• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Well let me know if you get it because I tried and failed. Maybe because I tried doing both at the same time.

I'be gotten that pre order price email before.....total copy and paste I guess they don't bother checking promotional discounts after price drops......

Why do you think I come to Toronto? The meet-ups in Ottawa have been lame, no one ever shows up, lol

We need to find someone rich who can fly Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa GAF together to one city for a huge meet-up. Now that would be fun :)

Is iOS 7 Radio app the best radio app(Free) for people using a smartphone in Canada now?

Tune In is decent but I don't recall anything that is better and free.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is iOS 7 Radio app the best radio app(Free) for people using a smartphone in Canada now?

Tune In is decent but I don't recall anything that is better and free.

Digitally Imported has an app if you like electronic music.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Have any of you crazy canucks seen Android branded Kit Kat's anywhere? I didn't know that they were supposed to be out since the 6th. I check all my local stores and haven't seen one.

big_z

Do those Nintendo eshop cards ever go on sale like the Microsoft space points do? And do full games like 3d land ever go on sale on the eshop?

Sora_N

Do those Nintendo eshop cards ever go on sale like the Microsoft space points do? And do full games like 3d land ever go on sale on the eshop?

I don't think I've seen eShop cards on sale...unless they are included in 10% off at FS/BB sometimes.

I don't think full Nintendo digital titles have been on sale, just some of the digital only games. And Monster Hunter is on sale for the weekend for both systems, first time I've seen a good deal on full games (though not first party).

Lexxism

I read at rfd that there's a sale for WiiU games like Lego City, Just Dance etc for 19.99 at SDM. Perfect time to use the $25 20x event tomorrow.

Beats

Has anyone tried buying a U.S Wii U eshop prepaid code to use on the Canadian eshop? I'm trying to buy Wind Waker with my visa debit card, but it doesn't seem like the eshop accepts it.

Lexxism

Has anyone tried buying a U.S Wii U eshop prepaid code to use on the Canadian eshop? I'm trying to buy Wind Waker with my visa debit card, but it doesn't seem like the eshop accepts it.

No, you can't do that. Prepaid cards are region-locked. You can't use non-US credit card on US eshop.

Just picked up BBC Earth Life on BR for $30 at Walmart, at FS it's a whooping $72! o_O

it's not on WM's website so I couldn't price match at FS to get it for a bit less.

Bear

Damn, I wish I knew about that Archambault price error.

I don't expect anything to come close to that, but is there another place with any kind of deal/bonus for that Wind Waker bundle?

EDIT: Nevermind, I already bought it at MSRP.

I dont think ive seen a SDM in Edmonton that even sells games....though I dont go into that many, haha. Anyone know which ones do? I wouldnt mind grabbing Lego City for 20 bucks.

rawd

Side q.

Anyone order from Monoprice recently, shipped to Canada (I'm in Toronto)

I know it was supposed to take a while, they warn how long Canada Post takes to ship to Canada but its been 3 weeks now exactly. Really hoping it shows up next week or it will have taken a month :(

Anony

Side q.

I know it was supposed to take a while, they warn how long Canada Post takes to ship to Canada but its been 3 weeks now exactly. Really hoping it shows up next week or it will have taken a month :(
search monoprice on amazon.ca next time, they have a smaller selection of items on there

krae_man

Man I should have set up a wish list with The Beat Goes on sooner. If a Game/Movie/CD/ you want becomes in stock in any of their 10 stores you get an email notification and they will ship it to your local store for you to pick up and pay for it.

I just set it up yesterday and put a few things on it and I already got a notification.

Tuck

That wii u basic deal for 150 at target from a while back isn't still a thing right? I was at the square one target and they had one. Wish I had been able to get to the store way back when.

big_z

I dont think ive seen a SDM in Edmonton that even sells games....though I dont go into that many, haha. Anyone know which ones do? I wouldnt mind grabbing Lego City for 20 bucks.

Ya I noticed them clearing out games a few months ago. I think shoppers is dropping videogames as each store slowly clears out stock. The south side stores along white ave and gateway still had a display case of games. Selection isn't great so they might not have what you're looking for but they are your best bet.

Side q.

Given the delay, maybe expect to be hit with duty $$. Always place several small orders with monoprice rather than a larger one (not saying this is your case).

krae_man

Monoprice takes forever. They use the slowest shipping option possible and customs seems to hold things up forever.

3 weeks is not uncommon.

Side q.

It's normal Monoprice takes very long. I was in the exact same situation. 3 weeks, sent them an email, told me they'll send a replacement if it doesn't arrive the next day which it did.

It takes a while, but it's coming

Just a reminder that that SDM promo code for 2000 bonus points is now active. The code is 3939.

4000 pts for me for having 2 accounts.

Just a heads up for next weekend, 28th-29th:

Spend 25,000 points & get up to $50 off (that’s an extra $16)
Spend 50,000 points & get up to $110 off (that’s an extra $25)
Spend 95,000 points & get up to $220 off (that’s an extra $50)

Good time to buy hardware.

Duran

Wasn't sure where to put this but..

I have one ticket for the Dave Chappele show at Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver for Sunday October 6 @ 7:30pm.

It's in the Orchestra section, Row: 12, Seat: 73.

I'm looking to make my money back because I've decided to go to the Monday show instead, so price is $70.

Edit: Sold

Ondore

EB sells Steam, PSN, XBLA and eShop cards + prepaid credit cards, Facebook cards, etc.

Basically if it's tangentially related to gaming, they probably have it. (I think I saw DSi point cards there on my last visit.)

I did get one. I saw one last stock at Dundas.

Thanks, but I grabbed one of two more at the Spadina and Queen's Quay location! :D

Soooooooooooooooooooooo happy! :D :D :D

My collection, it GROWS!!!

Nintendoland
Pikmin 3
Lego City Undercover
Darksiders II
Batman Arkham City Armour Edition
Assassin's Creed 3
Call of Duty Black Ops II

Whoo, not bad for having the system for a month and a half lol. Still need to try AC3 and Batman. XD COD is too depressing so far. :(

ohlawd

Thanks, but I grabbed one of two more at the Spadina and Queen's Quay location! :D

Soooooooooooooooooooooo happy! :D :D :D

My collection, it GROWS!!!

Nintendoland
Pikmin 3
Lego City Undercover
Darksiders II
Batman Arkham City Armour Edition
Assassin's Creed 3
Call of Duty Black Ops II

Whoo, not bad for having the system for a month and a half lol. Still need to try AC3 and Batman. XD COD is too depressing so far. :(
Add The Wonderful 101 in there. It's like the second best game on the system.

Magnus

just got an email coupon from SDM: spend $25 and get 20x points (on Sat)

Damn, mine is $50.

50 for me too

Got lucky I guess, hah. I just assumed it'd be the same for everyone. Never seen a 20x for $25 before.

Hmmm. I got the $25. I guess it's random? :lol

Just checked my email. $30 for 20x the points. Wtf shoppers with random amounts.

Wtf. Been an Optimum member since Day 1. Where are my emails? I never get shit like this.

Conceptor

First time I've seen this one. Is there something specific you found there that can't be found somewhere else (don't mean to pry)?
No, it's nothing specific and no worries, It's just a black ink cartridge for my printer. The OEM ones retail for $20-30 at various stores and only give you about 500 pages on full quality (I don't use that anyway).

Some example online retailers I'm looking at have the ink for $2-3 per cart:

http://www.inkjetsuperstore.ca/ - 9.95 flat rate shipping
http://www.exceltoner.ca/ - 7.95 flat rate shipping
http://www.inkfarm.com/ - 3.85 flat rate shipping, but about 1.5x more expensive than the first two retailers I listed

Ya I noticed them clearing out games a few months ago. I think shoppers is dropping videogames as each store slowly clears out stock. The south side stores along white ave and gateway still had a display case of games. Selection isn't great so they might not have what you're looking for but they are your best bet.

Ok, I will check that one out.

It gives me a good reason to go to Bulk Barn too and get huge bags of candy and trail mix!! YAY!

i-Jest

No, it's nothing specific and no worries, It's just a black ink cartridge for my printer. The OEM ones retail for $20-30 at various stores and only give you about 500 pages on full quality (I don't use that anyway).

Some example online retailers I'm looking at have the ink for $2-3 per cart:

http://www.inkjetsuperstore.ca/ - 9.95 flat rate shipping
http://www.exceltoner.ca/ - 7.95 flat rate shipping
http://www.inkfarm.com/ - 3.85 flat rate shipping, but about 1.5x more expensive than the first two retailers I listed

I see. Well I haven't used that website before. I don't remember finding a deal on printer cartridges either.

Anyone care to help out if they can?

Top Bottom