• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

PalaceBrother said:
I just received notice that FS has shipped my copy of MW3. Having received the notification, is there any chance I'm actually going to get it this week?
You will definitely get it this week. It takes 1-3 days for me to get stuff from fs in Ontario and I live in Calgary.

MercuryLS

Banned
FS has been great, I got Uncharted 3 on launch day and just got a notification that MW3 has shipped. It probably helps that I live very close to FS's ontario shipping site (i believe it' in Mississauga, I'm in Brampton).

Maximus

It's been really hit or miss with these E3 pre-orders, but both FS and BB seem to be doing a somewhat decent job at giving out some compensation for the delay. I ordered Batman from BB for $43, for some reason I got a $10 code because they did not charge me the correct price ($59.99?), then they sent me another $10 code for shipping it a week late. Other games I have gotten on release day or the day after. To be honest I’d rather them ship my games late and I get a $10 code as well :p.

I just saw that Uncharted 3 shipped, but I haven't heard anything from FS about a code for that being a week late. I did get some sort of DLC code from BB for pre-ordering the game from them, even though I cancelled that pre-order with them and went with the FS deal instead.

Anyways, with price matching and using my BB reward zone points I was able to grab 11200 (4x2800) MS points for around $12. Thanks for the heads up GAF :).

Maximus said:
...FS and BB seem to be doing a somewhat decent job at giving out some compensation for the delay.

A few months back FS incorrectly listed the Steelbook version of Mortal Kombat 9 for $9.99. They cancelled everybody's order, gave us a $20 off coupon and sent everybody the Steelbook for free.

They definitely handled that situation well.

Firestorm

Hanzou said:
Besides the big ass box CE there is only the one version of Uncharted 3 correct? I ask as I will be receiving my preorder of U3 today from FS and I still have a preorder at an EB on the otherside of town I need to pick up that only cost me $10. There should be no problems playing this FS copy and when I pick up my EB copy, return it to FS, correct? Obviously if the bar codes are the same it should be fine, just want to make sure there are no strange retail store unique copies out there.
Yeah just one version. Why not just cancel at EB and save yourself the trouble though? They'll just give you back your $10.

frequency

FS and BB will only handle situations with big things that a lot of people complain about.

They messed up several of my niche pre-orders made around the E3 period. And I got nothing but canned CSR responses out of it. I'm bitter and angry and think they're getting too much credit!

iLLmAtlc

Futureshop told me MW3 has been shipped. Usually means I'll be getting it the next day. I live in Vancouver btw.

But of course my brother's game gets release day shipping but my copy of Uncharted 3 takes a whole damn week to get here. >___>

Hanzou

Firestorm said:
Yeah just one version. Why not just cancel at EB and save yourself the trouble though? They'll just give you back your $10.

Well I used the "Trade 2 get $50" promotion for Uncharted so the game will only cost me $10 total at EB versus $40 at FS. If I were to keep the the FS copy of Uncharted, would EB let me apply my $50 credit to any other game such as Skyrim?

Firestorm

Hanzou said:
Well I used the "Trade 2 get $50" promotion for Uncharted so the game will only cost me $10 total at EB versus $40 at FS. If I were to keep the the FS copy of Uncharted, would EB let me apply my $50 credit to any other game such as Skyrim?
Ah, usually no although you can try (especially if Skyrim is also a T2+$10 gane).

Hanzou

Firestorm said:
Ah, usually no although you can try (especially if Skyrim is also a T2+$10 gane).

Looks like it should be as I see EB just exended there Trade 2 get $50 for any game util November 26. It was originally supposed to end on the 5th, guess they extended it.

lupinko

Are there any such discounts for Amazon.ca in the form of coupons or whatever?

This is actually for non-game related things.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Bruiserk said:
God damn that's so good. Coupled with 800 points per preorder I have moved over to buying exclusively from best buy.

EDIT: What increments of certificates do you guys have set? I have it set at $10 (800 points).
I use $20 because I'd rather maximize my savings per purchase. I often get more than just $20 though because BB automatically redeems all the points that they can whenever I reach $20. For example if one of my 800 RZ bonuses pushes me from 1500 to 2300 then BB redeems a $20 and a $5 (for a total of 2000 points).

lupinko said:
Are there any such discounts for Amazon.ca in the form of coupons or whatever?

This is actually for non-game related things.
I would like to know this also since the only thing I get to use on Amazon.ca are $5 giftcards from swagbucks.

Firestorm

Hm I should do that so I don't get $5 ones that expire I guess. I checked my reward zone account and it seems I have a $10 expiring at the end of the month and all of a sudden a $20 and $5 expiring in February :eek:

Quick said:
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but Gamestop/EB Games is having a PS Vita First Edition Bundle. You get a carrying case and the handheld itself a week early.

http://www.gamestop.ca/playstation-vita-first-edition-bundle-wi-fi-system/311802

They were calling preorder customers about this. The problem is, you pay $50 extra for:

-1 week early
-A case of unknown quality
-Little Deviants (game)
-4GB memory card

You're getting some "value" there, but unless you're convinced you want LD day 1, it's just a memory card you probably don't want, a game you might not want, and a case you might not want. Brilliant marketing idea, but I'll save $50 and get a more reasonable card size.

ameratsu

I bought Dark Souls last month at Future shop, and part of the deal I got was a $10 gift card and $10 off Skyrim. Since I won't be buying Skyrim, and the original receipt is required, I will mail my receipt to the first person who quotes this. Good for $10 off the X360 or PC version of Skyrim at any Futureshop location.

Canadians only, lol

Quick

Banned
ameratsu said:
I bought Dark Souls last month at Future shop, and part of the deal I got was a $10 gift card and $10 off Skyrim. Since I won't be buying Skyrim, and the original receipt is required, I will mail my receipt to the first person who quotes this. Good for $10 off the X360 or PC version of Skyrim at any Futureshop location.

Canadians only, lol

Hello!

EDIT: Not the PS3 version?

Riptwo

ameratsu said:

Canadians only, lol

I'm down for the PC version if the code's still around!

ameratsu

Quick said:
Hello!

EDIT: Not the PS3 version?

PM me your address and I'll send this out this week

edit: the receipt specially says "Xbox 360 and PC version", lists the SKUs, and does not mention the PS3 version.

Quick

Banned
ameratsu said:
PM me your address and I'll send this out this week

edit: the receipt specially says "Xbox 360 and PC version" and does not mention the PS3 version.

:(

I'll be a bro and pass it over to Riptwo, then. :)

UberTag

Crazymoogle said:
You're getting some "value" there, but unless you're convinced you want LD day 1, it's just a memory card you probably don't want, a game you might not want, and a case you might not want. Brilliant marketing idea, but I'll save $50 and get a more reasonable card size.
Ooooh... Crazymoogle is Canadian. I did not know this. Will need to ensure I outlast him in fantasy football for Canuck bragging rights.

Have Sony announced prices and availability on larger capacity Vita memory cards yet?
If the 8GB+ cards are absurdly priced and or not available right away I can see this offer being the best of both worlds. At least for short-term purchases.

Crazymoogle said:
They were calling preorder customers about this. The problem is, you pay $50 extra for:

-1 week early
-Little Deviants (game)
-4GB memory card

You make a good point, my friend...
So are you getting a Vita? I'm still tossing on it.

radiantdreamer said:
You make a good point, my friend...
So are you getting a Vita? I'm still tossing on it.

Stone cold lock once I saw there was a real Ridge Racer game coming. That being said, I'm only buying the Wifi model and will probably just end up buying the biggest memory card. 3G seems utterly pointless for this system and 4GB doesn't really fly when some games shipping will be that size...16GB+ seems mandatory if you want a PSP-Go like experience in terms of PlayStation store content.

Guesong

So is there any deal in Canada or on the Internet for Skyrim?

The only one I can think of is the IGN Prime thing, but I'm not seeing the 30 day free trial option anymore.

Crazymoogle said:

-1 week early
-Little Deviants (game)
-4GB memory card

Pretty much my though process.

Not that a 4GB memory card is useless since you can carry around more than one and just swap them out. But paying $50 for a memory card that small is a bit too pricey.

So my EBgames is sold out of the PS3 MGS HD LE, but they have an Xbox one left in stock. Is it worth it to go with the Xbox one even though I was planning on getting the PS3 one?

Luigi87

Lothars said:
Does anyone know how long futureshop holds instore pickup for?

If it's a couple days before I can get there.
Three days if I read this correctly

Future Shop said:
Once your order is placed and the items are reserved, you will receive the Store Pickup Notification email, usually three hours after making your order during store hours. (Please wait to receive the Store Pickup Notification Email as this confirms your store has reserved your item(s) and they are now ready to be picked up.) Within three days after the notification email has been received, visit the store you selected and pick up your product during store hours.

btkadams

what should i use my 10 dollar coupon for? i only game on a ds/ps3 and have bought pretty much all the big releases already.

i'm kind of thinking one of these:
• call of duty modern warfare 3
• sonic generations (this one becomes only 40)
• ssx

sonic generations seems worth it at 40, but at the same time i feel like i could find it for 40 somewhere in a month or two... so i guess it's between ssx and mw3. hmmmm...

Hanzou

btkadams said:
what should i use my 10 dollar coupon for? i only game on a ds/ps3 and have bought pretty much all the big releases already.

i'm kind of thinking one of these:
• call of duty modern warfare 3
• sonic generations (this one becomes only 40)
• ssx

sonic generations seems worth it at 40, but at the same time i feel like i could find it for 40 somewhere in a month or two... so i guess it's between ssx and mw3. hmmmm...

Get the new Layton for $20

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know if UPS is starting to use UPS Stores as pickup locations? I noticed a slip that said that someone could pick up their packages from a storefront and if that's true, I'm willing to start ordering from Amazon again.

suikodan

maxcer0081 said:
I just noticed I have a $10 RZ certificate at BB.ca Can I order MGS:collection($5off) and use the $10 cert when i go to pick up the game?

AFAIK, you cannot use RZ certificate (yet) for online purchases.

And about that Gamer's Club, I wonder... I have a VISA BB RZ where I already have 2X RZ points when buying stuff there, does the Gamer's club add another multiplier?

Damn it! I got a "shipment delayed" notification from purolator on my future shop e3 preorder on modern warfare 3. Hopefully gonna get it this week. Need to make sure my brother picks it up today in store!

Hyunkel6

chrisisawesome said:
Damn it! I got a "shipment delayed" notification from purolator on my future shop e3 preorder on modern warfare 3. Hopefully gonna get it this week. Need to make sure my brother picks it up today in store!
Why would you need two copies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom