• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

timnich

I received both Killzone and Battlefield from Futureshop this morning. Killzone shipped last Friday while Battlefield shipped yesterday. Now just waiting for Best Buy to ship my PS4 and I'm all set!

Edit: Both games were part of the E3 offer.

Dunlop

fyi, upgraded all 3 games from my futureshop loot to the PS4 versions at EBgames without a problem.

The codes are entered in their system to do the transaction

I have all my games preordered during E3 offer, till now BF4, KZ:SF, FIFA 14 and NFS Rivals are not even charged for so yeah FS is messing it up for some people while they shipped most games for so many other people!!

E3 pre-order here and Knack is on my shelf and AC4 is waiting at the post office to picked up when my daughter gets up from her nap.

Lexxism

Same here. I didn't have any problem when I trades my ac4 for ps4 version.

I went to fs and I didn't see a single nfs in stock but they do have nba2k14 already.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Has anyone who pre-ordered PS4 games from the Future Shop E3 sale back in June had them ship yet?

I'm waiting on Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Madden NFL 25 and Need For Speed Rivals. My credit card hasn't been charged for anything yet and most of the games went from pre-order -> in stock -> out of stock.

I'm really starting to wonder if Future Shop understands how pre-orders are supposed to work.

Killzone came this morning, BF4 and AC4 have been shipped.

And, not PS4, but GTA5 arrived on release day, so it does seem like if there are any issues, it's not entirely FS's fault. I think the CP having Nov 11 off kind of screwed things up a bit too.

Grimsen

EB at Complexe les ailes downtown MTL was quick and hassle free for my trades and upgrades.

Traded Beyond and COD Ghosts and upgraded BF4 and AC4 to ps4 goodness.

Also got Knack for 40$ and XCOM EW.

I'm so happy right now :)

I have to stay out of this thread or I'm going to end up buying a PS4 before I need one, lol

Heh, I know the feeling!

That happened with Dreamcast and Wii U for me.........

I was disinterested in gaming when 360, PS3, Wii came out due to Gamecube being kinda lame and disliked Sony until PS4 reveal :p

My killzone and BF4 shipped from futureshop, and should arrive today or tomorrow.

My AC4 hasn't shipped, though.

I received both Killzone and Battlefield from Futureshop this morning. Killzone shipped last Friday while Battlefield shipped yesterday. Now just waiting for Best Buy to ship my PS4 and I'm all set!

Edit: Both games were part of the E3 offer.

My Killzone, NFS Rivals and ACIV have yet to ship (E3 deal for me as well). I may be going out to FS on Friday and doing the ol' switch and return too.

Weird, Picked up two copies of Assassin's Creed IV this morning. One from FS, which is the Special Edition, and one from EB, which is the Signature Edition.

Anyone know the difference?

EB at Complexe les ailes downtown MTL was quick and hassle free for my trades and upgrades.

Traded Beyond and COD Ghosts and upgraded BF4 and AC4 to ps4 goodness.

Also got Knack for 40$ and XCOM EW.

I'm so happy right now :)

yep just did today too.
I came in ready to argue what I was owed if they tried some sneaky shit on me lol.

Grimsen

Weird, Picked up two copies of Assassin's Creed IV this morning. One from FS, which is the Special Edition, and one from EB, which is the Signature Edition.

Anyone know the difference?

I opened the ps4 signature edition, and it has a code for:

-Black island mission
-Black ship and other treasures
-pirates bounty pack
-Captain Kenway's legacy pack

It doesn't mention the Aveline mission, but according to the internets, it's supposed to be in all ps3/ps4 versions. I hope.

EDIT: This seems to explain it somewhat assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-CA/purchase/

Has anyone who pre-ordered PS4 games from the Future Shop E3 sale back in June had them ship yet?

I'm waiting on Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Killzone Shadow Fall, Madden NFL 25 and Need For Speed Rivals. My credit card hasn't been charged for anything yet and most of the games went from pre-order -> in stock -> out of stock.

I'm really starting to wonder if Future Shop understands how pre-orders are supposed to work.

Codghost was shipped on the 6th and bf4 is supposed to arrive tomorrow. And they were both charge on the friday before the release dafe So far both my preorders came a day late... i hope the ps4 doesn't come on monday...

Bro I'm pissed I think my NBA2k14 from Futureshop must have been backordered.
I got it from the E3 promo and my card still has not been charged, and it comes out today.
Wtf FS

C-Jo

Still no charge/shipping notifications for AC4 or Killzone, and despite arriving a week ago, Knack still says scheduled for delivery. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but saw on RFD that a CSR with BBY/FS has confirmed they are shipping PS4 on Wednesday.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's true.

I've been thinking that FS might be holding on to some of these pre-ordered PS4 game shipments, labelling them as "out of stock" in order to consolidate them in one order to save on shipping costs. Seems fishy that my Killzone STILL hasn't shipped a week after release.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see everything go out whenever the console does.

The EB Games in my city (Thunder Bay, Ontario very small and isolated) received all their launch PS4 units yesterday.

They said they will be sorting through them by pre-order and that confirmations will be available on Wednesday. They will be calling then or you can call in to check.

daevv

Any B2G1 deals in Canada on PS4 games? I see a few in the US but haven't read or heard of any here.

Got a call from EB telling me they will hold my PS4 for a max of 48 hours as I'm a Red card (free) Edge member. I said no worries as I'll be there at midnight. :)

Any B2G1 deals in Canada on PS4 games? I see a few in the US but haven't read or heard of any here.

Got a call from EB telling me they will hold my PS4 for a max of 48 hours as I'm a Red card (free) Edge member. I said no worries as I'll be there at midnight. :)

I'm wondering if they will honor my platinum hold of five days?

Not that I need it. I'll be there day one.

They semi-confirmed that I was getting mine a couple of weeks ago since they know how high I am on the list but I'd still like to get that call. It would make me feel at ease.

I hate console launches. They always make me feel so nervous.

FrsDvl

Thanks for the update. Hopefully it's true.

I've been thinking that FS might be holding on to some of these pre-ordered PS4 game shipments, labelling them as "out of stock" in order to consolidate them in one order to save on shipping costs. Seems fishy that my Killzone STILL hasn't shipped a week after release.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see everything go out whenever the console does.

I've been wondering the same about BBY. Killzone has been in stock there since last Thursday now, yet they haven't shipped it out..

I've been wondering the same about BBY. Killzone has been in stock there since last Thursday now, yet they haven't shipped it out..

Yes - and the 'out of stock' notification would be the easiest way for them to get around any questions from folks wondering why their games haven't shipped. Killzone, ACIV and Need for Speed are all currently listed that way on my order status.

Concerning the BF4 question

- yes they had it in stock : Ebgames near Mcgill Metro in Montreal
- According to google images it is, does not say limited on the box but does say it includes the China Rising expansion...so I am not sure if it is or isn't

edit: looks like it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/battlef...on-4/9502147.p?id=1219020252304&skuId=9502147

That is what I have (sorry work firewall cripples my internet search options)

Was the BF4 you got the limited edition?

Battlefield i got from EB for PS4 includes China Rising expansion pack.

Top Bottom