• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SaitoH said:
My U3 just changed to Shipped.
Same. Damn Purolator again, although at least because of the delay, I might actually be home to get the package at least.

Edit: I just noticed, Skyrim is releasing on a Friday? That's going to be hilarious for shipping.

frequency

I just wanted to say I find it slightly amusing that people are getting mad at not receiving online orders on release date. I've never received anything on release date in the 6 or so years I've been buying stuff online.

FEEL MY PAIN.

Sorry

Mine switched to Shipped too. Also via Purolator. But I like Purolator so...

Oneself

Switched to shipped here too.

And Frequency, I'm not mad because my copy isn't here on release... =P
I'm mad because I see that others have pre-ordered the same item, around the same time that I did, and got it today... because it was sent yesterday.

Luigi87

This out of stock issue at FS sounds exactly like what happened to me with Starfox 64 3D and Best Buy. Ordered months in advance, and got OoS'd.
(Took over two weeks to finally ship).

Lothars

Shalashaska161 said:
Lame mine's still saying Out of Stock. As long as it ships by the end of today though I'll be ok.
Yeah mine shows Out of Stock as well, if it ships today I will be fine with it otherwise I am going to be pissed.

snorggy

I'm hoping it's just a glitch. If you look at the product page for U3, the available online checkmark is there despite it saying out of stock below it.

ShaneB

ismaboof said:
My UC3 is out of stock. I thought the point of a preorder was to make sure I get the game.

I posted about it a while ago too. It's quite baffling. I mean, the Seinfeld bit about not holding a reservation just seemed so ridiculous.

ismaboof

And here's Futureshop!

Thank you for contacting Future Shop in regard to your pre order. Inventory has arrived late to the warehouse, orders for Uncharted 3 will ship at the earliest on Wednesday November 2, 2011. Pre-Order Codes will be sent by Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Great job guys!

btkadams

ismaboof said:
And here's Futureshop!

Great job guys!
fucking joke! if it's in futureshop stores, it should be at their warehouse. i don't get how it wouldn't be at the warehouses first.

edit: i'm not really that upset though haha. i have a busy week anyways.

snorggy

Apparently their warehouse is the one place in the entire North American continent that didn't get their shipment on time?

edit: just got DLC code email... can shipment notice be far behind?

frequency

FutureShop/BestBuy consistently don't get things or get things way later than every other retailer in the country. At least for niche games. There are several really niche games I ordered (because of deals) that they say they haven't gotten yet, while literally everyone else in Canada got weeks before.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for example. They got it 3 weeks later. It's painful seeing it available everywhere else and then being told that one of the bigger chains in the country apparently couldn't get copies on time.

It happens with big games sometimes too. When I ordered Batman Arkham Asylum 2 years ago (was it 2 years ago?) when it released for $39.99, they didn't ship my copy until a month later.

btkadams

DevelopmentArrested said:
Dont really understand why you guys keep pre-ordering from FS and Amazon.ca expecting quick deliveries, get burned and then are shocked when it happens.
well, i got ratchet all 4 one on launch day 2 weeks ago, so they don't always burn you.

and, i also bought uncharted 3 for 40 bucks by ordering through them in june, so it is still completely worth it.

snorggy said:
Apparently their warehouse is the one place in the entire North American continent that didn't get their shipment on time?

i tweeted to them asking what was up with the shipments and they said it should get shipped today, and tomorrow at the very latest, so maybe! i also just got the dlc code email.

krae_man

snorggy said:

I got the DLC email as well and my game has already arrived.

Edit: and now I got the DLC email again. This time in French!

btkadams

i think i'm going to get goldeneye reloaded (ps3), but you just KNOW it's going to bomb in sales. hopefully there are some deals on it over the next month!

Lothars

Dont really understand why you guys keep pre-ordering from FS and Amazon.ca expecting quick deliveries, get burned and then are shocked when it happens.
It's because I got dues ex on release date and I also got RAGE on release date, Uncharted is the unusual one.

I suspect I will get Skyrim and assassin's creed shipped out on the monday as well.

iLLmAtlc

Guys I just did some browsing over at the official Futureshop forums and this is the word from one of the head office guys:

Hi everyone, just want to give a quick update. The web has received all the orders now for Uncharted 3 and will be shipping out later today/tomorrow latest for ALL customers.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this, we are working on getting these out to everyone right away!

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/S...P-Go/OOS-on-pre-orders-uncharted-3/m-p/323058

If he is to be believed, the shipping notices are incoming.

Firestorm

Shadow of the Collossus / Ico and Batman got here Day 1. And it's not a HUGE deal as I think the inconvenience of walking into a store and then returning the second copy later is worth $20 / 33% savings.

At Walmart today and there was a massive, massive bin of games for sale under $20. All platforms.

Of note...

Monster Hunter 3 (Wii) $19.85 (makes me sad)

Lego Harry Potter (All platforms) $14.85

...and tonnes more. I forgot and should have taken a pic with my phone. : /

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Eh, MH3 with the controller was 20 a couple months ago. Honestly, the game is a missed opportunity and I won't be surprised if the 3DS version gets a similar dumpster fate in the US.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Lyphen said:
Eh, MH3 with the controller was 20 a couple months ago. Honestly, the game is a missed opportunity and I won't be surprised if the 3DS version gets a similar dumpster fate in the US.

It's the best selling Monster Hunter title ever in North America, so I'm not sure why it's a failure. Capcom even expressed satisfaction with its sales numbers outside of Japan.

Anything that is not a 1st party Nintendo title will eventually end up in the bargain bin 18 months after its launch.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Purolator just rang my bell with Uncharted 3. The guy saved my order for his last because I'm so close to them. This is the first time I've gotten an online pre-order on release day from BB/FS. I usually get them on Wednesday/Thursday.

Leeness

Got my preorder DLC but no shipping haha. Popped into a store, bought it, will return other copy later. The clerk and I were laughing because he was all "wow online, out of stock really? We have like 200 copies here" haha.

frequency

This is kind of off topic, but I don't know where else I can ask.

Has anyone had to deal with ASUS RMA? I had to send in a faulty monitor and they finally have it ready to ship out. I was sent an automated e-mail with a "packing list". They got my name wrong which isn't a big deal. But they got my country wrong...

The address is correct, but they have my country listed as US instead of Canada. It says to let them know ASAP if there's an error but there's no contact information. Replying to the e-mail just got me an undeliverable error thingy. I called their support number, but it's just some call centre and the person who answered had no idea how to help me.

What can I do about this? Has anyone dealt with ASUS Canada? How do I contact their Cochrane repair centre thingy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom