• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheExodu5 said:
?

You have the choice in between $20 off or a free Steelbook. Regardless, they're giving you a better deal than other stores. It might not be financially viable for them to offer both $20 off and the Steelbook.

I know. My comment was a knock on everyone who hates futures shop just because they don't get free games with steelbooks.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
$30 gift card with 3DS this week at Futureshop. Effectively a 'free game' with the system. I wonder if there will be any better pre-Boxing Day sales for it.

Cheerilee

Got my Arkham steelbook today, and yesterday I was emailed a 5% off Futureshop coupon because of the mess. Glad I didn't return the game.

Now to ponder if I really want a Zelda steelbook. And think about the best time to use the coupon.

Quadratic

I've haven't kept up with the steelbook debacle. I just got mine in the mail too. I wasn't expecting anything and it showed up! 5% off is some extra icing on the cake. So I'm assuming after the Batman AC issues they reworked the preorder bonus fine print?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EvilMario said:
$30 gift card with 3DS this week at Futureshop. Effectively a 'free game' with the system. I wonder if there will be any better pre-Boxing Day sales for it.
Hmmm...should've told this to a couple in front of me with the eb guy talking it up to them. Goddamn had to stand there listening to him while biting my tongue.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's Amazon.ca like for pre-orders?

Will Express/Priority get me them on release or should I just stick with free shipping?

/onlinepurchasingnoob

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Hmmm...should've told this to a couple in front of me with the eb guy talking it up to them. Goddamn had to stand there listening to him while biting my tongue.

I don't hold back if situations like that, even if it cost the store I'm in a sale. I told someone to go to a store a few blocks down because the game they were buying at EBgames had a $5 markup in comparison, so they left. Bwaha.

DJ_Lae

enzo_gt said:

Will Express/Priority get me them on release or should I just stick with free shipping?

/onlinepurchasingnoob

I've never had Amazon ship a game prior to release, so even if you go express you won't get it for a day or two after, depending on where you are in the country. Might as well save the cash and go with free shipping

I find it easier to go Future Shop as they (usually) ship the game out from Vancouver.

Anth0ny

enzo_gt said:

/onlinepurchasingnoob

I don't know if it's the same for games, but I got Lion King on Blu Ray on release date from Amazon. Free shipping.

I think it might be because I'm close to their factory. They're in Mississauga, I think.

vulva

a friend of mine is looking at getting the diablo 3 CE. Any suggestions for best way to ensure day 1 arrival? Is he best off pre-ordering in store?

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
Anyone know if Skyrim will be getting a midnight release ANYWHERE in Toronto? I would be severely disappointed if this didn't happen.

Firestorm

NeoGAF Shirt Store
Free Shipping using coupon WITCHINGHOUR this weekend only. So if you wanna grab your Canada-GAF shirts this is a good time! They're out of Black shirts in M though :(

http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com (end of first and second page has the canada ones)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EvilMario said:
I don't hold back if situations like that, even if it cost the store I'm in a sale. I told someone to go to a store a few blocks down because the game they were buying at EBgames had a $5 markup in comparison, so they left. Bwaha.
Heh, in that case I just should've sold them mine. Gathering dust in yhe corner...

I was just in EB and they had a poster up now offering Uncharted 3 with the Playstation Display along with Resistance 3 and Motorstorm: Apocolypse.

That's three games and the Display for $499.99. I've pretty much paid off all of it using trade ins of games $8 and up (They get you $25 of trade-in value). I'm getting Uncharted 3 this week and trading it back in as soon as I finish it towards the display.

Erudite

Firestorm said:
NeoGAF Shirt Store
Free Shipping using coupon WITCHINGHOUR this weekend only. So if you wanna grab your Canada-GAF shirts this is a good time! They're out of Black shirts in M though :(

http://neogaf.spreadshirt.com (end of first and second page has the canada ones)

Is the coupon not working for anyone else? :(

It tells me the coupon has already been used and is invalid. Tried both in Chrome and on my iPhone

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Traced-Velocity said:
Is the coupon not working for anyone else? :(

It tells me the coupon has already been used and is invalid. Tried both in Chrome and on my iPhone
I just checked it on Firefox for you and it's not working. I guess someone should contact EviLore to find out what's wrong.

EvilMario said:

3DS is $159.99 at Shopper's. You could PM and get the GC.

PS3 broke. Are there any cheap 160GB bundle deals? I already have a 500GB hard drive so I don't really want to spend $300 for the 320GB model...

Not sure if mentioned, but keep an eye out on Sears because they got loads of ubber -cheap stuff on liquidation.

Just got the red and blue PS2 memory cards, a DSi starter kit from Power A, and Rachet Size Matters PS2, all for $5 each.

Also saw Gears 2, Lego Batman, and Dead Space, among others, on 360 for $5 each as well.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone know of a good wall outlet-usb charger and where I can buy one? I have a shit ton of stuff that needs to be charged via usb, and I only can keep my computer on for so long before going to bed.

ismaboof

Mikey Jr. said:
Anyone know of a good wall outlet-usb charger and where I can buy one? I have a shit ton of stuff that needs to be charged via usb, and I only can keep my computer on for so long before going to bed.
Monoprice.com

The post above asking about USB chargers reminded me of this:

TruePower-UCS-USB-Power-Outlet_1.jpg

Does anybody know if something similar to this exists? I've checked with a few electrical shops in Toronto and nobody seems to be aware.

Conceptor

Hmm.. other than buying one online or something, you could always try a DIY project, I suppose. Something like this, or even try searching around some electrical enthusiast forums where someone might have had a similar project or even the instructions to build your own out of parts, kinda like this. I have a friend who used to make his own guitar pedals so I'll ask him where he used to get his schematics from - wouldn't hurt, after all.

I pre-ordered Batman AC on October 4th but I didn't receive a steelbook case. Does anybody know if this is within the promotional period? I'd really like to get the case because I bought the collector's edition which doesn't have a proper case. Haven't received an e-mail from FS either...

parasight

Firestorm said:
NeoGAF Shirt Store

Ah, was waiting for something like this. Guess I missed it because it says the coupon expired at 3AM today.

Takuan

TheExodu5 said:
That's called fraud.
--> "That's okay. Because fuck you futureshop!"

I know he was being sarcastic, and I know my attitude stinks of wretched entitlement, but I truly couldn't care less about Future Shop's bottom line when they don't care about mine.

vulva said:
a friend of mine is looking at getting the diablo 3 CE. Any suggestions for best way to ensure day 1 arrival? Is he best off pre-ordering in store?
Day 1 arrival = pre-order in store, or be there at opening. I've had pretty decent luck getting online pre-orders on day 1, but there were occasions where it'd take another business day or two after launch to receive. Nine times out of ten it isn't a big deal, but D3 belongs to that special 10%.

PeteZaTheHutt said:
I pre-ordered Batman AC on October 4th but I didn't receive a steelbook case. Does anybody know if this is within the promotional period? I'd really like to get the case because I bought the collector's edition which doesn't have a proper case. Haven't received an e-mail from FS either...
Call customer service and cross your fingers. Best of luck. If you qualify, there is no reason you shouldn't get it.

lupinko

Hero of Legend said:
Not sure if mentioned, but keep an eye out on Sears because they got loads of ubber -cheap stuff on liquidation.

Just got the red and blue PS2 memory cards, a DSi starter kit from Power A, and Rachet Size Matters PS2, all for $5 each.

Also saw Gears 2, Lego Batman, and Dead Space, among others, on 360 for $5 each as well.

I'll make a note of this, thanks.

Mikey Jr. said:

Look at Belkin brand. Canada Computers has them and Dell as well.

Conceptor said:
Hmm.. other than buying one online or something, you could always try a DIY project, I suppose. Something like this, or even try searching around some electrical enthusiast forums where someone might have had a similar project or even the instructions to build your own out of parts, kinda like this. I have a friend who used to make his own guitar pedals so I'll ask him where he used to get his schematics from - wouldn't hurt, after all.

Wow-good info, thank you! Definitely more advanced than I'm comfortable with though.

realraptor said:
Look at Belkin brand. Canada Computers has them and Dell as well.

Will do-thanks!

Kazerei

Banned
opticalmace said:
PS3 broke. Are there any cheap 160GB bundle deals? I already have a 500GB hard drive so I don't really want to spend $300 for the 320GB model...
How patient are you? There'll probably be more deals or system bundles in December. Right now, only deal I can think of is "get $25 trade credit for each qualifying game ($8+ value) traded towards hardware". You could potentially trade 10 games for it :lol

iLLmAtlc

Today's the big day guys. Please report here if your copy of Uncharted 3 ships!

I'm still holding out hope because my copy of God of War III shipped in the evening the before release and made it to me on release day. C'mon Futureshop, don't be scared homie.

iLLmAtlc said:

I'm still holding out hope because my copy of God of War III shipped in the evening the before release and made it to me on release day. C'mon Futureshop, don't be scared homie.

Mine has not shipped. If it doesn't, I might just go to a midnight release and snag a copy. Then return my shipped copy.

What's with gamestop, they called me like, 3 days ago about Uncharted. Since when did they start calling a week in advance to pick it up. I could swear back in the day they called the night before.

krae_man

iLLmAtlc said:

I got Ratchet and Clank on time so hopefully I should get it tomorrow.

RS4-

Mikey Jr. said:

Yeah Canada Computers has a 3 outlet and 6 outlet Belkin one that goes on sale at times. This past weekend they had the 3 outlet one with the USB for 9.99.

If you're in Toronto, you can also check out Infonec, I think they currently have the 6 outlet one with USB for $20.

Oneself

About Uncharted3...

Anyone got a shipping confirmation from futureshop.ca?
It's a part of my E3 promotion order ... and it obviously hasn't been shipped today.

I guess I'll have to go in store tomorrow, buy it, and then take back the one I'll receive by mail a few (weeks?) later for a refund.

Anth0ny

Anyone know where to find a wii remote plus for cheap? Preferably a red one. Cheapest I've found so far is $40 at shoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom