• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

firehawk12 said:
I was charged at BB, but no shipping. FS is still cancellable for me... I wonder if they ran out of CEs. :p
When did you order at Best Buy? No shipping indication here, but it's still cancellable, which I'm guessing means I havn't been charged? I ordered June 9th.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Firestorm said:
I have both too. I'll probably just return it or sell it at cost to a friend. Don't want to deal with cancelling in case it cancels my entire order...
Same for me. Hell, it might be worth it to trade in my $40 Zelda to EB if there's a good deal. If not then I'll just return it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
mrgone said:
When did you order at Best Buy? No shipping indication here, but it's still cancellable, which I'm guessing means I havn't been charged? I ordered June 9th.
I can't remember, but it was during the E3 sale. And yeah. It will also say how much was charged somewhere on the page.

mrgone

firehawk12 said:
I can't remember, but it was during the E3 sale. And yeah. It will also say how much was charged somewhere on the page.
Nice, that's around the same time. Hopefully tomorrow then!

Firestorm said:
I have both too. I'll probably just return it or sell it at cost to a friend. Don't want to deal with cancelling in case it cancels my entire order...

Got a $40 copy from FS (will try to get the additional $10 off), a $60 bundle from the last online sale (also FS), and did a T2+$20 at EB for the bundle.

I may have a problem.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Lone_Prodigy said:
Got a $40 copy from FS (will try to get the additional $10 off), a $60 bundle from the last online sale (also FS), and did a T2+$20 at EB for the bundle.

I may have a problem.
I have a total of 4 pre-orders. Two of each version.

WEGGLES

h0giY.png

This doesn't mean what I think it means, right?

mrgone

WEGGLES said:
h0giY.png

I can't say for certain whether or not it's the case this time, but I'm sure I've had things ship from Futureshop before that have been listed "out of stock" on my order page. I always just figured it was grabbing the current stock for that item, not reflecting my own purchase's fate. Hopefully that's what's happening here!

Smo21

WEGGLES said:
h0giY.png

When did you preorder? Mine says in stock. They charged my card but there is no sign of it having been shipped. Dont they only charge once its been sent out?

frequency

Mike Works said:
So I have a dilemma:

I ordered Zelda: Skyword Sword at Futureshop way back during their E3 sale ($40). However, I don't have a Wii Motion + controller or attachment, so that'll be extra ($25).

Way after that promo, Nintendo announced the special edition of Zelda:SS that came with a gold Wii Motion + controller. Soon after, Futureshop had another preorder sale where you could get a bunch of games for $10 off. So I preordered the special edition ($60).

So I still have that original normal edition of Zelda coming to me for $40. Do you think I'll be able to re-sell it sealed for $40 or more anywhere, or should I just cancel the order?
If you can't re-sell it, you can just return it to a local FS unopened.

Haeleos

Haeleos said:
I know Futureshop has it listed but they always list stuff like that on their website and tell you it's out of stock a day later once you've ordered...

Hate to say I told you. Fuck preordering from FS.

ShaneB

I'm baffled at the logic of a pre-order being out of stock. It's basically the equivalent of the Seinfeld holding a reservation bit.

Onion_Relish said:
Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regard to Order # ________

I’m happy to inform you that a discount in the amount of $20.00 has been applied to your order number __________ on June 9 2011. Your order total was $44.79 which was charged on September 23 2011.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing service@futureshop.com or by calling 1-800-663-2275.

Sincerely,

Future Shop

... -.-
What a wonderful fucking discount, I got to pay regular price!
Needless to say they are recieving a follow up email as we speak.

I'm STILL trying to deal with this shit with Ico/SotC.

Luigi87

ShaneB said:
I'm baffled at the logic of a pre-order being out of stock. It's basically the equivalent of the Seinfeld holding a reservation bit.

It really is, and yet this happened to me with Best Buy (though they never switched it to "Out of Stock")

I pre-ordered Starfox 64 3D from them during the E3 sale. Months later when the game releases, they don't ship it to me. ... Two weeks nearly before they did finally ship it.

big_z

Onion_Relish said:
Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regard to Order # ________

I’m happy to inform you that a discount in the amount of $20.00 has been applied to your order number __________ on June 9 2011. Your order total was $44.79 which was charged on September 23 2011.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing service@futureshop.com or by calling 1-800-663-2275.

Sincerely,

Future Shop

... -.-
What a wonderful fucking discount, I got to pay regular price!
Needless to say they are recieving a follow up email as we speak.
I've had this happen multiple times. For some reason their price system applies the discount when you preorder instead of the final price. If you explain it to them you should have no problem getting reimbursed.

I also don't understand why bb/fs don't allow for in store pick up for preorders. It's not rocket science and it would be nice to get games on release day, not a week or two later.

Smo21

I find it weird futureshop charged my credit card yet hasn't changed my order from in stock. Don't they only charge when they are ready to ship?

I live in the city they ship from so i should get this the day they send it out.

TheExodu5

Banned
You've got to be shitting me.

Go to pick up my Dark Souls pre-order at EB today.

"Oh, looks like you only had the regular version on pre-order."

What? I pre-ordered a month ago and was explicitly told I'd be getting the upgrade to the Collector's Edition.

"Sorry, the Collector's Edition pre-orders were cut off in August."

FUCK. That's the last time you're getting a pre-order from me. Microplay may be a further drive away, but at least they're reliable.

I feel like such an asshole for cancelling my $40 pre-order at BestBuy now...

Mupod

TheExodu5 said:

What? I pre-ordered a month ago and was explicitly told I'd be getting the upgrade to the Collector's Edition.

FUCK. That's the last time you're getting a pre-order from me. Microplay may be a further drive away, but at least they're reliable.

I preordered at EB last week and my receipt says it's for the CE. Weird.

Can't go pick the game up 'till tomorrow though.

Lothars

TheExodu5 said:

Yeah that's EB for you, I prefer Microplay in every way as well as the one I normally go to is a family owned business.

It sucks they dicked you over like that though, did you get the collectors edition from microplay at least?

So Futureshop has been amazing for these E3 sales games, I preordered Deus Ex and got the game the day it came out, I also have Rage as one of the titles and it's already in town and I should be able to get it today.

I am really impressed that they are actually sending it quickly.

Lothars

Smo21 said:
I find it weird futureshop charged my credit card yet hasn't changed my order from in stock. Don't they only charge when they are ready to ship?

I live in the city they ship from so i should get this the day they send it out.
They should have sent you a notice last night saying it was shipping because my card got charged on friday and they shipped my copy of Rage last night.

TheExodu5

Banned
Lothars said:
Yeah that's EB for you, I prefer Microplay in every way as well as the one I normally go to is a family owned business.

It sucks they dicked you over like that though, did you get the collectors edition from microplay at least?

So Futureshop has been amazing for these E3 sales games, I preordered Deus Ex and got the game the day it came out, I also have Rage as one of the titles and it's already in town and I should be able to get it today.

I am really impressed that they are actually sending it quickly.

Nope...Microplay is out of PS3 CEs.

=\

Proc

I agree Lothars. I've been very impressed with the release day shipping. I haven't received the pre-order bonuses yet associated with nhl12 and gears 3 but I can't really complain.

parasight

Smo21 said:

Same thing happened to me. My order shows I've been charged but have yet to receive any email regarding shipping, nor does the website show that they've shipped it. Guess I'm not getting 2K12 today. I hate dealing with Future Shop for pre-orders but the E3 sale was too good to pass up ($39.99 for all E3 games if you bought 3 or more)

WEGGLES

Smo21 said:
When did you preorder? Mine says in stock. They charged my card but there is no sign of it having been shipped. Dont they only charge once its been sent out?
I preordered a couple weeks ago.

Lothars

Proc said:
I agree Lothars. I've been very impressed with the release day shipping. I haven't received the pre-order bonuses yet associated with nhl12 and gears 3 but I can't really complain.

I am really hoping that I get the anarchy edition of Rage and I will be dissapointed if I don't but we will see.

Smo21

WEGGLES said:
I tweeted at them, usually a good way to get a response...

http://twitter.com/#!/FS_Gamer/status/121287885772165120

fingers crossed.

Rattled

Oh twitter. Hopefully everything works out for you.

UberTag

Luigi87 said:
It really is, and yet this happened to me with Best Buy (though they never switched it to "Out of Stock")

I pre-ordered Starfox 64 3D from them during the E3 sale. Months later when the game releases, they don't ship it to me. ... Two weeks nearly before they did finally ship it.
Oddly enough, I did the same thing with Tetris Axis and they got it to me BEFORE its Sunday street date (last Friday but still that's pretty cool).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
big_z said:
I've had this happen multiple times. For some reason their price system applies the discount when you preorder instead of the final price. If you explain it to them you should have no problem getting reimbursed.

I also don't understand why bb/fs don't allow for in store pick up for preorders. It's not rocket science and it would be nice to get games on release day, not a week or two later.
Yeah, it's silly. Or at least let me ship to a store for pick up.

Luigi87

UberTag said:
Oddly enough, I did the same thing with Tetris Axis and they got it to me BEFORE its Sunday street date (last Friday but still that's pretty cool).

That's very fortunate.

Well, I went to Walmart and picked up the Dark Souls CE. If my FS order does ship (seeing as it is $49 rather than $59 I paid at Walmart), I'll return that copy to Walmart to make back my difference.

I didn't realize Futureshop/Best Buy were so bad with pre-orders. I've never had any trouble with them before, they have always shipped things the day before or on the release date for me.

I really hope Best Buy and Future Shop pulls through (pretty sure they would, though it will be late) as I won't be going in stores to pick up the CE today.

DJ_Lae

Shalashaska161 said:
I didn't realize Futureshop/Best Buy were so bad with pre-orders. I've never had any trouble with them before, they have always shipped things the day before or on the release date for me.

They seem to be getting worse - I had never had any problems with them before.

Same with Amazon. After the whole Catherine incident and a bunch of preordered blu-rays that were shipped far too late, online shopping has gotten kind of annoying.

edit - shit, I was over at Future Shop earlier but completely forgot about Dark Souls. I picked up the Lion King and Fast Five on blu-ray and everything. Should have nabbed a CE and then just canceled/returned my preorder whenever it arrived.

So far my pre-order experience has been the best at Gamestop.ca for getting the game on day one (though I only did it once), pretty bad for Amazon, and hit-or-miss with Best Buy and Future Shop (they were great with big titles such as GeOW3, but really drop the ball on others like Dark Souls, though it comes quick once it is shipped since I am in BC where one of their warehouse is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom