• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Most un-important news of the day: Was going through my flyers just now to try to find some deals and there was the first ever print ad for PS4 in there.

... no sign of Xbox One, either.

$180 3DS XL at Shoppers. Grab a flyer and price match it at FS/BB.

Random 3DS question. I recently got an XL and have been debating on whether to transfer my 3DS data to it.

Pro: I can retire my Zelda 3DS.
Con: The smaller console is more convenient for streetpassing.

Or I could use both: one for gaming, one for streetpassing.

Hmm.

Dazzler

If you have a bag with you each day then go XL

I carry two XLs and a Vita with me to work every day in my bag with my gym stuff, don't notice them at all

(XLs for streetpassing and Vita for playing right now)

Sora_N

Random 3DS question. I recently got an XL and have been debating on whether to transfer my 3DS data to it.

Hmm.

That's my dilemma...

balohna

Hmm.

Portability was a huge factor in me getting the OG model. It was also a much better deal, got the red one with SM3DL pre-installed during Best Buy's boxing week sale for $130. No regrets.

If you do WANT an XL though, and are willing to spend the money it's more of a debate.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I pre-ordered Pokemon through Futureshop -- will I get it tmro/by Staturday or am I SOL until Tuesday?

Either tomorrow (if you get really lucky) or Tuesday (or later).

Depending on whether or not they ship today or tomorrow and how close to the distribution center you live.

I have only been charged, it hasn't been shipped yet. Not giving up hope that it ships today and arrives tomorrow yet :x

ohlawd

I pre-ordered Pokemon through Futureshop -- will I get it tmro/by Staturday or am I SOL until Tuesday?
Saturday is a definite no. But you might get lucky on Friday. Who knows.

You should accept that you are very likely to get the game on Tuesday.

DaBoss

FS is doing the trade in thing right? I hope their list is better than EB's.

Well that sucks. Didn't the Animal Crossing XLs come with it installed?

The Pokemon XLs came out before the release X/Y, Animal Crossing XL came out at the same time.

Smiley90

aaand I've officially given up hope that Pokémon will ship today. *throws a tantrum*

I'm not giving up until.. 10/11pm. They always update it later online.

But yeah, not looking good. :( I'll just have to go buy it Saturday morning...

ohlawd

Come chill with me lining up for the midnight eShop release.

Bring a box of tissues

cuz y'all be wiping my tears when the eShop's getting hammered and I can't dl the game :(

Mentok

Banned
Don't know if this was mentioned,

Futureshop is clearing out MGS4 for $7 and Demon's Souls for $7. At least those were the prices in Orleans. They also have Darksiders 2 for $14.

khaaan

I'm not giving up until.. 10/11pm. They always update it later online.

But yeah, not looking good. :( I'll just have to go buy it Saturday morning...

To do this, can I buy the game from anywhere and say I'm returning the game even though I'm giving them a Futureshop copy? Or do I have to haul myself down to Futureshop and do it?

Hyunkel6

Don't know if this was mentioned,

Futureshop is clearing out MGS4 for $7 and Demon's Souls for $7. At least those were the prices in Orleans. They also have Darksiders 2 for $14.
Thanks! I reserved Darksiders 2 in-store. I was waiting for it to hit that price point.

Smiley90

To do this, can I buy the game from anywhere and say I'm returning the game even though I'm giving them a Futureshop copy? Or do I have to haul myself down to Futureshop and do it?

Should work fine with any place. The pre-order bonuses shouldn't be INSIDE the game, I think. I'll be buying it from EBGames myself and then returning my FS copy to there.

daftstar

Yeah my work has had them on sale at least 3 times in the past 4 months and i'm kicking myself for not biting. Guess I should probably hold out a bit more until Boxing Day though.

Feeling the same way here. I'm willing to wait until Black Friday or even Boxing Day... That Pokemon hype is convincing though. In the meantime I've been looking up other good 3DS titles (Fire Emblem might be another potential purchase).

Haines

Banned
to anyone who cant wait for fs copy to come in mail, this is what i do

go to walmart, buy copy, keep reciept, play it

when fs copy comes take it and walmart receipt back to walmart for return.

of course my backlog is too big so my copy can wait, cuz it will just be sitting on my shelf

Keyouta

MIne shipped today. They usually ship out of BC and arrive within two days to AB.

So... I'll see it on Tuesday I guess :(
Mine is being processed, so I guess it will ship tomorrow. The estimated date to get here is the 17th, not two days! I guess you're in southern AB though. I think I'll buy it on the 12th and then just return my FS copy when it.

Canon

Banned
I'm going to buy Pokemon on the eshop, can't wait for Future Shop's slow ass delivery. I wonder if I could sell it online for a profit (it's $26.99).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ah. Makes sense I guess.

I'm so tempted to pick up a 3DS..... haven't played on a handheld since the Pocket. Pokemon.... I want it and the red LE looks so good. Should I?

Of course. Get Fire Emblem: Awakening while you're at it.

Lexxism

GUYS! The T1 of BB is now live.

These are the list of eligible games for 3DS!

*Luigi's Mansion
*Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (fffckkk yes!)
*NSMB2
*MK7
*Scribblenauts Unmasked
*Mario 3D Land

I assume that the FS will have the same list of games for 3DS! YES! No need for me to go to EBgames to trade my SMTIV :D

For more list: Here

No_Style

FutureShop is showing Beyond: Two Souls which is inconvenient for me. Hopefully they change to Pokemon.

I have to beat Dream Team ASAP. :(

Top Bottom