• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

Takuya said:
For those of you looking for ICO/SOTC with reversible covers ( since the Canadian version has bilingual packaging and does not have a reversible cover ), if you have a Game Buzz store near you, they most likely carry the U.S. version, reversible cover and all.

Atqlm.jpg
I ended up buying a copy off ebay but the thing that really erks me is that paypal is not right with the currency conversation so I had to pay like 2 dollars more than I should have had to.

Takuya

Banned
lupinko said:
Thanks!

Yessssss, cheaper Jem Complete Box set next month!
The only thing with Price Matching Amazon is that Best Buy 'should' take into account shipping changes when price matching, as per their Price Match policy.

krae_man

Fuzzy said:
You won't. I went through with this with my God of War Origins Collection. I emailed them a couple of times and they politely told me tough luck.

I was afraid of this and didn't order any overpriced games durring that E3 sale.

denomes said:
Thanks for the info and cool avatar. What's it from?

I'm thinking I'll pick up Year One on Blu-ray then, get the Steelbook from Future Shop, and order the CE from Amazon.

What a mess.
No problem. A cover by Dustin Nguyen for Batman: Gates of Gotham #5. It's Cassandra Cain, ex-Batgirl.

lupinko

Takuya said:
The only thing with Price Matching Amazon is that Best Buy 'should' take into account shipping changes when price matching, as per their Price Match policy.
Eh that's crap, I'll just get them to pm FS instead.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
krae_man said:
I was afraid of this and didn't order any overpriced games durring that E3 sale.
It was my 5th game in my order and was just hoping to get it for super cheap. I didn't argue that much because of it and just ended up returning it in store because I got it for cheaper from BB.

big_z

for those that pre-ordered gears 3 from bestbuy did it come with a card for the preorder character? what about the bonus 800 reward points?

i just got the game with nothing else... wtf?

snack

big_z said:
for those that pre-ordered gears 3 from bestbuy did it come with a card for the preorder character? what about the bonus 800 reward points?

i just got the game with nothing else... wtf?
Mine came with the game and a seperate box. Inside the box was a toque and a card for Mechnical Baird.

Zzoram

Luigi87 said:
I made a gamble. I cancelled my Amazon order of Dark Souls from several months ago, and am only keeping the FS one I did on the weekend.

I figure if they ship me the regular copy of the game, I'll take it plus a print out of the page, and bitch about it in store <.<

Did Futureshop confirm your order? Mine for Dark Souls CE has been In Progress for a week.

whitehawk

Banned
So sad that Games For Canada is offline until November 1st :( Wish there was a similar service (or that amazon.com would fucking ship to Canada >.>)

Quick

Banned
Is there a minimum price difference for Future Shop or Best Buy to price match Amazon.ca?

For example: I'm looking at Thor on Blu-ray at Future Shop right now at $29.99. On Amazon.ca, it's $29.93.

Would they price match? I ask because they give you an additional 10% off. Haha.

WEGGLES

radiantdreamer said:
This is what I want to know as well. I preordered mine during the e3 preorder special (buy 3, get $20 off each title). They shipped it to me at 39.99, which means I got $0 off. I just sent them an email explaining that I technically should be getting this at $19.99, so I want my $20 back. We'll see how it goes.
No, the deal was for games over $50? Definitely did not apply to $40 games, or else I would have pre-ordered 3DS games.

Quick said:
Is there a minimum price difference for Future Shop or Best Buy to price match Amazon.ca?

For example: I'm looking at Thor on Blu-ray at Future Shop right now at $29.99. On Amazon.ca, it's $29.93.

Would they price match? I ask because they give you an additional 10% off. Haha.

10% of the difference.

IE: FS price $30, Walmart Price $28. They'd beat that by 20cents then (1/10 of $2)

isny

napkin dispenser
WEGGLES said:
No, the deal was for games over $50? Definitely did not apply to $40 games, or else I would have pre-ordered 3DS games.

If definitely did apply to 3DS games, lol

Here is my preorder from June's E3 sale.

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $25.99
Smash Brothers (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $25.99
Super Mario 3DS (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $35.99
StarFox 64 (Nintendo 3DS) 1 $25.99

I think it gave $20 off each game, as they had them overpriced to begin with due to not knowing MSRP at that time.

I also have Metal Gear, Layton, etc. from the previous sale last year at $25 each on preorder from BB =D

(Literally every 3DS game preordered for $25ish besides Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land!)

big_z

snack said:
Mine came with the game and a seperate box. Inside the box was a toque and a card for Mechnical Baird.

was it all packaged in one mail order or was the bonus box its own shipment?
maybe i'll give it a day or two and see if the box shows up before shooting off the wtf email to bestbuy.

Firestorm

The Future Shop E3 promo was for games $49.99 and gave you $20 off each game if you ordered 3 - 5 in one order. The Best Buy E3 promo gave you 20% off regardless of price.

isny

napkin dispenser
Firestorm said:
The Future Shop E3 promo was for games $49.99 and gave you $20 off each game if you ordered 3 - 5 in one order. The Best Buy E3 promo gave you 20% off regardless of price.

You've got such a good memory Firestorm =)

Either way, still such a wicked deal. Can't beat $25 for 3DS games!

Firestorm

Haha seems I was wrong. I went to check on what I said using Facebook Timeline and it was $10 off any game with an additional 10% with the coupon for Best Buy.

isny

napkin dispenser
Firestorm said:
Haha seems I was wrong. I went to check on what I said using Facebook Timeline and it was $10 off any game with an additional 10% with the coupon for Best Buy.

That sounds more like it, as $25 seems too low for just 10% off.

Hanzou

So I use the "trade 2 for $50" deal at EB for Uncharted 3 since I could not do it towards Dark Souls. Would I be able t go into the store and switch the $50 preorder credit towards Dark Souls now? Would they let me do that or is the $50 credit linked to the promo deal thus linked to only games included in that promo?

snack

big_z said:
was it all packaged in one mail order or was the bonus box its own shipment?
maybe i'll give it a day or two and see if the box shows up before shooting off the wtf email to bestbuy.
It was all in one package.

krae_man

I emailed Bestbuy and they said they are not offering anything to the people who recieved Star Fox 64 over 2 weeks late. Bull Shit.

snack

krae_man said:
I emailed Bestbuy and they said they are not offering anything to the people who recieved Star Fox 64 over 2 weeks late. Bull Shit.
If it wasn't for those reward points, I'd never preorder from Best Buy. Ever.

It seems to be a hit or miss with their preorder shipments.

aasoncott

shagg_187 said:
LOL! I hope it doesn't disappoint! :D

My HS1As arrived today, I'm just putting them through their paces. Verdit so far, though? Best damn $40 I've ever spent on headphones. A little weak in the bass, yeah, but the sound coming out of these is solid.

aasoncott said:
My HS1As arrived today, I'm just putting them through their paces. Verdit so far, though? Best damn $40 I've ever spent on headphones. A little weak in the bass, yeah, but the sound coming out of these is solid.

Fuck yeah! *high-five*
I agree that Bass isn't that boom-tastic but I've been playing Battlefield 3 lately and it blows my mind at how awesome the audio in the game is! Oh and the mic is clear as crystal; never a dull moment! :D

You shit, you just posted that. Oh God, it looks like as if I was stalking you lol

Those that are wondering, go here NOW!

http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=16_760&item_id=036119

Sale ends Friday so take advantage of this badass offer! D:

BadWolf said:
I was going to wait for the Sony 7.1 wireless set to go on sale, do these provide better sound than Sony's? Do they block sound well?

Closed headphones so yes, they block sound well. I tested it on full volume at night when shit is quiet and asked my brother if he could hear the audio. He said he can 'barely' hear the sound when I'm wearing it but he can hear it very clearly when I remove the headphones. Audio doesn't bleed when listening at around 75% volume level though, so I like that.

They're stereo headphones though and not surround. IF you want surround, you're looking for HS1 and not HS1A, though HS1 are not on sale anymore. Oh and they're not wireless but the wire is fairly long (3 meters) than other headphones so the movement shouldn't be a problem.

I can't say how well they are compared to Sony's 7.1 wireless set but compared to other Sony headsets in the market, these are light years ahead. Bass is not that booming but it's definitely better than the DJ-style Sony headphones and iPhone Sony earphones that I own. Hope that helps. Look for reviews elsewhere before you make a purchase, but yeah; they're very very hard to beat for the price! :)

BadWolf

shagg_187 said:
Closed headphones so yes, they block sound well. I tested it on full volume at night when shit is quiet and asked my brother if he could hear the audio. He said he can 'barely' hear the sound when I'm wearing it but he can hear it very clearly when I remove the headphones. Audio doesn't bleed when listening at around 75% volume level though, so I like that.

They're stereo headphones though and not surround. IF you want surround, you're looking for HS1 and not HS1A, though HS1 are not on sale anymore. Oh and they're not wireless but the wire is fairly long (3 meters) than other headphones so the movement shouldn't be a problem.

I can't say how well they are compared to Sony's 7.1 wireless set but compared to other Sony headsets in the market, these are light years ahead. Bass is not that booming but it's definitely better than the DJ-style Sony headphones and iPhone Sony earphones that I own. Hope that helps. Look for reviews elsewhere before you make a purchase, but yeah; they're very very hard to beat for the price! :)

Thanks man, I'll look into it further.

Haeleos

Is there any place in Canada still selling the Dark Souls Limited Edition for preorder? I know Futureshop has it listed but they always list stuff like that on their website and tell you it's out of stock a day later once you've ordered... but I guess if that's my only option...

Haeleos said:
Is there any place in Canada still selling the Dark Souls Limited Edition for preorder? I know Futureshop has it listed but they always list stuff like that on their website and tell you it's out of stock a day later once you've ordered... but I guess if that's my only option...
Future Shop has a specific "Limited Edition" SKU so order that. Other than that, EB Games is the other option.

frequency

Haeleos said:
VGP and GameStop has the 360 version still listed. Only regular for PS3 though.
It doesn't hurt to put in that order at Future Shop. If you end up getting two, return the Future Shop one in store or something.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lothars said:
I ended up buying a copy off ebay but the thing that really erks me is that paypal is not right with the currency conversation so I had to pay like 2 dollars more than I should have had to.

That's not true.

Paypal offers the current exchange minus about 3 cents. VISA does this as well. As does MasterCard. The only difference with Paypal is that they actually show you the exchange rate while you're checking out, so it "feels" lower than it should be.

ShaneB

I want to pre-order Dark Souls to get the CE edition, but since I'll be trading in some games for it, I guess I'm waiting to see if there's any promos happening, something like EB's powertrades.

snack

TheExodu5 said:
Where the best place to order Xbox Live codes online (e-mail delivery)?
I get my XBL subs from here. You can probably find a 12 month sub for around 40-45 dollars here easily. As for the points, I'm still searching for some good deals on them.

I think the blockbusters that are still open are offering 10 movies/games for $10. I went in today and when you walked in they were telling everyone.

They only had a bunch of Rockband/Guitar Hero games and a Shrek game for 360(which I grabbed for my kids) but I ended up getting over $600 worth of Blurays for $22.60 after tax and all of the movies were from the last year or so.. This is the Wharncliffe BB in London Ontario.

So anyone that still has a BB open might want to check it out.

ShaneB said:
I want to pre-order Dark Souls to get the CE edition, but since I'll be trading in some games for it, I guess I'm waiting to see if there's any promos happening, something like EB's powertrades.
Starting October 1st, Dark Souls in a power trade.

Max

I am not Max
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, forgot GAF had a thread like this (already told CanadianCAG)

I got this flier from EB/GS while buying SotC/Ico Collection;

iLWo8BwbJbiJm.jpg

And apparently the Most Wanted list are all eligable for the 2 for $50 promotion. I got a pretty good deal.

Ends Oct 1.

lupinko

snack said:
Can I do Power Trades for Batman: Arkham City and Modern Warfare 3?

Should still be able to do T3G1F for those tho, just get three games that have $8 value or whatever, unless that was changed recently.

Max said:
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, forgot GAF had a thread like this (already told CanadianCAG)

I got this flier from EB/GS while buying SotC/Ico Collection;

iLWo8BwbJbiJm.jpg

And apparently the Most Wanted list are all eligable for the 2 for $50 promotion. I got a pretty good deal.

Ends Oct 1.

I tried to trade in Red Dead yesterday and was told it was $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom