• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sears at Pacific Centre is pretty bare for games.

The downtown HMV still has terrible deals. Blu-Rays are 10% off, and discounts are all over the place. Games range from 15% off (new stuff) to 50% (old stuff at $40-60 regular).

Firestorm

The Sears at Pacific Centre is pretty bare for games.

The downtown HMV still has terrible deals. Blu-Rays are 10% off, and discounts are all over the place. Games range from 15% off (new stuff) to 50% (old stuff at $40-60 regular).
Agree that it's pretty much useless but if you want the Canada Hockey Gold 2010 Blu-Ray set, they have it for $10 each which makes it a pretty nice souvenir of the Olympics. They have the DVD set at the same price.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder if Rayman will be a rare game later on, since it was clearly sent to die. It seems like something they'd avoid printing many copies of anyway.

No_Style

Staples deals are up. If you're looking for a PS3 or 360, it's relevant.

Also KZ3 & LBP2 for $19.99 each ($20 off)

BTW, I've compiled a round-up here for GameDealsCanada. If anyone wants to scrape all that and post it here, feel free. I haven't had the time to format it right for GAF like I did last year. :(

Mikey Jr.

Staples deals are up. If you're looking for a PS3 or 360, it's relevant.

Also KZ3 & LBP2 for $19.99 each ($20 off)

BTW, I've compiled a round-up here for GameDealsCanada. If anyone wants to scrape all that and post it here, feel free. I haven't had the time to format it right for GAF like I did last year. :(

"CORRECTION NOTICE:
The following error appears in our December 26, 2011 flyer.
Page #4 Xbox 360 4GB Console sku #902217.
The price shown ($99.99) is incorrect.
The price should be $128.99
We sincerely regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. "

Too good to be true.

SickBoy

"CORRECTION NOTICE:
The following error appears in our December 26, 2011 flyer.
Page #4 Xbox 360 4GB Console sku #902217.
The price shown ($99.99) is incorrect.
The price should be $128.99
We sincerely regret any inconvenience we may have caused you. "

Too good to be true.

They'd better have big copies of that pasted on their doors tonight, because I'm sure there are a few Boxing Day crazies who'll be loading up on rage-o-hol for just this kind of situation.

Cynar

I'm wondering if it is worth it to upgrade my GTX 460 768mb to a GTX 560 1gb at $159. That price is hot.

You could probably hold out a little longer for the new nvidia cards to come out since the gtx 460 is still pretty good, and if you waited til then and still wanted a 560 the price will have come down a little farther from that as well.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Having trouble deciding... I want a new TV.

Should I try and get that 32" RCA for $195 at Loblaws, or the Dynex 32" at Best Buy for $199?

You could probably hold out a little longer for the new nvidia cards to come out since the gtx 460 is still pretty good, and if you waited til then and still wanted a 560 the price will have come down a little farther from that as well.

IIRC the gtx560 is just a 460 OC'ed so no.

Thanks. I'm just going to wait a few more months. My 460 is serving me well enough.

sikkinixx

All I want is two things: a 2500k and a Asus Gene-Z mobo. NCIX looks like my only hope of getting a deal. If not, then I order the 2500k from Futureshop and use my gift card.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Unless I'm missing something, where's kz3 and lbp2 for $20 each?
Click on PlayStation 3 then scroll down and you can see the deal under Staples. He's not saying it's up to buy right now, just that he's posted the Staples deals on his site.

RS4-

Click on PlayStation 3 then scroll down and you can see the deal under Staples. He's not saying it's up to buy right now, just that he's posted the Staples deals on his site.

LOL!

I clicked on the 360 tab. I'm so out of it. Thanks

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, Dynex is the Best Buy/Future Shop house brand.

http://www.hdtvreview.com/Dynex-DX-32L200A12-hdtv.html this is the Dynex TV

I can't find anything for the RCA but:
32"
60HZ
720p
3 HDMI inputs
1 PC input
LCD

Is the info that Loblaws' site has.

Ah, well, I guess the best bet would be to look at them in store to see if the picture is good, since on paper they look fairly equivalent. I know I went out of my way to get a 32" that did 1080p, but it was probably more than the 200 dollars they're charging now.

krae_man

8PM is here. Happy online shopping.

Edit: WTF, EB's website didn't update at 8pm. I want Rayman and Devil Survivor Overclocked dammit!

krae_man

My god I'm waiting in a massive checkout line to get American Dad Season 6 for $9.99 and a couple of random cheap blurays to qualify for free shipping. I'm only at 16%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom