• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is it a pain in the ass to transfer data from one memory card to another? 4 gigs is nothing. Want 32 at least.

Hope I see one there tomorrow. Planning on checking out the $10 games as well.

I'm not sure about transferring data between memory cards since I bought a 32GB first thing. You can download a content manager which makes it very easy to copy games from the Vita to your PC in case you need to make space for other games. You can also transfer all your PS1 games from the PS3 to play on the go.

Randomly checked out Walmart's website tonight and found that they'd restocked the PS All Stars game.

...Figured might as well. I mean, 10$, right?

Just a heads up too, I saw Bioshock Infinite for the PS3 in stock again too, if anyone wanted it :)

Dropped by Wally World and saw some stuffs:

Crush 3D 3DS $10
Splinter Cell 3D 3DS $10
Asphalt 3D 3DS $10

The website shows all versions of Skylanders Giants Starter Pack are $30, including Wii U.

AND, Futureshop has Darksiders 2 Wii U for $29.97!

Got Crush and Darksiders 2.

Also, I made it to Old Navy and used the code to get a nice blue hoodie for $15, and found a nice big shirt for $5 on clearance. :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone know where I can still find this bundle?

It periodically appears In Stock on the walmart.ca website. Best to track this topic or the one on RFD to know when.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
50% off any one item at Old Navy today only BTW for those who may have not gotten the e-mail. You're supposed to bring the e-mail in, but they have a copy of it at the cashes and they don't bother asking for it.

Got a $30 sweater, which was already on sale for $15, half off, so $8 taxes in.

BarCode_CDA.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a cheap hoodie for $10 after discounts.

DMiz

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great deal and release-date information over the years - I've been stalking this thread for a while and it's been a great resource to help me save on gaming expenses.

On a side note, I do have a few questions:
1) I'm aware of what tsilon is, but are invites absolutely necessary to get in? Is it possible to sign up to tsilon without an invite?
2) Does anyone know where there are cheap M2 memory cards to pick up? I'm getting a little pinched with the 16gb on the PSPGO and would like to double up using another 16 gb card. Amazon.ca has shown some ludicrous prices, so if anybody has seen them relatively cheap - around $40 or less - it'd be amazing to hear some other options.

XOMTOR

Can you link me to the RFD topic?

I'm not Bronetta but I just happened to be looking at the RFD thread so here it is:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wal-mart-psp-vita-plus-bundle-199-00-a-1374236/

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the great deal and release-date information over the years - I've been stalking this thread for a while and it's been a great resource to help me save on gaming expenses.

2) Does anyone know where there are cheap M2 memory cards to pick up? I'm getting a little pinched with the 16gb on the PSPGO and would like to double up using another 16 gb card. Amazon.ca has shown some ludicrous prices, so if anybody has seen them relatively cheap - around $40 or less - it'd be amazing to hear some other options.

Fellow PSPGO owner too and I'd like to know this as well. I check Amazon.com from time to time as the prices are usually much cheaper there than Amazon.ca. Some sellers will ship to Canada. Currently, I'm not seeing any 16GB M2 cards with Canada shipping but here's an 8GB that's pretty cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBFN6EK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

i-Jest

I'm not Bronetta but I just happened to be looking at the RFD thread so here it is:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wal-mart-psp-vita-plus-bundle-199-00-a-1374236/

Fellow PSPGO owner too and I'd like to know this as well. I check Amazon.com from time to time as the prices are usually much cheaper there than Amazon.ca. Some sellers will ship to Canada. Currently, I'm not seeing any 16GB M2 cards with Canada shipping but here's an 8GB that's pretty cheap:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBFN6EK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thank you good sir or madam.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hi everyone,

On a side note, I do have a few questions:
1) I'm aware of what tsilon is, but are invites absolutely necessary to get in? Is it possible to sign up to tsilon without an invite?
You're a little late for tsilon, the site hasn't given perks in months (April is the last one I remember) and is pretty much dead.

jmro

Dudes who ordered GTA V on amazon.ca, what is your delivery estimate?

Mine is Sep 24 2013 - Sep 25 2013 and I ordered it in June. I'm hoping they just haven't updated yet, or I'm going to be cancelling and going to the store on Tuesday.

They've been really good about release day delivery lately.

Nobody uses amazon?

jokkir

Dropped by Wally World and saw some stuffs:

Crush 3D 3DS $10
Splinter Cell 3D 3DS $10
Asphalt 3D 3DS $10

The website shows all versions of Skylanders Giants Starter Pack are $30, including Wii U.

AND, Futureshop has Darksiders 2 Wii U for $29.97!

Got Crush and Darksiders 2.

Also, I made it to Old Navy and used the code to get a nice blue hoodie for $15, and found a nice big shirt for $5 on clearance. :)

Oh nice. Maybe I could get Splinter Cell. I don't care how crappy it is. I assume it's playable thought, right? >__>

I missed out on the Old Navy deal too :(

soultron

Banned
Oh nice. Maybe I could get Splinter Cell. I don't care how crappy it is. I assume it's playable thought, right? >__>
I grabbed it yesterday and have been enjoying it. Just finished Panama (3rd map) and have finally come to grips with the controls. Play the MGS3D demo to see if controlling the camera with the face buttons (ABXY) is something you can stomach. That's the biggest flaw, I'd say. The "platforming" and 3D navigation can be a little annoying since Jump is on DPAD UP, as well.

Some changes (some good, some bad) since the original CT but I personally think it's a steal at $10. If you've already played CT I'd recommend it easily, but if you've not already, I'd say get that on PC or something for the same price since it will look prettier and control better.

torontoml

FS says GTA5 has shipped!

I check the Canada Post tracking page...

... and estimated delivery is Sep 18!?!?!

D:
FS site says my Gta V shipped, but the tracking doesn't work. But I have decided to buy it tomorrow at midnight at full price then take the one I get in the mail back which I got during an e3 sale.

Hilti92

FS site says my Gta V shipped, but the tracking doesn't work. But I have decided to buy it tomorrow at midnight at full price then take the one I get in the mail back which I got during an e3 sale.
Mine says the 18th. Will be doing what I did with NHL. Picked up in store the day of release, get the E3 deal the next day and return it as the regular priced one.

oneils

Nobody uses amazon?

I had originally pre-ordered with amazon.ca. I got antsy with that estimated delivery date, though, and switched to EB games.

Sorry that I don't have much to add. I tried to do some research on this but didn't find much. I think you might have to somehow contact them directly. Hopefully someone else, here, will be more helpful.

dream

Mine says the 18th too, but I'm guessing it won't take that long to ship from Richmond to Edmonton. The sad thing is I won't even really have much time to play this thing until December...

oneils

Mine says the 18th too, but I'm guessing it won't take that long to ship from Richmond to Edmonton. The sad thing is I won't even really have much time to play this thing until December...

:( poo on a stick. Hopefully you get some time.

Anyone in Toronto seen a Dollarama with notable gaming stuff. Like there's cheap Wii accessories and even that Ubisoft Wii fitness game with the camera for $3. But I barely see any gaming stuff in the slightest in the ones I've been to.

Also anyone know where I can find a cheap new sealed copy of Lego City Undercover for Wii U?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nobody uses amazon?
I haven't used Amazon.ca to order a game at release since they got rid of the $10 off Visa perks deal years ago. There's no reason to buy most games at release from them because there's usually a better deal elsewhere (E3 deals for example).

FrsDvl

Same here, no way that's true though. Doubtfull it'll be here tomorrow, but definitely Tuesday. Richmond > Edmonton had always been next day delivery for me.

Whats the cheapest way to get a WiiU right now. I kind need to play Wonderful 101 since its by Platinum and then have a nice dust magnet until Bayonetta 2 comes out.

big_z

Bah fs says my copy of gtav is coming sep 18.

Guess i cant complain since my copy was only $40.

mine does too but it also made it to the in transit stage on friday so I expect it to go out for delivery on Monday. if yours hasn't hit the transit portion then Wednesday is likely.

Lexxism

Whats the cheapest way to get a WiiU right now. I kind need to play Wonderful 101 since its by Platinum and then have a nice dust magnet until Bayonetta 2 comes out.

Hmmm. Wait for ZombiU bundle to drop to $300? That's much a better deal than the WW WiiU bundle. Or if ZombiU don't happen, wait for any 20x event from shoppers and buy a $300 WiiU?

i-Jest

Hmmm. Wait for ZombiU bundle to drop to $300? That's much a better deal than the WW WiiU bundle. Or if ZombiU don't happen, wait for any 20x event from shoppers and buy a $300 WiiU?

That bundle price drop better happen by the 20th. It's only fair. It'll definitely be a better value for my dollar.

Big Chungus

mine does too but it also made it to the in transit stage on friday so I expect it to go out for delivery on Monday. if yours hasn't hit the transit portion then Wednesday is likely.

Mine hit transit on the 14th at 00:08.

I hope it makes it here (Saskatoon, SK) by Tuesday.

Top Bottom