• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

PS3 version of AssRev is OOS, I think. It won't let me add it to my cart anymore.

I was a little peeved, but it won't be long for this game to drop to $20 at other stores, and I wouldn't have played it immediately anyway. Still, $20 is a price where you can buy a game and play it six months down the road without worrying about it dropping much lower.

I keep hoping that MGSCHD will drop to $29.99 for PS3 at EB but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I'm a sad panda. Guess I will have to try Sears tomorrow.

Threi

notag
did the $100 trade in promo at EB games finish yet?

I wouldn't mind getting rid of this old Zephyr (which still works perfectly, oddly) and getting myself a slim for $25

RS4-

Only grabbed a ps3 since the "reputable" guy in Toronto that does YLOD fixes refuses to answer his phone or call me back.

Did buy the 42" Sharp LCD for my brother though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I cannot believe how fast this game dropped in price even by Ubisoft standards. I actually just picked up the triple pack frim Future Shop as I wanted to get the DLC and haven't played any of the games since the first, but just had to grab this from EB too since it is so cheap and there's free shipping. Some very nice deals this year at EB I must say.
How much did you pick up the triple pack for? And is it still on sale?

Those are DSi XL's. 3DS is $140 basically everywhere.
i4GwrNbzLounz.gif

I cannot believe Amazon.ca didn't post a single videogame deal. Fucking joke.
EBGames had the only good deals btw Rayman, ACR and SR3.
Awful year, worst I've seen in like a decade for sales.

Boxing Day is ruined! :(

I'm holding out hope that I can grab something good from Sears tomorrow. All I want is half-price MGS HD and God of War Origins.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Assassins Creed Revelations is only $20 at EB Games.
Ubisoft makes my life so much easier. Now if only GreenmanGaming would let me use the same credit card to buy two copies of a game, I could enjoy Saint's Row 3 co-op on PC for 20$. Silly company.

How much did you pick up the triple pack for? And is it still on sale?

$29.99 from Futureshop, it was sill available this morning when I checked. Really decent deal even though I already own AC1 and 2, will probably try and selly old AC1 and 2 for $15 or something.

MGS Collection for 360 is really tempting me right now.

Would have preferred to have it for PS3, but eh... Have there been any head to head graphics/performance comparisons between the two versions?

TheExodu5

Banned
Yep...haven't been able to find a single thing I want to buy this Boxing Day. I would have been happy with a few TV series, but there's literally nothing.

Saige

I must do better.
So is there any place that’s going to have a sale on ps3 controllers? Because from a quick glance at some deal lists I can’t find any.

Man, I can't believe I buy Assassin's Creed games at launch. Every year I fall for it instead of just waiting...I just had to know what happens to Ezio. Fuck.

At least I picked up some copies of Rayman for gifts.

Is Rayman still for sale? It was $40 when I saw it on EB earlier when I ordered Assassin's Creed Revelations.

My videogames boxing day roundup for this year:
- Assassin's Creed Triple pack - $30
- Assassin's Creed Revelations - $20
- Def Jam Rap Star - $10 (got it mainly for the mic and also because I had a $25 off $50 coupon at FS)
- House of the Dead Overkill - $20

Highly doubt I'd get anything else, fairly happy with these deals especially Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Luigi87

I might try a Sears tomorrow, but not getting my hopes up... All I really want are Mario 3D Land, and Layton 3 & 4.

Also likely to pick up a monitor at Best Buy tomorrow (have a gift card), so... guess I'll at least save some money on that.

Quick

Banned
Looking to get a new monitor tomorrow. Hopefully there's some left when I finish work in the afternoon. And I'll probably just trudge through the rubble and see if there's anything good.

big_z

did the $100 trade in promo at EB games finish yet?

I wouldn't mind getting rid of this old Zephyr (which still works perfectly, oddly) and getting myself a slim for $25

it's still listed on the site as an offer. i think im going to trade in my old xbox myself since the disc tray doesnt like to open now and then.

when you trade in these things they say you need one controller, cables and the system. do you have to include the harddrive?

joedick

I'm not even gonna bother with Sears. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a couple of resellers at the front of the line who are going to clean the place out.

Eternia

it's still listed on the site as an offer. i think im going to trade in my old xbox myself since the disc tray doesnt like to open now and then.

when you trade in these things they say you need one controller, cables and the system. do you have to include the harddrive?
Hard drive is not required.

timnich

So is $129 the best price on a 360 tomorrow? I have a couple of games to trade so that Price is pretty good but if I could get it even cheaper that would be amazing

snack

So is $129 the best price on a 360 tomorrow? I have a couple of games to trade so that Price is pretty good but if I could get it even cheaper that would be amazing

Yeah, I think most of if not all stores are selling the 4gb at that price.

Eternia

awesome. do i have to include the HDMI cable and audio dongle thing that came with my elite? what about the headset?
Keep your headset. The last time I traded my console in, I asked them to rip out the composite cables from the new arcade for the trade-in so I could keep my component cables (likely ymmv from whoever you get). I assume they will accept any working cable that is compatible with the system although I don't believe new slims require the audio dongle for anything now. Just don't forget your power brick though. :p

Okay GAF help me out here.

I've had a PS3 in Canada since I moved over here in October, I currently only have one controller and have been using a PS2 adapter as a substitute for a second controller, but the L2 and R2 button's are screwing up so I might as well get a PS3 controller.

Is there any deals available in Calgary online or offline with official PS3 controllers? I've looked on redflagdeals, but I haven't found any deals in particular of my skimming that mentions PS3 controllers, I could be wrong though.

oatmeal

Banned
CANADIAN GAFFERS...shed some light.

I'm from Canada, but didn't get into Amazon until I moved to the states (where I've been for the past 4 years)...and I'm a devout Amazon Prime member for the last several.

I remember Amazon sucking huge dong when I lived there and never used it. It had $35 and up free shipping and that was about it. Limited selection and yadda yadda...

But I saw that they have good Blu Ray/DVD deals for Boxing Day and was surprised at the selection.

Are they getting better? And do they have a Prime account?

If I ever move back to Canada (likely), I would love to be able to continue to use Amazon...but part of me fears that it won't happen and I'll miss out on the crazy good deals I always get.

CANADIAN GAFFERS...shed some light.

I'm from Canada, but didn't get into Amazon until I moved to the states (where I've been for the past 4 years)...and I'm a devout Amazon Prime member for the last several.

I remember Amazon sucking huge dong when I lived there and never used it. It had $35 and up free shipping and that was about it. Limited selection and yadda yadda...

But I saw that they have good Blu Ray/DVD deals for Boxing Day and was surprised at the selection.

Are they getting better? And do they have a Prime account?

If I ever move back to Canada (likely), I would love to be able to continue to use Amazon...but part of me fears that it won't happen and I'll miss out on the crazy good deals I always get.

Amazon.ca still sucks when compared to it's US counterpart. On some rare occasions we may get some decent deals but thats about it. Also the constant currency fluctuations doesn't help matters either. As far as I am aware there is no Amazon prime service.
Your best bet is to drive across the border to pick up stuff you order from Amazon.com if you are in Canada.

mrgone

MAPNEWNCSAVE never forget

Hey, there are some video game deals up at amazon.ca now, but they don't seem too spectacular at first blush

I'm not even gonna bother with Sears. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a couple of resellers at the front of the line who are going to clean the place out.

Leaving in a couple of minutes but not getting my hopes up either. Maybe they won't bother with the games I want. We shall see. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom