• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

Shalashaska161 said:
Got quite a haul today, picked up a silver Xbox controller, $40 worth of PSN points, 3x2800 and 2x1400 Xbox points. The 1400 points are kind of a mistake since I didn't realize that the Superstore deal existed and when I tried to return them Wal-Mart wouldn't let me. Oh well I'm sure I'll find someone around here to take em off my hands.

So were your PSN cards discounted? Seems some people are picking them up, but the deal seemingly doesn't start until the 8th, and people here & elsewhere have posted as much (about trying to buy today, but realizing they're still reg. price).

soultron

Banned
Shalashaska161 said:
Got quite a haul today, picked up a silver Xbox controller, $40 worth of PSN points, 3x2800 and 2x1400 Xbox points. The 1400 points are kind of a mistake since I didn't realize that the Superstore deal existed and when I tried to return them Wal-Mart wouldn't let me. Oh well I'm sure I'll find someone around here to take em off my hands.
I'd take the 1400pt card if you still have it. I don't know what you'd like in return though.

Been meaning to grab Deus Ex: The Missing Link. c:

SickBoy said:
So were your PSN cards discounted? Seems some people are picking them up, but the deal seemingly doesn't start until the 8th, and people here & elsewhere have posted as much (about trying to buy today, but realizing they're still reg. price).
The PSN cards were discounted but that was only because the dude called a manager over and he eventually ended up overriding it. The computer itself didn't discount the cards at all.

IllumiNate

Thanks Canagaf, went to my local SS and purchased 10x 1400 points cards and a 2800 points card for $120 oh and will we be able to use our points to purchase CoD Elite?

While we are doing good deals, is there any place other than futureshop to order the 300 dollar pre-order vita combo? I want to avoid futureshop at all costs right now. Amazon doesnt show it, why god why T_T

Greyvvolf

I checked RCSS and they were all out of Microsoft Points. I took an ad and price matched at Walmart; the woman didn't even have to see the ad to know what I was going to get her to price match. She had a lot of people come in and do the same thing as me today.

I ended up getting two 2800 Microsoft Point cards for $40. If you can't find any Microsoft Points at RCSS then try price matching at Walmart.

big_z

Mayyhem said:
Do they price match only if the RCSS they call has points cards in stock?

walmart doesnt call. i took the online ad in on my ipod and they did the price match no problem. bought eight 1400 points cards since they were cleared out of 2800 cards. i left about 10 cards on the shelf. was contemplating buying them all and selling some but there's not enough profit in it to be worth the time imo. im happy though, my account is set for a year or two at least.

i would check stores asap if you're interested in snagging a few. these cards rarely go this cheap and stock seems sparse already.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Firestorm said:
Anyone hear anything about a Zelda midnight launch because that would be awesome...

Asked about it at a couple of local mom 'n pop shops in Toronto, but they all laugh off the notion of a Wii title having a midnight launch. I haven't bothered asking Gamestop.

daevv

Since the stores are closed on the 11th in Canada I was wondering how I was gonna get Skyrim on that day? Any know what EB Games is doing?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
daevv said:
Since the stores are closed on the 11th in Canada I was wondering how I was gonna get Skyrim on that day? Any know what EB Games is doing?
I'm in Ontario so I'm used to everything (except government services) being open on 11/11. It's not a real holiday here.

Razorskin

----- ------
Fuzzy said:
I'm in Ontario so I'm used to everything (except government services) being open on 11/11. It's not a real holiday here.

Yeah I was wondering why stores would be closed on remembrance day since they never are.

But then I searched and found out it's a public holiday in Canada except in Quebec and Ontario.

What a relief, Skyrim is mine.

daevv

I'm pretty sure everything is closed here in Newfoundland for Remembrance Day. Malls, grocery stores, even Walmart!!

Edit: Da'wife says everything is closed for stat holiday. I'll call EB today and see what the deal is.

WEGGLES

Razorskin said:
Yeah I was wondering why stores would be closed on remembrance day since they never are.

But then I searched and found out it's a public holiday in Canada except in Quebec and Ontario.

I'm in Ontario, but I pre-ordered online from futureshit. I guess I'll be playing somewhere around the 30th... of december.... 2014.

ShaneB

For those in the GTA... still lots of MS points cards at the Walmart I went to today, price matched the RCSS sale price and got 5 cards for 49.95. Excellent!

Quote to see the location. If worse comes to worse, maybe I'll check there tomorrow again for more and just sell the codes to whoever wants them for 10 bucks.

Firestorm

Razorskin said:

Don't worry you guys get Family Day off instead.

Also, in BC most stores are open on all holidays aside from Christmas and New Years. Just with Sunday hours. Ontario having everything shut down on holidays is annoying...

firehawk12 said:
Assuming release date delivery happens anyway.

Well yeah, but it would have shipped from somewhere else on thursday or earlier, at least if it gets to the depot nearest to you, they will be able to deliver it on friday!

...who knows though, im still waiting for Uncharted. BF3 was 2 days late, Dance Central 2 was right on time, and gears of war was right on time too, I think anyway! My memory on GoW3 is a little fuzzy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
EBGames having midnight releases for Skyrim (Ottawa). So glad I've got Friday off for adventure and magic.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
radiantdreamer said:
Wait, what??!
Regular price is $20 and the sale last night (and again tonight) was for 75% off making ME2 $5. Really good deal if you were ordering something else with it in order to get free shipping. Too bad it's out of stock.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DJ_Lae said:
I've never had Amazon ship a game prior to release, so even if you go express you won't get it for a day or two after, depending on where you are in the country. Might as well save the cash and go with free shipping

I find it easier to go Future Shop as they (usually) ship the game out from Vancouver.
Anth0ny said:
I don't know if it's the same for games, but I got Lion King on Blu Ray on release date from Amazon. Free shipping.

I think it might be because I'm close to their factory. They're in Mississauga, I think.
I'm a ton of pages late but I just wanna say thanks for these replies. Pre-ordered UMvC3+UMvC3 guide w/free shipping. Says it will ship Nov 18th, and is scheduled to arrive between the 22nd and 23rd, but I hope that's a conservative estimate, considering I'm based in the GTA too. Guide doesn't really have a real release date as far as I can tell, but in the US it's on the game's launch day, the 15th.

NYR

Wow, Future Shop stepped up on its Uncharted 3 shipping diabolical and admitted there was a problem. They just sent out $10 promo codes.

Thank you for pre-ordering Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PlayStation 3). Due to inventory arriving late at our facilities, the shipment of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PlayStation 3) will be delayed until early next week.

We apologize for any inconvenience and as a token of our appreciation for being a loyal Future Shop customer; we are providing you with a $10 electronic promo code that is valid on any future video game purchase online (minimum price of $29.99).

I'll take it. At least they admitted their mistake, stated the reason, and did something about it.

NYR said:
Wow, Future Shop stepped up on its Uncharted 3 shipping diabolical and admitted there was a problem. They just sent out $10 promo codes.

Thank you for pre-ordering Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PlayStation 3). Due to inventory arriving late at our facilities, the shipment of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PlayStation 3) will be delayed until early next week.

We apologize for any inconvenience and as a token of our appreciation for being a loyal Future Shop customer; we are providing you with a $10 electronic promo code that is valid on any future video game purchase online (minimum price of $29.99).

I'll take it. At least they admitted their mistake, stated the reason, and did something about it.

Yeah, I got that too. The same thing happened when BestBuy was late shipping me Ocarina of Time. Too bad there's nothing at the moment that I want to buy (already preordered everything I wanted thus far).

Oxymoron

I only saw the Futureshop clearance sale at 9:50 this morning. Got it in the nick of time - Monster Hunter Tri Classic Controller bundle for 20$, Bioshock 2 for 10$.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
NYR said:

Man... I didn't even play mine. I would have loved a free ten dollar card!

Oxymoron said:
Futureshop was running a clearance sale with a bunch of games at half price until 10AM this morning. I would have expected to have seen it posted here, but it wasn't, and I only saw it at ~9:50. Picked up Monster Hunter Tri Bundle for 20$ and Bioshock 2 for 10$.
Hah, didn't seem worth mentioning I guess. People at RFD were talking about hoarding Mass Effect 2 and flipping it though.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was able to get a Midnight Blue DSi XL at an EB in Winnipeg on Saturday. I didn't have any DS games with me but holy shit those screens are awesome. This has definitely encouraged me to go buy some of the awesome DS games I don't have yet.

TheExodu5

Banned
Lyphen said:
EBGames having midnight releases for Skyrim (Ottawa). So glad I've got Friday off for adventure and magic.
You work for the federal government? I've got Friday off too (work for the CRA in Ottawa).

my FS uncharted3 order should be hitting my doorstep sometime today. Are those $10 promo cards in the package or did they send them via e-mail?

snorggy

got the $10 gift in my email too... a nice bonus considering I haven't had the time to play the game even if i got it on time.

IllumiNate

Go check out gamestop.ca for some crazy deals right now! Buy an Uncharted 3 bundle and get MW3,Skyrim,Batman,or Battlefield 3 for free.

Anth0ny said:
I wonder if EB will let me pick up a MGS HD Collection LE at the Modern Warfare 3 midnight launch tomorrow night...?
The Pacific Centre location called me over the weekend and they told me that I could pick mine up at midnight launch, though this may be on a store by store basis.

Picked up the Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle at RCSS, got a rain check for UC 1 + 2 dual pack since they were out.

Considered the other bundles (e.g. gamestop one), but wanted the whole UC series instead. Very pleased so far.

Stumpokapow said:
Original source:
http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/26/koodo-launching-new-data-flex-plan-november-21st/

On RFD it was linked in the most current Virgin Mobile thread, I'm on a mobile device right now so I'm not gonna dig it out.
Fuck yeah! I have been debating the data saver vs. 2gb for $25 option. I am definitely going to switch to data saver after this is in effect.

I just received notice that FS has shipped my copy of MW3. Having received the notification, is there any chance I'm actually going to get it this week?

PalaceBrother said:
I just received notice that FS has shipped my copy of MW3. Having received the notification, is there any chance I'm actually going to get it this week?

I usually receive it the next day when I get a notice of shipment.

Hanzou

Besides the big ass box CE there is only the one version of Uncharted 3 correct? I ask as I will be receiving my preorder of U3 today from FS and I still have a preorder at an EB on the otherside of town I need to pick up that only cost me $10. There should be no problems playing this FS copy and when I pick up my EB copy, return it to FS, correct? Obviously if the bar codes are the same it should be fine, just want to make sure there are no strange retail store unique copies out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom