• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
On the other hand... it's not like EA gave Wii any meaningful support from a multi-platform owner's perspective apart from Boom Blox. I guess you could say that EA's lack of support for Wii U is a bad sign for the future, but just in terms of software output, we're not missing out on much from EA.
Looking back at my Wii collection and I didn't buy 1 EA game for it. Hell, even on my PS3 I only bought 2 retail discs (Dragon Age 1 and Mirror's Edge) and one or two on PSN (Burnout Paradise is all I can think of off the top of my head). I stopped playing sports games a long time ago so I really don't care about EA a whole lot.

Neki

anyone know where I can find a Wireless Gaming Receiver (360 controller for PC?). I have a wireless controller already, but I don't have the wireless game reciever.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
How much did you spend? Amazon.ca has one for 18.99 + 6 dollars shipping, I usually don't like dealing with eBay unless I have to.

DealExtreme.com have one for like $8. It's not official and I had a bit of trouble installing the driver, but now it works perfectly fine.

Gadirok

Just made a easy $76 from trading in a bunch of PS3, Wii and Vita games at Eb games. Put it towards MGS legacy Collection. I hope some preorder bonus comes with it.

Also, for those of you who don't know EB games has the trade more save more deal going on where if you trade in 3 titles you get an extra $10, 5=$20, and 7=$30, the qualifiers have to have a minimum tiv of $3 so I suggest you make arrangements by checking tivs.ca before hand.

iphys

Supposedly T1 for $40 GC at Futureshop next week. Might be a mistake, but I guess I should play through my NSMBU just in case.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Supposedly T1 for $40 GC at Futureshop next week. Might be a mistake, but I guess I should play through my NSMBU just in case.

Confirmed on RFD. Paper Mario Sticker Star, NSMB2, MK7 down to $29.99 as well.

I hope Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is still on the list. I'll definitely be trading it in if that's the case.

Confirmed on RFD. Paper Mario Sticker Star, NSMB2, MK7 down to $29.99 as well.

I hope Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is still on the list. I'll definitely be trading it in if that's the case.

Imagine if they kept Sticker Star and the other 3DS games on the list. It's like free money if you use a GC for your first transaction.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Imagine if they kept Sticker Star and the other 3DS games on the list. It's like free money if you use a GC for your first transaction.

The thought had crossed my mind as well. Although they've been stricter at some locations about performing more than one trade in deal per person, so that might hit a snag.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I got Sticker Star for $13 at Staples a few months ago and haven't played it yet, but I'm strongly considering trading it for $40 now. Is it really as bad as many have said?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I got Sticker Star for $13 at Staples a few months ago and haven't played it yet, but I'm strongly considering trading it for $40 now. Is it really as bad as many have said?

It's a polarizing game. I personally love it, but plenty of people hate it. It has less story than any other Paper Mario game, but I found the stages in the game charming as all hell. And I enjoyed exploring the worlds. Some people found it boring without much story. Why not give it a try in the next few days, play a couple of worlds and decide?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
It's a polarizing game. I personally love it, but plenty of people hate it. It has less story than any other Paper Mario game, but I found the stages in the game charming as all hell. And I enjoyed exploring the worlds. Some people found it boring without much story. Why not give it a try in the next few days, play a couple of worlds and decide?

Yup, that's what I plan to do. Thanks for your opinion! Glad to hear some people liked it.

Ah lol. Did they list the games eligible for this trade 1 $40?

I imagine we have to wait for Friday. I'm curious if they will have two lists because I believe 2 for $60 is still on.

Why anyone would do 2 for $60 on the same games when they could do 2 for $80 is beyond me though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Canada-GAF please tell me if this Vita promo is worthwhile.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563021

I'm planning on getting a PS4 and using this thing for off screen play would be cool.

Right now I'd probably just use it to play ps1 and ps2 games on the playstation store. I can do that right??

Not as good as the Madden bundles when they were on clearance, but it's not a bad deal. I'll continue to wait. I don't need another system sucking money from me. :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'd do it if it had good battery life. But from what I understand it doesn't?

Guessing no one's got their PSN class action lawsuit stuff yet, huh? I gotta sign up for PS+ before the end of the month so I don't miss out on Sleeping Dogs, but it looks like I'm not going to get my rebate in time :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guessing no one's got their PSN class action lawsuit stuff yet, huh? I gotta sign up for PS+ before the end of the month so I don't miss out on Sleeping Dogs, but it looks like I'm not going to get my rebate in time :/
It's not finalized, so it probably won't be for a while.

Sora_N

Canada-GAF please tell me if this Vita promo is worthwhile.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563021

I'm planning on getting a PS4 and using this thing for off screen play would be cool.

Right now I'd probably just use it to play ps1 and ps2 games on the playstation store. I can do that right??

The system alone was about $165 during Futureshop's daily deals last week or the week before (can't remember), it can possibly reach that price again if you can wait.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
The system alone was about $165 during Futureshop's daily deals last week or the week before (can't remember), it can possibly reach that price again if you can wait.

Damn. Not sure how I missed out on that. Still hoping for a HDMI out and LCD with LED back light refresh though.

Gadirok

No I didn't and I don't expect them to finalize everything until November 2013, so we are likely to get the codes in Decemberish.

Lexxism

Damn. Not sure how I missed out on that. Still hoping for a HDMI out and LCD with LED back light refresh though.

It was actually $180 from FS. Not quite sure if there was a memory card included(but I think there was).

iphys

Also, just noticed the Wii U Basic hiding in the convenience section of the Shoppers flyer for $280 -- looks like there might be a gift card offer on it or something too or maybe they're just bragging about the 20x points (can't really make out the fuzzy photo that was posted on smartcanucks).

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Also, just noticed the Wii U Basic hiding in the convenience section of the Shoppers flyer for $280 -- looks like there might be a gift card offer on it or something too or maybe they're just bragging about the 20x points (can't really make out the fuzzy photo that was posted on smartcanucks).

Could be a hot deal in the making, I see 20x the points, + a free gift card or lotion + $10 gift card and 20% off for seniors. So bring grandma and grandpa to SDM.
178493d1369260750-shoppers-drug-mart-may-25-31-pics-dscf1661_1000x750.jpg

iphys

I think seniors day is usually on Thursday though, so you can't get the 20x at the same time, although I've heard it's good for doing redemptions and getting 20% off on the stuff you redeem for so that you effectively get a better redemption. Too bad I don't know any seniors in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom