• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

A second email to Bestbuy got the same response "TS we're doing jack shit to make up for sending you your game two and a half weeks late".

Time to try talking to a supervisor.

SaitoH said:
Anyone who order Ico/Shadow collection, during the E3 preorder sale and was charged $40.00, just file a ticket through Future Shop's website.

I inquired about being charged full price and they are crediting my Visa $20.

Wow... I feel like shit cause I cancelled the preorder as I found it $10 cheaper elsewhere. Goddamn...

Leeness

SaitoH said:
Guess it depends on who responds to the ticket. =(

I'm gonna get my hardass friend to do it on the phone and we'll tell them ~someone we know~ was credited and I want my credit too, dammit! :)

isny

napkin dispenser
Layton is $5 off if you preorder from BB's website.

It releases on the 18th, so you have two weeks to preorder at the $24.99 price =D

(I used the last of my OOT coupons on it too, so I ended up paying $15 plus tax!)

Looks like 12 Months Xbox Live codes are selling for $48 on Amazon.ca right now. Not huge savings but better than nothing if you want live for Gears or whatever.

Neki

Shalashaska161 said:
Looks like 12 Months Xbox Live codes are selling for $48 on Amazon.ca right now. Not huge savings better than nothing if you want live for Gears or whatever.
tempting, kinda want to play gears online, but 48 dollars is practically a game. D:

snack

Shalashaska161 said:
Looks like 12 Months Xbox Live codes are selling for $48 on Amazon.ca right now. Not huge savings but better than nothing if you want live for Gears or whatever.
You can get a 12 month sub here on the buy/sell thread for around 40 dollars. That's where I go when I wanna buy one myself.

isny said:
Layton is $5 off if you preorder from BB's website.

It releases on the 18th, so you have two weeks to preorder at the $24.99 price =D

(I used the last of my OOT coupons on it too, so I ended up paying $15 plus tax!)

This apparently applies to both the DS game and the 3DS game. Layton Bonanza!!

Big Chungus

Bought 2 copies of Dark Souls for 360 at Best Buy during that sale they had in June.

Anyone know if i'm able to switch them to the PS3 version without sacrificing the sale price?

I just got informed about my BB preorders from June that are still awaiting shipment.

Dark Souls is gone. I hope it means it's shipped.

has anyone got their xbox live hacked recently?

i think mine was hacked from a points contest (phishing) that i possibly heard about from gaf (or rfd/cag) because i received a suspicious email about getting 200 points that was cc'ed to the new windows live hacker account?

ms says up to 25 days to investigate and has frozen my account....real bummer cause im at the end of gow3 and wanted to finish the game today...

Question regarding Futureshop and the Dark Souls CE.

I got screwed over switching my order from Amazon to Newegg, and I was wondering how reliable FS has been historically with their pre-orders. I pre-ordered the CE last Thursday, and it's still listed as "in stock" on the website.

Should I be hopeful?

WEGGLES

SabinFigaro said:
Question regarding Futureshop and the Dark Souls CE.

I got screwed over switching my order from Amazon to Newegg, and I was wondering how reliable FS has been historically with their pre-orders. I pre-ordered the CE last Thursday, and it's still listed as "in stock" on the website.

Should I be hopeful?
Check your orders page. I pre-ordered Dark Souls, and under My Orders...

D8h3b.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Check your order info, it should say Collector's Edition now if you pre-ordered before a certain date.
I'm glad they fixed this anyway - even if the CE is mostly BS.

ameratsu

Is the current deal from future shop the best deal going for Dark Souls ($10 off Skyrim and $10 GC)? I don't really care about the collector's edition, cool if i get it, if i don't no big deal.

edit: I didn't preorder

Interestingly enough, FS has removed reference of "free upgrade to CE" on both the regular and CE SKUs. They now advertise $10 gift card with the regular edition.

Take that with a grain of salt.

SabinFigaro said:
Interestingly enough, FS has removed reference of "free upgrade to CE" on both the regular and CE SKUs. They now advertise $10 gift card with the regular edition.

Take that with a grain of salt.

So, question: I bought Deus Ex from Future Shop on Day One, and they told me if I kept the receipt, I get ten dollars off Arkham City when it comes out. Still have the receipt, but does this mean I can get 20 dollars off AC when it comes out of I get a gift card from them as well?

Also, is Future Shop only selling the Steel Book, or are they selling the standard version as well? Anyone know?

ElNino

PalaceBrother said:
Does anybody know if the Steelbook is available for in store purchases (ie. not pre-ordering)?
Based on what has happened with the last Steelbook offers (Gears 3/NHL 12), I'll be surprised if we even get it with our pre-orders.

I remember pre-order incentives/first-run bonuses for some SNES games, such as a t-shirt for Illusion of Gaia, but I don't recall an actual separate product or SKU.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regard to Order # ________

I’m happy to inform you that a discount in the amount of $20.00 has been applied to your order number __________ on June 9 2011. Your order total was $44.79 which was charged on September 23 2011.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing service@futureshop.com or by calling 1-800-663-2275.

Sincerely,

Future Shop

... -.-
What a wonderful fucking discount, I got to pay regular price!
Needless to say they are recieving a follow up email as we speak.

Anth0ny

Man, Dark Souls sounds so awesome. I love hard games. I beat the shit out of Castlevania and Zelda II this year and it felt amazing. So satisfying.

But I need to watch my budget. November is pure wallet hell for gaming ; _ ;

Anth0ny said:
Man, Dark Souls sounds so awesome. I love hard games. I beat the shit out of Castlevania and Zelda II

Your body is not even close to being ready if you think those are hard games.

The real demon's souls starts here.

TheExodu5

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Man, Dark Souls sounds so awesome. I love hard games. I beat the shit out of Castlevania and Zelda II this year and it felt amazing. So satisfying.

But I need to watch my budget. November is pure wallet hell for gaming ; _ ;

If you only buy one more game for the rest of the year, it should be Dark Souls.

Hieberrr

Are there any deals on PSN cards or should I just buy the PSN content from the PSN Store? I don't feel like paying 13% taxes :S

No_Style

Hieberrr said:
Are there any deals on PSN cards or should I just buy the PSN content from the PSN Store? I don't feel like paying 13% taxes :S

PSN cards are simply $20. They don't charge taxes. The taxes are applied on the PSN purchase itself.

Also, I've never seen a deal on PSN cards that wasn't a typo.

SickBoy

No_Style said:
PSN cards are simply $20. They don't charge taxes. The taxes are applied on the PSN purchase itself.

Also, I've never seen a deal on PSN cards that wasn't a typo.

Superstore was selling $50 cards for $40 earlier this year, and they're always a little bit cheaper than face value at Costco.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anth0ny said:
what the hell

does this game just kick you directly in the balls or something?
Yes. You'll be instantly killed a hundred times, you'll accidentally roll of a cliff and fall to your death because the camera sucks. You'll get rolled over by boulders, be eaten by packs of wolves, and you'll miss a shield block and lose 3/4 of your HP.

SickBoy

Lyphen said:
Yes. You'll be instantly killed a hundred times, you'll accidentally roll of a cliff and fall to your death because the camera sucks. You'll get rolled over by boulders, be eaten by packs of wolves, and you'll miss a shield block and lose 3/4 of your HP.

I had been planning on getting Demon's Souls to see what the fuss was about. After the commentary in this thread, I'm glad I managed to find it for $4.50 at the Blockbuster liquidation.

So I have a dilemma:

I ordered Zelda: Skyword Sword at Futureshop way back during their E3 sale ($40). However, I don't have a Wii Motion + controller or attachment, so that'll be extra ($25).

Way after that promo, Nintendo announced the special edition of Zelda:SS that came with a gold Wii Motion + controller. Soon after, Futureshop had another preorder sale where you could get a bunch of games for $10 off. So I preordered the special edition ($60).

So I still have that original normal edition of Zelda coming to me for $40. Do you think I'll be able to re-sell it sealed for $40 or more anywhere, or should I just cancel the order?

Firestorm

I have both too. I'll probably just return it or sell it at cost to a friend. Don't want to deal with cancelling in case it cancels my entire order...

C-Jo

Mike Works said:
So I still have that original normal edition of Zelda coming to me for $40. Do you think I'll be able to re-sell it sealed for $40 or more anywhere, or should I just cancel the order?
I wouldn't think you'd have a hard time getting rid of it for $40 on Craigslist, but I dunno.

Mike Works said:
So I have a dilemma:

I ordered Zelda: Skyword Sword at Futureshop way back during their E3 sale ($40). However, I don't have a Wii Motion + controller or attachment, so that'll be extra ($25).

Way after that promo, Nintendo announced the special edition of Zelda:SS that came with a gold Wii Motion + controller. Soon after, Futureshop had another preorder sale where you could get a bunch of games for $10 off. So I preordered the special edition ($60).

Sell it on neogaf in the b/s/t thread on the community forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom