• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a Humble Indie Bundle 3 code that I'd rather give to one of you guys. I'll give it for free but it'd be nice if someone gifted me Faerie Solitaire which is $1 right now. The bundle includes the following games.

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

EDIT: Gone.

UberTag

Yeah, so far the flyers aren't bad, but really nothing on the gaming front we haven't seen before in a non-Boxing Week environment. A little disappointing because places like Walmart have often/usually 1/2-priced their bargain bins (that said, do I really need more backlog?)
Pseudo-matching of US Black Friday/Cyber Monday offerings is going to dilute the Boxing Day bang for the buck this year. Seeing a lot of items marked down to the same promotion level they were just a few weeks ago.

krae_man

I can't think of anything I want really. I'll probably just stroll in the mall an hour or so after they open and snag some Blurays, and maybe a cheap game or two.

I have an unused Uncharted 3 online pass and Starhawk multiplayer beta. PM if you want it.

Not really looking for anything in exchange but maybe a spare Club Nintendo code or something if you have it. ;)

Nope. I also went and called CS this morning to ask where my game is and they told me it's on backorder. Yep I ordered on july24th and its on backorder for me now. smh futureshop, this will be the last game I ever order from them.
Same, they said they will contact the manufacturer to see when more stock will be coming in. :/

UberTag

Staples Boxing Day flyer is now live.

They boast the lowest price on Xbox 360 Arcades thus far. 4 GB standalone systems marked down to $99. That's $30 less than Shoppers.

Popstar

A is analog as opposed to digital I believe. I have the HS1A and goddamn, the microphone doesn't work well at all. Almost nothing but static.

Sears Boxing Day: 50% off all video games, in-store only.

FS Boxing Day:

XBOX 360 4GB $129.99
3DS $139.99
XBOX 360 4GB Kinect bundle $199.99
160GB PS3 $199.99
Kinect Gunslinger bundle $99.99
24" Playstation 3D Monitor $299.99
R3 and KZ3 Sharpshooter bundle $129.99
Gears of War 3, Batman Arkham City, AC Revelations, Madden 12, NHL 12, Battlefield 3, FIFA 12, Dark Souls, Saints Row The Third, Rage, NBA 2K12, Ace Combat Assault Horizon, Call of Duty Black Ops - $39.99 each
Mortal Kombat, SOCOM 4, LA Noire, Ratchet All 4 One, Assassin's Creed bundle, KZ3 $29.99 each
WoW Lich King, WoW Cataclysm, Civ 5, Kinect Sports $19.99 each
Bioshock 2, Halo Reach, Duke Nukem Forever $9.99 each
World of Warcraft Battle Chest for PC - $9.99
MW3 $49.99
Skyrim $54.99

Best Buy:

160GB PS3 $199.99
24" Playstation 3D Monitor $299.99
GOW3, LBP GOTY, Ratchet ToD, inFamous $14.99 each
3DS $139.99
Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Madden 12, NHL 12, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Batman Arkham City, Forza 4, NFS The Run, Saints Row 3, Dark Souls, FIFA 12, Ace Combat - $39.99 each
Rage, Dead Island, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Mortal Kombat, Starcraft 2, Sonic Generations, LA Noire, Lego HP 5-7, Disney Universe - $29.99 each
Halo Reach, AC Brotherhood, Just Dance 2, Just Dance, Dirt 3, WoW Cataclysm $19.99 each
Kinect Sensor Gunstringer Bundle with 3 Games - $99.99
Kinect Sports, Kinect Sports Season Two, Dance Central, Dance Central 2 - $29.99
MW3 $49.99
Blops $39.99
MW2 $24.99
MW1 $14.99

Kazerei

Banned
Sears Boxing Day: 50% off all video games, in-store only.

FS Boxing Day:

-xbox games eg Dark Souls, NBA 2K, RAGE, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS, GEARS OF WAR, SAINTS ROW, ASSASSINS CREED 39.99 REG. 59.99
-3ds $140
-Monster Earphones $39.99 Reg. 139.99
-xbox 360 4gb with Kinect sensor 199.99
-ps3 160gb 199.99

Hmm, I already bought Dark Souls as a gift for a friend, but I won't actually see him until New Year's Eve. I guess I'll return it tomorrow, and then buy it on Boxing Day.

Hmm. I may have to head for Sears on Boxing Day morning. I want to grab MGS collection and GoW Origins collection for half off.

Deadly

Might try Sears. Doubt they have anything good though at my location. Will definitely buy Dark Souls for 40$ though.

Also why oh why of all mouses did they have to put the G700 on sale?!

Bruiserk

I'm tempted for Rage and Sonic Generations @ Best Buy, but last time I checked Sonic Gen for PS3 was sold out at the Surrey central location in BC :/

EDIT: Just checked online and it seems like they do have some in stock, NOBODY STEAL IT FROM ME. Also, does amazon.ca do boxing day sales? (I doubt it)

Firestorm

I'm tempted for Rage and Sonic Generations @ Best Buy, but last time I checked Sonic Gen for PS3 was sold out at the Surrey central location in BC :/

EDIT: Just checked online and it seems like they do have some in stock, NOBODY STEAL IT FROM ME. Also, does amazon.ca do boxing day sales? (I doubt it)
Yes Amazon will do some sales.

Where is my Rayman Origins bomba pricing? I was fully expecting it for $30 ;_; May need to try my luck at Sears.

Sort of tempted by the Logitech C910 webcam at Staples for $60.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Only things I'm really looking for on Boxing Day is going to be a TV or a nice monitor, hopefully there are some good ones.

WTF - 43" Samsung Plasma HDTV with HDMI and USB - $299 @ Leon's?!

mf.luder

Things I'm looking for is the cheapest copy of Rage I can find. So far walmart at 29 seems like it, unless sears can pull through. Also, the $99 Xbox from staples is tempting. Will try to line up for that. Got a guy on the inside at my local staples, hopefully he can tell me how many they received and if it's worth battling RFD'ers.

Ricker

Looks like I'll be price protecting myself by buying a second one and returning the first one.

Besides the input/output issue,do you like the set Stum?....I'm really tempted to get one at that price,just to play stuff like Uncharted 3 in 3d...and of course the 3D Blu-Ray movies work as well right?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hm... too many games to choose from, I already have a huge backlog. I'm looking at...

Rayman Origins - $39.99
Rage - $29.99
SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $29.99
Gears of War 3 - $34.99

:(.

I'm thinking about the 3D monitor. It's funny that the BB and FS boxing day flyers are the worst I've seen in some time. Nice to see that I got a real steel of a deal on my appliances thought (that's another story).

I might pick up another PS3 as well for the bedroom...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Besides the input/output issue,do you like the set Stum?....I'm really tempted to get one at that price,just to play stuff like Uncharted 3 in 3d...and of course the 3D Blu-Ray movies work as well right?

Haven't unpacked yet, it's a family Christmas gift for the missus.

Yes 3D Blu-Rays work I know that for sure. I did try the set in FutureShop and was pretty impressed by the simulview (for when you're playing a 2-player game "split-screen", each player can use the full screen). I bought Pirates of the Caribbean 4 to watch on it, and I'll be mostly playing Super Stardust HD (which I tried on another 3DTV, it was awesome) and Uncharted 3 I expect.

Spike

When Staples says 'Minimum: 3 per store', what does that even mean? Okay, there will be at least 3 systems at the store, so they may only have 4 systems total, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom