• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Returners

By chance did anyone pre order at an EB in mississauga?

I have a pre order at the Meadowvale location and they still don't know how they will handle the midnight launch and how many systems they are getting. Fuck

Also have one pre ordered at amazon.ca but going to hae waiting till Monday.

Meadowvale Town Centre?

Has anyone that bought through futureshop online actually been charged yet for their console?

Yes and yes.

attention. everyone who wants to upgrade to next gen with the games with the EB Games thing http://www.ebgames.ca/collection/upgrade
You guys will need to direct the employees to this website, if they refuse ask to speak with the manager.
I spoke with the customer service line on satuday, and she said that they have to honor it. It does not require any receipt, and to make them call the Canadian line since they have a direct line to it before I even leave their store.
I will go tommorow and if they give me shit I will tell them that I called and show the website and tell them that they should honor it, and they can even call the head office because it is still true. If I leave without a game I will call their customer service line again.

If they let you trade it and make you pay 15$ instead of 9.99$(not including tax from your province), make them override it show them the website it says 9.99$. and that the only extra money you should be paying aside the 9.99$ is the tax. Its small but hey it's a principle
For these games it is basically worth 50$ when you trade them in for their next gen version.

Here is the info to call them just to be sure.
"If you have an issue with a store, please contact the EBGames.ca Customer Service Center at (877) 442-6303. At the menu press 4 to be directed to Store Issues. They will be able to assist you with any issue you may have regarding stores. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Sunday.

French assistance is also available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (EST).

Store concerns can also be reported at our feedback website www.TellGameStop.ca"

The more crap they give us, the more people should call that line until something from the higher ups either makes them lay the law down or just back down and retreat on the offer. This misinformation shouldn't be accepted.

Thank you, will try it out tomorrow. I was there at one of their stores yesterday and somehow they mentioned that the promotion doesn't start until the 15th of this month.

Appleman

"Hello,

I'm sorry to know that the estimated delivery date of your order for " PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)" is longer. I've checked and see that the item is not readily available. The orders will be fulfilled in first come first serve basis. I can see that you've selected priority shipping option which is the fastest one. However, there is a chance that you receive the item sooner than the estimated delivery date given. " -Amazon.ca

Seemed like a pretty generic response

"Hello,

I'm sorry to know that the estimated delivery date of your order for " PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)" is longer. I've checked and see that the item is not readily available. The orders will be fulfilled in first come first serve basis. I can see that you've selected priority shipping option which is the fastest one. However, there is a chance that you receive the item sooner than the estimated delivery date given. " -Amazon.ca

Seemed like a pretty generic response

Yup. I called in to change my payment and the rep did mention how there is a chance I might be receiving it by end of Friday.

gzero

Click on Account > View Open Orders

Should see something like
5fT44.png

E6GJT4N.png

jet1911

Futureshop charged my card but hasn't shipped my PS4 yet. Isn't that somewhat illegal? Taking money without giving the product? They better ship it today...

Damn I have not been charged yet. My brother in law preordered much, much later than I and his card has already been charged by FS. Not a good sign?

big_z

Futureshop charged my card but hasn't shipped my PS4 yet. Isn't that somewhat illegal? Taking money without giving the product? They better ship it today...

Canada post doesn't work on holidays. it should prepare for shipping today and ship out on Wednesday.

has anyone with a bestbuy preorder had their card charged yet?

jet1911

Canada post doesn't work on holidays. it should prepare for shipping today and ship out on Wednesday.

I hope they'll ship it today, Canada Post is so slow if it's not shipped today there's no way I'm getting it this friday. I wish FutureShop used Purolator instead...

Cmagus

I hope they'll ship it today, Canada Post is so slow if it's not shipped today there's no way I'm getting it this friday. I wish FutureShop used Purolator instead...

They should be shipping them out by tomorrow from my understanding. If they've charged you already that means they are getting ready to ship and when they get the go ahead they will. Normally they charge when they ship but these are being done early so they can get them to you on time.

big_z

I hear ya. It took Canada post 18 days to get GTAV from futureshops warehouse in BC to me in alberta. Sometimes they make it on time but a lot of the time they're behind.

Yes, BB charged for my preorder!

no charges on my card yet, not for the ps4 or the games. :(
hopefully they have processed it and it's simply cibcs slow ass webpage that's behind.

jet1911

I hear ya. It took Canada post 18 days to get GTAV from futureshops warehouse in BC to me in alberta. Sometimes they make it on time but a lot of the time they're behind.

Ouch. It's not that bad for me but still between 4 to 5 days from Mississauga to Quebec City, when it takes Purolator less than 20 hours, is pretty bad.

Ryne

Anyone deciding to camp over at BB to grab a PS4? I remember doing that for the last console I bought, never again.

BB has said on their website there will be at least 25 unreserved per store.

Oneself

FUTURESHOP

Good news: My copy of Killzone SF has shipped yesterday along with Ratchet Into the Nexus. I'll be getting both today.

Bad news: I ordered NFS Rivals PS4 (at the same time I ordered K:SF) and it hasn't been shipped. It is now "backorder" on FS website. I just sent them an email to see what's up.

soultron

Banned
Anyone deciding to camp over at BB to grab a PS4? I remember doing that for the last console I bought, never again.

BB has said on their website there will be at least 35 unreserved per store.
RFD people who have no life will start camping before everyone, I bet.

FUTURESHOP

Good news: My copy of Killzone SF has shipped yesterday along with Ratchet Into the Nexus. I'll be getting both today.

Bad news: I ordered NFS Rivals PS4 (at the same time I ordered K:SF) and it hasn't been shipped. It is now "backorder" on FS website. I just sent them an email to see what's up.

I think NFS is due to the fact that they had it in the system as the 12th and AFAIK it's not releasing until the 15th.

Still trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with Injustice.

farisr

Yeah kinda. But honestly, I was kinda happy that they charged so early, it pretty much confirms that I'm part of the first batch and that they plan on shipping before street date in order to get it to me on the street date.

The ps4 stand I ordered the other day had a release date of 11/8. FS charged me on 11/6, and it was shipped out on the night of 11/7.

big_z

FUTURESHOP

NFS going backorder might be a good thing. For the past few years the franchise has gone on sale for about $25 on EA's store during black Friday

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
ShippingGAF - Next gen edition

Yeah kinda. But honestly, I was kinda happy that they charged so early, it pretty much confirms that I'm part of the first batch and that they plan on shipping before street date in order to get it to me on the street date.

The ps4 stand I ordered the other day had a release date of 11/8. FS charged me on 11/6, and it was shipped out on the night of 11/7.

didn't FS state they wouldn't be shipping before the 15th? or did they change their stance?

Savitar

has anyone with a bestbuy preorder had their card charged yet?

Amazon.ca won't do that.

Amazon.com maybe would.

But Amazon.ca?!?!

Ha, it sends things out after a shipping time, never before.

In a desperate attempt to get my console faster I changed the delivery to priority on my Amazon.ca pre-order, now instead of estimating delivery between the 19 and 21 it shows estimated delivery between the 18 and 19. woohoo me :(

Gritesh

Both my assassins creed and kill zone say they are out of stock, but scheduled for standard delivery.

We will see today if that changes..I ordered all my games on June 13, hope I dont have to go into the store to buy them, I saw a bunch at my local store, I may just buy them now and return the online ones when they get here.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
My amazon.ca order is now showing priority shipping at 0.00 cost to me.. It was free supersaver yesterday.

So... hope?

Also, just got an email from the Microsoft store, saying they'll start processing my Xbox One order on the 15th... Wonder if I'll get that one early, then.

SILV3R_

Walmart charged my card but no shipping details yet. They told me my card will be charged only when its out for delivery. But the status has no changed to Shipped.

Nibiru

Banned
To put some peoples minds at ease in regards to amazon. Plenty of times I get my orders way before the estimated time that's given. They just post stupid estimates to protect their asses. I have been told this by employees there several times.

That said sometimes the est time is accurate:p

rinse82

My shop.ca KZ bundle has apparently shipped,although they haven't provided any tracking information.

Wondering if it will get here by Friday.

Both my assassins creed and kill zone say they are out of stock, but scheduled for standard delivery.

We will see today if that changes..I ordered all my games on June 13, hope I dont have to go into the store to buy them, I saw a bunch at my local store, I may just buy them now and return the online ones when they get here.

That's kind of my plan.

Adr1an

So frustrating that practically every Canadian online retailer has either charged their customers CC or has shipped but Amazon.ca.

EB near me only had Assassin'c Creed IV in for PS4, no Battlefield 4. I could only do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade on the one game. No biggie, I have the BF4 preordered. No receipt required for anyone who is still doubting.

Oddly, the Wal-Mart next door had tons of BF4 for PS4.

Definitely didn't have Need for Speed or Injustice in stock. No one seems to know when Injustice PS4 is actually coming out.

centracore

Has anyone who pre-ordered PS4 games from the Future Shop E3 sale back in June had them ship yet?

I'm waiting on Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Madden NFL 25 and Need For Speed Rivals. My credit card hasn't been charged for anything yet and most of the games went from pre-order -> in stock -> out of stock.

I'm really starting to wonder if Future Shop understands how pre-orders are supposed to work.

Canada Post Starts Weekend Service for Christmas Rush

Not sure if this was posted but it would be great for many Canadian Gaffers if they started this weekend.

Has anyone who pre-ordered PS4 games from the Future Shop E3 sale back in June had them ship yet?

I'm waiting on Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Madden NFL 25 and Need For Speed Rivals. My credit card hasn't been charged for anything yet and most of the games went from pre-order -> in stock -> out of stock.

I'm really starting to wonder if Future Shop understands how pre-orders are supposed to work.

I had Call of Duty shipped to me on time. My ACIV from them should arrive tomorrow. Game shipments are all over the place and I'm not sure if it's just Future Shop's fault. Like I mentioned above, EB didn't have BF4 PS4 in this morning and it wasn't even on their list to receive today. Seems like a messy launch for game releases. I know Need for Speed doesn't release until Friday now as well.

I have all my games preordered during E3 offer, till now BF4, KZ:SF, FIFA 14 and NFS Rivals are not even charged for so yeah FS is messing it up for some people while they shipped most games for so many other people!!

My games are in Richmond Hill as of 7:25am, tracking doesn't say they are out for delivery though.......maybe they'll get here later today

For Ass Creed IV, FS charged my card early Thursday morning. It shipped out last night but the delivery date isn't until tomorrow.

Edit: The delivery date just switched from November 13th to November 12th. W00t! It's out for delivery. The sooner I get it, the sooner I can return it for $45 of credit.

Top Bottom