• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
firehawk12 said:
Actually, my problem is that I don't live in a city with a Bestbuy. I wouldn't mind giving away the 5 dollar one that's expiring in a couple of weeks.

That's a good idea for the other 100+ dollars that I have (I don't know why I have that many, but who am I to complain?).
Finish your goddamn Ph.D yet?

For God's sake, man!

isny

napkin dispenser
firehawk12 said:
Actually, my problem is that I don't live in a city with a Bestbuy. I wouldn't mind giving away the 5 dollar one that's expiring in a couple of weeks.

That's a good idea for the other 100+ dollars that I have (I don't know why I have that many, but who am I to complain?).

I'm sure someone here could use it. If I wasn't in Japan now I'd take it in a heartbeat, what with all of the games coming out this Fall.

big_z

firehawk12 said:
Anyone know if Best Buy is planning on making reward zone certs redeemable online any time soon?

Otherwise, is there a way to give away a cert?

they'll never do it because they know if they can force people into the store to use them they might buy more stuff and that the lazy or those not interested in buying anything will let them expire.

cant you use the reward zone cert to buy a gift card? gift cards dont expire. i have a $10 reward zone cert thats expiring at the end of the month.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
big_z said:
they'll never do it because they know if they can force people into the store to use them they might buy more stuff and that the lazy or those not interested in buying anything will let them expire.

cant you use the reward zone cert to buy a gift card? gift cards dont expire. i have a $10 reward zone cert thats expiring at the end of the month.
You can't buy gift cards with them. It's one of the rules.

Fuzzy

firehawk12 said:
Anyone know if Best Buy is planning on making reward zone certs redeemable online any time soon?

Otherwise, is there a way to give away a cert?
You can email someone the certificate and they can print them out and use them. If you don't have anyone else to send it to then I'll take it depending on what the expiry date is.

WEGGLES

Status On vehicle for delivery
Date/Time NOVEMBER 11, 2011 AT 08:26

excited.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fuzzy said:
You can email someone the certificate and they can print them out and use them. If you don't have anyone else to send it to then I'll take it depending on what the expiry date is.
The only option I have is to print... does it save as a PDF or something?

TheKurgan

WEGGLES said:

TRACKING DETAILS

Status On vehicle for delivery
Date/Time NOVEMBER 11, 2011 AT 07:42
Depot CALGARY, AB
Tracking Phone # 1 888 SHIP-123 or 1-888-744-7123

SWEET JESUS! THERE IS A GOD!!!

Futureshop is getting all of my future preorders!

Welp, they just tried to deliver my skyrim. Since that failed, they refuse to transport it to a depot until Monday. Apparently 3 blocks away is off-route so it's stuck on the truck for the hour drive away to HQ depot. >_<

I wonder what my order luck will be like if I try to get Futureshop to change the shipping address for the rest of the items...

Crazymoogle said:
It's not that surprising. They basically need to ensure the card has the same access speed as the game cards, or you're going to have weird performance problems when doing a PSN download versus buying at retail. It's definitely a step backwards in terms of presentation though; a lot of the trouble could have been solved through onboard memory instead.

I totally agree. On-board memory would have solved the issue. What I was referring to mostly though, is the way Sony always comes out with a new proprietary media that never does well, ever since Betamax all the way up to UMDs and beyond.

Crazymoogle said:
Welp, they just tried to deliver my skyrim. Since that failed, they refuse to transport it to a depot until Monday. Apparently 3 blocks away is off-route so it's stuck on the truck for the hour drive away to HQ depot. >_<

I wonder what my order luck will be like if I try to get Futureshop to change the shipping address for the rest of the items...

This is why I hate ordering online from FS and BB. I'm lucky that the depot is closer to my house than the FS and BB, so it's not so bad if I miss the delivery.

DJ_Lae

Hmm, mine just says shipment in transit, although that was last night around 6pm.

If they are delivering today, it usually arrives the following day as it's only a ferry ride away. If not, I guess I'll play it Monday.

Om3ga

BradVanDam said:
any deals for someone wanting to buy a Wii and Zelda?
Dell is selling Zelda for $5 off, also if you want the cheapest price for a Wii I'd just look on Kijiji, Craiglist, RFD. I know I seen some $99 in store Wii deals, but i can't remember when and where.

Also for anyone who missed out on 39.99 XBL Gold. Dell and Best buy both have it up at that price. Great deal for anyone looking to renew. An optional better deal is If you're going to head down to the US during Black Friday, it might be better to wait and just hit up best buy there and clean them out of 3month cards for $8 each.

StunandStab said:
Purolator is actually delivering today? My tracking number says still in transit... I hope they deliver mine ):

I think In Transit means it's currently sitting in some depot not moving.

=).

Out for Delivery is the actual "on the truck to your house" status

Oneself

First time ever that Futureshop ships one of my orders on time and I get a fucking asshole truck driver who lies about his delivery attempts.

Status Attempted Delivery - Receiver Unavailable
Date/Time NOVEMBER 11, 2011 AT 15:06
Depot MONTREAL (WEST/OUEST), PQ

I work from home, sitting right beside the main window, I clearly see the stairs leading up here, there's a ringer, you can knock, I even have an hyperactive dalmatian that barks as soon as someone goes up the stairs.
Now I have to wait for it next monday.
Complaint done by phone against that mf.

Oneself said:
First time ever that Futureshop ships one of my orders on time and I get a fucking asshole truck driver who lies about his delivery attempts.

Might be same depot as me. Really sucks that they won't move stuff in time for the weekend since the Purolator offices are open tomorrow.

Lothars

Oneself said:

Status Attempted Delivery - Receiver Unavailable
Date/Time NOVEMBER 11, 2011 AT 15:06
Depot MONTREAL (WEST/OUEST), PQ

I work from home, sitting right beside the main window, I clearly see the stairs leading up here, there's a ringer, you can knock, I even have an hyperactive dalmatian that barks as soon as someone goes up the stairs.
Now I have to wait for it next monday.
Complaint done by phone against that mf.
Can't you go to the purolator depot and pick it up?

Oneself

Lothars said:
Can't you go to the purolator depot and pick it up?

That driver was supposed to leave some kind of bill in the mailbox since I was unavailable in his alternate reality, but there's something clearly wrong with the matrix because I got nothing like that.

I'll try and go to the Purolator depot if I actually have the time. :|

Fuck Best Buy. Skyrim won't be here until the 15th. Only fucking reason I went with bestbuy is because of the 800 points for pre-ordering and x2 points from gamers zone.

Firestorm

SuperSonic1305 said:
Fuck Best Buy. Skyrim won't be here until the 15th. Only fucking reason I went with bestbuy is because of the 800 points for pre-ordering and x2 points from gamers zone.
Go to Store. Purchase. Return Online Copy with Store Receipt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
crimzonflame said:
Countless Flea Markets across the GTA always break the street date. Ive been getting games early since 2004.
Yeah I'm gonna request someone let a brother know about this stuff, especially if there are any in Brampton.
Hook a brother up, GAF.

RS4-

enzo_gt said:
Yeah I'm gonna request someone let a brother know about this stuff, especially if there are any in Brampton.
Hook a brother up, GAF.

I think I know which fleamarket it is but I can't be sure.

How the hell do you hide stuff again, the email tag?

Fuzzy

firehawk12 said:
The only option I have is to print... does it save as a PDF or something?
Sorry I took so long to reply.

When you choose to print the certificate(s) they'll show up in your browser with a pop-up to print them. Close the pop-up and save the page to your PC then just email the page (along with the images) to whoever you want to give them to so they can print them. I always send my certificates like this to my sister-in-law to print at work because I don't have a printer at home.

Divvy said:
The new RFD site design is so goddamn hideous. What the hell were they thinking?
We can only hope it's ugly enough to stop some of the horders from even looking for deals any more. :p

WEGGLES

Does this mean I'm not getting Skyrim today?

2011/11/11 18:02 Shipment In Transit
2011/11/11 08:26 On vehicle for delivery
2011/11/10 21:11 Shipment In Transit
2011/11/10 21:10 Picked up by Purolator

EDIT Read bottom to top.

EDIT 2
Shipment In Transit This shipment is currently in transit to a Purolator facility

angrys.jpg

Fuzzy

Just got my shipping notice from BB for my $31.49 copy of Super Mario 3D Land. Looks like I'll have it on Monday. :)

I still wish we could pre-order games online and choose in-store pickup though.

Leeness

I know everyone is on Skyrim right now, but do we know what day Assassins Creed should ship if we're to get it by Tuesday? I'm just hoping we don't have an Uncharted debacle for AC. I want my AC fix haha.

Fuzzy

Leeness said:
I know everyone is on Skyrim right now, but do we know what day Assassins Creed should ship if we're to get it by Tuesday? I'm just hoping we don't have an Uncharted debacle for AC. I want my AC fix haha.
I didn't have a problem with U3, they shipped Monday and I got it Tuesday. Hopefully the same thing will happen with AC.

Leeness

Fuzzy said:
I didn't have a problem with U3, they shipped Monday and I got it Tuesday. Hopefully the same thing will happen with AC.

Boourns. My UC3 was a week late. I guess we'll see. Please be good to me, Future Shop!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fuzzy said:
Sorry I took so long to reply.

When you choose to print the certificate(s) they'll show up in your browser with a pop-up to print them. Close the pop-up and save the page to your PC then just email the page (along with the images) to whoever you want to give them to so they can print them. I always send my certificates like this to my sister-in-law to print at work because I don't have a printer at home.

Ahh, okay. I'll probably post it up soon if I really can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom