• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tiktaalik

I got a "good guy" FS clerk. He saw my reserve in the system but couldn't find my allocated copy in the back so he (using his words) "took a copy from some jerk who reserved eight."

Tsundere

Banned
Anyone have any reports of how EB is handling BF4 and AC4 trade ins right now? Surely they can't still be offering much of a premium. Lol
They will honor it, they got emails in from HQ telling them its valid on those games, and that a receipt is not required.

Also, the promotion doesn't start until launch.

So my wife brought me up to speed on Shop.ca and ebates. I haven't pre ordered any games for my XBone nor my PS4.

I had seen that they had Killzone and Ghost, so I decided to give them a shot and place an order. When everything was said and done, I ended up spending $45 for both games...

God, why didn't she tell me about this sooner!?

Went to the king George Surrey future shop best buy. The line at future shop was gone when I came by (2:30) but at best buy the lineup is ~100 people. There isn't a separate line with for us reservation master race. Oh well, got to wait in line.

Sora_N

Went to the king George Surrey future shop best buy. The line at future shop was gone when I came by (2:30) but at best buy the lineup is ~100 people. There isn't a separate line with for us reservation master race. Oh well, got to wait in line.

Wtf is wrong with best buy. I wish I reserved at fs.

iphys

My reservation was held, and it was a breeze picking it up tonight compared with the crazy lines this morning. I don't think they had near enough games to satisfy the crowd thanks to allowing people to trade in up to 3 games at a time, and I felt bad for the people at the end of the line waiting so long with little hope of anything remaining. The Wii U games were oddly hard to come by at the store I went to.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I got a "good guy" FS clerk. He saw my reserve in the system but couldn't find my allocated copy in the back so he (using his words) "took a copy from some jerk who reserved eight."

That's awesome. The clerk at my FS was pretty cool too.

Lexxism

I had the same situation with BB Downsview. They don't have a separate line for ISPU. Good thing the line isn't that long and took me like 5-10 mins.

Went to best buy, got all three for PS3! I have one question though. My BF3 is the limited edition. If I redeem the code for PS3, will I still receive the China Riskng expansion for PS4 when it releases?

djblue89

Went to best buy, got all three for PS3! I have one question though. My BF3 is the limited edition. If I redeem the code for PS3, will I still receive the China Riskng expansion for PS4 when it releases?

No idea, but TBH, who cares since you did not pay anything ;)

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Sorry if it's been covered, but apparently this is a generic code and can be used by anyone....

s9jgWwl.jpg

RFD reporting success at most stores, though some stores might want it printed out. Check the RFD thread for details: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebgames-ps4-knack-20-off-coupon-1402517/

Also sorry if a repost.

Thanks for this - guess I'll have to do the printout though as it's not working for me online.

For those who went to BestBuy Cambie, do they let you get 1 copy of each game, or just 1 copy of 1 game?

That's where I went. They are enforcing one game per customer. Meaning you can only leave the store with one new game in your hand. I went with two people, which is how I ended up with all three.

Eleuin

Little under 2 hours but I finally got AC4 from bay/dundas

There was a gaffer in a nine inch nails tshirt behind me who was talking to a mom who kept talking about some mobile game hahaha

TheExodu5

Banned
Really annoyed with Futureshop.

Went in earlier today to pick up my reserve. Upon seeing the line, I ask a girl working there what would happen once the 24 hours were up. She says as long as I come back before 9PM it's fine since they need to keep it for the full day.

So I went back at 6PM. Sure enough, they cancelled my reserve and sold it off. Complained to the floor manager, but not surprisingly, nothing to be done. Hour of driving for nothing. Thanks Futureshop.

Quick

Banned
Future Shop has a trade-in promo for the iPad Air.

Trade in your iPad 2 or later, get a $200 minimum gift card towards the Air. Has anybody taken advantage of the promo?

bigmf

Yeah the knack coupon doesn't work online, but the guy at my local EB looked at me funny when I asked if I could use it. He said of course you can, and I think he's the regional manager because I've seen him at both stores.

Anteros

Neo Member
Are we sure it's $1.30 in tax? The phrasing of the offer made it seem to me that you'll be charged tax on the full $59.99 value, and then have $50 in credit applied against that total. So $17.79 as opposed to $11.30. I know EBGames used to apply the credit to the before-tax value for regular trade-ins but I thought they'd changed the system to stop doing that a year or two ago. I dunno, I basically never do trade-ins.

I traded in my PS3 COD:Ghosts for the PS4 version this afternoon. I was only charged $11.30. According to the EB rep, the PS4 versions of AC4 and BF4 won't be available until Tuesday.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Really annoyed with Futureshop.

Went in earlier today to pick up my reserve. Upon seeing the line, I ask a girl working there what would happen once the 24 hours were up. She says as long as I come back before 9PM it's fine since they need to keep it for the full day.

So I went back at 6PM. Sure enough, they cancelled my reserve and sold it off. Complained to the floor manager, but not surprisingly, nothing to be done. Hour of driving for nothing. Thanks Futureshop.

Which Futureshop was this?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Sorry, I missed the information on the shop.ca/ebates/paypal deal. How does it work? Or is there a link I can hit to read up on it?

Zing

Banned
Stores enforcing the one game per person could easily still have games left. We were leaving with three games each and were just starting to run out after three hours.

I asked as soon as I walked in if I could just grab my reserve, but of course not. That's fine, I probably wouldn't have thought to try for two games then.

Jagxyz

So the extra content codes for AC4 and Ghosts ("60 mins of content" and the map), if I use them, will I get them on PS4 as well? Otherwise I'm just going to leave em as is for the dude who buys em off EB after I trade it in.

The girl told me it will expire at closing. I sort of doubt that but that's what they say.

I was late to my ISPU by 3-4 hours and it was still there, I guess it just depends on the people working there.

Today was absolutely insane. Went to a FS in Scarborough right before opening and the lineup was around the parking lot. After 40 minutes when I could finally enter the store the Manager said they didn't have enough for everyone and was sold out but they were getting a new shipment. After another 2 hours of waiting a clerk went around the line asked if anyone reserved. I should have asked before but since the lineup was huge and they said they were sold out in store I thought they took reserves off. I still had to stand in line though regardless. I got lucky. I have no idea if they got a new shipment or not. I hope they did because there were well over 100+ in and outside the store

This is an experience I'll never want to go through again. I rather have paid the $60

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For everyone wondering if a store has any stock left, do an in-store reservation from the website. If they have stock then you'll be notified that the game will be waiting for you, if they don't then they'll cancel your order.

Roto13

For everyone wondering if a store has any stock left, do an in-store reservation from the website. If they have stock then you'll be notified that the game will be waiting for you, if they don't then they'll cancel your order.

Most places aren't taking reservations any more at all.

Bay and Dundas Best Buy ran out of PS3 copies of Battlefield 4 after like an hour. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Better find your way to Peterborough or Belleville, it's the probably the only way you won't strike out.
Well shit.

I saw them for sale at the HWY 7/Warden Future Shop last weekend. I didn't pay attention if they were 1st or 3rd party accessories though because I didn't care.
No one's taking reserves anymore.

Fucking disgusting. Those hoarders are... Ugh.
RFD hoarders can die in a fire. Fuck those guys.

Top Bottom