• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kud Dukan

Does anyone own the 3D Playstation Monitor? Wouldn't mind getting some impressions. I've been considering getting one at some point, and $299.99 seems like a pretty decent price for it.

Firestorm

Anything not behind glass is likely gutted (at least that's what we did at mine).

And I don't want to pay $40 for the game after missing $40 for the game + art book at Amazon.com :(

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Does anyone own the 3D Playstation Monitor? Wouldn't mind getting some impressions. I've been considering getting one at some point, and $299.99 seems like a pretty decent price for it.
I got mine for $95 and I wouldn't pay anymore than to be honest.

+Picture quality is good minus a little washed out red color.
+3D is decent/good

-Light bleed from the right side
-Abysmal, flat sound
-Whining pitch when on
-Poor viewing angles, anything past 45° is washed out
-Screen randomly goes black for a few seconds
-Limited inputs
-No remote (any Sony remote works)
-Poor customer service

I'm on my second display and I just got it yesterday. Note that these are based on my first display.

I'm using mine right now to type this very message. I think it's a great display for use as a computer monitor or for dorm/bedroom gaming but I wouldn't use it as your primary go-to television. Put them money to a larger, non-3D, set for that. I turn to my 47" for television and movie watching. I have my gaming PC and a second PS3 hooked up to the PS3 display and it has served me great for the past month that I've been using it. 3D looks great but you will get a bit of cross talk at times.

Getting 3D to work on my PC with NVIDIA took a bit of a trick since it isn't supported by their 3DTV play but I managed a work around.

Honestly though, I haven't used the 3D on pc that much. 3D on the net is still in the "wild west" territory right now.

Ondore

Thank the Canadian dollar being near par. The only time you see $60 first-party Nintendo stuff was Galaxy 2 when the dollar was in the high 80's.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a question about this ad at EB.

RY734.png

Does that mean you get the trade value plus the card or just the card? I'm assuming it's just the card but I wanted to make sure.

Mikey Jr.

RY734.png

Does that mean you get the trade value plus the card or just the card? I'm assuming it's just the card but I wanted to make sure.

Trade in value plus the card.

If it was just the card, it wouldnt exactly be "free", now would it?

Stage On

Any good deals for Skylanders?

Both Walmart and Toys r us have it for $60 which is $10 off but I'm hoping for more considering the added cost of getting additional figures.

Whats the best 3DS deal coming up on boxing day? I'm also gonna go the US for a couple of days so I'm trying to figure out if I should just get it there.

Zing

Banned
If you're in Toronto, the indie stores might have them. I would imagine A&C would have some?

I went shopping for a GBA at A&C and they had the shittiest systems you could imagine. I drove all the way downtown because they claimed they had "one in the box". I wrongfully assumed it would be in decent shape. It was literally just a GBA loose in the box with no insert or other packaging. The screen had a big scratch on the front. I checked every GBA they had and this was the best one.

Their prices are also sky high. I'm not even talking "a little on the high side". I mean ultra super high.

Oh, and I arrived at 11am, their posted opening time. No one showed up until 11:50. I posted on their Facebook page asking if the hours were wrong because no one was there. They sure were quick in deleting my wall post. Maybe next time they focus on getting to work instead.

If you can't already tell, I will never shop there again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I went shopping for a GBA at A&C and they had the shittiest systems you could imagine. I drove all the way downtown because they claimed they had "one in the box". I wrongfully assumed it would be in decent shape. It was literally just a GBA loose in the box with no insert or other packaging. The screen had a big scratch on the front. I checked every GBA they had and this was the best one.

Their prices are also sky high. I'm not even talking "a little on the high side". I mean ultra super high.

Well, when you're the only game in town specializing on older stuff, I suppose you can get away with specialty pricing.

Even Gamecentre CX charges a lot for the few rare NES/SNES carts they have... and I assume Gamearama does the same.

Quick

Banned
Future Shop and Best Buy have the 16GB iPad 2 for $498.99.

If you go the Future Shop route, you could trade in Uncharted 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Skyrim, and get $150 towards the 16GB iPad 2.

So, that's $498.99 + tax (13% in Ontario) = $563.86 - $150 = $413.86.

The two offers (trade-in value for games and 16GB iPad 2 sale) ends on Saturday, December 24th.

I would absolutely take advantage of this, but I already traded in Skyrim and MW3, and my copy of Uncharted 3 from my PS3 bundle is going to be a gift for someone.

Big Chungus

Anyone know if you can use a Walmart gift card to buy gift cards for other stores?

The Walmart close to me sells Futureshop gift cards and i'd rather buy from there...

ElNino

RY734.png

Just the card. It's not "free", but assuming the game(s) you trade don't have exactly a $20 value then you getting topped up.

Oh, and I arrived at 11am, their posted opening time. No one showed up until 11:50. I posted on their Facebook page asking if the hours were wrong because no one was there. They sure were quick in deleting my wall post. Maybe next time they focus on getting to work instead.

You made the mistake of not going to Game Centre. I like A & C for browsing but their prices are too high and that store is too small.

x3r0123

any good deals on wiimote + nunchucks and sensor bar? I realized that i need them for skyward sword and I sold my wii a long time ago

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a Humble Indie Bundle 3 code that I'd rather give to one of you guys. I'll give it for free but it'd be nice if someone gifted me Faerie Solitaire which is $1 right now. The bundle includes the following games.

Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

EDIT: Gone.
If no Canadians want it then I'll see if someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom