• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

If you go to the store tomorrow, it will be closed.

I think it will be the same price on Monday though.

Oh, duh. Well, if I won't be able to buy it in store until Monday anyway, I might as well just buy it online.

Looks like it comes with an HDMI cable. :p I'm all set.

Quadratic

Just picked up Ico/SotC on PS3 and Metal gear HD for Xbox 360 from EB for 29.99 each. I've been waiting for both to drop in price. Weird thing is that Metal Gear HD is still full price for PS3

TheExodu5

Banned
I still haven't been able to find one item I want to buy this Boxing Day. :(

I usually go early in the morning with friends...I don't know if I can pick out an excuse this time.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Ugh.

Battlefield 3 (pc) was sold out on best buy before the sale started, and EB is selling it for $39 according to their flyer, but the website lists only the xbox and ps3 versions at $39. Anyone know another store selling it at $39 or lower online?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh.

Battlefield 3 (pc) was sold out on best buy before the sale started, and EB is selling it for $39 according to their flyer, but the website lists only the xbox and ps3 versions at $39. Anyone know another store selling it at $39 or lower online?
If you want the PC version, you could deal with the many CD key sites out there... Origin itself probably has sales once in a while too.

Unless you're looking for the Limited Edition...

DrEvil

not a medical professional
If you want the PC version, you could deal with the many CD key sites out there... Origin itself probably has sales once in a while too.

Unless you're looking for the Limited Edition...

Was hoping for LE. Maybe I'll attempt a best buy trip in the afternoon. I'm not getting up early for a game.

Curiosity has gotten the best of me so I'm grabbing Duke Nukem Forever for $10. I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Edit: Drats, Duke sold out while I was in the virtual line. Divine intervention perhaps?

Roto13

Welp, it's done. My PlayStation Display should get here in the coming week.

$300 was too good a deal to pass up. Wasn't planning on buying a TV today, and I wouldn't have if I wasn't following the Game Deals Canada Twitter feed. :p

This changes my Boxing Day plans. :p

Maddog

Curiosity has gotten the best of me so I'm grabbing Duke Nukem Forever for $10. I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

Edit: Drats, Duke sold out while I was in the virtual line. Divine intervention perhaps?

It's pretty much 10$ regularly so you can probably find it somewhere else.

Home

Really disappointed in the boxing day sales this year. Was hoping to kickstart my new PC build with some savings, but no luck so far.

Really disappointed in the boxing day sales this year. Was hoping to kickstart my new PC build with some savings, but no luck so far.

Awful year. I don't usually go for the big stuff, but I always grab a few cheap blu-rays/DVDs/box sets and this year is looking awful. I grabbed a few old $5 titles off Best Buy, but really nothing that wasn't usually cheap to begin with.

Bruiserk

I'll be getting the $200 PS3 on boxing day, mine YLOD about a week ago :(

I'm tempted to get Saints Row 3 for $30 as well on EB. SoTC/ICO collecition is also tempting. My buddy is purchasing the $300 3DTV bundle on boxing day, so I'll have a chance to experience that.

EDIT: Sonic Generations is $30 on Best Buy's website, I thought that started boxing day? I'm gonna pick that up right now.

Quick

Banned
I'll be getting the $200 PS3 on boxing day, mine YLOD about a week ago :(

I'm tempted to get Saints Row 3 for $30 as well on EB. SoTC/ICO collecition is also tempting. My buddy is purchasing the $300 3DTV bundle on boxing day, so I'll have a chance to experience that.

EDIT: Sonic Generations is $30 on Best Buy's website, I thought that started boxing day? I'm gonna pick that up right now.

SR3 and Ico/SoTC are so worth it. Do it!

I'm working on boxing day, so I don't think I can get much after work. I'm going to assume Best Buy and Future Shop are getting raided like hell. There's a nice deal on Canada Computers for a 23" Acer LED monitor for $108.99. Might ask someone to get it for me.

Bruiserk

So I was placing my order for Sonic Gen PS3, when I got to the last screen it just shot me back to the log in or proceed as guest screen. I didn't get an e-mail verification. Should I place my order again?

EDIT: I ordered it again and did it did the same thing. I'm assuming it worked then and I will just have to return the extra copy I get?

EDIT 2: I found out why it did that. It didn't ask for my credit card password, once I created and account and ordered again it worked.

snack

Anyone here ever buy a preowned game from gamestop.ca? Do you know if the game comes in its case with a manual or just in those white flaps?

Well, I'm done my boxing day shopping.

I got Ratchet: All 4 One, La Noire: Complete Edition, and Ass Creed: Revelations all for 99 bucks,

Walmart.ca seems to be price matching a lot of places, and Ratchet is 29.99 on futureshop and bestbuy.

Firestorm

Bought probably the only thing I'll get myself this Boxing Day... FullMetal Alchemist Box Set (Vol. 1 - 27) for $110 from Amazon.ca.

Assassins Creed Revelations is only $20 at EB Games.

I cannot believe how fast this game dropped in price even by Ubisoft standards. I actually just picked up the triple pack frim Future Shop as I wanted to get the DLC and haven't played any of the games since the first, but just had to grab this from EB too since it is so cheap and there's free shipping. Some very nice deals this year at EB I must say.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Got ont on Steam for 5 bux. Waste of 5 bux.
Got Ass Creed: Rev for 33 day 1. Waste of 33 bux and Keighley was right.

Looking at various sales...doesn't seem like anything is a door crasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom