• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Spike

Does anyone remember if they made similar gestures for the Wii U launch? I thought I'd gotten my online pre-order from Best Buy on the day of release, but I just double-checked my records and it looks like it actually arrived the day after. I live in downtown Toronto, for context.

Because the system launched on a weekend, they would have shipped it out on Friday and since Canada Post does not work on the weekend, you would have gotten it Monday morning. It was the same for me.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I really don't think these PS4 from BB will ship before 15th so they won't be at your place for the weekend, heck it it says arriving on warehouses on the 15th.

I'm pretty sure they're going to ship for them to arrive on the 15th for most people, BB and FS are pretty good for that. It's only really Amazon that's lagging behind for some reason.

kasane

Anyone here in winnipeg going to pick up a PS4? I have one pre-ordered but i need an extra one for a gift, not sure if there will some left

FrsDvl

Just got killzone and bf4 from bby even though killzone never showed as shipped. Plus they both haven't been charged yet. Hope they forget to charge

Sora_N

For those of you trying to trade at EB Cambie, and not being successful you should definitely write an email through the website to complain. I did that last time and the district manager actually called me a few days later.

veras

Well, BB closed pre-orders again.

Also some good news for people who got them in, from RFD:

"Looks like the people who pre-ordered from bestbuy an hour ago will get theirs with everyone else... My card just got charged and according to the CSR I talked to its packaged and labelled for shipping waiting to be picked up by Canada Post."

Jesus, good timing on my part. Put in a preorder at BB half an hour ago as a backup because Amazon is the worst. Hopefully it gets here Friday, I'll be very pleased if it does.

redhot_

Just called my EB because they didn't bother to call me. Pre ordered August 22 and i'm good for midnight launch. Weird thing though when i asked how they would handle the line and if I would need to get my receipt marked, she said no... just need to get checked out and stand in line.

kurahadol

BB charged my card for the Ps4 I just ordered, can't believe that it's actually going through! Looks like my brother is going to have a dandy xmas.

On even better news, FS has shipped MY PS4, let's just hope it gets here Friday.

Adr1an

Well, BB closed pre-orders again.

Also some good news for people who got them in, from RFD:

"Looks like the people who pre-ordered from bestbuy an hour ago will get theirs with everyone else... My card just got charged and according to the CSR I talked to its packaged and labelled for shipping waiting to be picked up by Canada Post."

Thats good to hear. Glad i managed to get a preorder in.

Just cancelled my launch PS4 order from amazon.ca None of my friends wanted the pre-order at cost. they all wanted to wait a year or two.

I even considered flipping it for a possible profit, but it didn't sit right with me; gouging someone desperate enough to pay that kind of money for it.

It sucks not having money to splurge on something like this anymore, but such is my life as it currently stands right now. :(

Because the system launched on a weekend, they would have shipped it out on Friday and since Canada Post does not work on the weekend, you would have gotten it Monday morning. It was the same for me.

Oh, duh. Probably should've thought of that. So yeah, I guess BB was on the ball. Looks like FS is on the ball this time 'round with the PS4 shipments as well.

Random notes: I was in an EB Games today to do the Assassin's Creed IV upgrade from my Future Shop trade-in, had no issues. However, they turned down my Knack coupon, claiming they needed the original (which, if you think about the coupon's origin, does make sense). So it seems like the head office may have sent a memo out about the coupon. Also, while I was in the store, one of the staff was busy calling people about their PS4 pre-orders, so itshappening.gif.

I still think it's too soon to be worried about amazon. Their expected delivery dates and all that have always been out of whack. I've always received shit exactly when expected. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Oh, duh. Probably should've thought of that. So yeah, I guess BB was on the ball. Looks like FS is on the ball this time 'round with the PS4 shipments as well.

Random notes: I was in an EB Games today to do the Assassin's Creed IV upgrade from my Future Shop trade-in, had no issues. However, they turned down my Knack coupon, claiming they needed the original (which, if you think about the coupon's origin, does make sense). So it seems like the head office may have sent a memo out about the coupon. Also, while I was in the store, one of the staff was busy calling people about their PS4 pre-orders, so itshappening.gif.

I used that coupon on the weekend and while it wasn't actually ringing up for her, she overrode it and applied my discount anyway. Lucky I guess.

What is the origin of the coupon? Is it fake or something?

Received my confirmation call tonight from EB games for my PS4. Also grabbed Battlefield 4 (EB upgrade), Injustice PS4, NBA 2k14 PS4 and Ass Creed PS4.

Just waiting on Need for Speed to ship.

Savitar

I chatted with amazon and then called them.

Basically for those of us who ordered via amazon.ca we wait until the 15th for it to ship, they said other places might be shipping early but amazon doesn't do that/not allowed so shall be getting it next week.

First time I ever hung up on a caller out of annoyance and disgust.

Not mad at the CS who I spoke with, just the situation and amazon falling behind here.

Sony Store wins the shipping war! :D

ApQ0z63l.jpg

Basically for those of us who ordered via amazon.ca we wait until the 15th for it to ship, they said other places might be shipping early but amazon doesn't do that/not allowed so shall be getting it next week.

Not mad at the CS who I spoke with, just the situation and amazon falling behind here.

It's looking like the same situation from Walmart.ca from what I've heard. I'll bet that some FS, BB and EB preorders will ship for Friday, but I think most of us who ordered from elsewhere will be waiting until Monday.

I just went to the Cambie location and the manager (stretched ears) traded all 3 with literally zero hassle. He must've got told by someone. Should be safe there now, guys :)

Anteros

Neo Member

Interesting. I used the Knack coupon today without issue. I didn't even print it. I just showed them the coupon code on my phone and they entered it into the system. This was at the Ottawa/Kanata location. I guess it's a ymmv scenario.

Lexxism

Received my confirmation call tonight from EB games for my PS4. Also grabbed Battlefield 4 (EB upgrade), Injustice PS4, NBA 2k14 PS4 and Ass Creed PS4.

Just waiting on Need for Speed to ship.

Haha. Looks like you're ready to roll this Friday. I'll probably get two-three games more tomorrow in-store if they don't charge me for my games I ordered.

Just cancelled my launch PS4 order from amazon.ca None of my friends wanted the pre-order at cost. they all wanted to wait a year or two.

I even considered flipping it for a possible profit, but it didn't sit right with me; gouging someone desperate enough to pay that kind of money for it.

It sucks not having money to splurge on something like this anymore, but such is my life as it currently stands right now. :(

Uh...if you're that hard up for cash, why would you not flip it? It's not immoral to charge somebody a bit extra if they're that desperate to have the hot new thing. Nobody's putting a gun to their head and making them pay a premium rather than just wait or do the legwork to get one at standard msrp themselves.

Theres a PS4 in stock at bestbuy.ca for anyone
Checked it out and said Quantity remaining at 2. Refreshed page and quantity is 0. Lol

I kinda just want to get one and get the hype out of my system. I'd probably end up just returning it though because I can't justify the cost at this point in time. I think I just want the thrill of opening up a shiny new toy.

hoverX

One of the PS4 games I've pre-ordered from FS (marvel lego) just had its status changed to "out of stock". Is that out of stock going forward? Will I get mine?

Ugh, I should have bought one of the ones that popped up on BB's site...

then CANCEL the Amazon order...

WORST!

torontoml

Just got my PS4 shipping notice, it will be close for me if I will get it Friday. Was able to change my shipping speed to expedited, while still keeping my free shipping.

Savitar

Those of us having to wait with amazon might be wise to email or call and complain about this, especially when BB and FS are doing so much better.

May inspire them to act faster.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I'm still thinking the Amazon CSR's are just clueless. Amazon's shipping estimates/delivery estimates are always extremely generous.

The chat people are outsourced, and the call-in number is a call centre, neither have a direct communication to the warehouses etc.

Honestly, I expect to see shipping stuff change late tomorrow, early thursday at best.

Uh...if you're that hard up for cash, why would you not flip it? It's not immoral to charge somebody a bit extra if they're that desperate to have the hot new thing. Nobody's putting a gun to their head and making them pay a premium rather than just wait or do the legwork to get one at standard msrp themselves.

I know, believe me, I debated on this for days, but in the end I just couldn't take advantage of people being stupid.

Top Bottom