• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the Batman: Arkham City deal, think that would be a great gift for my brother.

Add it to cart.

Apply $10 off videogame purchase that Futureshop gave me for shipping NHL 12 late.

Get error notification on the code.

Type in gift certificate ($67 value) number to pay for it anyway.

Get notification saying gift card has no money on it.

Call hotline.

Informed that a transaction was made exactly one week ago - one I sure didn't make.

Email support asking for transaction details.

Told to call in store tomorrow.

[line reserved here for edit to update that Arkham City will be sold out tomorrow]

Someone at RFD said the NHL codes expired at the end of October but the e-mail had no expiry date.

I e-mailed FS with my order number and they got back to me saying they don't know what happened and applied the code and my CC will be credited in 7-10 days........

20 dollar Batman FTW

RS4-

Glory that lasts forever, AFAIK. If you're a part of the TO SFIV community, let them know! I'd love to see some high-level play there tomorrow. c:

Unfortunately most of them will be at a Waterloo tournament.

Is anyone interested in a Switcheasy Colors Iphone 4 case? http://www.switcheasy.com/product.php?product=Colors_iPhone4 got the baby blue/yellow case.

Still sealed. I wasn't thinking when I bought the case, as I wanted a juice pack battery for my phone and remembered that I can't use both. Can't return the case so I just wanted to ask here.

Someone at RFD said the NHL codes expired at the end of October but the e-mail had no expiry date.

I e-mailed FS with my order number and they got back to me saying they don't know what happened and applied the code and my CC will be credited in 7-10 days........

20 dollar Batman FTW
I used my Uncharted $10 code (think of all the money Futureshop would save if they shipped their fucking games on time) instead, so I guess I'll have to get them to credit... a different purchase?

Kazerei

Banned
If anyone in K-W is still looking for the Skyward Sword bundle, I have an extra one. I completely forgot I pre-ordered it at GameStop, and surprisingly they still had a bundle when I walked in earlier today.
Kaz, mine may show up totaled tomorrow (From BB). If it does, I'll pay for you to ship it to me if you can hold on to it for a day. That is, if no one has claimed it.

Wow this thread moves fast... anyways, my Zelda bundle is still available. I'll probably sell it on Kijiji next week if nobody else wants it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, I forgot about my BestBuy Rewards $5 coupon. It expires tomorrow, but if anyone wants it, I'll give it to the first person who quotes this message.

Okay, does anyone who lives in BC know how the hell to get quality internet that won't give you lag or NAT problems with online gaming? I don't think I've ever had good internet ever in my entire life

Firestorm

Okay, does anyone who lives in BC know how the hell to get quality internet that won't give you lag or NAT problems with online gaming? I don't think I've ever had good internet ever in my entire life
Telus has been fine for me in Vancouver.

If you're currently on Shaw and want to switch, try this: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bc-telus-15-15-15-deal-ends-december-31-2011-a-1104983/#post13796977
Ah, I forgot about my BestBuy Rewards $5 coupon. It expires tomorrow, but if anyone wants it, I'll give it to the first person who quotes this message.
I'll take it! AssBro for $15 would be nice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I thought you needed your card to redeem it?

HOW COULD YOU NOT OFFER TO ME FIRST?!
You don't need jack shit to redeem it except a print out of the certificate. Hell, all you really need is the 30-digit code on it or if you want to be nice to the cashier, the barcode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought you needed your card to redeem it?

HOW COULD YOU NOT OFFER TO ME FIRST?!
Hey, you actually could have messaged me! I probably would have given it to you before checking this thread again. :lol:

I've sent it to Firestorm, so I'll let him decide. :p

You don't need jack shit to redeem it except a print out of the certificate. Hell, all you really need is the 30-digit code on it or if you want to be nice to the cashier, the barcode.
Haha, the cert does say membership card is required. I've never used one, so... no clue.
I still can't believe that they won't tie it into their website though. So silly.

Firestorm

ty Firehawk :)

Also I really hope there's something I can do to find a deal on Mario Kart 7 =/ Otherwise Best Buy for reward points seems to be the best way to go?

I have an FS order for a Zelda+steelbook I no longer need (because I already got one) so if anyone in Vancouver wants it, I'll let it go at cost.

isny

napkin dispenser
ty Firehawk :)

Also I really hope there's something I can do to find a deal on Mario Kart 7 =/ Otherwise Best Buy for reward points seems to be the best way to go?

This is what I did. It's the only 3DS game that I didn't snag during the BB insane 3DS sale. Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, etc. are all still on preorder for $25 with 800 RZ bonus points, but MK 7 will have to be regular price.

At the very least, I'll have a ton of RZ credit I can apply to that order by turning it into GC's, so not only will I get 800 points, but the whole thing will be paid for in RZ credits too, lol

Stage On

I'm a little Ticked at Toys r us. They advertised having Super Mario 3d land for $35 but when I went to the store today I was told they haven't had stock for at least a couple of days :(

Stage On

Good deal out of stock... not their fault?

I just don't think it's cosure to advertise something they didn't have in stock and hadn't had in stock for days. Maybe if it was limited to the one store but it's all of them in the area and it's also not available on their website.

It'd be one thing if they had them and sold out early in the day but to have never had them at all is kind of shady.

there's something called a phone...

I didn't have a chance since I had to go straight from work. Besides the Toys r us is right next to the Futureshop I had to make a stop at anyhow so I wasn't really going out of my way.

I just don't think it's cosure to advertise something they didn't have in stock and hadn't had in stock for days. Maybe if it was limited to the one store but it's all of them in the area and it's also not available on their website.

It'd be one thing if they had them and sold out early in the day but to have never had them at all is kind of shady.

Flyer recall? More than one toysrus exists? I dunno, seems like a pretty lame complaint. First come first serve and apparently you were days late.

Fuzzy

The Best Buy Cyber Monday sale is already on. Online only and no in-store pick-up.

Video Games

10% off Select XBOX 360 Games
10% off Select Playstation 3 Games
10% off Select PC Games
10% off Select Nintendo Wii Games
10% off Select 3DS games
10% off Select DS games
10% off Select PSP/Vita games
25% off Select Used Games

Accessories

10% off Select Nintendo Wii Accessories
10% off Select PS3 Accessories
10% off Select XBOX 360 Accessories
10% off Select PSP Accessories
10% off Select DS Accessories
10% off Select 3DS Accessories

Pretty mundane although the Move bundles count this time for the 10% off. For some reason 10% off doesn't work on the Sports Champion bundle even though it's listed on the page but it works on the other bundles.

Hellish

The Best Buy Cyber Monday sale is already on.

Video Games

10% off Select XBOX 360 Games
10% off Select Playstation 3 Games
10% off Select PC Games
10% off Select Nintendo Wii Games
10% off Select 3DS games
10% off Select DS games
10% off Select PSP/Vita games
25% off Select Used Games

Accessories

10% off Select Nintendo Wii Accessories
10% off Select PS3 Accessories
10% off Select XBOX 360 Accessories
10% off Select PSP Accessories
10% off Select DS Accessories
10% off Select 3DS Accessories

Pretty mundane although the Move bundles count this time for the 10% off.

Except the site does not work and is crashing for everyone

I really wanted the HD598's for $150

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merg...ov-27-10-30pm-pst-nov-29-3-00-est-1109777/16/

Hellish

I can easily get on the site and add stuff to my cart. I haven't tried to completely finish a transaction because I don't want anything but I've gotten to the very last step without a problem.

Started working recently like <2mins ago but they pulled the 598's off the site :(

Fuzzy

I really don't know if I should pre-order Mario Kart 7 for $36 and get 800 bonus RZ points or if I should just walk into the store on Sunday and get it for free with RZ certificates.

btkadams

i don't know if they are always having this deal, but all of the vita games are $5 off (after you add to cart) on bestbuy.ca. i just completed my launch lineup by preordering wipeout and modnation (already ordered uncharted and hot shots in june).

Takao

Banned
i don't know if they are always having this deal, but all of the vita games are $5 off (after you add to cart) on bestbuy.ca. i just completed my launch lineup by preordering wipeout and modnation (already ordered uncharted and hot shots in june).

I'm thinking it's part of their Cyber Monday sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom