• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Madouu

Yup not much at walmart in term of games, grabbed the black 3DS XL though!

edit: and here's both of them, red best color.

dDP0IZG.jpg

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Price matched Black Ops 2 for $27 at BB. I think I'm in the bast minority that only plays these games for the single player lol. It's a fun dude bro game.

For anyone in the market for a wirelss range extender for their home, I just ordered the Netgear N300 from Bestbuy for $50, It's $20 off this week.

kennah

Meh no dice, but I'm sure you'll find better somewhere else. You're welcome to visit Montreal whenever you want.

Yeah, we already go once a year (my wife is from Quebec). That's why we were so keen on moving. I missed a GAF meetup by a week or so once.

Kifimbo

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii prices finally dropped in Canada. But it's $34.99 instead of $29.99, which is bullshit.

Swhalen

Mostly intended to check Wal Mart for cheap games, walked out with a black DSXL with Super Mario Bros and Shin Megami Tensei Limited Edition.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii prices finally dropped in Canada. But it's $34.99 instead of $29.99, which is bullshit.

Is every retailer have it at that price? This is actually concerning. The dollar discrepancy may be finally catching up. I don't wanna start seeing $64.99 games anytime soon

canonj

Is every retailer have it at that price? This is actually concerning. The dollar discrepancy may be finally catching up. I don't wanna start seeing $64.99 games anytime soon

That would suck. But with the current exchange rate, $30 USD is just shy of $31 CAD, so someone is definitely gouging us with those $35 prices. (Nintendo...I'm looking at you!)

Sora_N

Failed to pricematch iin store at BB for Bioshock lol. Out of stock on th site, no loss cuz. I dont want to play it anyways for now.

Little Deviants is $1.97 at Best. Buy, for those in BC only the Kelowna store has one. Couldnt buy one lol :(

Sora_N

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada regarding order number 236530011.

We are glad that you took the time today to contact us regarding your concerns. We would like to inform you that we forwarded your issue to appropriate department. Rest assured you will receive notice about the codes and downloadable content.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada. We appreciate your business.

Edgardo
Agent ID 79323
Best Buy Canada

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada in regard to not receiving your promo code.

We have forwarded your request to the appropriate department for further investigation. Please allow up to 5 business days for a response.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us again by emailing websupportcan_bb@bestbuycanada.ca or by calling 1-866-BEST-BUY (1-866-237-8289).

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada, we appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Shannon Agent ID #76229
Customer Service Representative
Best Buy Canada

Sure hope I get it now. Lol.

Anyone else pre-order GTA5 from FS? I checked my order, and it hasn't shipped yet. TLOU shipped 3-4 business days before it arrived.

I'm trying to avoid doing a preemptive double dip and getting the preloaded version off PSN.

FrsDvl

Best buy just charged me for GTA V! Hope they send it out today... And please ship from Richmond so o have it on Monday

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
101 charged but still hasn't shipped

FS pls

Buy in store on Sunday, return shipped copy whenever. That's my plan if I finish Puppeteer before Sunday. I've been looking forward to W101 for far too long.

iLLmAtlc

Anyone else pre-order GTA5 from FS? I checked my order, and it hasn't shipped yet. TLOU shipped 3-4 business days before it arrived.

I'm trying to avoid doing a preemptive double dip and getting the preloaded version off PSN.

I was charged for it, check your status. For the last of us I was charged like almost a week in advance I think but it shipped on Thursday and I got it the next day on release day. I'm hopeful

zroid

Banned
Buy in store on Sunday, return shipped copy whenever. That's my plan if I finish Puppeteer before Sunday. I've been looking forward to W101 for far too long.

I'm gonna have to... at this rate I won't get it till Tuesday! Day 3? f that

Same.

I usually get their shipping emails quite late on Friday night though, so this is normal.

Me too, but when you actually check the order status, they tend to have it changed to shipped and provide the tracking number significantly before the email gets sent. It's getting damn late for that. :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone ordered off GameStreet.ca (company appears to be based in Mississauga and have a retail store there as well)? Safe? Reliable?

ohlawd

If only BB opened earlier than 11 am on Sunday.

I'll probably be awake early that day so those few hours not spent playing TW101 ;_;

SUX

edit: oh joy BB sent me a shipping email for TW101.

zroid

Banned
FS redeemed. 101 shipped!

In other news, I'm elated because I finally tracked down a cheap copy of Planet Puzzle League. I lost the one I bought on day one, and always wanted to replace it but couldn't bring myself to play asking price... which is a lot, surprisingly. But I just ordered one for 5 bucks. So yay!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
FS redeemed. 101 shipped!

In other news, I'm elated because I finally tracked down a cheap copy of Planet Puzzle League. I lost the one I bought on day one, and always wanted to replace it but couldn't bring myself to play asking price... which is a lot, surprisingly. But I just ordered one for 5 bucks. So yay!

eBay/Kijiji seller, or store with many available copies? If it's the latter, I'd be interested to know where! I'm trying to complete my DS collection while games are cheap, and I'm missing a few (Advance War Days of Ruin, Meteos, Flower Sun and Rain, Puzzle League, etc.)

Both 101 and GTAV just shipped from FS for me, woo-hoo!

Man, now I really have to get through this Kingdom Hearts HD collection this weekend...

zroid

Banned
eBay/Kijiji seller, or store with many available copies? If it's the latter, I'd be interested to know where! I'm trying to complete my DS collection while games are cheap, and I'm missing a few (Advance War Days of Ruin, Meteos, Flower Sun and Rain, Puzzle League, etc.)

neither unfortunately, it's a retail store with only a single copy... I just happened to look for it at the right time, so I got lucky. Their inventory (of used games) is always in flux. Meteos is definitely something you must get, it's absolutely awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mentally preparing myself ATM for when on Monday evening the last people are getting their GTA V shipping notices and I still haven't received mine. FS likes to be mean to me.

Cudder

People already getting FS shipping notices? Unsual..

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I ordered my copy as a part of the E3 deal, maybe that has something to do with it.

People already getting FS shipping notices? Unsual..

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I ordered my copy as a part of the E3 deal, maybe that has something to do with it.

Same.

But for TLOU, I had my shipping notification much earlier than my friend who ordered it from FS - his notification didn't even come until the day before it was supposed to (and did) arrive.

J-Man

My GTAV hasn't shipped, and I only got NHL14 today. That sucks! I was so happy with the first few games I have gotten from the E3 sale on time or a day late, that this is an unfortunate situation. I guess it's still worth saving $20 per game.

Top Bottom