• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

IndustryX

Waiting on KZSF and NBA 2k14,neither has shipped both showing out of stock. Looks like I won't be getting my most anticipated launch games until the week after launch shouldve guessed with futureshops track record. Ugh :(

whogottricked

Neo Member
Got my Battlefield 4 for PS4 from futureshop...dundundun. From the E3 deal btw, just got delivered.

Yes! Same here. Picked mine up in-store though. They didn't have 'em on display but the associate pulled one off the back for me.

I also upgraded my PS3 ACIV from the trade-in-any-game deal to the PS4. Will do Ghosts tomorrow after I finish the campaign.

anyone know if they sell ps4 stands in any stores? im only seeing them online

got mine at bestbuy
db36eb0d742dbf1cda2adcd8adde98ae.png

Spike

So I went to the local FutureShop yesterday to try and do the trade since it was supposed to last all weekend, and the website showed that there was stock for all three games. I was told that they didn't have any stock left.

So I was in the area and popped in again today at opening. Shelves full of all three games.

I still have faith in amazon.ca. They haven't let me down yet. I am lucky though that I live close to the warehouse so I guess I'll see if they ship tomorrow or so.

yeah, Amazon USA started as well, fuuuuuuu I should have pre-ordered with Futureshop!!! Damn you Amazon.ca

Glad I went with Amazon.ca, FS and EB (in person). I cancelled my amazon order last night and wasn't surprised that they had the delivery estimate for next week. They truly suck for anything game related.

Right now, I feel like I'm watching a horse race lol.

So Amazon Canada has neither charged or shipped PS4s yet?

I have never done a new console at launch through delivery, I get stressed enough when I get rare collectors editions shipped to me.

Gerbs

Neo Member
Future Shop isn't shipping any of my E3 pre-orders, so I picked up BF4, AC4, and KZ in store today. They're doing a deal in store where if you buy 3 PS4 games you get a $10 gift card, which will probably end up complicating my returns when I bring back my online copies in store to get my money back (keeping my E3 price.)

To anyone who has received their BF4 copies from FS, do they have an orange limited edition stripe? My in store copy has nothing on the front indicating it comes with China Rising.

Probably want to go by this for PS4 shipments.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help...5a136ed65e049a682a79a4en15&HelpTitleId=HC8268

3days ships today.
2 days ships tomorrow.

I'd think anyways.

Um... I am within 3 days, nothing yet from BestBuy but we will see, the day is still early!

"Canada Post Where's my Package GAF" is here! Now I hope that people will let this one slide since it's for the new generation of consoles being shipped! Not sure mods would like a "Where is my PS4?! (Canada)" topic, so it will happen here once again! Good luck all!

balohna

Did anyone do the E3 pre-orders for games released on Fridays? Did you get them on the day, or did you have to wait until Monday?

Curious about when I'll be getting Zelda and Mario.

From BestBuy forum:

HI everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. The gaming team has been working tirelessly with our shipping partner to make sure that your console arrives to you on launch day. Having said that, please keep in mind that there are a lot of factors that can have an effect on delivery times such as weather, traffic, delivery location, etc.

Hope this helps

Jorge
BBYJorge
Community Coordinator

Not sure it means much, but it's something!

Tsundere

Banned
Concerning the BF4 question

- yes they had it in stock : Ebgames near Mcgill Metro in Montreal
- According to google images it is, does not say limited on the box but does say it includes the China Rising expansion...so I am not sure if it is or isn't

edit: looks like it is:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/battlef...on-4/9502147.p?id=1219020252304&skuId=9502147

That is what I have (sorry work firewall cripples my internet search options)

Was the BF4 you got the limited edition?
PS4 Battlefield 4 (at least this run) at EB Games is the limited edition, and it qualifies for the $10 upgrade (did it today as well as AC4 and COD).

Proof:

oswald09

Neo Member
I was all set to wait out the launch days for some more availability, and to make a final decsion between xboxone and ps4, then I managed to score a 'golden ticket' for the xbox at my local best buy.

next gen here I come! woot!

my FS pre order for NBA 2k14 from the E3 promo
got the Out of Stock status now.
My card hasn't been charged.
What the hell does that mean? I'm going to have to wait weeks before I get it!
Oh hell no, this means I'ma have to wait even longer for when KH3 and FFXV come out since there are my other games I took in the promo!

my FS pre order for NBA 2k14 from the E3 promo
got the Out of Stock status now.
My card hasn't been charged.
What the hell does that mean? I'm going to have to wait weeks before I get it!
Oh hell no, this means I'ma have to wait even longer for when KH3 and FFXV come out since there are my other games I took in the promo!

Buy it in store. Return the shipped copy when it arrives. Doubt it will take weeks.

Jachaos

Concerning the Amazon PSN B2G1 deal, do game downloads work across both US-Canada or is there a store for every one country ?

I have a friend that lives in the US that could give me buy the games and give me the codes. Would they work ?

I ask because I just now realized B2G1 doesn't work on PS4 games at Target after all. And am now looking for deals.

Dazzler

Heads up anyone in Vancouver, eb games at cambie won't do the next gen upgrade without a receipt. Asked to speak to manager, he was pretty firm on it

LkPr

I live 40 mins away from Mississauga and my order hasn't been shipped yet.

Last week COD Ghosts shipped on Monday evening and I got the game Tuesday morning (normal shipping).

I HOPE the same happens with my console - I get a shipping notice no later then Thursday (but I would be excellent if it happened tomorrow) and I receive my console Friday.

Heads up anyone in Vancouver, eb games at cambie won't do the next gen upgrade without a receipt. Asked to speak to manager, he was pretty firm on it

Quoting from earlier:

attention. everyone who wants to upgrade to next gen with the games with the EB Games thing http://www.ebgames.ca/collection/upgrade
You guys will need to direct the employees to this website, if they refuse ask to speak with the manager.
I spoke with the customer service line on satuday, and she said that they have to honor it. It does not require any receipt, and to make them call the Canadian line since they have a direct line to it before I even leave their store.
I will go tommorow and if they give me shit I will tell them that I called and show the website and tell them that they should honor it, and they can even call the head office because it is still true. If I leave without a game I will call their customer service line again.

If they let you trade it and make you pay 15$ instead of 9.99$(not including tax from your province), make them override it show them the website it says 9.99$. and that the only extra money you should be paying aside the 9.99$ is the tax. Its small but hey it's a principle
For these games it is basically worth 50$ when you trade them in for their next gen version.

Here is the info to call them just to be sure.
"If you have an issue with a store, please contact the EBGames.ca Customer Service Center at (877) 442-6303. At the menu press 4 to be directed to Store Issues. They will be able to assist you with any issue you may have regarding stores. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. (CST) Monday through Sunday.

French assistance is also available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (EST).

Store concerns can also be reported at our feedback website www.TellGameStop.ca"

The more crap they give us, the more people should call that line until something from the higher ups either makes them lay the law down or just back down and retreat on the offer. This misinformation shouldn't be accepted.

edit:
lol just look up was about to post this
Luckily I didn't have to go through this.
Call the line, and go back there and make them call that line and get what you are owed!

Tiktaalik

I was able to upgrade my PS3 BF4 and AC4 to PS4 no problem. Is the Cambie EB location the only one giving people trouble?

I wonder if it's a local problem or if I got lucky and there was a corporate memo that the clerks at my store missed.

Dazzler

edit:
lol just look up was about to post this
Luckily I didn't have to go through this.
Call the line, and go back there and make them call that line and get what you are owed!

I said to the guy that it doesn't mention a receipt on your site and he said 'I'm the manager and I'm telling you, you require a receipt'

Top Bottom