• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:
At Walmart today and there was a massive, massive bin of games for sale under $20. All platforms.

Of note...

Monster Hunter 3 (Wii) $19.85 (makes me sad)

Lego Harry Potter (All platforms) $14.85

...and tonnes more. I forgot and should have taken a pic with my phone. : /
Lyphen said:
Eh, MH3 with the controller was 20 a couple months ago. Honestly, the game is a missed opportunity and I won't be surprised if the 3DS version gets a similar dumpster fate in the US.

Best Buy still has the MH3 bundle for $19.99 actually. I thought the deal was dead, but apparently it's still alive. The product webpage is down (google cache) but it's still in stores.

There were 5 copies left today at the Kitchener location, across from Fairview Park mall. KWGAF, if you own a Wii but don't have MH3, go buy this right away. And for an even better deal, price-match at Future Shop. Both stores in the area have the MH3 bundle in stock for $39.99. Get the sales rep to phone the local Best Buy, since their product webpage is gone.

GO61Y.jpg

RS4-

Lol I didn't realize I posted in the old Canadian thread.

I'll try and grab Monster Hunter from BB

edit - lone prodigy, when does that BB stuff start? Thursday?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh fuck yes, points sales!

They should all start Friday. I'm too tired to do the math - what is better, the Walmart deal or the Best Buy deal?
Ah, never mind, they're both 10 dollars off either way. Still, better than nothing!

RS4-

firehawk12 said:

They should all start Friday. I'm too tired to do the math - what is better, the Walmart deal or the Best Buy deal?

BB, by just a bit I think

krae_man

firehawk12 said:

Ah, never mind, they're both 10 dollars off either way. Still, better than nothing!

Yeah but the Walmart one is $10 off a smaller number of points so it's better.

krae_man

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, you spend 20 dollars less. But I'm going to stock up anyway, since points almost never go on sale.

Buy more then 2 from walmart.

Full math:

$50/4200=1.19 cents/point
$30/2800=1.07 cents/point

The walmart one is about $1.70 cheaper per 1400 point card.

RS4-

krae_man said:
Buy more then 2 from walmart.

Full math:

$50/4200=1.19 cents/point
$30/2800=1.07 cents/point

The walmart one is about $1.70 cheaper per 1400 point card.

lol thanks for that, I don't know what I was using to get the values for the WM stuff. I think I need sleep.

LakeEarth

Kinda close to Christmas so probably not, but any good 360 console deals? Mine red-ringed and I kinda want to get the newer generation 360s with the red-ring problem ... ahem, "fixed".

DoctorWho said:
Waiting for my FS copy of UC3 so I can return it to Wal-Mart later today. Where are you purolator?

:/

Yeah, seriously, I cancelled my copies of Uncharted 3 and Skyrim that were part of the E3 deal back in June.

They were always using Purolator and since FS did business with a distributor that wouldn't allow package to be transferred to somewhere closer to my house, I had to find a way to get a friend to drive me there.

So with a 20$ discount, it cost me 5$ for gaz, plus I got it late (Purolator doesn't leave package slips if they can't access your mailbox), so I'm not ordering from FS/Best Buy anymore. :/

SketchTheArtist said:
Yeah, seriously, I cancelled my copies of Uncharted 3 and Skyrim that were part of the E3 deal back in June.

They were always using Purolator and since FS did business with a distributor that wouldn't allow package to be transferred to somewhere closer to my house, I had to find a way to get a friend to drive me there.

So with a 20$ discount, it cost me 5$ for gaz, plus I got it late (Purolator doesn't leave package slips if they can't access your mailbox), so I'm not ordering from FS/Best Buy anymore. :/

Yeah, I'm not doing the FS orders again. Too much hassle to receive my packages and they use the pain-in-the-ass Purolator.

Lourio

Anyone come across any deals for Logitech steering wheels, specifically the G27? I'm DYING to get one for GT5, fed up of driving using the DS3.

maxcer0081 said:
wow, Uncharted3 is still out of stock for my FS order. at this rate I'll get skyrim before U3 ships. smh

Just buy it in store. Just returned the copy I received today from FS to Wal-Mart where I bought my copy yesterday.

Easy.

DoctorWho said:
Just buy it in store. Just returned the copy I received today from FS to Wal-Mart where I bought my copy yesterday.

Easy.

Do FS and Wal-Mart do cash refunds if you pay in cash? I know some stores only refund to a debit card.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DoctorWho said:
Yeah, I'm not doing the FS orders again. Too much hassle to receive my packages and they use the pain-in-the-ass Purolator.
They are back to Canada Post. I believe they have some really antiquated fulfillment order system that assigns a courier and no one at the company is smart enough to change the shipping method after the fact.

You would think they are losing money with all these shipments since all the E3 orders are split orders, so someone should be fired. But oh well.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Anyone know where I can preorder the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition for PS3? Both the EBGames in Sudbury don't even have the SKU and it's not on the GameStop website. Wtf?

Popstar

I just noticed the Robson HMV (Vancouver) is having a big sale. Lots of stuff an additional 10% - 50% off the lowest marked price.

Castelvania: Judgement can be yours for only $7!

TheExodu5

Banned
Liquidus said:
Anyone know where I can preorder the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Limited Edition for PS3? Both the EBGames in Sudbury don't even have the SKU and it's not on the GameStop website. Wtf?

I pre-ordered the LE at me EB in Ottawa. =\

Firestorm

Lone_Prodigy said:
RCSS - 1400 XBL points card $9.99 and 2800 $19.99. Starts Friday.
Yeah, don't think I'm gonna wait on this. I'll just buy from Best Buy and price protect to be on the safe side I think... Won't open 'til I have to.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ismaboof said:
Has anyone's Uncharted 3 shipped today?
Yeah, I got mine.

Kifimbo said:
Will Futureshop/BB pricematch point cards ?
They should... really don't want to make the trip to Walmart since it's so far away for me.

Lone_Prodigy said:
Oh fuuuuck. You guys are so lucky. :(

Cudder

They attempted to deliver U3 to mu house but no one was home. PLEASE TELL ME PUROLATOR LEAVES THE PACKAGE BY THE DOOR.

DJ_Lae

Lone_Prodigy said:

Goddamn it, the closest one is just far enough away to be annoying to drive to.

Guess I'll see if Walmart will price match Friday morning, or I'll just buy them at their price, which is cheap enough to make me happy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey, if someone wants to be a Canada-bro and pick up some extra cards for me, I'll gladly paypal you and throw in a bonus for helping me out!

PalaceBrother said:
Do FS and Wal-Mart do cash refunds if you pay in cash? I know some stores only refund to a debit card.

I believe Wal-Mart refunds to whatever you paid with. I assume Future Shop does the same.

Neki

Firestorm said:
Yeah, don't think I'm gonna wait on this. I'll just buy from Best Buy and price protect to be on the safe side I think... Won't open 'til I have to.
so you're just going to go to best buy with the superstore ad and show them their ad, and they'll refund the difference, never price-matched before. :O

any deals on Skyrim pc? or should i just get it on steam for 59.99 with no bonuses, i feel so dirty paying 60 dollars for a pc game, but I will do it for Skyrim.

snack

arts&crafts said:
any deals on Skyrim pc? or should i just get it on steam for 59.99 with no bonuses, i feel so dirty paying 60 dollars for a pc game, but I will do it for Skyrim.
It's certainly a nominee for GOTY so I'd say why not! Well worth the money.

Firestorm

Ultimoo said:
so you're just going to go to best buy with the superstore ad and show them their ad, and they'll refund the difference, never price-matched before. :O
I bought the cards now and won't scratch them off or use them. On Friday I will go with the Superstore ad and ask for a price protection. If they deny it, I'll just return the cards.
PalaceBrother said:
Yes.

snack said:
It's certainly a nominee for GOTY so I'd say why not! Well worth the money.

This is true, this is true. I will just wait until the night before to buy it on steam incase of a magical Greenman deal

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cudder said:
They attempted to deliver U3 to mu house but no one was home. PLEASE TELL ME PUROLATOR LEAVES THE PACKAGE BY THE DOOR.
Not unless you had previously signed a waiver and left a barcode sticker at your front door. Anyone who doesn't live very close to a Purolator (I'm less than 5 minutes from one) and has a safe enough place for them to leave something should really go in and sign one. I wish I could remember the exact name of what that service is but I'm blanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom