• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sajjaja

I still have one more pending tsilon order, lol. TLG.

Assuming it even does come out though, the order is for PS3 and that SKU may not ever exist at all. Who knows if FS will actually switch the order to a completely different platform.

Probably just cancel it lol.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Now that Ducktales will be receiving a retail release, I hope BB or FS will have another $x off any game/preorder. I was so glad to get Super Luigi U retail for the same price as the DLC last month.

big_z

Still haven't recieved my copy of GTA5.

It hasnt even reached my city yet.

Edit:
mN1Dm3b.png

just curious how your order is doing. mines still fucked in Canada post.

I bought a second copy yesterday but this crappy shipping doesn't bode well for my ps4/xbone orders. Last thing I want is for my consoles with hard drives to be kicked around Canada post for 6+ days.

isny

napkin dispenser
Good, now you can set up your 3 person meetups in there instead. :D

Why do you think I come to Toronto? The meet-ups in Ottawa have been lame, no one ever shows up, lol

We need to find someone rich who can fly Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa GAF together to one city for a huge meet-up. Now that would be fun :)

vulva

Thank god for Wind. I haven't had internet for almost a month because Teksavvy's so backed up. I've been tethering with my phone since August 30th and I'm only now hitting my pseudo cap. Hopefully getting internet by Tuesday now.

big_z

I got the $25 shoppers 20x points. what do people use these coupons on? nearly everything at shoppers is over priced that what you save with points maybe brings the cost down to other stores regular pricing. even if you bought a 3DS game the points earned is just shy of a $10 redemtion if my math is correct.

DJ_Lae

Sweet. Archambault.ca just shipped my $240 WW HD bundle. I didn't expect this!

I loved the e-mail they sent me, the English portion reads like it was simply fed through google translate.

I knew it would be coming, though, they deducted the full $251 from Paypal the instant I preordered the thing.

zroid

Banned
I got the $25 shoppers 20x points. what do people use these coupons on? nearly everything at shoppers is over priced that what you save with points maybe brings the cost down to other stores regular pricing. even if you bought a 3DS game the points earned is just shy of a $10 redemtion if my math is correct.

their advertised deals on food are usually quite competitive. for instance, this week you can get 6x710mL pop bottles for $1.99. That's a great price. I do struggle to spend $50 without buying some expensive shit, but $25 shouldn't be a problem.

iphys

I got a coupon for 20x when you spend $50. I guess Shoppers must think I'm made of money since I shop there so much. They even sent me a copy of Glow magazine for the first time ever the other day, even though it's just full of beauty stuff that I never ever buy, lol.

their advertised deals on food are usually quite competitive. for instance, this week you can get 6x710mL pop bottles for $1.99. That's a great price. I do struggle to spend $50 without buying some expensive shit, but $25 shouldn't be a problem.
I can't speak to the bottles of pop they have in the fridge, but I've been burned way too many times by buying flat or expired 12 packs of coke and pepsi.

Lexxism

Archambault.ca is pretty weird. They shipped my order(at Scarborough now) but they haven't charge my account yet. Is that how they really do it?

Looks like I might end with two WW HD bundle later because of my order at FS :lol

So the official WiiU price drop has kicked in, has anyone spotted what the ZombiU bundle is going for? The only one I've found is EB at 339, but stock would be really random.

Anony

anyone buy the 10$ playstation all stars ps3 in walmart for 10$?
its up on amazon for 10$ now too, and you can probably price match it at FS/BB/Staples

was wondering in anyone want to split it and i'll take the psv version for a buck or 2

Archambault.ca is pretty weird. They shipped my order(at Scarborough now) but they haven't charge my account yet. Is that how they really do it?

Looks like I might end with two WW HD bundle later because of my order at FS :lol
Did archambault provide you with a tracking number? I hope it gets delivered today (chose xpresspost) and not Monday to BC.

Orca

Got my copy of GTA V today. This is the latest I've gotten a game from them and it's the only one I've ever used expedited shipping on... Total waste of money and the last time I'll bother with that.

big_z

Got my copy of GTA V today. This is the latest I've gotten a game from them and it's the only one I've ever used expedited shipping on... Total waste of money and the last time I'll bother with that.

That's why I never pay for faster shipping. Canada post is garbage. My copy still hasn't arrived. It made it to the local sorting facility on Monday and now its back in the city it shipped from being sorted again. :|

Lexxism

Did archambault provide you with a tracking number? I hope it gets delivered today (chose xpresspost) and not Monday to BC.

Yeah, they did. The tracking # is on the invoice that they sent to you. My mom just called me that she received my order. Good thing I picked the free shipping.

stn

Did anyone who ordered one of the $15 games from Walmart.ca get their order? I ordered Bioshock for 360 and got the e-mail from them. Supposedly they're still trying to ship it out but my actual order has not been updated at all.

Thanks.

Yeah, they did. The tracking # is on the invoice that they sent to you. My mom just called me that she received my order. Good thing I picked the free shipping.
Ughh. Just checked and it won't come until Monday. I guess lesson learned. Thanks for the heads up about the deal btw.

Bruiserk

Did anyone who ordered one of the $15 games from Walmart.ca get their order? I ordered Bioshock for 360 and got the e-mail from them. Supposedly they're still trying to ship it out but my actual order has not been updated at all.

Thanks.

I ordered the ps3 version but haven't received it yet. They sent me that email to, where it said they are really busy with other offers.

jmoe316

Just a reminder to those that ordered Wind Waker HD (or the new Wii U Zelda that got flipped to Wind Waker) from Futureshop during their E3 $20 off deal back in June. At the time the game was listed at 59.99 so the sale price on your order is 39.99. The game is now 49.99 so with the sale, the game should be 29.99. I am not sure if Futureshop's system is smart enough to see the price change and adjust sale prices automatically. I called in to Customer Service and the guy applied the $10 discount to the order so it will now be $29.99. Great deal for the game!

krae_man

Thanks.

I ordered Sony Smash Bros and Bioshock Infinite and got them both.

Just a reminder to those that ordered Wind Waker HD (or the new Wii U Zelda that got flipped to Wind Waker) from Futureshop during their E3 $20 off deal back in June. At the time the game was listed at 59.99 so the sale price on your order is 39.99. The game is now 49.99 so with the sale, the game should be 29.99. I am not sure if Futureshop's system is smart enough to see the price change and adjust sale prices automatically. I called in to Customer Service and the guy applied the $10 discount to the order so it will now be $29.99. Great deal for the game!

I got told no. I need to email again and try and change my wording.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I got told no. I need to email again and try and change my wording.
Well let me know if you get it because I tried and failed. Maybe because I tried doing both at the same time.

I preordered Wind Waker HD for the Nintendo Wii U during the E3 deal. The deal stated I would save 33% off each game when ordering 3 or more. The game was originally listed at $59.99 and after the discount it was $39.99. Now that the MSRP has been corrected to $49.99 I'm no longer saving 33% of the price like the deal said I would, I'm only saving 20%. The same is true of my preorder for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for the Wii U. I should be saving $16.66 off of each of these but I'm only saving $10. I would like both of these preorders adjusted to the correct price of $33.33. I preordered a total of 21 games as well as a PlayStation 4 during this promotion and really enjoy shopping at Future Shop but this situation has sort of soured me on this whole experience. Wind Waker HD - #XXXXXXXXX currently being charged $39.99 but should be charged $33.33. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - #XXXXXXXXX currently being charged $39.99 but should be charged $33.33.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Future Shop regarding the order number(s) XXXXXXXXX & XXXXXXXXX.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. When a price is assigned to a pre-ordered item, we are reasonably certain it will remain at that price. However, from time to time given how far in advance we make items available to our customers a price change will occur. If this happens, you will always receive the lower of the two prices. For example, if you order an item for $59.99 and the pre-order price is later dropped to $49.99, you will be charged only $49.99. If you ordered the item at $49.99 and the price rises to $59.99, you still pay only $49.99. When you place a pre-order, you are assured our lowest pre-release price. Since the E3 promotion was given when the price was $59.99 therefore we are not able to give discount for the latest price, since the amount of the item that you purchased was lower than the price listed now.

Thank you for choosing Futureshop.ca.

chrono01

I can't even get my Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster [from the E3 promotion] upgraded to the Limited Edition despite it being a "FREE" upgrade. There's two separate WebID's, so I'll likely get the Standard Edition despite wanting the Limited.

I have a secondary pre-order for it at EBGames and will return my Futureshop copy when I receive it. That's more work than I should be doing, since it should be an easy switch, but whatever.

DJ_Lae

Man my French is awful. I didn't realize there was actually a tracking number on my Archambault invoice. 'Reperage.' Whoops.

Not scheduled to arrive here in Edmonton until the 25th. Sucks, I was hoping to take advantage of the half off Monster Hunter deal but there's no way to buy it before I have a WiiU thanks to Nintendo's idiotic purchasing/account systems.

zroid

Banned

lol you got it it for $30? That's even better than it should've been ($33.32). Damn!

I still need to call... although I'm probably not going to bother with Wind Waker since I decided to get the LE instead. Hoping they apply the change for Donkey Kong, though.

Big Chungus

just curious how your order is doing. mines still fucked in Canada post.

I bought a second copy yesterday but this crappy shipping doesn't bode well for my ps4/xbone orders. Last thing I want is for my consoles with hard drives to be kicked around Canada post for 6+ days.

Arrived yesterday for me.

Top Bottom