• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sober

Hmm, guess I should've checked Wal-Mart today at STC for anything. Maybe I'll go tomorrow and take a look, 150$ for a 3DS XL seems like a good way to get started. Not sure on games though.

Otherwise I could just order it online.

Mr. F

Banned
For people whose GTA Vs have already shipped from FS or BB, is that with standard delivery? Conflicted how to pick this game up between ordering or walking in (wanted to try my chances with Superstore as I have a gift card but have no idea what their stock is typically like having never bought a game from them).

Stat!

For people whose GTA Vs have already shipped from FS or BB, is that with standard delivery? Conflicted how to pick this game up between ordering or walking in (wanted to try my chances with Superstore as I have a gift card but have no idea what their stock is typically like having never bought a game from them).

I may be wrong, but even standard shipping, it's expited parcels.

NHL 14 shipped on Monday night, with expedited shipping, but arrived Wednesday (despite Canada Post predicting it on Tuesday).

I haven't had GTAV ship yet but I'll be disappointed if once again it comes on Wednesday. It's too late now, but it'll be the last time I pre-order on FS most likely.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you want a game on release day, don't go with BB/FS. I mean, the big reason to buy from them is because they sell games for 20 dollars off. lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you want a game on release day, don't go with BB/FS. I mean, the big reason to buy from them is because they sell games for 20 dollars off. lol

I've had less issues with FS than with EB, honestly. I got SMT4 a day before release, and NHL 14 the day of. I feel good about my chances with GTAV.

I ordered GTA V from the GameStop USA site because I wanted to get the collectors edition ($149.99).

Canadian stock was limited, especially for PS3 (which I ordered) as the Canadian EB site has none in stock, local store only got 6 pre orders allotted, which I missed out on.

Hoping to see this ship soon, a call earlier in the week said Friday, but I haven't seen any updates yet.

Merguson

Banned
Got an e-mail from Wal-Mart saying that BioShock Infinite is out of stock, if they don't get any more stock in within 10 days, they'll cancel the order. Boo!

Also, got charged for GTA V from Futureshop according to their website but no shipping notice or anything. I'm assuming it's GTA V since that's the earliest game to be released in my order.

Magnus

FS consistently delivers games for me 1 day after release date. Online shopping is, and always will be a mixed bag. Always some risk compared to brick and mortar.

zroid

Banned
Count me in the FS/BB release day camp (except Sunday release Nintendo games, obviously). Sometimes I even get games from FS/BB before their release date, eg Pikmin 3, and Dragon's Crown too I believe. TW101 might be the first one in a while where I get it late -- it's been shipped but tracking indicates CP hasn't picked up the item yet, so it might not actually ship till Monday, thereby arriving on Tuesday.

Banned
Yup not much at walmart in term of games, grabbed the black 3DS XL though!

edit: and here's both of them, red best color.

You know I was one of the people that bitched about not having black or white in NA. I always had a black handheld, my Gameboy was black, my DS Lite was black, my OG 3DS was black, my phone was black etc.

So when I had to choose between blue and red I chose red because I associate red with Nintendo's golden days (the red logo). Now that there is a black 3DS XL, I must say, I love my red one and don't plan on switching. Weird isn't it?

People already getting FS shipping notices? Unsual..

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I ordered my copy as a part of the E3 deal, maybe that has something to do with it.

Yea I wonder... they have not even charged me yet. They are so random, I got Xillia and Dragon's Crown 1 day before release date. I got Kingdom hearts HD 2 days after release date and now people get GTAV shipping notice while they have not even charged my card yet. Oh well, at least it's cheaper than everywhere else.

Edit: haha! They charged my AS I wrote this post...

big_z

FS consistently delivers games for me 1 day after release date. Online shopping is, and always will be a mixed bag. Always some risk compared to brick and mortar.

Canada post says delivery is Wednesday for my copy of gta but the progress bar says in transit and was half full last night. Fingers crossed.

Grimsen

Still no email for my GTA V from FS. I don't remember when my TLOU order processed, but I remember getting it on the monday before release.

Bah, for 40$, can't really complain.

Still no email for my GTA V from FS. I don't remember when my TLOU order processed, but I remember getting it on the monday before release.

Bah, for 40$, can't really complain.

TLOU released on a Friday. They shipped a day before. Relax, they will ship GTA V on Monday. You won't get an email till Monday night.

Same process for me everytime.

Grimsen

TLOU released on a Friday. They shipped a day before. Relax, they will ship GTA V on Monday. You won't get an email till Monday night.

Same process for me everytime.

Must have gotten TLOU on the Thursday then.

Canada Post being what they are, I'll be lucky to get GTA on tuesday. Maybe just the card, if they're dicks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is basically what the thread is, 90% of the time, for better or worse. Not that I blame anyone though, there's definitely high and low points in terms the amount of good deals.
Often the real good deals are screw-ups anyways that fizzle out within hours.

Though I am sorta tempted for Bioshock Infinite at $15.

zroid

Banned
Or "Futureshop Bitching Thread". :p

Naaaaah. Sure they bug us sometimes, but who else let us pre-order almost every announced game we could possibly want for 33% off? FS is great.

There is, after all a good reason why we bitch about their shitty website all the time. It's cause we're all buying all our crap from FS!

I've only had great experiences with buying from future shop's website. Always get my stuff on day 1. I especially like that they anticipate holidays and weekends. For instance they sent Xillia on friday even though it didn't come out till tuesday because monday was a holiday.

iiicon

I've only had great experiences with buying from future shop's website. Always get my stuff on day 1. I especially like that they anticipate holidays and weekends. For instance they sent Xillia on friday even though it didn't come out till tuesday because monday was a holiday.
Yeah, same. I've even received a few games early, like SMT IV and Bioshock. They're a little slow on sending out pre-order codes, but otherwise have been great for me out here in Vancouver.

isny

napkin dispenser
50% off any one item at Old Navy today only BTW for those who may have not gotten the e-mail. You're supposed to bring the e-mail in, but they have a copy of it at the cashes and they don't bother asking for it.

Got a $30 sweater, which was already on sale for $15, half off, so $8 taxes in.

BarCode_CDA.jpg

dream

I feel like the only person who ordered GTA from Best Buy instead of Future Shop, but mine hasn't shipped yet either. They charged me though, so that's encouraging.

I remember there was a guy looking for the CE of Ys. Ebgames has it now.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Re: GTAV: I got an email from Future Shop, but it was to say that they tried charging my card but it was rejected. The pre-order was from back in 2012 and my card had expired since then. Cue failed attempts to change the payment option via the website, followed by a call to FS customer support (which thankfully has a callback option now) and the always-awkward process of reciting the digits of your credit card over the phone despite the fact that the card is already attached to my account and could you just select the card with the last four digits of 1234. Sheesh.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
50% off any one item at Old Navy today only BTW for those who may have not gotten the e-mail. You're supposed to bring the e-mail in, but they have a copy of it at the cashes and they don't bother asking for it.

http://image.email.oldnavy.ca/lib/fe9f13707564037f75/m/13/BarCode_CDA.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Picked up a wrap dress for the missus. 14$ tax in, pretty great price.

k_klown

My copy was shipped last night. It's a day late though because they usually ship it Thursday so it arrives by Tuesday here.

zroid

Banned

BarCode_CDA.jpg

oh damn that's good. haven't been to Old Navy in years... guess it's too late though, stores'll be closing in like an hour.

jmro

Dudes who ordered GTA V on amazon.ca, what is your delivery estimate?

Mine is Sep 24 2013 - Sep 25 2013 and I ordered it in June. I'm hoping they just haven't updated yet, or I'm going to be cancelling and going to the store on Tuesday.

They've been really good about release day delivery lately.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wonderful 101 showing up as In Stock when checking store availability for Futureshop. Wonder what the chances are of me going in and getting a copy today.

Edit: The FS near my house is showing Currently Out of Stock. What the hell is going on...

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hello Montreal Canada Gaf!

Just wondering if people were able to pre-order Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition? EBGames.ca is sold out. :(

soultron

Banned
Vita Instant Game Collection bundle is back in stock, just bought one.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/playsta...011&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=

Vita
4 games
4GB memory card
1 year of PS+

It actually comes with GR, U:DF, WO2048, and U13? For keepsies or do you need a PS+ sub (I know it comes with)? That sounds like an insane deal. Way better than the TWD/COD/ACL bundles.

In other news, picked up Splinter Cell 3D for $10 at Walmart today. The $10-30 bargain bin was pretty weak otherwise. Didn't see anything of note.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm so tempted by this >_>
Might get it tomorrow if I see it there.

Is PS+ really all that?

If you own a PS3, hell yes. A dozen PS3 games + 5 or 6 Vita games off the bat. Then you get one new game to download every week. Absolutely worth it.

I'm so tempted by this >_>
Might get it tomorrow if I see it there.

Is PS+ really all that?

So so? Depends on your buying and playing habits. If you already buy most of what you're interested in you're unlikely to get much out of it. The only game I've played from PS+ in my six months of membership is Vanquish.

ohlawd

If you own a PS3, hell yes. A dozen PS3 games + 5 or 6 Vita games off the bat. Then you get one new game to download every week. Absolutely worth it.
Is it a pain in the ass to transfer data from one memory card to another? 4 gigs is nothing. Want 32 at least.

Hope I see one there tomorrow. Planning on checking out the $10 games as well.

So so? Depends on your buying and playing habits. If you already buy most of what you're interested in you're unlikely to get much out of it. The only game I've played from PS+ in my six months of membership is Vanquish.
The PS+ side for the Vita is all new to me so I'm sure I'll get something out of it.

For the PS3 side, I can see where you're going with this. Not really interested in what's on the PS3 now since I've played everything that I wanted to play on the thing.

Top Bottom