• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorggy

Not that I'm in a huge rush to get it since I'm kind of busy, but my U3 still hasn't shipped from futureshop... "pre-order" lol

also re: RCSS point sale.. do they generally run out of stock pretty quickly or should i be okay waltzing in there after work?

Leeness

Future Shop still hasn't shipped my U3. Haha. ~playing my in-store-copy~

Waiting on my refund for SOTC. I'd better get it! How many days should you usually wait to see it show on your online billing for a credit card?

Conceptor

Any brands of router/modem combos that you guys prefer/vouch for? This 2Wire pos I have atm continues to hijack my browser and lose connection every couple of minutes. Driving me insane.

So I just phoned up Futureshop to ask why they hadn't bothered to ship my U3 yet, and was told that they were on probably on backorder and they would ship them all out by Tuesday at the latest.

Seriously wtf, how useless are you Futureshop? There are hundreds of copies sitting on store shelves and yet you're unable to fulfill the pre-orders that were made months ago? Remind me why I should shop with you ever again?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Shalashaska161 said:
So I just phoned up Futureshop to ask why they hadn't bothered to ship my U3 yet, and was told that they were on probably on backorder and they would ship them all out by Tuesday at the latest.

Seriously wtf, how useless are you Futureshop? There are hundreds of copies sitting on store shelves and yet you're unable to fulfill the pre-orders that were made months ago? Remind me why I should shop with you ever again?

They have no clue when they'll ship them all out. Just trying to appease the angry customers.

They shipped mine Monday. I still don't have it. They didn't give me a tracking number, so I called them to ask for myntracking number.

They tell me it's in a warehouse in ottawa. So I ask them for the tracking number again.

They told me its in the email I got for shipment noticed. It's not there, says I. They said to look again and that they can't give me the tracking number.

Argh.

snorggy

Shalashaska161 said:

they're actually withholding copies hoping the e3 pre-orderers will cancel out of frustration or impatience. Then they'd save a boatload of cash. </tinfoilhat>

ShaneB

snorggy said:
also re: RCSS point sale.. do they generally run out of stock pretty quickly or should i be okay waltzing in there after work?

They'll be cleaned out asap. It's why it makes more sense to just worry about price matching somewhere else.

I got my uncharted 3 that I preordered from future shop during the e3 deal. This is the 2nd game that arrives the day after release (first being gears 3)
I'm in Montreal, maybe the locations makes a big difference?

ismaboof

If I cancel my whole order (5 games) with Futureshop, will they charge me the additional $20 for the BF3 I already received?

shira

Fuzzy said:
Not unless you had previously signed a waiver and left a barcode sticker at your front door. Anyone who doesn't live very close to a Purolator (I'm less than 5 minutes from one) and has a safe enough place for them to leave something should really go in and sign one. I wish I could remember the exact name of what that service is but I'm blanking.
Can you elaborate. I would love to be able to do this. Can you give a few website links. I hate taking an hour bus to pick it up.

would it be possible to pick up a copy at the store then and return your unopened copy (that comes in the mail) at the same store with a receipt?

Or do they detect that with the SKU or some shit (lol clearly I don't know much about this)

I'm in Vancouver (it's a small city on the west coast, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it), and my E3 preorder of Uncharted 3 is still, apparently, Out of Stock. I have half a mind to go down to my local Futureshop and check and see if they have a spare copy, but I'm pretty sure that would be a fools errand since they must be entirely out of stock if they aren't able to honor preorders that were made 5 months ago.

Firestorm

Discotheque said:
would it be possible to pick up a copy at the store then and return your unopened copy (that comes in the mail) at the same store with a receipt?

Or do they detect that with the SKU or some shit (lol clearly I don't know much about this)
It's the same SKU. Yes you can do that. It's precisely what I'm doing. I am not waiting extra days for Uncharted because Future Shop - a goddamn electronics company - can't figure out how to handle internet shopping. The Robson store had a crapton 5 steps into the store from the entrance. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Anony

Kazerei said:
Best Buy still has the MH3 bundle for $19.99 actually. I thought the deal was dead, but apparently it's still alive. The product webpage is down (google cache) but it's still in stores.

There were 5 copies left today at the Kitchener location, across from Fairview Park mall. KWGAF, if you own a Wii but don't have MH3, go buy this right away. And for an even better deal, price-match at Future Shop. Both stores in the area have the MH3 bundle in stock for $39.99. Get the sales rep to phone the local Best Buy, since their product webpage is gone.

GO61Y.jpg
picked one up at the same location
also preordered skyward sword

how's the preorders at bestbuy? can i expect to go there on the 20th and pick it up?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
shira said:
Can you elaborate. I would love to be able to do this. Can you give a few website links. I hate taking an hour bus to pick it up.
You fill out one of the following forms and take it in to a Purolator depot and they'll give you a sticker to place on your door. All future orders will be left without the need for a signature. I wouldn't do it if you think your delivery might be stolen though since you'll be shit out of luck.

http://www.purolator.com/pdf/SNR_multiple.pdf

Mike Works said:
I'm in Vancouver (it's a small city on the west coast, I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it), and my E3 preorder of Uncharted 3 is still, apparently, Out of Stock. I have half a mind to go down to my local Futureshop and check and see if they have a spare copy, but I'm pretty sure that would be a fools errand since they must be entirely out of stock if they aren't able to honor preorders that were made 5 months ago.
Never heard of it... Is it close to the metropolis of tsawwassen?

Mike Works said:

im out in the valley and my order is still out of stock too. just look at THIS and tell me it doesn't piss you off. all 19 locations have the game in stock, yet the Richmond distribution warehouse is out of stock.

If I cancel my whole order (5 games) with Futureshop, will they charge me the additional $20 for the BF3 I already received?

I would also like to know this. I made the mistake of picking Twisted Metal as one of my games during the E3 sale. Other than canceling the game, what does gamestop give people for unopened $60 games?

Lothars

maxcer0081 said:
im out in the valley and my order is still out of stock too. just look at THIS and tell me it doesn't piss you off. all 19 locations have the game in stock, yet the Richmond distribution warehouse is out of stock.
I'm in saskatchewan and there is tons of copies all around except on futureshop.ca and my out of stock order.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
maxcer0081 said:
I would also like to know this. I made the mistake of picking Twisted Metal as one of my games during the E3 sale. Other than canceling the game, what does gamestop give people for unopened $60 games?
EB will probably make you open it... and they probably will only give you 30-40 dollars.

Conceptor said:
Any brands of router/modem combos that you guys prefer/vouch for? This 2Wire pos I have atm continues to hijack my browser and lose connection every couple of minutes. Driving me insane.

I'm using the Netgear WNDR3200, because you can install custom firmware on it. I think the normal firmware is a bit hokey, and cuts out as well, but since the installation of OpenWRT, it hasn't cut out even once.

Try rebooting your router, try updating the firmware, and if that still doesn't work, try flashing it with custom firmware (if it supports it). wddrt mini is a good one for underpowered routers (if it supports your router).

ismaboof

btkadams said:
someone at futureshop is obviously hoarding all of our copies of uncharted 3.
I was really looking forward to playing it on Sunday. That won't be happening.

Is there any chance Futureshop will pony up for one-day delivery because of the delay?

btkadams

ismaboof said:

Is there any chance Futureshop will pony up for one-day delivery because of the delay?
what's weird is a couple weeks ago my ratchet game shipped in the evening before release day and came in the mail on release day. i didn't pay extra for shipping but they just did that for some reason. i say it's possible but i wouldn't count on it.

ismaboof

btkadams said:
what's weird is a couple weeks ago my ratchet game shipped in the evening before release day and came in the mail on release day. i didn't pay extra for shipping but they just did that for some reason. i say it's possible but i wouldn't count on it.
Are you Eastern/Central Canada? I'm in Edmonton so shipping from Ontario takes 2-3 days through Purolator.

btkadams

ismaboof said:
Are you Eastern/Central Canada? I'm in Edmonton so shipping from Ontario takes 2-3 days through Purolator.
Calgary. That's why it was so bizarre. It's normally 2-3 days for me as well.

Lothars

So I sent another email to Futureshop regarding Uncharted 3, it said now that it will be shipped out by November 8th at the latest.

I am so pissed about this situation even though I don't have time to play it right now.

They better not mess up Skyrim and Assassin's Creed.

Firestorm

ismaboof said:

Buy it in a store. Return online copy.

Takuan

AlphaTwo00 said:
Was just at a Best Buy in Toronto. Yes, it's still on sale.
Can you confirm which Best Buy? I'm Downtown right now, and if it's the Dundas location I might as well swing by after work.

Picked up mh3 bundle at eaton's center. thanks for the heads up. Gonna pick up the wii in a little bit.

btkadams

Lothars said:
So I sent another email to Futureshop regarding Uncharted 3, it said now that it will be shipped out by November 8th at the latest.

I am so pissed about this situation even though I don't have time to play it right now.

They better not mess up Skyrim and Assassin's Creed.
k, i'm gonna go buy it from the store today then. fuck that bs.

To: Future Shop

"Hi, I was just wondering why my pre-order for Uncharted 3- a pre-order that I made over 5 months ago- has not been fulfilled because Uncharted 3 is "Out of Stock", yet I can walk into any Futureshop (or Best Buy or GameStop) right now and pick up a copy of the game right off the shelf? Is there a reason as to why your stores and walk-in customers are given priority to people like me who've committed to a purchase?"

To: Mike Works

"Inventory has arrived late to the warehouse, orders for Uncharted 3 will ship at the earliest (possibly a bit later) on Wednesday November 2, 2011."

tumblr_lgbilzDkVB1qf8yek.gif

(still Out of Stock)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This fiasco over E3 pre orders makes me a little scared about my upcoming Halo Anniversary delivery. Luckily though, I pre-ordered Skyrim in-store at an EBGames, so any wait due to stupid warehouse or clerical errors on FS' part will be slightly less frustrating.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just grabbed an external blu-ray reader / dvd writer from NCIX for 79.99 plus tax and shipping. I need the internal drive bay for another hard drive for my machine, and I wanted to get started ripping my blus. I figure $79 is a pretty good deal. I saw a Panasonic external on Amazon for about $5 less but it looked pretty sketchy.

Takao

Banned
Wal-Mart points deal is all month long.

The amount of PSN money I'll have will be insane. I'll have enough to buy digital Vita games for
(knowing me) not
a very long time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I'm stocking up on some PSN money for Vita and PSP games. It's all month long though? Much less of a time crunch at least.

Oh, anyone see where PSN cards are listed in the Ontario flyer?

Takao

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Yeah, I'm stocking up on some PSN money for Vita and PSP games. It's all month long though? Much less of a time crunch at least.

Oh, anyone see where PSN cards are listed in the Ontario flyer?

It's on the first page.

schlew

Has anyone seen copies of DC Universe Online for PS3 at Walmart? I swore someone said it was going for 99c there. I'd really like to pick it up, but I'm not sure if I have to go digging in their clearance bins or something. I'm in the Durham Region area, so if anyone's caught it, let me know.

Uncharted3 is finally "InStock" on my order list. still no info about it being shipped though. It's been apparent for months now that FS doesn't know how to handle pre-orders.

The FS forums are almost as bad as the CSR. Quite a few other people have complained about this and all that happens is locked threads and a finger pointing them to a phone number.

Dunlop

schlew said:
Has anyone seen copies of DC Universe Online for PS3 at Walmart? I swore someone said it was going for 99c there. I'd really like to pick it up, but I'm not sure if I have to go digging in their clearance bins or something. I'm in the Durham Region area, so if anyone's caught it, let me know.

The game is free now and if I understand correctly getting the game will give you a premium account?

Just spend $5 one time in the game and you will get that anyways

Mikey Jr.

Dunlop said:
The game is free now and if I understand correctly getting the game will give you a premium account?

Just spend $5 one time in the game and you will get that anyways

I would spend 99 cents on a disc if that means I didn't have to download 17gb which is a tall order on our shit fuck internets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom