• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WEGGLES

Traumahound said:
Blockbuster.ca confirms that's true.
Fuck, just called my mom

"If you are anywhere near Blockbuster could you stop in and get ANYTHING that looks remotely decent" hahaha

not in the slimy RFD reselling shit way, in the fuckit I'll own Shrek 2 on blu-ray for a buck way

Maddog

Max said:
And apparently the Most Wanted list are all eligable for the 2 for $50 promotion.

Ends Oct 1.

That's probably a lie. In the past not all the games are eligible for trade promos but simply have a better trade in than anywhere else even if it is under $8.

Max said:
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, forgot GAF had a thread like this (already told CanadianCAG)

I got this flier from EB/GS while buying SotC/Ico Collection;

iLWo8BwbJbiJm.jpg

And apparently the Most Wanted list are all eligable for the 2 for $50 promotion. I got a pretty good deal.

Ends Oct 1.
So wait, how does this work? Any two games from the list will be worth 50 bucks and then I'd pay the additional amount plus tax?

Crewnh said:
So wait, how does this work? Any two games from the list will be worth 50 bucks and then I'd pay the additional amount plus tax?

According to stores I've been to they still need to be $8 and over but it looks like Max got lucky. Meaghan must have the hots for you dude.

GTA people: Don't bother with the BBVs in Richmond hill for games/blurays. It's picked pretty clean. The Elgin Mills one had a few Sin and Punishment left. Mostly DVDs left.

I did get a few games as gifts with the $10 for 10 items. So it wasn't a total waste of time.

WEGGLES said:
Fuck, just called my mom

"If you are anywhere near Blockbuster could you stop in and get ANYTHING that looks remotely decent" hahaha

not in the slimy RFD reselling shit way, in the fuckit I'll own Shrek 2 on blu-ray for a buck way
Good luck. The one I went to had 3-4 racks of stuff. They had some decent stuff though(no Disney or anything like that.)

Even still $10 bucks gets you Christmas presents for people if you're broke at that time. My girlfriend and her friend are going back to check out the 2 stores left open in London later on before they close. The one I went to also had a shotload of accessories for game consoles left as well. A bunch of PS3 HDMI kits(had a few things in there), controllers and Wii stuff.

They weren't telling people that they were part of the deal though so I didn't grab any but $1 HDMI cables sounds nice.

DoctorWho said:
According to stores I've been to they still need to be $8 and over but it looks like Max got lucky. Meaghan must have the hots for you dude.
da fuck.

So what is the point of the most wanted list? Looking at TIVS, most of these are under 8.

Takuya said:
For those of you looking for ICO/SOTC with reversible covers ( since the Canadian version has bilingual packaging and does not have a reversible cover ), if you have a Game Buzz store near you, they most likely carry the U.S. version, reversible cover and all.

Atqlm.jpg

Maybe I'll wait for a GAF Collection cover instead...

explodet

Kazerei said:
GameStop.ca says the release date is October 5th, so there's probably been a slight delay for us Canadians :\
Guess that explains why Amazon.ca is telling me my copy will ship on the 5th instead of what they say was the release date, last Tuesday!

Maddog

Crewnh said:
da fuck.

So what is the point of the most wanted list? Looking at TIVS, most of these are under 8.

To fool people into trading in their games for low values while still making them feel like they got a deal.

WEGGLES

Horsemama1956 said:
Good luck. The one I went to had 3-4 racks of stuff. They had some decent stuff though(no Disney or anything like that.)

Even still $10 bucks gets you Christmas presents for people if you're broke at that time. My girlfriend and her friend are going back to check out the 2 stores left open in London later on before they close. The one I went to also had a shotload of accessories for game consoles left as well. A bunch of PS3 HDMI kits(had a few things in there), controllers and Wii stuff.

They weren't telling people that they were part of the deal though so I didn't grab any but $1 HDMI cables sounds nice.
I'm in London currently, but couldn't be arsed to figure out the bus route to get to a Blockbuster to find it picked to the bone :p

My mom is in Sarnia, so might have a better shot at not being emptied. Who knows.

DJ_Lae

Picked up about $800 worth of stuff for $30. I felt a bit weird, but oh well.

Ten minutes after the store opened here in Victoria it was pretty much barren, though. Other than me there were a few other people there shortly before it opened.

Now I have to figure out which family member deserves the horror of the Bieber movie for Christmas.

WEGGLES

DJ_Lae said:
Picked up about $800 worth of stuff for $30. I felt a bit weird, but oh well.

Ten minutes after the store opened here in Victoria it was pretty much barren, though. Other than me there were a few other people there shortly before it opened.

Now I have to figure out which family member deserves the horror of the Bieber movie for Christmas.
Workplace secret santa?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Haeleos said:
Is there any place in Canada still selling the Dark Souls Limited Edition for preorder? I know Futureshop has it listed but they always list stuff like that on their website and tell you it's out of stock a day later once you've ordered... but I guess if that's my only option...
Game Centre downtown Toronto. They just mentioned it again on their Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/gamecentre

WEGGLES

My mom just called from blockbuster

"They have like 3 things, a blu-ray of a shitty movie and 2 DVDs I've never heard of. They shouldn't even open tomorrow. Just put a box at the door that says 'free'"

:lol

Ah well, I tried.

mrgone

firehawk12 said:
Update on the Dark Souls Best Buy thing from my experience with their customer service:
After further investigation, I see that we do not have this offer under the Special Offers section on the Dark Souls(Playstation 3) product page on our website. As such, if the Specail Offers section does not say that you will have the Collector's edition, that mean we are not offering the "free upgrade" for the Dark Souls(Playstation 3) on our website.
So yeah... I have no idea anymore, but I'm not going to take the chance.
This is why I hate dealing with Best Buy/Future Shop's customer support. Whatever the outcome is, you're never sure what's actually going to happen

Anteros

Neo Member
I found the thread below when searching about the Bestbuy/Dark Souls pre-order issue. Hopefully it's correct.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Video-Games-Toys/Dark-Souls/td-p/22300/page/2

All customers who pre-ordered the regular edition dark souls (PS3/Xbox) online prior to Monday Sep.26, should receive automatic free upgrade to the collector's edition. That promotion is now over.

However, please note that there is still some limited quantities of the Xbox 360 collector's edition available so customers who still want this version can order it directly here http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dark-souls-collector-s-edition-xbox-360/10174104.aspx?path=d317d...
Shop online at www.bestbuy.ca
Follow us on Twitter @BBYCanada

Edit: Changed Demon's Souls to Dark Souls

Fou-Lu

Any good deals on getting a PS3 in Canada? I moved out of my parents house this summer and left my PS3 for my brothers, but I took my games and I'd like to be able to play them.

Fuzzy

September 30-October 6 flyers from CAG. I didn't bother to edit out the comments.

Best Buy

Rage $59.99 800 RZ points pre-order trade in 3
Dark Souls $59.99 800 RZ points pre-order trade in 3 $10 gift card with purchase Oct. 4-6 I have no idea if this is stackable.
NBA 2K12 $59.99 trade in 3
Spiderman: We had to make a game to keep the license $59.99
X-Men: We had to make a game to keep the license $59.99

250GB 360 with Geras triple pack and Splinter Cell conviction $299.99
160 GB PS3 with Brink $249.99

Pre-order and get 800 RZ points:
Ace Combat
Forza 4
Batman Arkham city
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 3

Walmart

Rage $49.99
Dark Souls $59
Spiderman: We had to make a game to keep the license $59
X-Men: We had to make a game to keep the license $59
NBA2K12 $59
Nicktoon MLB $39

ToysRUs

PSP 3000 $114.99 with purchase on $19.99 value Game
PS3 with indiana Jones 2 $249.99
All PS3 Greatest Hits $19.87
PS Move Bundle(Sports or Tiger Woods) $84.87

250GB 360 with $30 Gift Card $299.99
Gears 3 With $5 gift Card $59.99
Fable III $14.87
All Kinect Games $37.47

L.A. Noire $29.87

iphys

I was finally able to pre-order Mario Kart 7 on Bestbuy to get the $5 off. I hope they do another sale before it's released, although they seem to have wised up about doing sales in conjunction the last time they had one.

Home

I'm looking to trade in NHL12 so I can pick up Dark Souls next week, and living in a small shitty town every game store is 50km away. Will Gamestop/FS/BB etc give me the trade in value of my games over the phone or do I have to bring the game into the store? Want to limit travel as much as possible.

Fuzzy

Home said:
I'm looking to trade in NHL12 so I can pick up Dark Souls next week, and living in a small shitty town every game store is 50km away. Will Gamestop/FS/BB etc give me the trade in value of my games over the phone or do I have to bring the game into the store? Want to limit travel as much as possible.
http://www.tivs.ca/trade-in-values/

SaitoH

Anyone who order Ico/Shadow collection, during the E3 preorder sale and was charged $40.00, just file a ticket through Future Shop's website.

I inquired about being charged full price and they are crediting my Visa $20.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
SaitoH said:
Anyone who order Ico/Shadow collection, during the E3 preorder sale and was charged $40.00, just file a ticket through Future Shop's website.

Good. I was annoyed, because I purchased Halo: Anniversary, which was 40$, and Heart of the Swarm, which will surely not be 60$.

Lothars

Lyphen said:
Good. I was annoyed, because I purchased Halo: Anniversary, which was 40$, and Heart of the Swarm, which will surely not be 60$.
I believe they had announced it will expansion priced so I would definitely say it will be 40.

isny

napkin dispenser
Lothars said:
I believe they had announced it will expansion priced so I would definitely say it will be 40.

Heart of the Swarm will probably be $49.99. Wasn't that the price for the regular edition of SCII? (I got the collectors, couldn't pass up the Murloc Marine and the USB Raynor Dog Tag)

Zzoram

isny said:
Heart of the Swarm will probably be $49.99. Wasn't that the price for the regular edition of SCII? (I got the collectors, couldn't pass up the Murloc Marine and the USB Raynor Dog Tag)

Regular SCII was $59.99

HotS will likely be $39.99 or $49.99 but no more.

Leeness

SaitoH said:

Really? They denied me. :/ I'll complain again.

I don't have a Game Buzz near me but I really want the Ico/SotC reversible cover. Can I order if from their online store? Do I have any other options? Shipping from the US costs way too much...

Ricker

The Rage deal at Wal-mart for 49 bucks is just for the first 3 days...wondering if they will get PC version also...

SaitoH said:

Where do I file a ticket?

Zzoram

isny said:
Probably on the higher end. They know people will pay regardless.

I would pay $49.99 without a second thought, but that doesn't mean I won't look for retailers offering a better deal at launch.

I got SCII for $52.99 instead of $59.99 due to a retailer discount, then got reimbursed another $25 because they didn't give me the beta key they promised when I pre-ordered it. I had to call customer service 3 times before they decided to compensate me for the missing beta key though. The best part is that somebody else already gave me a beta key, so I got to enjoy the beta while getting a huge discount on the game for not getting another beta key.

Fou-Lu

Where can I get a gamecube controller now a days? I want to play some of my gamecube games but my controller is broken.

lupin23rd

Will both gamestop and amazon in Canada have the Dark Souls collectors edition? I preordered so long ago I can't remember if those were even listed, although I think I went with the second copy on amazon because they were advertising the free upgrade to collectors.

Quick

Banned
Ichor said:
Where can I get a gamecube controller now a days? I want to play some of my gamecube games but my controller is broken.

EB/Gamestop? Though, the only ones I've seen are used.

C-Jo

lupin23rd said:
Will both gamestop and amazon in Canada have the Dark Souls collectors edition? I preordered so long ago I can't remember if those were even listed, although I think I went with the second copy on amazon because they were advertising the free upgrade to collectors.
I might have an extra for you. Text me if you can't find one.

Takao

Banned
Any of you guys HMV Pure members? Do you know if I actually need to print out the coupons, or if I can just save the image and show them it on my PSP or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom