• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are there any places still selling TE Fighsticks in Toronto? I saw some in EB Games stores but that was a long time ago.
The only place you can definitely find them is Madcatz.ca for sure or Craigslist/Kijiji/ebay.ca for incredibly inflated prices. I think EBGames or Gamestop.ca may have them too, but it's pretty rare. Amazon.ca carries em occasionally.

At retail? Your chances are slim to none.

Joule

Are there any places still selling TE Fighsticks in Toronto? I saw some in EB Games stores but that was a long time ago.
Haven't seen a TE in store for awhile. If the HRAP VX SA is your thing though, last time I went to A&C games they had a few there along with some other sticks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you can wait, just wait for Canadianjoysticks.com to get a batch of Qanba Q4s in. They are cheaper and work with all platforms.

Solune also pointed me to http://eightarc.com/fusion-ebony - their sticks are more expensive and shipping is 45 bucks to Canada, but if you're desperate for one now, this would be the one to get.

Both feature all the right buttons and sticks and all that stuff.

Was at HMV in downtown Toronto (Queen West), and stumbled upon a possible clearance? They've moved all the games to a weird corner, and pretty much all games/hardware have a discount from 20-50%.

Not sure if it's store specific or all HMV.

Luigi87

Was at HMV in downtown Toronto (Queen West), and stumbled upon a possible clearance? They've moved all the games to a weird corner, and pretty much all games/hardware have a discount from 20-50%.

I think some HMVs (if not all?) are phasing out their game sections here... In Hamilton/Stoney Creek, an HMV that used to have several racks of games have no relocated all of them into a single shelf space.

i'll head to the white rock hmv and rogers plus to ask whats going on. Also, one of my friends used to work at hmv so i can double check with him and his contacts

Cactus

Banned

The Yonge/Dundas location has a similar setup.

Speaking of HMV, I managed to pick up this Sergio Leone anthology which includes the Dollars trilogy and Duck You Sucker remastered with bonus content, for $15.

Not sure if they've still got any, but it's a great deal.

Anony

i asked on rfd, just wanted to opinions:

i got mario land 3ds last week at bestbuy, this week, they have the buy 1 get 40% off deal at TRU
would best buy match that if i were to get another nintendo game on their price protection policy?

Firestorm

i asked on rfd, just wanted to opinions:

i got mario land 3ds last week at bestbuy, this week, they have the buy 1 get 40% off deal at TRU
would best buy match that if i were to get another nintendo game on their price protection policy?
If they don't you could always just buy it and return with old receipt. I'm going to try PMing as well when I pick up Mario Kart.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This was the list that was posted on RFD:

Dec 02
PS3 Start the Party $9.89
PS3 The Sly Collection $9.89
Buy any 2 of $20 PSN / 1400 & 2800 360 points cards and get $5 off
Dec 03
PS3 Duke Nukem Forever $14.89
360 Duke Nukem Forever $14.89
Dec 04
PS3 X-Men Destiny $19.89
360 X-Men Destiny $19.89
Dec 05
PS3 Michael Jackson The Experience
360 Michael Jackson The Experience
Dec 06
PS3 Red Faction: Armageddon
360 Red Faction: Armageddon
Dec 07
?
Dec 08
PS3 Homefront
360 Homefront
Dec 09
PS3 Driver: San Francisco
360 Driver: San Francisco
Dec 10
360 Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster
Dec 11
WII Metroid: Other M
Dec 12
PS3 Lord of the Rings: War in the North
360 Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Anony

Take advantage of the TRU deal by buying another copy of Mario plus another game, and then return the sealed game to BB with your original receipt.

ic, i was thinking it through, and didnt get it, lol

anyways, i'm planning on getting mario kart 7 or zelda...
which one should i get? also want to get DOA:dimensions, it's listed at 40$, eb website has it for 30$, so i guess i can pm it for 29$
(or should i get everything... i just got the 3ds, honestly i cant believe i'm playing like 300$ just for all this if i get everything)

on a side note, do you think TRU will price protect my 3ds which i got for 140$ there if i show them the best buy ad with 170 + $40 gc?

on another side note, i'm almost done mario land 3ds already, lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Er, I'm still not seeing it. Am I stupid? Is the banner on the graphic that changes every couple of seconds?
You probably aren't seeing it because you have Adblock running. Hope you don't do the same on GAF.

0llfd.png

The HMV at the Promenade Mall doesn't sell any video game stuff anymore but they still have their video game advertising on the wall.........

RS4-

Hm. May trade in UC3 and pick it up again at a cheaper price next year.

used_game_en.jpg

Ugh, need a list. I want to get rid of my Gears 3, Forza 4 and NHL 12 lol.

I've got the Gears Epic Edition and Forza 4 CE though, if anyone in Toronto is interested, let me know.

Just got an excellent deal. Superstore had a no-tax day and they were selling Little Big Planet 2 for $29.99 ($10 off). I convinced the clerk the special edition with Move support and other DLC totaling $35 in extra content was the one on sale. It normally sells for $59.99. Lucky for me I didn't see any regular Little Big Planet 2 games on the shelf.

Maddog

Just got an excellent deal. Superstore had a no-tax day and they were selling Little Big Planet 2 for $29.99 ($10 off). I convinced the clerk the special edition with Move support and other DLC totaling $35 in extra content was the one on sale. It normally sells for $59.99. Lucky for me I didn't see any regular Little Big Planet 2 games on the shelf.

You're doing it wrong.

you feel good about that? RFD is thataway.

Check the thread title--does it say

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion |OT2|

or

Canadian Gaming Scams and Discussion |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom