• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I don't even know how to transfer stuff from my old phone. How do I do that? I can definitely go phoneless until I get the new 4Gs, I guess, provided my sim card isn't locked to my current 3G?

Some help would be appreciated.

How long does this deal run for?

Ondore

You'd have to get a new SIM card when you get a 4/4s anyway (it doesn't take the same size of SIM the 3 does). You should be able to do a backup in iTunes, and hopefully EB/Gamestop will wipe the device before they resell it.

Transferring is really easy; as Ondore says just do a backup in iTunes (make sure the various apps/music/video sync settings are right, of course) and when you restore your new phone using that same iTunes install it can restore to the held backup. (That's how I did 3G->3GS-4).

I absolutely wouldn't pretend that EB wipes your device though. If you're going to swap you best be wiping the device yourself, first.

IllumiNate

Just ordered the 320gb Infamous 2 Bundle with Batman AC for $299, you can also add Assassin's Creed Revelations for $49.99 when you buy the bundle.

I had the Uncharted 3 bundle pre-ordered but the infamous bundle with Batman is the better deal.

WEGGLES

Re-ordered dark souls from futureshop at $30.

Once it shows up, I'll have to return that copy to walmart for the full price I paid there... yeesh what a headache.

GRYBp.png

It says 'not applicable for Playstation hardware' though I just tried it and it works. Too bad their collection is shit and stuff is expensive.

Oh well... at least you can preorder Personal 3D Viewer for $25 off... right?

:/

I'd do the 3G trade in but I never shop at eb games. Would anyone who is a big EB games shopper here buy my $180 gift card for face value? Lol

It's tax free! No tax on gift card purchases right? So the card is actually worth over $200!

My mother would be angry since I promised her my 3G after I get my 4S Monday. :/

Buuuu $180!

Mothers love vs $180. Hmm.

criesofthepast said:
I'd do the 3G trade in but I never shop at eb games. Would anyone who is a big EB games shopper here buy my $180 gift card for face value? Lol

It's tax free! No tax on gift card purchases right? So the card is actually worth over $200!

My mother would be angry since I promised her my 3G after I get my 4S Monday. :/

Buuuu $180!

Mothers love vs $180. Hmm.

Mom will still love you if you didn't give her your 3G.

;D

snack

Anyone familiar with Bestbuy rewards zone? My points are now posted instead of pending but I still don't have the option of printing out certificates.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
snack said:
Anyone familiar with Bestbuy rewards zone? My points are now posted instead of pending but I still don't have the option of printing out certificates.
What did you set your rebate level at? 400/800/1600? It'll automatically redeem the points once you reach the level you set it at a couple of days (maybe a week, I can't remember) after you reach it then they'll email you that you can print them out. The only thing I don't like is that if you have your rebate level set at 1600 and you go from below 1600 to over 2000 then they'll redeem 2000 points for a $20 and a $5 certificate instead of just 1 $20 certificate and leave the other 400 points in your account.

Crazymoogle said:
Transferring is really easy; as Ondore says just do a backup in iTunes (make sure the various apps/music/video sync settings are right, of course) and when you restore your new phone using that same iTunes install it can restore to the held backup. (That's how I did 3G->3GS-4).

I absolutely wouldn't pretend that EB wipes your device though. If you're going to swap you best be wiping the device yourself, first.

Sweet.

I just called my local EB, and they have no idea how long the deal is going to run for. Chances are, not very long. If anyone has a definite answer, I'd love to hear it.

RS4-

krae_man said:
How are those crazy? They are still $500 phones.

Also, Futureshop charged my card for Ratchet and Clank all 4 one. Hopefully that means I'll get it on release day.
Because a price for a used 3G is in line with what EB is offering.

They're offering more for a 2g while the prices are fair for the 3G/s and horrible for the 4

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone know a good comparison shopping app with Canadian options?

I want to be able to scan a DVD barcode and see:
- Amazon.ca's current price
- HMV's current price
- RCSS' current price
- Walmart's current price
- BB/FS' current price
- (if game) Gamestop's current price

- Ideally also a price history on Amazon.

(iOS, but any smartphone will do)

Stumpokapow said:

- HMV's current price
- RCSS' current price
- BB/FS' current price

Damn. This would be good.

shagg_187 said:
GRYBp.png

It says 'not applicable for Playstation hardware' though I just tried it and it works. Too bad their collection is shit and stuff is expensive.

Oh well... at least you can preorder Personal 3D Viewer for $25 off... right?

:/

I tried that Personal 3D Viewer and thought it was terribad. Weight was uncomfortable.

krae_man

DoctorWho said:
Damn. This would be good.

I tried that Personal 3D Viewer and thought it was terribad. Weight was uncomfortable.

I couldn't get it in the right spot. My head was too big or something.

krae_man said:
I couldn't get it in the right spot. My head was too big or something.

I think my head was too small. I tried the adjustments on the head strap and then the focus for the "screen" just wouldn't give me a clear image. The guy demoing it didn't help much either.

Fuzzy

Stumpokapow said:

- HMV's current price
- RCSS' current price
- BB/FS' current price

Somebody needs to write one because that would be awesome.

Takao

Banned
It took me a while to get the 3D viewer focused right for my eyes, but when I did it worked well, and I didn't really feel uncomfortable with it.

Firestorm

RIM is giving $100 of free apps (apparently there are $100 worth of apps on BlackBerry now!) to make up for the service outage. You can download 'em from App World starting Wednesday. There'll be some released every week for four weeks. Available to download for free until December 31st.

http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=5214

List of some of the apps:
• SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
• Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
• N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
• Texas Hold’em Poker 2 - Gameloft
• Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
• Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
• DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
• iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
• Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
• Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
• Shazam Encore - Shazam
• Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

Takao

Banned
People play games on their Blackberries? Like on the actual phones, and not the tablet (I imagine if it was the tablet there wouldn't be people complaining about a service outage) ? Whoa, mind blown.

SaitoH

Has anyone that preordered Batman, at the Futureshop E3 deal, get notification that it was shipped yet?

My Ico collection was shipped day before release, but nothing yet on Batman.

Ondore

Takao said:
People play games on their Blackberries? Like on the actual phones, and not the tablet (I imagine if it was the tablet there wouldn't be people complaining about a service outage) ? Whoa, mind blown.

Brick Breaker is a helluva drug.

Firestorm

Falldown is the best. Its like the TI-83+ game with colour. Although I liked my TI-83+ version better.

Honestly I'm pretty sure the average BlackBerry user BBMs/MSNs/Texts someone when bored rather than playing a game =P

krae_man

SaitoH said:
Has anyone that preordered Batman, at the Futureshop E3 deal, get notification that it was shipped yet?

I got a shipping notice for Ratchet and Clank today.

Luigi87

SaitoH said:

I only ordered Batman on September 24th, however I can no longer cancel it, which means it is close to shipping.

Firestorm

SaitoH said:

Just got it:
Item(s)shipped Quantity Price
Batman: Arkham City (XBOX 360) - Future Shop Exclusive 1 $49.99

Firestorm

canadian crowe said:
Has anybody used WalMart's shipping before? I just got an e-mail saying mine has shipped. I wonder if it'll make it tomorrow.
Wal-Mart Canada didn't do online orders until recently so don't think so.

Bruiserk

I just found out that Best Buy is doing a midnight launch for Battlefield 3. Here is the list of stores participating:

British Columbia

Cambie Street, Vancouver
Pinetree Village, Coquitlam
Central City, Surrey
66th Avenue, Langley

Alberta

19th Avenue NW, Edmonton
137 Avenue NW, Edmonton
Riocan Meadows, Edmonton
Sunridge Center, Calgary
5111 Northlands Drive NW, Calgary

Saskatchewan

2125 Prince of Wales Drive, Regina
3310 8th Street East, Saskatoon

Manitoba

St.James, Winnipeg

Ontario

Bay & Dundas, Toronto
Heartland Town Centre, Mississauga
Bramalea City Centre, Brampton
215 Fairway Road South , Kitchener
Scarborough Town Center, Scarborough
4379 Walker Road, Windsor
1735 Richmond Street, London
380 Coventry Road, Ottawa

Personally, I will be attending the Central City, Surrey one. Also, If you are in the first 100 customers you will get a free shirt. If you are attending the one on Cambie Street in Vancouver or Bay & Dundas in Toronto and are within the first 15, you get a free hoodie.

Fuzzy

Luigi87 said:
I only ordered Batman on September 24th, however I can no longer cancel it, which means it is close to shipping.
Same for me but I ordered from BB since it was cheaper ($44). I'll contact customer support in a month and get them to add 800 RZ points also since I've done it in the past for games that added that as a bonus after I've pre-ordered.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Dark Souls guide seems to be 22 dollars at Gamestop, if you can find it. Although, I have no idea why... my receipt just lists a discount and I'm not going to complain.

Edit: also, it seems zip.ca is raising its prices, for anyone still using the service. I've been perpetually putting it on hold, but I may just let it lapse and forget my points at this point.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fuzzy said:
Here's an update: When I originally called in it was because my 5-game E3 pre-order had completely disappeared from the FS website. I had a 4-game E3 pre-order that I cancelled during E3 when they added Zelda so I could make my 5-game order. Because my 5-game order was completely missing (I had the emails to prove I had made it even though they didn't have it in their system) the guy used my cancelled 4-game order to give me the E3 prices on those games. I finally called today and had them update the prices on my new order with my E3 prices and everything went smoothly. Here's the funny thing, my 5-game pre-order that went missing has somehow come back and now I have two E3 orders. That means I have extra copies of Ratchet All 4 One, Uncharted 3 and Assassin's Creed Revelations all at $39.99 coming. I'll see if my brother or cousin wants any of them at those prices but if not I'll just return them. FS customer support was really easy to deal with and it only took this long because I didn't call in the next day like the first guy said I should.

Whoa awesome that I just saw this. I haven't called yet but my E3 order that was Rage, Uncharted 3 and MW3 hasn't gone though yet. I'm guessing something is screwed up. Luckily I have the emails still. And now I have your story to use as a reference.

:)

denomes

SaitoH said:

Collector's Edition shipped for me (gift) but no word yet on the standard version.

No sign of Batman shipping from BB on my end.

I haven't pre-ordered a game online with them since the PS2 days so I hope I'm not sitting here all week waiting.

Stumpokapow said:

- HMV's current price
- RCSS' current price
- BB/FS' current price

if something like this exists, i need it in my life now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom