• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

Well I discussed my Canadian deal. The topic doesn't state official deals and I'm sure you're going to the store right now to do the same thing. lol
There are many definitions of the word "deal", but the one we're using is basically "good price". You didn't find a good price on something, you tricked someone into giving you the wrong price.

And no, most people here aren't going to try doing the same thing. That's why Peter linked you towards Red Flag Deals. Those sort of deals are much more commonly accepted over there than they are here.

There are many definitions of the word "deal", but the one we're using is basically "good price". You didn't find a good price on something, you tricked someone into giving you the wrong price.

And no, most people here aren't going to try doing the same thing. That's why Peter linked you towards Red Flag Deals. Those sort of deals are much more commonly accepted over there than they are here.

Will know for next time, thanks. Great game by the way.

Takao

Banned
Woot, picked up MK7 and Tetris Axis at Toys "R" Us. I already own Mario 3D, and have no intention of playing a Zelda game, so my 3DS lineup is pretty much done for 2011. Though, I probably would've picked up Sonic Generations on 3DS if they had it, but alas.

Firestorm

Woot, picked up MK7 and Tetris Axis at Toys "R" Us. I already own Mario 3D, and have no intention of playing a Zelda game, so my 3DS lineup is pretty much done for 2011. Though, I probably would've picked up Sonic Generations on 3DS if they had it, but alas.
you what
The Robson HMV is closing? No way! :(
Yeah, it's gonna be really odd for me to walk by Robson and Burrard and not see it there. It was the largest in Canada too. Although I don't really think I've been inside the store more than a half dozen times...

Maximus.

Purchased a red 3DS on Black Friday from toysrus. Used the 15 dollar coupon at toysrus I got with my 3ds to get mario 3dland and mario kart for 55 bucks!

Damn no way, so all the hmvs are going out of business?? They have some good deals from time to time on movies :(

C-Jo

I'm really bummed about about Rogers Plus (and Blockbuster, retroactively) closing. I wanted to rent a movie last night and found my self with zero legitimate means of obtaining it.

Digital and on demand services are obviously the future, but until they're drastically improved, we're left with a shitty void.

On another note, Amazon.ca has Pilotwings Resort 3DS for $17.74

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004R97KZ8

$17.30 now. This may be one of those fluctuating prices.

Need something for free shipping though.
RE Revelations $39.99 (I assume you get charged $10 extra when it ships?) http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0050SVLI2/
SSFIV 3D $25.49 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002I0IVC4/
Ridge Racer $19.99 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002I0JLPU/
Bust a Move $19.99 http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004LLTKIM/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Purchased a red 3DS on Black Friday from toysrus. Used the 15 dollar coupon at toysrus I got with my 3ds to get mario 3dland and mario kart for 55 bucks!

Damn no way, so all the hmvs are going out of business?? They have some good deals from time to time on movies :(
They're just getting rid of games. I just checked my store today and while there are no deals, they aren't selling any hardware at all now.

Ned

Neo Member
Are there any places still selling TE Fighsticks in Toronto? I saw some in EB Games stores but that was a long time ago.

I have a PS3 TE I bought at EB and used for 20-30 mins before boxing it back up. Like new and I am never going to use it (stupid nostalgia purchase). Shoot me a PM if you want pics.

Hellish

I doubt anyone is looking for one but the steel series 6gv2 keyboard is $84.99 regular price at canadacomputers as oppose to $100 everywhere else, just though I'd throw it out there.

....getting it tommorow

krae_man

Just got back from a rewards zone only sale at BB. Man people were going crazy for deals that weren't better then normal. I only went for 10% off video games and sagged MK7 for $26 after my $10 certificate.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just got back from a rewards zone only sale at BB. Man people were going crazy for deals that weren't better then normal. I only went for 10% off video games and sagged MK7 for $26 after my $10 certificate.

You missed out then. 15% off points cards.

I picked up a couple of 3DS points cards =)

Leeness

Hm. May trade in UC3 and pick it up again at a cheaper price next year.

used_game_en.jpg

Do we know what other games are part of the $50 trade in yet? Or just those three?

Probably gonna do the same thing with UC3. Can definitely use the cash for Christmas.

isny

napkin dispenser
Yeah, Maybe. Never thought of that.

I didn't either until I thought what the heck and had them scan them in. Lo and behold they were included in the "15% off gaming accessories".

We finally have 3DS points cards in Canada? Whoa.

They just started showing up about a week or two ago. Took long enough though. At least now it means we can start getting some deals on them =D

Hellish

Thought about going to the bb reward zone sale for %40 off the c910 webcam but I didnt feel like going in the craziness/

Well I discussed my Canadian deal. The topic doesn't state official deals and I'm sure you're going to the store right now to do the same thing. lol

Why does everyone who does something scummy tell themselves that everyone else is doing the same thing? Do you really believe I'm rushing out to con some cashier into giving me a game that doesn't quality for a sale?

Wow.

Firestorm

Thought about going to the bb reward zone sale for %40 off the c910 webcam but I didnt feel like going in the craziness/

Dammit this was on sale? I wanted it and don't feel like going on eBay. *sigh*

Edit: Damn you weren't kidding. Lines to get in? Maybe I'll just buy it online boxing day.

Roto13

you whatYeah, it's gonna be really odd for me to walk by Robson and Burrard and not see it there. It was the largest in Canada too. Although I don't really think I've been inside the store more than a half dozen times...

When I moved to Vancouver from my shitty tiny little town, that place impressed me. I had never seen such a big selection of everything. I'm pretty sad to hear it's closing.

Somebody was telling me they couldn't imagine anybody but Apple moving into the HMV space. Definitely would fit Apple in terms of getting an awesome glass storefront but is there a 3 floor Apple store anywhere?

Tiktaalik

Somebody was telling me they couldn't imagine anybody but Apple moving into the HMV space. Definitely would fit Apple in terms of getting an awesome glass storefront but is there a 3 floor Apple store anywhere?

Yeah my question as well. If the HMV space was 2 floors I think almost anyone could put a flagship store there, but the three floors really pushes it over into this weird space between flagship retail store and mini-department store.

The local news brought up Nordstrom, the Seattle based upscale department store which has wanted to expand to Vancouver for a while, but the space is too small for that.

It's possible they could renovate the space and break it up into two or three floors of different retail.

Personally I think the best fit for taking up all three floors would be Uniqlo, but the space is maybe even too big for that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We have Sony and an Xbox store (Queen and Spadina), it's time Nintendo opened a World Store in Toronto.

By the way; not sure if it's running all week, but I noticed the majority of Pokemon toys at TRU was onsale when we picked up Mario cart. Picked up a couple nice plushies for $4.

Anyone know if there are usually good deals on Video Cards during Boxing Week? I wouldn't mind grabbing a GTX 560 for under $200 if I can find it. :p

God I hate RFD, that forum is something else. I had bought a Panasonic GT 65" set bundled with 3D glasses and 3D BR player for an amazing price, and I got PM's of people telling me I'm full of shit, or begging me to scan my receipt so that they can beat the price down even more...

Stay away from the electronics section unless you like circle jerking over cheap crappy tvs...

RS4-

God I hate RFD, that forum is something else. I had bought a Panasonic GT 65" set bundled with 3D glasses and 3D BR player for an amazing price, and I got PM's of people telling me I'm full of shit, or begging me to scan my receipt so that they can beat the price down even more...

Stay away from the electronics section unless you like circle jerking over cheap crappy tvs...

Can I get scans of said receipt so I can not buy a tv :D

Neki

I don't believe you, do you have any evidence that you actually bought said T.V?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom