• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Don't know if this is a chain-wide thing or a store-by-store deal, but I was in the Game Stop in Place d'Orleans here in Ottawa today, and the PSP Go was marked down to $99. Get 'em while you can!

I posted this over at RFD last week. Probably should've posted here too, my bad :\

All PSP systems are marked down, and the "$25 trade credit for each game ($8+ TIV) traded towards hardware" deal is still active. But store stock is kind of low. You can also PM at FS/BB, but their stock is even more rare.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuzzy said:
Another online-only sale starts at BB tomorrow at 6pm EDT until Tuesday at 10am EDT. BB doesn't know the difference between EST and EDT so I fixed it here.

Video Games and Toys

10% off Select XBOX 360 Games
10% off Select Playstation 3 Games
10% off Select PC Games
10% off Select Nintendo Wii Games
10% off Select 3DS games
10% off Select DS games
10% off Select PSP/Vita games
25% off Select Used Games

Accessories

15% off Select Nintendo Wii Accessories
15% off Select PS3 Accessories
15% off Select XBOX 360 Accessories
15% off Select PSP Accessories
15% off Select DS Accessories
15% off Select 3DS Accessories

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/online-only-sale.aspx
It's on and doesn't include the Move or Kinect bundles. Oh well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm going through some bullshit with Future Shop. I called a couple of weeks ago because my God of War Collection wasn't shipped and the guy told me it was stuck in a shipment with games that haven't been released yet and he couldn't separate it and would have to have his supervisor do it. Today I check my order because I still didn't get it (but I really didn't care because I bought it for cheaper from Best Buy) and they cancelled my entire E3 order. The guy today told me he would add a note to my cancelled order and that I should re-order the games and then call back and reference my previous order so that they can adjust the price. I'm going to be very pissed if I get screwed out of that deal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You should be able to get the price adjusted. I had a problem with Purolator and Deus Ex and they let me reorder it at E3 prices.

Fuzzy said:
It's on and doesn't include the Move or Kinect bundles. Oh well.

Pre-ordered another copy of the Zelda SS bundle for $63 and 800 RZ points. I think the 800 points are better than the $3 I saved from the FS order.

WEGGLES said:
I'm still pissed.

$30 (Technically $20, since when I pre-ordered I got $10 off and they had a deal all last week to get a $10 gift card with purchase) off the REGULAR edition of the game when I wanted the special edition? And it'll be a week and a half late (I have severe doubts it'll be here tuesday if ordered Fri night)? And to get what I wanted AND ordered I'll have to pay $100+ on ebay?

Major fuck up. Way less than impressed with Futureshop right now, to say the least. This shit is the EXACT opposite of why I would pre-order a game...

I heard stories from within. Let's just say we're lucky things went as smoothly as they did (even though it wasn't as smooth as you'd have expected). Things could have been ROYALLY fucked up, which IMO is worse than a major fuck up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
radiantdreamer said:
I heard stories from within. Let's just say we're lucky things went as smoothly as they did (even though it wasn't as smooth as you'd have expected). Things could have been ROYALLY fucked up, which IMO is worse than a major fuck up.
Can't share I guess?

Decado

How are the pre-owned games on BB? Would definitely consider Motorstorm Apocalypse for around $26 as long as the package is complete (manual, proper box etc.).

EDIT: lol...except it is sold out :|

firehawk12 said:
Can't share I guess?

Yeah, internal stories that I'm sworn to secrecy. It was definitely the best they could do given the circumstances they were in. After hearing what happened, I can't blame them entirely.

Onion_Relish said:
Still haven't gotten my discount on the ico collection. I won't give up so easily!

Same situation as me, dude. And I know people internally! o_O;

parasight

So the Future Shop steelbooks are on the site now (the AC:R one got pulled though). But the BF3 one has this:

*Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. This SteelBook promotion is only effective between October 7 - 13 and does not apply to previous orders.

Lame. So I won't get it with my E3 Pre-Order.

Anth0ny

Anyone know if the Metal Gear Solid HD Limited Edition is US only? I can't seem to find it on any Canadian sites for pre-order =/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chances of finding a Forza 4 LE tomorrow in-store? Hear people are having enough trouble finding them online, and if I'm going to order online I'm likely going to receive it a week+ from now anyways, whereas I'm free this week and would like it sooner.

RS4-

Damn, I'll preorder the CE/LE whatever they call it, hopefully the art book is an actual art book and not some dvd case sized nonsense.

Home

So I had to cancel the CC I used to make an E3 deal order, and it won't let me change payment information now. Ugh, damn Futureshop. I'm not even sure what will happen tomorrow when they bill for Forza, they better not cancel the entire thing.

Llyranor

"Get $5 off when you pre-order this game online. The discount will automatically be applied to your cart. If the price drops on the release date you will be charged the lowest price. Offer available online only."

btkadams

Llyranor said:
"Get $5 off when you pre-order this game online. The discount will automatically be applied to your cart. If the price drops on the release date you will be charged the lowest price. Offer available online only."
wow i'm an idiot haha. let's never speak of this again.

Firestorm

Canada Only iTunes Codes. Post once you've used it.

Thor: Tales of Asgard Animated Movie - Rental (Quote to View)
Batman Year One TV Show - 3 Episodes (Quote to View)
Lost Girl TV Show - 2 Episodes (Quote to View)

Expires October 31st.

isny

napkin dispenser
Firestorm said:
Canada Only iTunes Codes. Post once you've used it.

Thor: Tales of Asgard Animated Movie - Rental
Batman Year One TV Show - 3 Episodes

Expires October 31st.

Batman
RLKNT7MW6699
JR6PXRPWP9AK

Thor
3HJ9AHMKLYLN

Those are my extras. Same expiry date.

Magnus

Gamestop's tradein program for Apple devices has started. I just checked the tradein value for my 3GS 16gb - $230. Higher than I expected, and no charger/cable/case needed with it. Now to fix the screen so that they'll take it, lol.

For anyone curious, I asked about a 16gb iPhone 4's value: $240, lol.

Maddog

Home said:
So I had to cancel the CC I used to make an E3 deal order, and it won't let me change payment information now. Ugh, damn Futureshop. I'm not even sure what will happen tomorrow when they bill for Forza, they better not cancel the entire thing.

They keep trying for a week or so. Give them a call. Their phone support is really nice.

DJ_Lae

enzo_gt said:
Chances of finding a Forza 4 LE tomorrow in-store? Hear people are having enough trouble finding them online, and if I'm going to order online I'm likely going to receive it a week+ from now anyways, whereas I'm free this week and would like it sooner.

Future Shop here in Victoria had at least two dozen copies of the LE.

I nabbed one as my E3 preorder is locked in with Diablo 3 (so stupid) and when I phoned to ask about it, the guy said he couldn't change it. So I guess I'll just return it or sell it whenever Diablo 3 actually ships.

Got season 15 of Top Gear free with the game - it's a weird promotion, but hey, free stuff.

Tiktaalik

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Don't know if this is a chain-wide thing or a store-by-store deal, but I was in the Game Stop in Place d'Orleans here in Ottawa today, and the PSP Go was marked down to $99. Get 'em while you can!

Thanks for posting this. I snagged the last PSP Go at the downtown Vancouver EB Games. I was dreading some witty comment from the clerk, but thankfully only had to deal with a "haven't sold one of these in a while."

It seems these things are fairly rare now so I encourage folks to get on this if they're at least a little bit interested.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DJ_Lae said:
Future Shop here in Victoria had at least two dozen copies of the LE.

I nabbed one as my E3 preorder is locked in with Diablo 3 (so stupid) and when I phoned to ask about it, the guy said he couldn't change it. So I guess I'll just return it or sell it whenever Diablo 3 actually ships.

Got season 15 of Top Gear free with the game - it's a weird promotion, but hey, free stuff.
I didn't even know they sold Top Gear Season DVDs in Canada, wow.

Gonna check out my local FS in a few. They say it's in stock, but their site is pretty frequently wrong.

lupinko

Socreges said:
So for the Walmart Arkham City/Asylum SKU: link here....

Is this going to be available in stores? Does it say not available in stores just because it's not on sale yet?

Yeah, do we have to preorder this? Or can I just walk in and buy it? And how does preordering work for Wally anyway. =x

C-Jo

TheExodu5 said:
Anyone in Canada get a Dark Souls Guide?
Not yet, no. Ordered from Amazon and they emailed me to let me know it was delayed. Same thing happened with the hardcover Deus Ex guide, and I got that eventually.

krae_man

Fuzzy said:
Not unique.

PS3_coupon_2.jpg

Or online promo code: ps3320ico

Man I would buy that if I didn't already own those games.

WEGGLES

C-Jo said:
Not yet, no. Ordered from Amazon and they emailed me to let me know it was delayed. Same thing happened with the hardcover Deus Ex guide, and I got that eventually.
So that's why

EB, Coles, Chapters, Walmart, Futureshop, Best Buy, other EB... didn't have it today.

krae_man

Has anyone ever traveled to the states with a Rogers phone?

I got dinged for $60 in data I didn't use. The Rogers supervisor I talked to was trying to tell me that connecting to a US tower uses data and I rightfully got billed for it at the low low rate of $1/25kb.

I did not use my browser, facebook or email phone apps. it's not even a smartphone. I should be able to only be billed for the phone calls and text messages I sent while down there.

Annoying thing is I'm on Pay as you Go, so I can't contest the bill, I've already paid for it and Rogers is just like "too bad".

WEGGLES

krae_man said:
Has anyone ever traveled to the states with a Rogers phone?

I got dinged for $60 in data I didn't use. The Rogers supervisor I talked to was trying to tell me that connecting to a US tower uses data and I rightfully got billed for it at the low low rate of $1/25kb.

I did not use my browser, facebook or email phone apps. it's not even a smartphone. I should be able to only be billed for the phone calls and text messages I sent while down there.

Annoying thing is I'm on Pay as you Go, so I can't contest the bill, I've already paid for it and Rogers is just like "too bad".
I'd switch

But you shouldn't have been charged, most phones have data roaming off by default.

krae_man

WEGGLES said:
I'd switch

But you shouldn't have been charged, most phones have data roaming off by default.

The phone is a Nokia C3. it's a Pay as you Go non-smartphone. Data is always off by default, or at least it should be.

I was planning on switching to Wind when my balance ran out anyway, Guess this just speeds things up.

WEGGLES

krae_man said:
The phone is a Nokia C3. it's a Pay as you Go non-smartphone. Data is always off by default, or at least it should be.

I was planning on switching to Wind when my balance ran out anyway, Guess this just speeds things up.
I'd give them one last call and ask "what's more important, this $60 or me as a customer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom