• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind a giant YMMV: Staples is clearing out stuff again, anywhere from 25-50% off.

Some choice finds I found:
PS3 Move Heroes - $10
Dissisida 012 - $10
Prof. Layton Unwound Future - $10
Mario Galaxy 2 - $30
Wii Sport Resort + WM+ - $30
BulletStorm Epic Edition - $10(PS3), $20(360)

Thanks... I managed to grab Dissidia duodecim for a tenner... good deal... I'll probably not get around to it until after Xmas, but if they bring the PSP passport transfer program to NA, I'll be able to load this on my Vita for another $5 or so...

Anyone else experiencing this? Large Teksavvy cable outage in Toronto area.

Date: 12/15/2011 09:33
Details: We are currently experiencing Cable Internet DHCP issues in Brampton, Ottawa and Toronto. A master ticket has been opened with Rogers. There is no ETA at this time.

For more Information, see http://blogs.teksavvy.com

If I get into SW:TOR today, I'm going to be annoyed if this doesn't get resolved by the time I get home. :/ Went out around 10:30 last night.

Median

If I get into SW:TOR today, I'm going to be annoyed if this doesn't get resolved by the time I get home. :/ Went out around 10:30 last night.

Not experiencing it up in the Yonge/Eglinton area right now. Hopefully I don't lose it :(

I live in toronto and have teksavvy cable, works great right now.

I live in toronto and have teksavvy cable, works great right now.

Went out for me last night. I've been trying to connect to my PC at home with no luck. Hopefully I just need to reset everything when I get home and it will work again but that didn't work at all last night. :./

Proc

Not experiencing it up in the Yonge/Eglinton area right now. Hopefully I don't lose it :(

I was out for a multiple days with Teksavvy in yonge/lawrence.

Checked on DSL Reports and saw this wasn't an isolated issue.

Experienced the ineptness of tech support that relies upon Rogers' infrastructure and promptly switched to Rogers Cable Internet.

You have to decide between up time and support vs cost and caps.

My job relies upon the internet so I chose the prior.

Tiktaalik

Scored at Staples and got Layton for $5. 50% off $9.99. Probably the only time I've ever gotten what I was hoping for at one of these Staples YMMV sales.

Why does Staples even sell games? They carry barely anything and always seem to be dumping their stock for huge discounts.

RCSS

Forza 4 $54.99
Gears 3 $54.99
Limit 2 each:
XBL 1400 points $14.99
XBL 2800 points $24.99
12 month gold $49.99
360 wireless headset $59.99
Silver 360 controller $59.99
Just Dance 3 $34.99
Batman AC $39.99
Lego HP 5-7 $39.99
Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2, Disneyland $39.99 each
BF3, Skyrim, ACR, MW3, UC3 $54.99
Zelda SS $44.99

Zellers

BOG1/2 on <=$29.99 games

Futureshop

Trade 2 from list:
- SW: The Old Republic, Dualshock Bundles (Uncharted, Resistance, GOW), MW3, SR3, NFS Run, AC:R, Skyrim

GE 007, Rage, WWE 12 - $39.99
Disney Universe - $29.99
Disney Land Adventures -$29.99
Warhammer Space Marine $29.99
Watch and Play bundles 2 for $30
PS Move Medieval Moves Bundle - $79.99
PS3 320GB Uncharted with MGS4 & GOW3 - $299.99
BOGO on all Move games
RDR GOTY $39.99 ($29.99 on Amazon.ca)

Best Buy

Disneyland $29.99
360 Kinect 4GB with Just Dance 3 $299.99
Cabela's bundles $59.99 each
LBP and GOW3 with 160GB PS3 $249.99
RDR GOTY, LA Noire GOTY, WWE 12, Goldeneye $39.99 each
UDraw tablet $49.99

Shoppers

3DS $139.99

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, I was just at RCSS last week for the 25$ deal. I can't stop myself from buying points cards. The deals must end.

Are Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Cards available in Canada?
Spotted at Toys R Us too. Yeah. They're kinda hard to find.

AeZa-wiCEAEdHfc.jpg:large

This was at a Richmond Hill TRU last month.

Came back to my (family) home in Vancouver, where I get my stuff shipped.

Someone opened my Zelda:Skyward Sword SE, tearing the box open.

Futureshop is really not winning me over with their shipping.

Spike

Sony and Nintendo 3DS point cards, no. Because you are taxed at the store itself.

DS/Wii and MS Points will be taxable.

Thanks.
So what is stopping people from putting in Alberta as your province and you're in Ontario? Is there safeguards in the eshop that can pick up on this, or can someone save some money avoiding a portion of the tax?

Thanks.
So what is stopping people from putting in Alberta as your province and you're in Ontario? Is there safeguards in the eshop that can pick up on this, or can someone save some money avoiding a portion of the tax?
Same question can be asked with Apple and Steam, in reality, they can't do anything. In their TOS, they may have mentioned that it's rights for termination.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just posted this on GameDealsCanada. Try your luck:

Ltd qty: Resistance 3: Doomsday Edition is $30 ($119 off) @ FutureShop - http://ow.ly/81JyJ - Check your store
My local FS showed stock but there wasn't any when I got there. I wasn't the only one there looking either. At least I got a total of 4 street passes for my 3DS. :)

joedick

DS/Wii and MS Points will be taxable.

I bought a Wii card at Zellers the other day and no tax was charged. They charged tax on the old points cards which I guess were considered regular merchandise. But these new cards are treated like gift cards, so I guess that's why thet didn't add it. I suppode YMMV.

iphys

Are Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Cards available in Canada?

I've also seen them at the Source, and I've heard someone else mention Shoppers Drug Mart, so I don't think they're that hard to find now, but they've only become available just recently. I guess Nintendo realized they better finally get the cards out in time for x-mas.

I bought a Wii card at Zellers the other day and no tax was charged. They charged tax on the old points cards which I guess were considered regular merchandise. But these new cards are treated like gift cards, so I guess that's why thet didn't add it. I suppode YMMV.

My assumption was that Alpha was saying the points card isn't taxed on purchase, so it's "taxed" when you buy the game through Nintendo's store.

I'm damn tempted to switch to this. Haggle my way out of my Rogers nonsense and get on that... hmmmmm.

Girlfriend is interested in the deal, but not sure if Wind's reception has gotten better since launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom