• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3r0123

staples has 360 4gb model for $99 as a boxing day sale
there is also a discount on the 3ds but forgot how much. (this was not in staples)

Firestorm

Sooo anyone have experience buying online from Chapters and returning with in-store receipt? Because I really don't want to pay cover price for books and it's 3 days before Christmas...

Giard

Just got Deus Ex:HR for 29.99 new at EBGames. Didn't even know it was on sale.
Dead Island was on sale too for the same price.

SickBoy

Thanks to VisitableElf... I'd been planning to wait until it hit $20 to pick up Bulletstorm (and had been waffling on HMV's $25 price). Nice bonus to get it at $10 :)

EDIT: Would really consider Dead Island, but I need to wade through some of my ever-growing backlog. (and I'm 99% confident Deus Ex is coming on Christmas morning, meaning it only grows larger).

Anyone see any gtx 560ti's on sale for boxing day? I stupidly missed that memoryexpress deal, and now im kicking myself.

I needs BF3 at maximum!

Deadly

Anyone see any gtx 560ti's on sale for boxing day? I stupidly missed that memoryexpress deal, and now im kicking myself.

I needs BF3 at maximum!
haha I'm waiting on the same thing. Most online computer stores haven't revealed their boxing day lineup yet,.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sooo anyone have experience buying online from Chapters and returning with in-store receipt? Because I really don't want to pay cover price for books and it's 3 days before Christmas...
Oh, you're planning to do the Futureshop game thing? lol

I haven't returned anything there in a while, but the stores should do the return without any troubles.

Firestorm

Oh, you're planning to do the Futureshop game thing? lol

I haven't returned anything there in a while, but the stores should do the return without any troubles.
Basically. I haven't bought anything in a real bookstore in so long and now I realized why. Cover price on everything what the hell. Firestorm is not used to paying MSRP on things... If only final projects didn't get in the way of me looking at this stuff earlier -.-

Quick

Banned

Basically. I haven't bought anything in a real bookstore in so long and now I realized why. Cover price on everything what the hell. Firestorm is not used to paying MSRP on things... If only final projects didn't get in the way of me looking at this stuff earlier -.-

I work at a Chapters, lots of people do this. :p

You're good to go.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The last thing I bought in a Chapters was the LotR trilogy box set in September 2001 and that was on a whim because I was driving by and I wanted to read them before Fellowship came out in theatres that fall. When I got home and checked the price on Amazon I saw it was a few bucks cheaper but with the old Visa trick I could've saved an extra $10. I was too stupid to return them. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The last thing I bought in a Chapters was the LotR trilogy box set in September 2001 and that was on a whim because I was driving by and I wanted to read them before Fellowship came out in theatres that fall. When I got home and checked the price on Amazon I saw it was a few bucks cheaper but with the old Visa trick I could've saved an extra $10. I was too stupid to return them. :(

God, I miss those days.

Firestorm

I work at a Chapters, lots of people do this. :p

You're good to go.
It was glorious getting $10 off every single purchase. :(
Ok so I just also found a $5 off $25 or more coupon for Chapters. So I split everything into three different orders. Also found out Plum Rewards are free and give me an additional 5% off. I used one account with the Plum Rewards to make two orders then I had to make another WITHOUT Plum Rewards because the discount made it so I couldn't hit $25 for the free shipping and coupon @_@

This was the most complicated shit ever.

Store Order: $83.97 for 4 books
Online Order: $68.44 for 6 books

Yeah I saved so much money I had enough left to buy myself a book, an extra book for one of my cousins, and will be able to add an iTunes gift card on top for two of my other cousins... Yay internet!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ok so I just also found a $5 off $25 or more coupon for Chapters. So I split everything into three different orders. Also found out Plum Rewards are free and give me an additional 5% off. I used one account with the Plum Rewards to make two orders then I had to make another WITHOUT Plum Rewards because the discount made it so I couldn't hit $25 for the free shipping and coupon @_@

This was the most complicated shit ever.

Store Order: $83.97 for 4 books
Online Order: $68.44 for 6 books

Yeah I saved so much money I had enough left to buy myself a book, an extra book for one of my cousins, and will be able to add an iTunes gift card on top for two of my other cousins... Yay internet!

Was that a one time use coupon?

Fuzzy

I didn't know about the other rewards program. I thought they still only had the one you had to pay for. I now see they have both. I'll once again consider Chapters when buying books.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't know about the other rewards program. I thought they still only had the one you had to pay for. I now see they have both.
Yeah, Plum membership. I screwed up and they generated a new number for me, so I lose out on the 5 points or whatever that I had from before.

Firestorm

I didn't know about the other rewards program. I thought they still only had the one you had to pay for. I now see they have both. I'll once again consider Chapters when buying books.
Yeah, I always thought you had to pay for it too. They should really call out that it's free. When you use Plum Rewards, the prices match Amazon.ca and with the $5 coupon it actually makes it cheaper. Chapters worth ordering from again!

Fuzzy

Yeah, I always thought you had to pay for it too. They should really call out that it's free. When you use Plum Rewards, the prices match Amazon.ca and with the $5 coupon it actually makes it cheaper. Chapters worth ordering from again!
The amount of free Amazon money I get each month from Swagbucks will probably keep me going there though.

Quick

Banned
You should tell your managers that the retail locations should charge the same price as the online store. :p

Bro, you don't know how many times I get people telling me this, and I agree with it. :p

Yeah, Plum membership. I screwed up and they generated a new number for me, so I lose out on the 5 points or whatever that I had from before.

You get 10 points per dollar. 2500 is the first redemption level, which is $5 off. If you really care, you could ask a store to merge the two accounts together or something to get the points in one account.

I always mention it's free when I talk about it. Makes giving it out easier.

The amount of free Amazon money I get each month from Swagbucks will probably keep me going there though.

For a second, I thought you were referring to Starbucks. :p

Willectro

Banned
You should tell your managers that the retail locations should charge the same price as the online store. :p

Overhead. Some people don't like shopping online / want their product instantly / want to see the item IRL before purchasing. If you want the online prices, shop online.

Hereafter

If you anyone is in Calgary, I was thinking of sell my Saints Row the Third for the PS3. If has the online pass and the pre-order DLC Genki pack.

$30 PM if interested, otherwise, I'll just throw it on ebay.

Zing

Banned
Over on RFD people are reporting that it was an error and will be 130$ just like all the other stores. Just fyi.

I asked my girlfriend, who is receiver at my local store. She said she was only given a list of the items for the sale, but not prices. She also says they were not permitted to view the flyer ahead of time. That made me laugh, since everyone in the world has already seen it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Overhead. Some people don't like shopping online / want their product instantly / want to see the item IRL before purchasing. If you want the online prices, shop online.
Eh, FutureBuy manages to do this just fine and they have just as much, if not more, retail overhead.

Bro, you don't know how many times I get people telling me this, and I agree with it. :p
You'd think management would get a clue!

You get 10 points per dollar. 2500 is the first redemption level, which is $5 off. If you really care, you could ask a store to merge the two accounts together or something to get the points in one account.
Hrm, that's true I suppose.

Bust a Move Universe 3DS is also $10 at Bestbuy. :)

I'll try to grab it on BD or later, if it's still that cheap.

And yes, I got a red 3DS! :D I ordered the Hori screen protectors as soon as I got back, will hopefully arrive around new year's. :)

Gave it a quick spin, right now I'm using the sheet that was between the screens as protection, I tested out Diamond, and I must say, I cannot see what all the fuss was about the "blurry scaling", looked crystal-clear to me. :) What was the native-res command again?

schlew

Bust a Move Universe 3DS is also $10 at Bestbuy. :)

I'll try to grab it on BD or later, if it's still that cheap.

And yes, I got a red 3DS! :D I ordered the Hori screen protectors as soon as I got back, will hopefully arrive around new year's. :)

Gave it a quick spin, right now I'm using the sheet that was between the screens as protection, I tested out Diamond, and I must say, I cannot see what all the fuss was about the "blurry scaling", looked crystal-clear to me. :) What was the native-res command again?

Hold start down after you select the DS game, and keep holding until the game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom