can call me an ass if it doesn't end up being the best $40 gaming headset out there.

Well compared to Logitech, Steel Series, Plantronics (LOL) and Sony gaming headsets, yeah, for sure, but it's not even that hard to beat.

I'm still much happier with my ATs on my head and a stand mic for gaming than anything else. It's much easier to adjust a stand mic imo - it just picks up a bit more stuff, but my place is quiet, so it's not a huge deal.

firehawk12 said:
Might not work if the UPCs are different... probably depends on whether or not you get a smart CSR who demands the actual receipt or is okay with just the shipping notice.
So, what is the best solution at this point?
Should I be worry? I really hope there's enough CE copy for everyone.

TimeKillr said:
Well compared to Logitech, Steel Series, Plantronics (LOL) and Sony gaming headsets, yeah, for sure, but it's not even that hard to beat.

I'm still much happier with my ATs on my head and a stand mic for gaming than anything else. It's much easier to adjust a stand mic imo - it just picks up a bit more stuff, but my place is quiet, so it's not a huge deal.

For sure. I love my ATs a lot. The wires got loose so I need to fix then. The only problem is that I needed a mic and a headset that can match it in terms of comfort, size, durability and quality These headsets are a godsend for online gaming. Oh and yeah, the companies I mentioned are not hard to beat, but a lot of people swear by them and pay $100+ for it. My brother bought Plantronics (LOL indeed) for $80, and they aren't even close to the level of Corsair. My friend bought Steel Series cause "$150 means it should be good". They died on him in a month and they were shit.

Just spreading the love! <3

firehawk12 said:

You can say that they didn't send you preorder bonus. I don't know, lol.

Entropia

No One Remembers
crazy monkey said:
I wanted to buy monster hunter but shipping was extra so I let it go. :( I am waiting to get job I will go bananas after that.

username quote.

I may hit up a Blockbuster I've been scoping this past week to see if they have the HDMI+Controller Charger cable pack still. Though, I'll have to eventually buy a PS3 to make them worth it. :p

In other news, I ordered TekSavvy for my apartment for next weekend! I'm pretty excited.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GloomyHitsuji said:
So, what is the best solution at this point?
Should I be worry? I really hope there's enough CE copy for everyone.
I have no idea. Just order a backup copy at this point if you really want the CE I think and hope Best Buy doesn't screw over people.

shagg_187 said:
You can say that they didn't send you preorder bonus. I don't know, lol.
Maybe. :lol:
It's sad, I've returned so much stuff at my FS that they pretty much know me at the CS desk now. :p

TheExodu5

Banned
GloomyHitsuji said:
So, what happens if it wasn't the CE? You gonna keep the EB CE copy (at full price), and return the discounted one at BB?

Yep. Wasn't planning on gaming the system.

shagg_187 said:

I didn't know the CE was guaranteed at Futureshop. Either way, I hate pre-ordering shit at Futureshop/Bestbuy. They're really unreliable.

In the end, I bet I'll just be going to Microplay on release day and end up picking up the CE there, since I expect EB to be a day late in receiving their shipment, as always.

aasoncott

shagg_187 said:
You can call me an ass if it doesn't end up being the best $40 gaming headset out there.

Argh! Dammit, fine, you sold me on a pair. I've been looking for a ~$40 pair of headphones for my PC for quite a while.

lupinko

BadWolf said:
Anyone come across a good deal for FFXIII for the PS3? Or maybe want to get rid of their own (I'm in Mississauga)?

The game is already $30 at most places, unless you're looking for free or something.

BadWolf said:
Anyone come across a good deal for FFXIII for the PS3? Or maybe want to get rid of their own (I'm in Mississauga)?

If you want to try online, try Kijiji. If not, try Blockbuster. Some of the last remaining BBV might have it...

aasoncott said:
Argh! Dammit, fine, you sold me on a pair. I've been looking for a ~$40 pair of headphones for my PC for quite a while.

LOL! I hope it doesn't disappoint! :D

Takuya

Banned
lupinko said:
The game is already $30 at most places, unless you're looking for free or something.
Was going to post the same thing. Easy to find used for less than $30 if you really want a deal. Or try craigslist or Kijiji.

BadWolf

shagg_187 said:
If you want to try online, try Kijiji. If not, try Blockbuster. Some of the last remaining BBV might have it...

I'll try, thanks.

lupinko said:

Yep, saw that, was just wondering if there were any better deals (since Amazon.com has it for $19.99).

Fuzzy

Brandson said:
That Best Buy Ico + God of War Origins deal doesn't work anymore. The GOW set is only available for pickup and Ico is only available for shipping, but Best Buy won't let you split an order between pickup and shipping so you have to create two orders, and thus can't get the $20 off. Well done, Best Buy.
You'll be able to do the deal again once Ico is in stores this week.

BadWolf said:
I've seen it $20 occaisionally. And quite honestly, you can afford to wait before playing it.

robox

Takao said:
I'm still waiting on the fire sale for Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom ... RIP Game Republic
i scooped the last copy of it at a futureshop for 30 bucks just this weekend
was told it could be had at toys r us for 15, but damn if i'm going around on the chance that it might be there. didn't have it at the one closest to me.

Takao

Banned
Takuya said:
Saw it new at Blockbuster but didn't really want it.. >_>

My nearest Blockbuster is (was?) near a subway station and a mall. I never bothered checking it out, because I expected it to have been ransacked long before I could get there.

I'll check TRU, and see what happens.

krae_man said:
Finally got Star Fox 64 3D in the mail today, a full 17 days after release.

Same here.

Question. My copy of ICO & Shadows of the Colossus Collection just shipped. However it shipped with the old price of $59.99 (minus the original promo code which came at $49 something). It's still $10 over the current retail price of 39.99. Will wait to see it on my CC statement, but will I be able to ask that they apply the original promo code to the current retail price? Or will they just price match it without the discount that I originally put in, hence lose it?

Man, does Dell.ca always suck so hard? I preordered Gears from them since it was $10 off, and it hasn't even shipped yet. I'm not sure $10 is really worth it if it takes an extra 2 weeks to get here.

Dell.ca has always sucked. Don't buy from there if you want a game shipped asap. In fact, I trust ZERO online retailers (Amazon, FS and BB) when it comes to getting games right away.

The Main Event said:
Same here.

Question. My copy of ICO & Shadows of the Colossus Collection just shipped. However it shipped with the old price of $59.99 (minus the original promo code which came at $49 something). It's still $10 over the current retail price of 39.99. Will wait to see it on my CC statement, but will I be able to ask that they apply the original promo code to the current retail price? Or will they just price match it without the discount that I originally put in, hence lose it?

This is what I want to know as well. I preordered mine during the e3 preorder special (buy 3, get $20 off each title). They shipped it to me at 39.99, which means I got $0 off. I just sent them an email explaining that I technically should be getting this at $19.99, so I want my $20 back. We'll see how it goes.

Fuzzy

radiantdreamer said:
This is what I want to know as well. I preordered mine during the e3 preorder special (buy 3, get $20 off each title). They shipped it to me at 39.99, which means I got $0 off. I just sent them an email explaining that I technically should be getting this at $19.99, so I want my $20 back. We'll see how it goes.
You won't. I went through with this with my God of War Origins Collection. I emailed them a couple of times and they politely told me tough luck.

Leeness

radiantdreamer said:

I just went through this, haha. They wouldn't, even though a guy on the customer service line told me they would at the end of August.

Whatever. I thought it was really hilarious though, cause the girl on the other line sounded like she wanted to cry, haha, she seemed to feel so bad about it, cause the guy from earlier had made a note, but not a specific note, so they couldn't do anything with it.

Oh well!

denomes

Need some help Canada GAF. The plethora of Batman Arkham City editions and preorder bonuses has me confused.

My dad wants the CE with the statue for Christmas. Where can I preorder that?

Personally, I want the Animated Series skin, but I suspect that will be sold online later. I might go for the Steelbook instead. The Animated Series skin is Gamestop, right?

denomes said:
Need some help Canada GAF. The plethora of Batman Arkham City editions and preorder bonuses has me confused.

My dad wants the CE with the statue for Christmas. Where can I preorder that?

Personally, I want the Animated Series skin, but I suspect that will be sold online later. I might go for the Steelbook instead. The Animated Series skin is Gamestop, right?
Best Buy Preorder - Robin map
GameStop - Joker map
Batman Year One DVD/Bluray - Year One skin

Everything else we're boned with.

Looks like Amazon is the only place to get the CE.

denomes

Crewnh said:
Best Buy Preorder - Robin map
GameStop - Joker map
Batman Year One DVD/Bluray - Year One skin

Everything else we're boned with.

Looks like Amazon is the only place to get the CE.

Thanks for the info and cool avatar. What's it from?

I'm thinking I'll pick up Year One on Blu-ray then, get the Steelbook from Future Shop, and order the CE from Amazon.

What a mess.

Fuzzy said:
You won't. I went through with this with my God of War Origins Collection. I emailed them a couple of times and they politely told me tough luck.

Leeness said:
I just went through this, haha. They wouldn't, even though a guy on the customer service line told me they would at the end of August.

Whatever. I thought it was really hilarious though, cause the girl on the other line sounded like she wanted to cry, haha, she seemed to feel so bad about it, cause the guy from earlier had made a note, but not a specific note, so they couldn't do anything with it.

Oh well!

Wow that's so not right. That's like breaking a promise. I mean overall, I'm probably still going to get a better deal with the other preorders, but still, it's like my guarantee is based on getting triple A titles going for $59.99 or more, or I'm gambling.

Luigi87

I made a gamble. I cancelled my Amazon order of Dark Souls from several months ago, and am only keeping the FS one I did on the weekend.

I figure if they ship me the regular copy of the game, I'll take it plus a print out of the page, and bitch about it in store <.<

suikodan

Shalashaska161 said:
Man, does Dell.ca always suck so hard? I preordered Gears from them since it was $10 off, and it hasn't even shipped yet. I'm not sure $10 is really worth it if it takes an extra 2 weeks to get here.
Wow, you're not lucky. I ordered GOW3 from Dell at 49$ and got it 2 days after its release. I was honestly surprised.

Anyone knows if there are any BBV left in Quebec?

Takuya

Banned
For those of you looking for ICO/SOTC with reversible covers ( since the Canadian version has bilingual packaging and does not have a reversible cover ), if you have a Game Buzz store near you, they most likely carry the U.S. version, reversible cover and all.

Atqlm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom