• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxymoron

Wow, they refused me again. I can't believe it

That's kind of unbelievable. The email I got:
Thank you for contacting Future Shop and giving us an opportunity to address your concern.

It seems to be put down to 39.99$ because the time that you pre-ordered it the original price was 59.99$ but now the price is 49.99$ so with the 20$ discount it should be    
29.99$. I have made the correction and placed the 10$ discount onto your order.

Cactus

Banned
Thanks.

EDIT: I think I'm going to cancel my order. This is getting ridiculous.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop concerning your Order *********.

Unfortunately, when you ordered your game during the E-3 promotion the price was $59.99 and you have received your discount on that price. There will not be any additional discount forth coming.

The agent who gave your friend the additional discount made an error.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I'm going to cancel my order. This is getting ridiculous.

I got the exact same email. Someone at FS must be up late.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop concerning your Order #XXXXXXXXX.

Unfortunately, as the price during the June E-3 games discount pre-order offer was $59.99 you did receive the $20.00 off and no further discounts will be forth coming.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Cactus

Banned
I got the exact same email. Someone at FS must be up late.

I asked them to cancel my order and said that I won't be shopping at FutureShop or futureshop.ca in the future.

The fact that they're refunding the extra money to some people but not others is what really bothers me. They should at least be consistent in their decision.

EDIT: ...no answer yet, 12 hours later. When I have a complaint, they answer in 20 minutes, but when I ask to cancel, they ignore the email.

Leeness

I wouldn't bother emailing them again. Just give them a call tomorrow. That's what I'm gonna do. Since a lovely guy last time said he was going to fix it (and gave me my $20 on SOTC back!), I'm just going to say he must not have put it through, kindly put it through now, thanks. And make a stink if they don't :)

Firestorm

Cactus

Banned
Well, the saga is finally over. They finally responded to my last email and agreed to cancel my order. What's funny is that I accused them of failing to properly accomodate me as a customer and vowed that I wouldn't be shopping at FutureShop again, and the person responded with this:
I have cancelled the remainder of your order as you requested. You will also receive an automated message from our system notifying you of the cancellation.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.
I don't think I've ever dealt with such a poorly implemented form of customer service. With each email, a different rep replies and has no idea what the customer may have discussed at a previous point with a different agent, which leads to a lot of infuriatingly repetitious answers.

If any of you are having this same issue, I would just cancel the order. It's a lot easier than dealing with customer support.

isny

napkin dispenser
My order from BB for the CE is now showing as in stock and ready to ship.

* Scheduled forGround Delivery
* Estimated Arrival: 11/13-11/26/2011

Been having a ton of trouble with the 3DS games I preordered from BB during the E3 sale. Everytime a new one is released I have to call and they need to reallocate my order or the game just sits there and doesn't ship to me. Never used to have this problem with preorders, but as of late it's been a shit show.

Stage On

Cactus why didn't you just phone them first? It took less then 5 minutes to talk them into giving me my $10 back for Zelda. All I had to tell was tell them that "no 59.99 isn't the regular price." and they fixed it for me.

I also wanted to upgrade my copy of mass effect 3 to the collectors edition. The only way to do that was cancel the normal version from my order and then make a separate order. They asked me to call back in half an hour after making the new order and then they would manually adjust the price so that I'd still get the $20 discount.

So I did and they say they adjusted it to $70 after tax but it's not reflecting that on my order yet so I might have to call them again to make sure they did in fact put it through.

Cactus

Banned
Cactus why didn't you just phone them first? It took less then 5 minutes to talk them into giving me my $10 back for Zelda. All I had to tell was tell them that "no 59.99 isn't the regular price." and they fixed it for me.

I actually did call them after I received the most recent reply, and discussed the situation with a representative. She said that I could not receive the refund since that would constitute a "promotion on top of a promotion," but found it curious when I said that other people have received their $10 back without issue. She said she would submit my case to "higher ups" or whatever and that somebody would be contacting me within 24 hours.

I really don't expect a resolution that I'll be happy with, but at least I'll have one more chance to voice my dissatisfaction.

While I wait for my copy of Zelda to arrive tomorrow, I took advantage of Toys R Us mix and match promo to pick up Rayman, Sonic Generations and Kirby. Rang up at $136 total (25% discount each).

shira

Would you really want one though? No backwards compatibility and the Wii U will be out in the next quarter?
Oh really I didn't know it was out so soon.

I don't play GC games and not going to drop $300-500 on a launch system especially after the 3DS price cut. Ports are fine and good, but I'm more interested in the post-launch window stuff which is 1-2 years away.

isny

napkin dispenser
Oh really I didn't know it was out so soon.

I don't play GC games and not going to drop $300-500 on a launch system especially after the 3DS price cut. Ports are fine and good, but I'm more interested in the post-launch window stuff which is 1-2 years away.

I'm kind of on the fence myself too. Used to have one, sold it, but now want another one.

Shoppers has them for $129.99 advertised for the Mario Kart Wii and Motion Plus bundle. These are the backwards compatible ones too.

I'm sure we'll see one of the non backwards compatible bundle for $99 for Boxing Day, but not for the American Black Friday, as we usually don't get much in the way of deals in Canada during Black Friday.

isny

napkin dispenser
what about the zelda 3ds bundle? any word on canada getting it, or if it's gonna be on sale for 180$?

Bundles like that have been available in the past during Boxing Day in Canada.

With the Zelda DS Lite bundle, it was first only available during Black Friday, and then advertised as a Boxing Day bundle.

If you want to get both the 3DS and Wii though, it may be worth it to just drive down during Black Friday. Otherwise, just wait until Boxing Day.

Mikey Jr.

Not a gaming question, but I wanted to ask since its Canadian related.

So I guess the only place to rent blu-rays in the GTA is Rogers video? Is there anywhere else?

isny

napkin dispenser
Not a gaming question, but I wanted to ask since its Canadian related.

So I guess the only place to rent blu-rays in the GTA is Rogers video? Is there anywhere else?

Zip.ca will ship them to you if you don't mind waiting. Otherwise, after BBV closed, it's Rogers or mom and pop shops pretty much.

Socreges

Banned
Any thoughts on Futureshop's 'VIP' sale this week? Has anyone here gone to one in the past? They don't actually reveal the sales/prices until you're IN the store, so is it just an elaborate scheme to get people inside while not actually having any great deals? Hoping to pick up a TV.

Firestorm

Any thoughts on Futureshop's 'VIP' sale this week? Has anyone here gone to one in the past? They don't actually reveal the sales/prices until you're IN the store, so is it just an elaborate scheme to get people inside while not actually having any great deals? Hoping to pick up a TV.
Was completely useless last time I went.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Got all 4 copies (2 CE, 2 regular) of Zelda today and I was surprised the CE copies weren't damaged (except for one small thing) since they were mailed in a bubble mailer. If nobody in Toronto wants a $40 regular edition then it's going back to FS tonight.

My Zelda (regular edition) still hasn't shipped yet. Says "in stock" on the order page too. Guess we'll see how the rest of the day goes...

Magnus

I canceled the remainder of my Future Shop E3 preorders. The whole miserable experience completely validated my opinion on online shopping in general. So many things can go wrong, and every issue, no matter how slight, takes longer to fix.

I had one good experience with Amazon in the States, so hopefully, I'll shop there again.

FS can burn in hell though. Nothing I experienced was worth saving that bit of cash on each title. Terrible.

Got all 4 copies (2 CE, 2 regular) of Zelda today and I was surprised the CE copies weren't damaged (except for one small thing) since they were mailed in a bubble mailer. If nobody in Toronto wants a $40 regular edition then it's going back to FS tonight.

Lucky you. My CE's are pretty beaten up. :( Going to complain but I don't think they can do much since it's likely OOS everywhere. They were shipped in a bubble mailer too but a cardboard box would've been better IMO.

For those looking for the Zelda 3DS bundle, it's up for pre-order at EB:
http://www.ebgames.ca/3ds/nintendo-3ds-cosmo-black-with-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/311916

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Lucky you. My CE's are pretty beaten up. :( Going to complain but I don't think they can do much since it's likely OOS everywhere. They were shipped in a bubble mailer too but a cardboard box would've been better IMO.
That sucks about your damaged CE. I guess I was lucky it's a short trip from Mississauga to Scarborough. Check in-store stock online and see if you can exchange it there or buy it again then return the damaged copy.

Guess I'll give my order a few days since my backlog is big enough. Sucks when you can buy the game faster by blindly walking into a FS retail store though...

Lothars

I canceled the remainder of my Future Shop E3 preorders. The whole miserable experience completely validated my opinion on online shopping in general. So many things can go wrong, and every issue, no matter how slight, takes longer to fix.

I had one good experience with Amazon in the States, so hopefully, I'll shop there again.

FS can burn in hell though. Nothing I experienced was worth saving that bit of cash on each title. Terrible.

I don't blame you but don't forgo online shopping in general, it can be fantastic especially for deals or hard to get items.

That sucks about your damaged CE. I guess I was lucky it's a short trip from Mississauga to Scarborough. Check in-store stock online and see if you can exchange it there or buy it again then return the damaged copy.

They were shipped from Richmond to Vancouver. :( :(

DJ_Lae

Got my LE and regular edition in the mail just now, but no steelbook.

Checked the order on Future Shop's site, the steelbook portion now says 'shipment canceled.' Didn't get an e-mail about it. I'm kind of annoyed, but oh well.

LE came in good shape if nothing else.

UberTag

Got my LE and regular edition in the mail just now, but no steelbook.

Checked the order on Future Shop's site, the steelbook portion now says 'shipment canceled.' Didn't get an e-mail about it. I'm kind of annoyed, but oh well.

LE came in good shape if nothing else.
They cancelled my steelbook as well. Looks like they never went ahead with it.
Shame too... I cancelled my preorder of the LE bundle for $10 more just to get the steelbook with the standalone copy and we all got gypped out of it.

I blame the BC bud. From my experience working out there everyone is high. :p

Probably.

I checked FS.ca and the LE was in stock at a nearby store so I ordered for ISPU. Denied of course.

BOGOF on various clearance games and accessories at Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12320504

Wal-Mart Black Friday (Canada): LA Noire $24, Arkham City $29 (if you can still find the bundle with AA it's a smoking hot deal):
http://i.minus.com/iLrtVR0LxbH82.jpg

zeitgeist

Probably.

I checked FS.ca and the LE was in stock at a nearby store so I ordered for ISPU. Denied of course.

BOGOF on various clearance games and accessories at Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12320504

Wal-Mart Black Friday (Canada): LA Noire $24, Arkham City $29 (if you can still find the bundle with AA it's a smoking hot deal):
http://i.minus.com/iLrtVR0LxbH82.jpg

Wow that is amazing for Arkham City. Thanks for the heads up.

Neki

so i went to go pick up my ce of zelda at a local game store and they told me they got no shipments of the ce. Kinda disappointed, if i knew that was going to happen, would have just went to eb games. Off to zelda now, sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom