• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So right now you can get a 3ds for 99.99 (more or less) at walmart. Walmart is offering a 40 gift card with the purchase of a 3ds and if you bring in the current Superstore flyer advertising it for $139.99, WM will price match and give you the $40 gift card. Also if you can find the3ds at a cheaper price online (has to be a Canadian site) make sure the canadian url is visible in the screen grab and they'll price match that too.

I don't know when the $40 GC promo expires but it should still be on today I think.

Maddog

So right now you can get a 3ds for 99.99 (more or less) at walmart. Walmart is offering a 40 gift card with the purchase of a 3ds and if you bring in the current Superstore flyer advertising it for $139.99, WM will price match and give you the $40 gift card. Also if you can find the3ds at a cheaper price online (has to be a Canadian site) make sure the canadian url is visible in the screen grab and they'll price match that too.

I don't know when the $40 GC promo expires but it should still be on today I think.

Superstore deal was only during the weekend no?

Quick

Banned
Does anyone know the trade value of Skyrim from Best Buy and Futureshop? TIVS.ca's prices are from a few weeks ago.

krae_man

Dang the Stargate Atlantis set I bought on Amazon.com for $77us is now $69.99cdn on Amazon.ca.

Since when does Amazon.ca undercut Amazon.com? What is this Bizarro World?

SickBoy

I figured my Future Shop would be all over the $50 deal, but I did have to point it out to them. Was relatively painless, but I wonder why it isn't just in the system to start.

not sure exactly. On the cover page the flyer states it is valid until the 15th, if it was a weekend deal most times the cashiers only check the front and not the individual fine print per item.

I've got the flyer at my desk here (grabbed one for potential PM on Kinect games)... the fine print isn't so fine. It's pretty hard-to-miss red type by the picture of the system.. any cashier who missed it would have to be sleeping on his/her feet... not that can't happen.

TheExodu5

Banned
I think Rogers is throttling Netflix now...or something.

Whenever someone is watching Netflix in the house, I basically can't play online games. Everything lags very badly. I run Speedtest and I still have 8-15mbps of bandwidth left, and yet games are unstable as hell. It's not a router issue because I'm actually plugged into another port of the 4 port modem (its router functionality is disabled, and therefore my PC has a separate IP). There's some extreme QoS going on somewhere which is killing my connection's latency.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Whenever someone is watching Netflix in the house, I basically can't play online games. Everything lags very badly. I run Speedtest and I still have 8-15mbps of bandwidth left, and yet games are unstable as hell. It's not a router issue because I'm actually plugged into another port of the 4 port modem (its router functionality is disabled, and therefore my PC has a separate IP). There's some extreme QoS going on somewhere which is killing my connection's latency.
You could check dslreports. If something's happening, those people would probably know/complained about it.

Cynar

Wouldn't be surprised if they were

More reason to switch over to Teksavvy.

Spend that saved money on US Netflix account.

TheExodu5

Banned
There's always a possibility it's a technical issue with their modem...but hey, since its Rogers, I just assume the worst.

In other news...Futureshop never sent me my Early Access code for The Old Republic. Futureshop is really the worst place to buy games.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There's always a possibility it's a technical issue with their modem...but hey, since its Rogers, I just assume the worst.

In other news...Futureshop never sent me my Early Access code for The Old Republic. Futureshop is really the worst place to buy games.

Based on most posts in this thread, I've come to that conclusion as well.

Though, I'd only go to the actual store for a purchase, or use Steam.

snorggy

ebgames daily doorcrashers rebranded as "12 days of gaming"... starting today with Fable 3 for $15... no apparent URL trickery to see future deals though haha

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ebgames daily doorcrashers rebranded as "12 days of gaming"... starting today with Fable 3 for $15... no apparent URL trickery to see future deals though haha
There's still a list out there apparently.

Tomorrow is Warhammer for 30 and the next day is Brink for 15.

sikkinixx

I wanna get a PS Vita from Futureshop (I have gift cards to pay off most of it) If I pre-order it online do they charge me now? Or when it ships? I hate the idea of them hanging into my money for months.

Anth0ny

Anyone know if I could find Dark Souls for 360 anywhere cheap?

I was going to bite on Amazon for regular price (60), but for some reason, the PS3 version is $10 cheaper. I'm guessing it's just a fluke and I can't get the 360 version anywhere for $50?

Hanzou

Has Rogers had any decent deals with their closing out sale? Drove by one today and thought that it would probably be nothing but crappy deals on junk stuff.

Zing

Banned
Yeah, all those Sandvine appliances are for.... battery backup.
Rogers was basically the founding father of throttling in Canada. I guess they gave up at some point, but with UBB just around the corner, and their inevitable desire to scale back any competing video services, I don't doubt that it will make a comeback.

I've got the flyer at my desk here (grabbed one for potential PM on Kinect games)... the fine print isn't so fine. It's pretty hard-to-miss red type by the picture of the system.. any cashier who missed it would have to be sleeping on his/her feet... not that can't happen.

Ahhh, too bad. I do know WM's still offering the $40 and if anyone can find a Canadian flyer (online or otherwise) at a lower price than $169 they'll price match.

That kinda leads me to something I've been wondering about. Lets say someone isn't exactly the most honest of a consumer, what is stopping them from using an American Toys R Us online flyer, for example, and simply copying the Canadian URL into the address bar, (or changing the .com to .ca)?
Of course it should go without saying (but I have to say it or someone else will) that nothing in this fictional flyer should make reference it's an American flyer eg: US Only, etc.

Oh and btw the Bulletstorm 360 Epic edition is on for $19.83, just in case anyone missed out.

lupinko

Any Saints Row: The Third deals? I want to get it for my friend for Christmas.

Yes, I knew there was a $29.99 one day deal at Bestbuy.com (US) but that's in the US and I couldn't take advantage of that.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ahhh, too bad. I do know WM's still offering the $40 and if anyone can find a Canadian flyer (online or otherwise) at a lower price than $169 they'll price match.

That kinda leads me to something I've been wondering about. Lets say someone isn't exactly the most honest of a consumer, what is stopping them from using an American Toys R Us online flyer, for example, and simply copying the Canadian URL into the address bar, (or changing the .com to .ca)?
Of course it should go without saying (but I have to say it or someone else will) that nothing in this fictional flyer should make reference it's an American flyer eg: US Only, etc.

Oh and btw the Bulletstorm 360 Epic edition is on for $19.83, just in case anyone missed out.
There's nothing stopping them if the store doesn't check the site themselves.

StevieP

Banned
Rogers was basically the founding father of throttling in Canada. I guess they gave up at some point, but with UBB just around the corner, and their inevitable desire to scale back any competing video services, I don't doubt that it will make a comeback.

As far as I can tell, they're still throttling. Just not as aggressively.

If you don't mind a giant YMMV: Staples is clearing out stuff again, anywhere from 25-50% off.

Some choice finds I found:
PS3 Move Heroes - $10
Dissisida 012 - $10
Prof. Layton Unwound Future - $10
Mario Galaxy 2 - $30
Wii Sport Resort + WM+ - $30
BulletStorm Epic Edition - $10(PS3), $20(360)

Not really a deal since they sell all of their PC games for 5.98, but XS Cargo had some pretty recent games on the shelve. I don't remember all the ones I saw but Dead Space 2, Hot Pursuit, Shift 2, Dawn of War 2 Gold(or something like that), Homefront and a few other pretty decent games. Grabbed DS 2 since I knew it would work on my temp GPU.

If you don't mind a giant YMMV: Staples is clearing out stuff again, anywhere from 25-50% off.

Some choice finds I found:
PS3 Move Heroes - $10
Dissisida 012 - $10
Prof. Layton Unwound Future - $10
Mario Galaxy 2 - $30
Wii Sport Resort + WM+ - $30
BulletStorm Epic Edition - $10(PS3), $20(360)

Ooh! Hope that'll be found over the next few days as I can't spend that kind of money at the moment.

Here are all the Staples clearance games (they will scan at this price, additional discounts YMMV):

Code:
Nintendo DS & 3DS :

3DS LEGO Star Wars 3: THE CLONE WARS 9.97
3DS NINTENDOGS & CATS:RETR 29.97
3DS PILOTWINGS RESORT 29.97
3DS STEEL DIVER 29.97
3DS SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 19.97
DS 101 IN 1 SPORTS MEGA MIX 9.97
DS ART ACADEMY 9.97
DS ATV THUNDER RIDGE RIDERS 9.97
DS BIG BRAIN ACADEMY 9.97
DS BIGFOOT COLLISION CRUISE 9.97
DS BRAIN AGE 2 9.97
DS BRAIN AGE:TRAIN YOUR BRAIN 9.97
DS CARNIVAL GAMES 9.97
DS CARS 9.97
DS CRASH: MIND OVER MUTANT 9.97
DS DISNEY'S BOLT 9.97
DS DISNEY'S HANNAH MONTANA 9.97
DS DISNEY FAIRIES: TINKER 9.97
DS DISNEY FRIENDS 9.97
DS DISNEY G-FORCE 9.97
DS DORA SAVES THE SNOW 9.97
DS DRAWN TO LIFE 9.97
DS GAME SYSTEM CARRYING CASE 9.97
DS GAME TRAVELLER NDS125 9.97
DS GO DIEGO GO SAFARI RESC 9.97
DS HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE 9.97
DS HELLO KITTY BIG CITY 9.97
DS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 9.97
DS JEWEL MASTER EGYPT 9.97
DS JUICED 2 HOT IMPORT Nts 9.97
DS KIRBY SUPER STAR ULTRA 19.97
DS MARIO&LUIGI:BOWSER'S INS 29.97
DS MARIO KART 29.97
DS MJ: THE EXPERIENCE 9.97
DS MY LITTLE PONY PINKIE PIE 9.97
DS NICKTOON ATTACK-TOYBOTS 9.97
DS PAWS AND CLAWS REGAL RES 9.97
DS PICROSS 3D 9.97
DS PONY FRIENDS 2 9.97
DS PUZZLER 2K 9.97
DS PUZZLER WORLD 9.97
DS RATATOUILLE 9.97
DS SPONGEBOB GLOBS OF DOOM 9.97
DS SUITE LIFE 2 CIR SPIE 9.97
DS SUPER MARIO 64 19.97
DS SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS 9.97
DS SW:III THE CLONE WARS 9.97
DS THE LEGEND OF SPYRO 9.97
DS TOUCHMASTER 3 9.97
DS UP 9.97
DS YAMAHA SUPERCROSS 9.97
DS (E) PROFESSOR LAYTON & UNWOUND 9.97
DS (F) POKEMON BLACK VERSION 19.97
DS (F) POKEMON WHITE VERSION 19.97

PS3 :

ALIEN VS PREDATOR 9.97
BIOSHOCK (M rated) 9.97
BRINK 19.97
BULLETSTORM 9.97
CALL-DUTY:BLACK OPS 29.97
CALL OF JUAREZ: BOUND IN 9.97
CASTLEVANIA LORDS SHAD 19.97
CRYSIS 2 29.97
DEAD RISING 2 19.97
DRAGON AGE 2 PS3 19.97
EYE PET 9.97
FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 19.97
(E) GOD OF WAR 1&2 COLLECT 9.97
(E) GOD OF WAR III 19.97
(F) GOD OF WAR 1&2 COLL 9.97
(F) GOD OF WAR III 19.97
HOMEFRONT 19.97
LOTR: ARAGORN'S QUEST 29.97
MADDEN 2011 9.97
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 19.97
MASS EFFECT 2 19.97
MEDAL OF HONOR LTD ED 9.97
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 9.97
MODNATION 9.97
MORTAL KOMBAT 29.97
MOVE HEROES 9.97
MOVE MICHAEL JACKSON 29.97
MX VS ATV UNTAMED 9.97
NHL 11 29.97
OBLIVION GH (M rated) 9.97
RATCHET & CLANK TOD GH 9.97
SONIC UNLEASHED 9.97
SPORTS CHAMPIONS 29.97
START THE PARTY 19.97 9.97
STAR WARS III THE CLONE WARS 19.97
THE FIGHT: LIGHTS OUT 9.97
TIGER WOODS 2011 19.97
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 12 29.97
TWO WORLDS 2 29.97

PSP :

DISSIDIA O12 FINAL FANTANSY 9.97
God Of War Chain Of Olympus 9.97
God Of War GHOST OF SPARTA 9.97
INVIZIMALS 9.97
MICHAEL JACKSON THE EXPERIENCE 9.97
MODNATION 9.97
SOCOM: FIRETEAM BRAVO 3 9.97

XBOX 360 :

ALIEN VS PREDATOR 9.97
ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD 29.97
BIOSHOCK (M rated) 9.97
BULLY SCHOLARSHIP ED. 9.97
BRINK 19.97
BULLETSTORM 19.97
(E) CALL-DUTY:BLACK OPS 29.97
CASTLEVANIA LORDS SHADOW 19.97
CRASH: MIND OVER MUT 9.97
CRYSIS 2 29.97
DEAD RISING 2 19.97
DEAD SPACE 2 LIMITED EDITION 19.97
DRAGON AGE 2 19.97
(E) FABLE 3 29.97
(F) FABLE 3 29.97
(E) FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 19.97
(F) FALLOUT NEW VEGAS 19.97
HOMEFRONT 19.97
KINECT JOY RIDE 9.97
KINECT MICHAEL JACKSON 29.97
KINECT YOUR SHAPE:FITNESS 29.97
MADDEN NFL 2011 9.97
MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 19.97
MEDAL OF HONOR LTD ED 9.97
MORTAL KOMBAT 29.97
MX VS ATV UNTAMED 9.97
NEED FOR SPEED SHIFT 9.97
NHL 11 29.97
OBLIVION (M rated) 9.97
SAINTS ROW 2 (M rated) 9.97
Star Wars III THE CLONE WARS 19.97
TIGER WOODS 2011 19.97
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 12 29.97
TWO WORLDS 2 29.97

Wii :

101 IN 1 PARTY MEGA MIX 9.97
101 IN 1 SPORTS MEGA 9.97
BIGFOOT COLLISION CO 9.97
BUILD-N-RACE 9.97
CARNIVAL GAMES 9.97
CARS RACE O RAMA ENG 9.97
CHARM GIRLS CLUB:PAJAMA 9.97
CHICKEN RIOT 9.97
CRASH: MIND OVER MUTANT 9.97
CW:THE ANIMATED 9.97
DISNEY EPIC MICKEY 19.97
DISNEY G-FORCE 9.97
DISNEY PRINCESS ENCHANTED 9.97
DISNEYS BOLT 9.97
DORA SAVES CRYSTAL KING 9.97
(E) CALL-DUTY:BLACK 19.97
FISHING MASTER WORLD 9.97
FLING SMASH 29.97
GO DIEGO GO DINOSAUR 9.97
GUITAR HERO 5 SOFTWARE 19.97
HANNA MONTANA-MOVIE 9.97
KIRBY'S EPIC YARN 29.97
LEGO HARRY POTTER 9.97
Lord Of The Ring ARAGORN'S QUEST 9.97
MADAGASCAR 2 ESCAPE 9.97
MADAGASCAR KARTZ 9.97
MADDEN NFL 2011 9.97
METROID 9.97
Micheal Jackson THE EXPERIENCE 29.97
MONSTER TRUCK MAYHEM 9.97
OOPS PRANK PARTY 100 9.97
PERFECT SHOT 9.97
REAL HEROES: FIREFIGHTER 9.97
REC ROOM BL 9.97
REEL FISHING: ANGLER'S 9.97
RELOAD BL 9.97
REMINGTON NORTH AMER 9.97
REMINGTON SUPER SLAM 9.97
RESIDENT EVIL THE UMB 9.97
ROCK BAND 3 (SOFTWARE) 9.97
SHIMANO XTREME FISHING 9.97
SKIDOO SNOMOBILE CHALLENGE 9.97
SPONGEBOB ATLANTIS SQ 9.97
SPORTS RESORT 29.97
SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 29.97
SUPER MARIO GALAXY 9.97
Star Wars III THE CLONE WARS 19.97
Star Wars THE FORCE UNLEASED 2 9.97
THINK FAST 9.97
TIGER WOODS 2011 19.97
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 12 19.97
TOY STORY 3 9.97
TRANSFORMERS (English) 9.97
UP 9.97
WINTER SPORTS 9.97
Wii FAMILY PARTY:30 WINTER 9.97
Wii GAME PARTY 9.97
Wii GAME PARTY 2 9.97
Wii PARTY 29.97

Luigi87

Bah, apparently the Staples clearance began back on Sunday.

My local Staples was cleaned out... All I wanted was Layton 3 =(

Zing

Banned
As far as I can tell, they're still throttling. Just not as aggressively.

I have witnessed absolutely no throttling on Rogers. I download torrents at max speed. Uploads are also at max speed, unlike when I was on Bell's DSL network (via Teksavvy). I also see no affect on my other downloads via usenet if I happen to be running bittorrent at the same time (a common complaint).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have witnessed absolutely no throttling on Rogers. I download torrents at max speed. Uploads are also at max speed, unlike when I was on Bell's DSL network (via Teksavvy). I also see no affect on my other downloads via usenet if I happen to be running bittorrent at the same time (a common complaint).

well, they have have changed over the years. however, i was with rogers as soon as i got back from korea about 5? years ago? they most certainly fucking throttled and shaped back then.

i'm with teksavvy and no complaints! FUCK ROBBERS AND HELL!

Zing

Banned
Yes, I switched to Teksavvy DSL many years ago due to Rogers horrible traffic shaping and soft/hard caps. Unfortunately, DSL has fallen far behind cable in both speed and quality of the connection, while cable has cleaned up its act.

I used to recommend Teksavvy DSL every chance I had. Now, I would never recommend any form of DSL to anyone in Ontario. I'd recommend plain old Rogers cable over any DSL now. I am in an apartment with a shared Rogers connection and it blows my old DSL out of the water. I will be moving in a month and switching to Teksavvy cable there.

Cable has no throttling, no shaping, and is 4x faster than DSL even at the low end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom