• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
radiantdreamer said:
hahaha you've always been about teh ridgeracers. Yeah, you're right, I'm getting the Wifi one too. Are they using the same memory cards as the PSP Go? I bought a spare 32gb one when rogers was having their 50% off all things PSP.

New memory format.

DJ_Lae

Hamster0 said:
thats odd cuz i went to the walmart at dufferin mall in the morning, they only had the white ones. i had no problem getting the 2 for 30

Same. I bought four of them here in Victoria and had no issues.

Well, other than there being very few of the cards left at all. Two of the racks had already been emptied of them.

Firestorm

Fuzzy said:
You can pre-order games in-store. That doesn't answer whether or not RZ certificates can be used though.
I did not know you could pre-order in store... Do you get the $5 off for pre-ordering that they do online too?

Kunohara

My friend managed to snag Skyrim today. Just sent me a photo. Small mom and pop place in Toronto. The guy doesn't want people to know, so I can't say where he is located. He always breaks street dates apparently, heh.

I'm gonna play Assassin's Creed Revelations and Batman on PC first before getting it so I didn't bother getting it now. If I did, I would not even touch the other games, heh.

Anth0ny

Kunohara said:
My friend managed to snag Skyrim today. Just sent me a photo. Small mom and pop place in Toronto. The guy doesn't want people to know, so I can't say where he is located. He always breaks street dates apparently, heh.

Okay everyone. Lets begin the search.

I didn't think a mom and pop place that broke street dates existed in Toronto -_-

Anth0ny said:

I didn't think a mom and pop place that broke street dates existed in Toronto -_-

Is that Mom & Pop place on the Danforth still around? It was a block or two from the bottom of Woodycrest, and I'm pretty sure they broke street dates.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gamerama is the one mom n' pop store that frequently breaks street dates. Both Game Centre locations will almost never break dates, and I don't know about A&C Games. Definitely try Gamerama, although I don't care to give the place my business. :p

Kunohara

It's not downtown by the way, so don't bother looking there.

Also, my friend's co-worker knows the guy who works there, and that was how he was able to get a copy. If you go into the store, and ask the guy by yourself, he will not let you buy it early.

My friend has connections now, haha.

Smo21

Anth0ny said:

Ya there are only 2 places ive ever gotten a game early and they're in Mississauga. Neither are really mom and pops either.

isny

napkin dispenser
Lothars said:
I don't believe so, that's an online bonus.

Most of the bonus RZ points offers are available when you preorder in store. As you mention though Lothars, the $5.00 off, etc. coupons are usually online only.

Lothars

Valkendorm said:
Not billed and not shipped (FS). I seriously hope they won't screw up like with UC3 and ship it late.
I haven't been billed and it hasn't shipped for me either but I don't suspect mine will not ship till monday because I have Skyrim and Assassin's creed listed together even though it's the E3 deal.

If it doesn't ship that's not a big deal to me but it would be nice to get it sooner.

Lothars said:
I haven't been billed and it hasn't shipped for me either but I don't suspect mine will not ship till monday because I have Skyrim and Assassin's creed listed together even though it's the E3 deal.

If it doesn't ship that's not a big deal to me but it would be nice to get it sooner.

Some of that bundling seems to be random. For instance I have Skyward Sword and Old Republic bundled, which will be pretty stupid if it holds up. I'm holding a wait-and-see approach.

TheKurgan

No ship or billing email from Futureshop yet. But I don't expect it until this afternoon. Does Purolator deliver tomorrow, or are they off for the holiday?

radiantdreamer said:
Oh FFS, Sony. Over 3 decades and they haven't learned a thing.

It's not that surprising. They basically need to ensure the card has the same access speed as the game cards, or you're going to have weird performance problems when doing a PSN download versus buying at retail. It's definitely a step backwards in terms of presentation though; a lot of the trouble could have been solved through onboard memory instead.

Indrew

Neo Member
TheKurgan said:
No ship or billing email from Futureshop yet. But I don't expect it until this afternoon. Does Purolator deliver tomorrow, or are they off for the holiday?

I know they deliver in Ontario tomorrow. No info from FS here either.

TheKurgan said:

Purolator holiday schedule.looks like gaffers in Ontario and Quebec will get skyrim on friday.

I'm going to wait for Bethesda to fix the 360 texture/hdd issue before i dive into skyrim anyway. I also don't think I would get much done with a swtor weekend beta invite sitting in my inbox.

Lothars

firehawk12 said:
FS assigned tracking numbers for Skyrim, so it's probably coming tomorrow.
I haven't got a tracking number yet but they did split up shipments, So I would assume mine will get shipped out today as well.

Lothars

narcosis219 said:
MINE GOT PAIRED WITH ASS CREED. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm going to get this game a week later FUCK
Mine was paired with Assassin's Creed but they just split it up today, so It's possible it still might happen for you.

frequency

I got a shipping notice from FS about Skyrim. I've never had anything sent this early before. My last 2 purolator orders took 1 day to get here (they normally take 2-3). I would be so excited if I got this for Friday...

Great way to spend a long weekend.

Lothars

narcosis219 said:
MINE GOT PAIRED WITH ASS CREED. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm going to get this game a week later FUCK
to update you, this morning both skyrim and assassin's creed was paired together earlier today, Skyrim is showing it's being shipped today, so I think you should be fine and skyrim will be sent for you.

Pretty much a lock my copy of Skyrim will arrive tomorrow, at which point I have to then call and have it redirected to a depot. Yay for saturday hours...

snorggy

my copy of skyrim shipped... now to see if purolator will attempt delivery or if they will just dump it at the nearest depot like they did with U3

Lothars said:
to update you, this morning both skyrim and assassin's creed was paired together earlier today, Skyrim is showing it's being shipped today, so I think you should be fine and skyrim will be sent for you.

I just got the shipping notice. AWWWW YEEEEEEEEA

Claytron

Neo Member
Purolator where I live(BC) isn't open on Friday, so I'm doing the 'ol buy at midnight and return the preorder copy that I'll probably get on Monday.

TheKurgan

maxcer0081 said:
Purolator holiday schedule.looks like gaffers in Ontario and Quebec will get skyrim on friday.

I'm going to wait for Bethesda to fix the 360 texture/hdd issue before i dive into skyrim anyway. I also don't think I would get much done with a swtor weekend beta invite sitting in my inbox.

Thanks for the info. My order has shipped but since I live in Alberta I am out of luck for a Friday delivery. If I had tomorrow off work I would try the midnight/early morning route, but I don't so I will just have to pick up my MW3 preorder instead (didn't want to stand in line at EB Games on Tuesday). Should keep me busy until Monday.

Claytron said:
Purolator where I live(BC) isn't open on Friday, so I'm doing the 'ol buy at midnight and return the preorder copy that I'll probably get on Monday.
Is Futureshop selling the game at midnight? I'm in Vancouver.

Also, I just received this email from FS:

Hi Michael:

The item(s) below are now on their way to you!

This email is not an actual invoice. If you want to print out your invoice click here: Print copies of your invoice.

Item(s)shipped Quantity Price
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PlayStation 3) 1 $39.99
Is there any way to check the shipping status?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RS4- said:
Ugh, I want to find a store selling UMVC early :(
Only way to get it urley thus far is Capcom store, which, shockingly shipped the games out a week in advance to everyone to make up for the fuckery they caused when MvC3 came out.. which is noble but only one person on the internet (Lyte Edge) trusted Capcom again.

Otherwise, I've given up on stores nearby selling any game early. It just seems like breaking street dates just doesn't happen around the GTA.

Mike Works said:

Also, I just received this email from FS:

Is there any way to check the shipping status?

go to futureshop.com and check your order history.
in your order, click track this shipment

TheKurgan said:
Thanks for the info. My order has shipped but since I live in Alberta I am out of luck for a Friday delivery. If I had tomorrow off work I would try the midnight/early morning route, but I don't so I will just have to pick up my MW3 preorder instead (didn't want to stand in line at EB Games on Tuesday). Should keep me busy until Monday.

Purolator in Edmonton area is delivering tomorrow. I know for a fact, because I work there :p

Popstar

Mike Works said:
A couple people I work with (downtown Vancouver) were going to get it at midnight. They said Futureshop wasn't doing a midnight launch but EB/Gamestop was.

Spike

enzo_gt said:
Only way to get it urley thus far is Capcom store, which, shockingly shipped the games out a week in advance to everyone to make up for the fuckery they caused when MvC3 came out.. which is noble but only one person on the internet (Lyte Edge) trusted Capcom again.

Otherwise, I've given up on stores nearby selling any game early. It just seems like breaking street dates just doesn't happen around the GTA.

The guy I go to at the Flea Market is going to have it this weekend.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know if Best Buy is planning on making reward zone certs redeemable online any time soon?

Otherwise, is there a way to give away a cert?

isny

napkin dispenser
firehawk12 said:
Anyone know if Best Buy is planning on making reward zone certs redeemable online any time soon?

Otherwise, is there a way to give away a cert?

Go buy something with the cert. Return the item the next day and get a GC back.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
isny said:
Go buy something with the cert. Return the item the next day and get a GC back.
Actually, my problem is that I don't live in a city with a Bestbuy. I wouldn't mind giving away the 5 dollar one that's expiring in a couple of weeks.

That's a good idea for the other 100+ dollars that I have (I don't know why I have that many, but who am I to complain?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom