• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

soultron

Banned
Wow, there's someone selling a PS4 devkit for $1200 in toronto.

link

Wonder if it's legit? If so, how the hell did they get it.
Lots of smaller developers in Toronto. It's probably legit.

Pretty easy to get devkits from Sony providing you have the right connections as a developer.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Pretty easy to get devkits from Sony providing you have the right connections as a developer.
You would think that part of the agreement would be that they can't sell those devkits.

IIRC devkits are never yours, you buy the right to use it. So yes, someone somewhere has done something fishy with this.

Some Guy

If preordered a game from FS using the e3 deal, and for whatever reason your game ships late, just go buy a new copy at full price from the store. When your original copy arrives in the mail, you can return it to the store unopened using the receipt for the full-price the second copy.

Futureshop usually gets me the games I order within a day of launch, but one time with Uncharted 3 there was a goof and it didn't ship for over a week. Because I was, uh, kind of excited, I just did the above and no one at the store seemed to mind.

Sora_N

You can always just say you changed your mind for refunds. I never get asked Why unless its opened.

I only got rejected when I tried to refund duck tales since bb sent them not sealed. :/

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't trust stores like Best Buy or Future Shop to order from. I've heard horror stories from people who pre ordered only to get the shaft.

I'm sure most of the time it's good results but call me paranoid.

I'd argue the majority of it is smooth sailing, you only hear about the bad experiences. Of course when this thread turns into ShippingGAF during high profile releases, you'll see a lot of anxious and more easily irritable posters.

Futureshop gets new releases to me on release date 90% of the time. It can be a little wonky with Nintendo releases if they release on the weekend. Best Buy has never gotten me anything on release date though. It also depends on where you live.

Bruiserk

well i think it goes without saying that they will ship it out by friday. not that that helps people who don't want to wait through the weekend.

This was in response to the post at the top, which says that information from RFD said it was shipping Monday. If it does ship before Friday, then the people who have priority shipping have a chance of getting it on launch day so I thought it was important.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Another after hours online sale at FutureShop.ca tonight starting at 8pm EDT.

y9kTahb.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/online-sale.aspx

RE_Player

My Batman Origins Blackgate still hasn't shipped from FS despite it being in stock. This never happened before with FS. I don't even want it that much but having an order being in limbo like that is annoying
I had to pick mine up at the post office this Tuesday. Apparently they wanted a signature and I wasn't home despite me getting tons of games just left in the mailbox with no signature required.

BestBuy.ca is having a deal if you buy a Sony TV.

vqXGEjY.png

You can see the list of available games on the site.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/televisions/sony-ps4-tv.aspx

I bought my 802a TV at Futureshop on the 10th of October. So I went in to FS today to ask if I could get this deal "price matched". She was really cool about it, and made a big note for whoever is working on the 15th to let me have my 3 free games and controller. Took a picture of the note in case it gets lost.

I'm excite for launch day!

Hopefully it isn't a hassle..

Eleuin

Bought an open box Vita (original WiFi SKU, no memory card or game packed in) today for 143+tax. Pretty bangin' deal since the system was basically mint. Grabbed 3 months PS+ and an 8GB memory card for regular price "guilt free" because of my "savings."

Quote my post for more if you're interested. Don't want RFD to see.

Fuck SDM and their lack of Vita consoles as of late. I just wanted the damn console so I said screw waiting for a 20x event.
Thanks for the heads up.
I wish Sony announced at least a tentative release date for vita TV so I could make up my mind on if I wanted one right now or not.

That's what I plan on doing. Bleh.

If preordered a game from FS using the e3 deal, and for whatever reason your game ships late, just go buy a new copy at full price from the store. When your original copy arrives in the mail, you can return it to the store unopened using the receipt for the full-price the second copy.

Futureshop usually gets me the games I order within a day of launch, but one time with Uncharted 3 there was a goof and it didn't ship for over a week. Because I was, uh, kind of excited, I just did the above and no one at the store seemed to mind.

I ordered the game at a discount. I don't it want it that much anyway to do this just for FS to charge my CC or not.

I had to pick mine up at the post office this Tuesday. Apparently they wanted a signature and I wasn't home despite me getting tons of games just left in the mailbox with no signature required.

Some games require 'don't safe drop'. Looks like you got yours on time

Thanks for all the feedback

gogoud

Do you guys know of any place in Toronto that has a used wii fit balance board or an equivalent? Can't seem to find it at any major stores.

Lexxism

Do you guys know of any place in Toronto that has a used wii fit balance board or an equivalent? Can't seem to find it at any major stores.

If you're fine with ebgames then you'll get a used wii balance board for $20. You can also get a 10% off if you have an edge card. It doesn't matter what edge card you have.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Wow, there's someone selling a PS4 devkit for $1200 in toronto.

link

Wonder if it's legit? If so, how the hell did they get it.

Kinda wish I could justify spending 1200 on this, because it sure is tempting...

I wonder if it would get banned (if it isn't already) when connected to PSN?

Checked out the PS4 popup store in Montreal, got to play KZ for about 15 mins. Controller is improved over the DS3 but I still prefer the xbone. Anyways when you 1st go in there's a signup to win a PS4 and they also e-mail you a coupon for $20 off Knack at EB Games. So if its in your area and you didn't have it pre-ordered from the E3 promos might be worth signing up for the coupon if your picking it up.

SickBoy

Checked out the PS4 popup store in Montreal, got to play KZ for about 15 mins. Controller is improved over the DS3 but I still prefer the xbone. Anyways when you 1st go in there's a signup to win a PS4 and they also e-mail you a coupon for $20 off Knack at EB Games. So if its in your area and you didn't have it pre-ordered from the E3 promos might be worth signing up for the coupon if your picking it up.

Will check out my local popup, but man, I wish it was off any Sony game, rather than just Knack.

gogoud

If you're fine with ebgames then you'll get a used wii balance board for $20. You can also get a 10% off if you have an edge card. It doesn't matter what edge card you have.

It's not listed on their site. Bah. Time to make a few phone calls.

When buying used Nintendo games from Future Shop, do they come with redeemable Club Nintendo codes?

Depends on whoever bought the game. Some won't bother redeeming them and keep them in the case. Some do redeem them and still keep them in the case and others redeem and take them out. Odds are you have a decent chase compared to online passes on ps3/vita games or other redeemed vouchers.

Will check it out, thanks!

If it applies for Wii U games, I'm buying Zombi U for sure!

I wouldn't count on it. Wii U and Vita games weren't for their last used sale. and it makes sense. It's clear they have massive stock for games on the other systems and it wouldn't have that problem for Wii U and Vita.

Seik

Banned
I wouldn't count on it. Wii U and Vita games weren't for their last used sale. and it makes sense. It's clear they have massive stock for games on the other systems and it wouldn't have that problem for Wii U and Vita.

Welp, maybe I'll grab it brand new, then. It's still for less than the price from the retailer near my place ($24,99) and that's for a used one!

MDSLKTR

Does anybody knows how the ps4 launch day is going to work at eb games? I talked to an employee there today saying that they don't know the details yet but will call people that preordered in order and say when to pick it up. I preordered my console in the e3 week in probably the first wave and I already took a day off from work the 15th. Is there any chance that I won't have my console if I show at their door on launch day in the morning? I'm sure as shit not waiting for their phone call before going. Can't believe they don't know how it will work less than two weeks away from launch... Yet the the extra warranty bullshit is already being advertised.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hope this is Rayman Legends time to go on sale. Hard to believe its been out for over 2 months and yet still hasn't gone on sale even once.

Bronetta

It went on sale before launch.

I'll say it again. Its been out for 2 months and hasn't gone on sale even once.

I didn't preorder it during the E3 promo because I had no idea what the differences between each version would be.

Top Bottom