• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's good. But ack... Its difficult to figure out which ones are staying open lol
How is it difficult? Go to the store finder on the Rogers Plus site and find a store near you. Check the CAG thread (post #3) to see if that store is closing.

Traded in Uncharted 3 at FS for $50 today. CSR didn't know anything about it. Had to show him the add then he looked it up and found a code to use.
Anyone in the Vancouver area know where I can get an empty case or just the cover art for Modern Warfare 3 for the PS3? I want to trade in my copy but keep my Steelbook case from the Hardened Edition.

Quick

Banned
Don't know if it's a store error or specific to the store I went to, but I was able to purchase the Steelbook collector's edition of Harry Potter 1-6 for $15.99 each. Half-Blood Prince was $19.99 on their blu-ray area, while it was $15.99 on the Harry Potter display. Saved myself a cool $40+ since it initially rang up at $19.99 each.

This was at the Pickering store, I should add.

Anyone in the Vancouver area know where I can get an empty case or just the cover art for Modern Warfare 3 for the PS3? I want to trade in my copy but keep my Steelbook case from the Hardened Edition.

I'm also looking for empty PS3 and blu-ray cases. Anyone know where to get one around Toronto? For blu-rays, I'm looking for some 2 and 3-disc cases.

Firestorm

Well then, I've made up my mind...

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/10/28/harry-potter-dvds-returning-late-2012-early-2013/

"There is discussion internally about aggregating assets from all of these films over the last decade and adding some new things -- we’ve never done an Ultimate Edition on the final two films -- and doing some grand kind of piece," he says. "It could be the end of 2012 or the beginning of ’13."
I can wait. Gonna just grab the regular edition for a gift.

Gamejunky

EB Daily Deal for Today is Tron Evolution (360/PS3) and
Epic Mickey Collector's Edition (Wii) $19.89

http://www.ebgames.ca/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=625

$9.89 for the 360 version but $29.99 for the PS3 Version (WTF?)

Also there is the Collectors Edition for both for $19.89 which makes no sense for PS3 of course.

I'm hoping to score the collectors edition but i'd be surprised if my local EB's have them in stock. (Store online stock checker does say they have them however)

frequency

Is Epic Mickey a good game? I think I remember people being disappointed with it, but is it actually bad?

It seems there's stock in like every store around my city.

Is Epic Mickey a good game? I think I remember people being disappointed with it, but is it actually bad?

It's decent, but be prepared to be frustrated with the camera.

Also there is the Collectors Edition for both for $19.89 which makes no sense for PS3 of course.

I'm hoping to score the collectors edition but i'd be surprised if my local EB's have them in stock. (Store online stock checker does say they have them however)
Are you sure that's tomorrow? People were going by numerically, with today being RedFaction (618), (519) gives you homefront.

Gamejunky

Are you sure that's tomorrow? People were going by numerically, with today being RedFaction (618), (519) gives you homefront.

If you click on the Doorcrasher link on EB's Homepage it takes you to the link i've posted so I assume so.

Epic Mickey was $10 at Wal-mart a couple weeks ago and will likely be that price on Boxing Day. If you think some decals, a bonus DVD, and a figurine are worth the extra $10 then go for it.

It didn't get the greatest reviews but it's a good price.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

PS3 price has been fixed.

StevieP

Banned

It's not bad. It's actually pretty high-production (i.e. lots of Disney charm). The platforming/camera isn't as good as some of the rest of the mechanics, however.

Cheerilee

Well then, I've made up my mind...

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/10/28/harry-potter-dvds-returning-late-2012-early-2013/

I can wait. Gonna just grab the regular edition for a gift.
The Ultimate Editions just re-insert deleted scenes that were usually deleted for a reason, and collect together all the bonus materials that have been scattered across the various releases.

They're probably going to charge a significant premium for the Definitive Edition boxset, on top of making you wait a year or longer.

So if you just want all the movies for cheap, now's probably the best time. If you're OCD for bonus features, then you should either wait, or buy the current set to make the wait easier, and increase the chances of holding out to find a deal on the DE.

isny

napkin dispenser
It's not bad. It's actually pretty high-production (i.e. lots of Disney charm). The platforming/camera isn't as good as some of the rest of the mechanics, however.

Was going to hold off until the standard edition hit $10, but decided to bite. Definitely worth the $20. Not only do you get the awesome statue, you also get a bonus disc with a bunch of cool interviews and such on it!

I'd say the statue is worth almost the $20 to me, so lets just say I paid $10 for the statue and $10 for the game =D

They only had two copies however at the closest store to me, and luckily I got that last one!

Firestorm

The Ultimate Editions just re-insert deleted scenes that were usually deleted for a reason, and collect together all the bonus materials that have been scattered across the various releases.

They're probably going to charge a significant premium for the Definitive Edition boxset, on top of making you wait a year or longer.

So if you just want all the movies for cheap, now's probably the best time. If you're OCD for bonus features, then you should either wait, or buy the current set to make the wait easier, and increase the chances of holding out to find a deal on the DE.
I've found that ultimate editions usually get released at a high price, but are pretty easy to grab on promo later. It wasn't be a huge loss I don't think either way. I purchased the regular set as a gift for my cousins so if I ever need to I can borrow that ;D

Spike

It's a good game with a pretty sucky camera. What hurts more is that Nintendo worked on the japanese version a bit, and they fixed the camera issue.

Leeness

That's good. But ack... Its difficult to figure out which ones are staying open lol

If you're downtown, Arbutus is the one staying. I think one of the only others is Penn Village in South Surrey. Worked there and was talking to one of my former coworkers and he thinks they're the only two left in the lower mainland.

soultron

Banned
Homefront is tomorrow for $10.

Wonder if it's worth checking out. I loved Freedom Fighters and was really interested when Homefront dropped, but all the controversy (love/hate MP, super linear story, studio closure, etc.) surrounding its release made me pass.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wonder if it's worth checking out. I loved Freedom Fighters and was really interested when Homefront dropped, but all the controversy (love/hate MP, super linear story, studio closure, etc.) surrounding its release made me pass.
For 10 bucks... seems like a no brainer to me anyway.

Deadly

Logitech has 35% off with code 791191repp if anyone is interested

Sucks though the US prices are so much better....

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At this risk of making this off topic again, people have been trading codes in the Toronto thread and I was wondering if anyone here would want to trade 3ds friend codes? I'm 3609-1192-2134.

SickBoy

Dear god, surely you could link to the Toronto thread in an effort to prevent a page of 3DS codes :p

Traded in Uncharted 3 at FS for $50 today. CSR didn't know anything about it. Had to show him the add then he looked it up and found a code to use.

I hate it when you have to educate the people who are serving you on their own promos. Thankfully, I think the main game guy at my local Future Shop is pretty on the ball... crossing my fingers I won't have to jump through any hoops when I'm done with MW3. I'm not sure I've seen this ad anywhere other than a Future Shop press release and their website... imagine if they took that image down... :/

Bought it during Steam sale. Totally not worth it. Hilariously linear and dull. Gunplay is amazing but the game doesn't do justice to it at all.

isny

napkin dispenser
At this risk of making this off topic again, people have been trading codes in the Toronto thread and I was wondering if anyone here would want to trade 3ds friend codes? I'm 3609-1192-2134.

My awesome launch system code: 0001-3305-9927

DJ_Lae

Anyone else have to wait 15 mins to trade in games at Futureshop?

It's like the employees weren't trained to do trade ins...

I've only traded in games a few times, but there seems to be only one guy at the Victoria location who actually knows how to do it. Even finding someone in the game/movie section is a pain in the ass, and they always have to tell me to wait while they go and get someone who can do it.

Kazerei

Banned
Anyone else have to wait 15 mins to trade in games at Futureshop?

It's like the employees weren't trained to do trade ins...

I've only traded games in once at FS, and it was a disaster. CSR didn't really know what to do, and had to keep asking some other rep for help. Never again.

Popstar

They're a liquidator. Some store went out of business and they're selling the bankrupt place's stock. Everything is new. I didn't see any PS3s though. I just popped in quickly, I may have missed them.

The previous time I walked past the place it was filled with designer clothing. Lot's of formally $300 pairs of jeans.

Futureshop

Trade 2 from list:
- Madden 12, NHL 12, NFS Run, FIFA 12, AC:R, MW3, Skyrim, WWE 12, Batman AC, NBA 2k12, LOTR: War in the North, Rayman Origins

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle - $250
Wireless Controller - $39.99
Xbox live starter kit - $59.99
Kinect sports season 2 - $39.99

Buy Sim 3 pets, get any other Sims PC game free.
WOW Battle Chest with free Lich King - $19.99
WOW Cataclysm Collector's Edition - $39.99

Bestbuy

Wireless Controller - $39.99
12 month gold with MW3 toque - $49.99

PS Move nav & sharpshooter - $49.99

Buy both Mario Kart 7 & Super Mario and save $10

Walmart

N3DS Red - $169.99 (Free $40 GC)

Toys R Us