• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to EB midnight.

To pick up Otomedius Excellent, just like last week, going to a BF3 launch, to get Kirby + Dance Central 2.

trollface.gif

RS4-

Ugh, I didn't know there was a UC3 tournament a few days ago in downtown TO. I would have loved to win that ps3 and CE and it would have been so easy.

Luigi87

Crazymoogle said:
My UC3 just shipped from FS.
Ditto here.

...though I'd be more excited if I didn't actually have it planned for me to hand it off to a family member saying "Here, this is what you got me for Christmas" <.<

iLLmAtlc

Sick guys! You guys just made me a lot more optimistic about getting it tomorrow.

When did you guys order and whereabouts do you guys live?

frequency

I'm jealous of you guys. FS (or any online shop for that matter) never ships anything to me until at earliest, the Wednesday after. Most of the time I get my stuff shipped like 5 days after. Is it just because I live in a smaller city or something?

Leeness

webrunner said:
More like Unchargeted, am I right?

Haha.

Aw... :(

Still no charge or shipping. And I live in Vancouver :( Oh well. I'll get it eventually.

Now to call them though and once again demand my money back for SOTC and now the $10 for Zelda. Haha. ~Trouble customer~

Edit: omg finally. Dude gave me zero hassle. Got my $30 back. :') Thank you Futureshop man. <3

Cudder

No charge or shipping notice yet for me either for my Uncharted 3. I'm having a lot of fun with BF3 right now so I actually don't care if I get it even within launch week.

Firestorm

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PlayStation 3)

Item Status: Pre-Order
Release Date: 11/01/2011

Customer Rating:
4.8 /5

(Based on 46 votes)
Review & Rate Product
Boooooo ship my game :mad: May need to buy in-store and return the online copy.

btkadams

so uncharted 3 is obviously not shipping lol. wtf.

i've been really confused as i've glanced through this thread. if we preordered uncharted 3 during the e3 sale, we are just getting a regular copy right? i'll do the buy-and-switch tomorrow and just return the one i get in the mail UNLESS the one i get in the mail is some steelbook thing. there's been so much steelbook talk that i'm not sure what games people have been talking about.

Firestorm

btkadams said:

i've been really confused as i've glanced through this thread. if we preordered uncharted 3 during the e3 sale, we are just getting a regular copy right? i'll do the buy-and-switch tomorrow and just return the one i get in the mail UNLESS the one i get in the mail is some steelbook thing. there's been so much steelbook talk that i'm not sure what games people have been talking about.
No steelbook.

Still no shipping email :(

btkadams

Firestorm said:
No steelbook.

Still no shipping email :(
alright cool, and no shipping email for me either.

do you know if that walmart arkham asylum/city deal is still going on? i haven't gotten a chance to go.

iLLmAtlc

Where is everybody who's having their copies shipped from?

I'm from Vancouver and still no luck. :( I'm starting to lose hope it'll arrive tomorrow.

btkadams

iLLmAtlc said:

I'm from Vancouver and still no luck. :( I'm starting to lose hope it'll arrive tomorrow.
i'm in calgary and there's no way it's coming tomorrow for me lol. it usually takes 2-3 days to ship from the east. i'll be angry tweeting at fs on twitter if i don't get it this week ha.

iLLmAtlc

btkadams said:
i'm in calgary and there's no way it's coming tomorrow for me lol. it usually takes 2-3 days to ship from the east. i'll be angry tweeting at fs on twitter if i don't get it this week ha.

Ah, sorry to hear that bro. I guess I shouldn't feel too disappointed since all of my stuff that gets shipped from Futureshop comes from Richmond (suburb in BC) and it usually doesn't take long for me to receive it after it has shipped.

Firestorm

btkadams said:
alright cool, and no shipping email for me either.
It should be. It was some kind of Wal-Mart exclusive SKU. I don't go to Wal-Mart much. I just saw it there when I was looking for something around October 20th.

EB Games
NEW!! TRADE 4 GET $50
TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OR PRE-ORDER OF ANY $49.99+ TITLES!

Starting October 29 and for a limited time only, trade 4 games with a minimum $5 trade value and get $50 towards the purchase or pre-order of any game (new or used) priced $49.99 or higher!

Offer ends November 5, 2011.

---

TRADE 2 GET $50
TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OR PRE-ORDER OF ANY $49.99+ TITLES!

Starting October 29 and for a limited time only, trade 2 games with a minimum $8 trade value and get $50 towards the purchase or pre-order of any game (new or used) priced $49.99 or higher!

Offer ends November 5, 2011.

http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

ismaboof

I live in Edmonton and got my Battlefield 3 Thursday morning from Futureshop. So I'm expecting similar shipping time for UC3

btkadams said:

I'm doing the same, Deus Ex didn't arrive until Thursday for me, no way I'm waiting til Thursday for U3. Just as a precaution, I won't get screwed if I buy/return at Walmart will I? Like the FS copy will be a FS Exclusive or some bs and scan differently? (I prefer walmart as its easier somehow lol)

btkadams

ismaboof said:
I live in Edmonton and got my Battlefield 3 Thursday morning from Futureshop. So I'm expecting similar shipping time for UC3
i was pretty impressed when i got the new ratchet from futureshop on the release date in the mail. i wonder why it's so random.

krae_man

iLLmAtlc said:

I live in Waterloo, Ontario and it's shipping from Toronto for me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh...EB called me on Sunday to tell me my Uncharted order was ready...

Fucking trolls, they have it and they KNOW they won't give it to me til Tuesday...

yup, my uncharted3 order is now "out of stock" as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to pull a bunch of pre-orders to make sure the stores get enough to stock their shelves.

unless FS does another deal with $40 games sometime in the future I won't be dealing with them anymore. after the way they handled SWTOR early access codes, gears3 pre-order items and currently the steel books. it' become apparent that they don't know how to handle these types of things.

Firestorm

I'll just buy it at one of their stores tomorrow where they'll probably have plenty of copies and return the online copy with store receipt when I get it -.-

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Firestorm said:
I'll just buy it at one of their stores tomorrow where they'll probably have plenty of copies and return the online copy with store receipt when I get it -.-
Like my experience with the iPhone 4S.... I'm finding that pre-orders are often getting screwed, while strolling into the store at one's leisure works just fine :p

iLLmAtlc

I'm usually very happy with Futureshop's pre-orders. Like I said a few posts ago they tend to come very quickly (release day and day after release respectively, albeit they are only two games). However, I think it's probably best to stay away from them if it comes to really high demand stuff. It's just too much of a gong show.

But I guess I can't complain since I'll be getting the game for $40. =/

Cheerilee

PalaceBrother said:
The post above asking about USB chargers reminded me of this:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/TruePower-UCS-USB-Power-Outlet_1.jpg

Does anybody know if something similar to this exists? I've checked with a few electrical shops in Toronto and nobody seems to be aware.
My spidey-sense tells me that that thing's cheap junk, both as a wall outlet and as a USB charger. One should not install cheap junk into semi-permanent locations.

You should have quality wall outlets, and plug cheap junk removable USB chargers into them. Or better yet, have quality wall outlets, with quality removable USB chargers plugged into them.

In any case, don't combine the two, not even with quality, because if one fails, both are useless.

ruby_onix said:
My spidey-sense tells me that that thing's cheap junk, both as a wall outlet and as a USB charger. One should not install cheap junk into semi-permanent locations.

You should have quality wall outlets, and plug cheap junk removable USB chargers into them. Or better yet, have quality wall outlets, with quality removable USB chargers plugged into them.

In any case, don't combine the two, not even with quality, because if one fails, both are useless.

Agreed. Unless I could get a quality Decora-style outlet that has USB pugs, I wouldn't bother.

Leeness

Yeah...mine has gone to out of stock as well. Guess I'm popping by a Future Shop today cause I wanted to play tomorrow.

Oneself

My Uncharted3 still hasn't shipped.
It's been "in process" for weeks.
It's available everywhere, online, offline...
That's how they treat customers who pre-order over 5 games, months in advance.

I'm sending an email right now to FUCKING FUTURESHOP.

lol Mine says out of stock as well. Well they only had since June to prepare, but I guess that wasn't enough time for them to figure their shit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom