• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

FrsDvl

Ok, I will check that one out.

It gives me a good reason to go to Bulk Barn too and get huge bags of candy and trail mix!! YAY!

The one in Millwoods town centre has a display case with games. I never bothered to look at them though so I haven't a clue what they got.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
4000 pts for me for having 2 accounts.

Just a heads up for next weekend, 28th-29th:

Spend 25,000 points & get up to $50 off (that’s an extra $16)
Spend 50,000 points & get up to $110 off (that’s an extra $25)
Spend 95,000 points & get up to $220 off (that’s an extra $50)

Good time to buy hardware.

Great, I'm nearing 25,000. Do they still get new game releases?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apparently this thread hates shipping questions, but I was wondering, has anyone ever had a package stuck in "Electronic information submitted by shipper" status for more than a few days?

I wonder how long I should wait before calling about it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Apparently this thread hates shipping questions, but I was wondering, has anyone ever had a package stuck in "Electronic information submitted by shipper" status for more than a few days?

I wonder how long I should wait before calling about it.

Yup. Is the shipping through Canada Post. I've had that shit for 3 days. On the third day I refreshed my tracking and it was already delivered.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup. Is the shipping through Canada Post. I've had that shit for 3 days. On the third day I refreshed my tracking and it was already delivered.
Yeah, CP. I guess I'll wait a few more days and hope it's just a case of someone forgetting to scan it in somewhere.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
It's a Galaxy Ace 2 X. I don't think you'll get a better option for a $100 Samsung phone.

I'm shocked it wasn't $25 tbh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If it did then the retailer will cover it. What did you buy and from where?
Shop of the Future. It's all tied into everything else though, which makes it a bigger worry. I basically bought a full priced copy of GTA5 on the expectation that I'd get this cheaper replacement copy and then return it. Such a pain in the butt. lol

djblue89

Does Target or Wal-Mart take pre-orders for the PS4 ? I want to line-up with my buddy so I don't want to show up to a store that took pre-orders.

Just a reminder to those that ordered Wind Waker HD (or the new Wii U Zelda that got flipped to Wind Waker) from Futureshop during their E3 $20 off deal back in June. At the time the game was listed at 59.99 so the sale price on your order is 39.99. The game is now 49.99 so with the sale, the game should be 29.99. I am not sure if Futureshop's system is smart enough to see the price change and adjust sale prices automatically. I called in to Customer Service and the guy applied the $10 discount to the order so it will now be $29.99. Great deal for the game!

Thanks for the reminder. I've seen various people report back here that FS wouldn't budge on the new price--let's hope my experience follows yours!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone know how I can get a deal on PS+ 1 year subs? Mine expires in about a month.

The Spend $50, Get $10 promo is back on the PSN Store. Valid until the end of October so you might want to wait a few weeks to see if another promo appears as well.

rawd

It's normal Monoprice takes very long. I was in the exact same situation. 3 weeks, sent them an email, told me they'll send a replacement if it doesn't arrive the next day which it did.

It takes a while, but it's coming

Cables showed up yesterday, exactly 3 weeks

rawd

20111212-181854-wahlburgers-single-burger-innards.jpg

Now with 90% more bun!

Conceptor

This is the Canada Shipping Stories OT right? I was wondering about your experiences with customs holding your items. Had something ordered from the States that was sent out on the 30th of last month and still hasn't arrived :lol

DJ_Lae

Archambault WiiU still not here. Tomorrow it's scheduled for delivery but there's been no updated tracking information so who knows.

I need some Zelda.

Well, actually, I guess I don't, I have lots of other stuff to play. But still!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
CP is turning into one of the worst post services ever, that and the fact that FS always ships E3 preorders late, are making my life much worse lol
No kidding. Canada Post has completely ended all attempts to deliver packages to my place. Everything gets sent to the nearest Rexall.

How do you guys feel about having an alternate thread simply for new deal notifications? It's cool to have a place to chat about stuff, I enjoy it myself, but sometimes I just want to check out deals and have to sift through a bunch of chat to find them.

zroid

Banned
How do you guys feel about having an alternate thread simply for new deal notifications? It's cool to have a place to chat about stuff, I enjoy it myself, but sometimes I just want to check out deals and have to sift through a bunch of chat to find them.

RFD? :p

soultron

Banned

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

An idea, also, that may require a bit of effort, is reserving the 2nd post in that thread to actually have the week/month's deals. OP would need to update it frequently, however.

Up until like two weeks ago that's what this thread was. Then one person bitched about shipping, which somehow completely derailed the thread. And now 90% of the discussion is something that people can't relate to, can't change, and isn't interesting to anyone.

CP is turning into one of the worst post services ever, that and the fact that FS always ships E3 preorders late, are making my life much worse lol

I think they sent it through regular mail........which shocks me because it was Iron Man 3 blu-ray and it got here on launch day......before Best Buy sent a notification

Kazerei

Banned
I feel like the E3 deal ruined everything. I ordered all the games I want through 2014, now I'm just waiting for them to ship.

Anth0ny

So far Future Shop has delivered all my E3 pre-order games day one, or the Monday following launch day (all Nintendo games drop on Sundays).

Pleasantly surprised.

Up until like two weeks ago that's what this thread was. Then one person bitched about shipping, which somehow completely derailed the thread. And now 90% of the discussion is something that people can't relate to, can't change, and isn't interesting to anyone.

Hahaha.

It hasnt been just about deals ina LONG time.

astonish

So far Future Shop has delivered all my E3 pre-order games day one, or the Monday following launch day (all Nintendo games drop on Sundays).

Pleasantly surprised.

Me too! It has me thinking about my PS4 preorder with Amazon.ca I really want to maximize my possibility of getting it on the launch Friday. Right now I have standard shipping (I assume Canada Post), but I'm tempted to bump it to the fastest shipping (I assume UPS)

I'd normally say bumping up the faster shipping would guarantee a faster delivery, but Canada post seems to be pretty good and so far in the past things seem to come about as fast no matter what option I pick... Not sure if its worth the extra $20 or whatever for next day shipping...

I'm of the strange breed that mostly uses a land line, but it's nice to have a mobile from time to time to make the odd call, but that's all I'm looking for. 10 minutes a month would probably do me fine. What's the cheapest bare bones option around that's available on BC's Sunshine Coast? I'm currently on a Bell Talk 20 plan on an LG Shine with 50 minutes/month at $22.40 including all charges and taxes, and it's more than I need.

Top Bottom