• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Guitarmy

Banned
I was at the Pembina Futureshop location in Winnipeg about an hour and a half ago and even though they had signs on the doors saying they were sold out of the trade in promotion, I found some on an end cap in the gaming section with some copies of the game. I tried to do the deal but was told they had given out their allotment of games for the trade in deal. I hope anyone with a ISPU there already picked theirs up since i don't know what will happen if you haven't and try to do the trade in.

- Kyle

1426519_10202574468662461_1326871944_n.jpg

This kind of thing used to make me furious. Truly.

Then I realized that many if not most of the people that do this kind of thing have pretty pathetic existences. Don't get me wrong, I still think they are amoral fuckers but I don't necessarily want them to "die in a fire" anymore lol. They're most likely living lives that are torturous enough.

sikkinixx

Futureshop Coquitlam Centre, usually a shit show of a store, was great. Waited 10 minutes in a dedicated in store pick up land, my wife and I got our game and left. Dude in front of me managed to get cod on ps4 through the promo!

Bestbuy Langley? Fuck show. Still a 3 hour line so wife and I are gonna watch a movie then go back and get battlefield to round out the threesome.

amrod

Then I realized that many if not most of the people that do this kind of thing have pretty pathetic existences. Don't get me wrong, I still think they are amoral fuckers but I don't necessarily want them to "die in a fire" anymore lol. They're most likely living lives that are torturous enough.

That's just greedy... They should have done limit 1 per a customer

This is just disgusting, honestly, the amount of these that have shown up on craigslist today is just brutal.

Madouu

Line was easily two hours long at Marché Central futureshop, I waited for a bit but quickly gave up and just went to grab something to eat with the girlfriend.

Bunch of streetpasses at least! But most seemed to be from the nintendo zone there...

zroid

Banned
Line was easily two hours long at Marché Central futureshop, I waited for a bit but quickly gave up and just went to grab something to eat with the girlfriend.

Bunch of streetpasses at least! But most seemed to be from the nintendo zone there...

I only got 1 streetpass in my line ;_;

Ramblin

Banned

Agreed. I feel sorry for the individuals that were robbed of the pleasure of just getting a game they wanted for a good deal, but I feel just as sorry as for the individual that only thinks of themself and has to do this to feel good.

Quick

Banned

He had to have gone to a ton of stores to get all those. That's just pathetic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus fuck Cambie, get your shit together. Just called, apparently still a long line because they still have non-reserved stock left.

HOW?!? They've been open for like hours now, HOW DO THEY STILL HAVE STOCK LEFT.

God these people are slow.

I have an order on reserve, why don't they at least make ONE counter for reserved pickups so people don't get fucked because the other line lasts until closing time.

wouldn't surprise me if EB pulled a quick one and deleted these three games form that promo. They will be FLOODED with copies of them, and they won't sell.

Deleting it now would piss off all the customers who bought it prior to the deal with the expectation that EB would do this for them.

Sora_N

I'm gonna complain to head office. It is ridiculous to have to wait despite reserving.

They only have 40 Xbox Cod left they said. And ppl still aren't moving. There's at least 55 ppl in front of me.

This store sucks

Smiley90

I'm gonna complain to head office. It is ridiculous to have to wait despite reserving.

They only have 40 Xbox Cod left they said. And ppl still aren't moving. There's at least 55 ppl in front of me.

This store sucks

Yeah I'm still home/home again. I was planning to head out about now to be back in time for the Canucks game, but no..... Cambie store, christ. Please keep me posted if they finally implement a reserved line or send people home. Gonna call the Metro store now to see if at least they have their shit together by now.

Sora_N

Jesus fuck Cambie, get your shit together. Just called, apparently still a long line because they still have non-reserved stock left.

HOW?!? They've been open for like hours now, HOW DO THEY STILL HAVE STOCK LEFT.

God these people are slow.

I have an order on reserve, why don't they at least make ONE counter for reserved pickups so people don't get fucked because the other line lasts until closing time.

40 non reserved Xbox Cod left only and that's it.

Sora_N

Yeah I'm still home/home again. I was planning to head out about now to be back in time for the Canucks game, but no..... Cambie store, christ. Please keep me posted if they finally implement a reserved line or send people home. Gonna call the Metro store now to see if at least they have their shit together by now.

Metro will hold till close. That's what they said on the phone.

No improvement in the lines

Smiley90

Metro will hold till close. That's what they said on the phone.

No improvement in the lines

Cambie will hold til close too, but I don't wanna be out until 10pm, I wanted to watch the Canucks game instead of having to wait in line with people without reservations :lol I figured they'd be done with all those by 4/5pm. But no...... At FS it took me 30mins of lining up at 11am. It was beautiful.

Takuan

Can't believe you guys are still at it! I went to Future Shop nearest to me at around 1pm EST and was immediately turned away, as they only had enough for people who had reserved online. Figured I missed the boat and didn't both hitting up other locations. I didn't even know Best Buy was doing the same thing, else I would've gone to the one 2 minutes away. Ah well, I didn't really care for any of the games other than AC4, because pirates.

Smiley90

Non reserves were kicked out but it will still be a while.

Lol @ the staff who had to work

NICE. How many people left? Approx?

Also I'm not sure if I should feel bad or insulted by the girl I had on the phone. I called the Cambie store and it literally went like this:

"Hey there, I was just wondering what the lineup situation is like for people that have reserved pickup"

"There's still a lot of people here and it'll take a while BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP CALLING"

... yeah right as if it's MY fault that you guys are slow. No reason to snap at me. :lol I'll give her the benefit of being way too stressed out though.

Smiley90

For anyone wondering, I called the Metro Best Buy and they said it's about a 30min wait still. Mostly reserved people left, apparently. So definitely SOMEWHAT quieting down. Might head out now, it takes me a while to get there anyway :lol

Takuan

Ah. I just watched the Digital Foundry face off and I'm glad I didn't waste my time. PS3 version seems to be in the low to mid 20s in most scenes, yuck. Would've been a good opportunity to collect some trade bait for next-gen games, but eh, not a big deal.

-Deimos

They stopped giving out multiple games shortly after I made it to the front because they were running low on stock. I still didn't get a non-reserved copy.

Smiley90

They stopped giving out multiple games shortly after I made it to the front because they were running low on stock. I still didn't get a non-reserved copy.

what store?

I still have two spare COD reserves at the Cambie store, and they haven't called me about maybe cancelling 2/3 games I have reserved there... Someone's gonna get a late-night surprise when suddenly 2 COD's will be available :lol

I feel like there MIGHT be some games available tomorrow morning even, from people that reserved at many locations but didn't pick them up.

Stupid day.

Went to Marine Drive Best Buy, lineup out the door. Waited 30 minutes and then they told us they're going to run out. There was a separate reserve line.

Went to Cambie, waited TWO AND A HALF HOURS. They wouldn't have a separate reserve line. So I just got Ghosts 360 (the only game left). The actual trade process took like 2 minutes. But they had a LOT of 360 Ghosts. About 100 when I left at around 3, but the line was considerably shorter (when I lined up it was at the iPad section).

I should've just left. They had a big basket full of reserved games.

I can't believe they've been allowing people to get multiple games. Ruined it for everyone else.

For FS it's one customer per title, not per game. The promo on the main website is different from the blog yesterday. If I knew one customer could buy all 3 games I probably wouldn't have bothered going today.

bigmf

The staff at my futureshop were great. I shot the shit with the line-babysitter, and my cashier kept apologizing for the time they took to give me 3 free games. It was too easy for free stuff.

vulva

Yeah it's hilarious that people who weren't given extra staffing to assist on a day like this were left high and dry by poor management to deal with over entitled hoarders.

-Deimos

what store?

I still have two spare COD reserves at the Cambie store, and they haven't called me about maybe cancelling 2/3 games I have reserved there... Someone's gonna get a late-night surprise when suddenly 2 COD's will be available :lol

I feel like there MIGHT be some games available tomorrow morning even, from people that reserved at many locations but didn't pick them up.

Brampton Trinity. They were giving out one of each game to a single person but ran out of stock with 100 or so people left in line. The guy in front of me got the last copy. I still got my reservation but my brother's didn't pull through so we ended up sitting in line for one measly game. Hopefully there'll be leftover copies tomorrow morning from people who didn't pick up their pre-orders.

Edit: To clarify about multiple games: Yes, people at FS were walking out with 3 games each. One AC, one COD and one BF4. At around 4pm they limited to the original advertised one per customer.

Top Bottom