• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

FrsDvl

My FutureShop order shipped to Edmonton, AB.

I ordered with a Montreal location at first and moved to Edmonton last week, changed my shipping address and it just got shipped.

Any idea where these are being shipped from?

My guess Mississauga, wasn't that where you got your games from too? If you're lucky it'll come from Richmond, then you'll have it Thursday, or maybe Wednesday if you paid extra for shipping.

Those of us having to wait with amazon might be wise to email or call and complain about this, especially when BB and FS are doing so much better.

May inspire them to act faster.

I think I'm gonna go do that right now. Almost want to start a thread to help spread the word.

Savitar

I'm still thinking the Amazon CSR's are just clueless. Amazon's shipping estimates/delivery estimates are always extremely generous.

The chat people are outsourced, and the call-in number is a call centre, neither have a direct communication to the warehouses etc.

Honestly, I expect to see shipping stuff change late tomorrow, early thursday at best.

You hold higher regard for them than I do.

Amazon.ca always seems to wait to the last moment to send out anything I have found. In the past I'd hear how others had their stuff sent out but it would be hours to a day later to get the same.

big_z

Best Buy just shipped my PS4 to AB.

WOOP!

Im also in alberta(near edmonton). They haven't shipped or charged my card yet. Same goes for futureshop and my games.

I preordered as soon as it was possible. If a ship notice doesn't come tonight then my stuff won't arrive this week.

Savitar

I think I'm gonna go do that right now. Almost want to start a thread to help spread the word.

To act is to get things going.

To do nothing only lets them change nothing in the end.

One of the bad aspect of us Canadians is we're too nice at times to actually fight for anything.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Yeah... just got off the phone with Amazon.ca and it's clear they don't have any more info than whats on our very own order screen.

The guy said "So from the information on my screen, its scheduled to ship on Friday."

So, I asked what makes amazon.ca different from all the other Canadian retailers, since they're shipping out early for a Friday Delivery, as opposed to a Friday Ship date.

He goes "From my understanding, Friday is when Sony is providing our fulfilment centres with stock, and then we can process and ship them out to customers"..

so I asked why Futureshop, best buy, etc. were able to get fulfilment "early", and he said "its possible they got early fulfilment, but my screen shows a Friday shipment date, and at my level I don't have access to our fulfilment centre's stock and wouldn't want to speculate".

So yeah.. I think it's just CSR incompetence at this point.

Fixed1979

Im also in alberta(near edmonton). They haven't shipped or charged my card yet. Same goes for futureshop and my games.

I preordered as soon as it was possible. If a ship notice doesn't come tonight then my stuff won't arrive this week.

I'm In AB as welI, ordered from BB this afternoon and there's a charge pending on my card...of course I ordered from Amazon on June10th but I've all but given up on Amazon for shipping anything in a timely fashion, it continues to shock me how far they are from what Amazon.com provides.

Bruiserk

I wasn't able to order expedited shipping from best buy. Why would that be? I live in Surrey, BC if that is part of the reason.

Edit: I ordered mine on Nov 4.

To act is to get things going.

To do nothing only lets them change nothing in the end.

One of the bad aspect of us Canadians is we're too nice at times to actually fight for anything.

True, just sent them an email inquiring about their shipping estimate and whether their "launch edition" ps4 would be available on "launch day" like most other retailers are doing.

Yeah... just got off the phone with Amazon.ca and it's clear they don't have any more info than whats on our very own order screen.

The guy said "So from the information on my screen, its scheduled to ship on Friday."

So, I asked what makes amazon.ca different from all the other Canadian retailers, since they're shipping out early for a Friday Delivery, as opposed to a Friday Ship date.

He goes "From my understanding, Friday is when Sony is providing our fulfilment centres with stock, and then we can process and ship them out to customers"..

so I asked why Futureshop, best buy, etc. were able to get fulfilment "early", and he said "its possible they got early fulfilment, but my screen shows a Friday shipment date, and at my level I don't have access to our fulfilment centre's stock and wouldn't want to speculate".

So yeah.. I think it's just CSR incompetence at this point.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is the case, thanks for finding this out.

My guess Mississauga, wasn't that where you got your games from too? If you're lucky it'll come from Richmond, then you'll have it Thursday, or maybe Wednesday if you paid extra for shipping.

Mine shipped from Richmond as an expedited parcel. I didn't pay for expedited.

Estimated delivery is the 15th.

Lexxism

Well, bestbuy pre-order was open a couple hours ago and they said that it's a launch day edition. You're quite late. Maybe try waiting and see if either FS or BB will open their pre-order for PS4 again.

Savitar

True, just sent them an email inquiring about their shipping estimate and whether their "launch edition" ps4 would be available on "launch day" like most other retailers are doing.

Call and chat and yeah emails help.

More of everything helps an may get results.

Not that I really count on it.

Cudder

I live in Oakville. If a console can't travel 20 minutes away and be at my doorstep on a certain day then that is such a goddamn fail. -_-

Tiktaalik

Speaking of EB Games promotions shenanigans: Has anyone had any issues with EB not accepting the "Guaranteed $30" trade in value for AC4, BF4, CoD? At Cambie or otherwise?

I used that coupon on the weekend and while it wasn't actually ringing up for her, she overrode it and applied my discount anyway. Lucky I guess.

What is the origin of the coupon? Is it fake or something?

I believe it was handed out at a PS4 preview event--the RFD post mentioned an event at Scarborough Town Centre a week or two ago. As far as I know, the coupon is real but it probably wasn't intended to be distributed online.

I used that coupon on the weekend and while it wasn't actually ringing up for her, she overrode it and applied my discount anyway. Lucky I guess.

What is the origin of the coupon? Is it fake or something?

It's from the Sony PS4 event. There's actually one running next to my EBGames which I got the Knack coupon from.

The coupon was also sent to the email that I used to sign up to the event, that's where the image came from.

Eb games at place versaille montreal.
Tried to trade in COD ghost still had plastic cover on it. They said they arent taking these anymore. Ok
Asked about next gen upgrades, they gave me that receipt crap.
Told em bout the one in complexe des aile letting me do it earlier this morning.
Dude was like well he wasnt supposed to.
I wouldve told em bout it doesnt mention receipts online, that I called eb games csr n they said that they can call them now to ask. But i was tired(happened like 5 mins ago) so i left
In prob calling their CSR tonmorow to lodge a complaint n to make them notify all of em in montreal.

Dazzler

Just out of eb games at cambie. Manager dude honoured the next gen trade offer for both ac4 and bf4 no problem.

Asked him why he wouldn't accept earlier and he said they got a directive from head office to start accepting without receipts this afternoon

Oneself

Eb games at place versaille montreal.
Tried to trade in COD ghost still had plastic cover on it. They said they arent taking these anymore. Ok
Asked about next gen upgrades, they gave me that receipt crap.
Told em bout the one in complexe des aile letting me do it earlier this morning.
Dude was like well he wasnt supposed to.
I wouldve told em bout it doesnt mention receipts online, that I called eb games csr n they said that they can call them now to ask. But i was tired(happened like 5 mins ago) so i left
In prob calling their CSR tonmorow to lodge a complaint n to make them notify all of em in montreal.

Go to the one at La Plaza St-Hubert. Went there today, had no problem at all.

-Deimos

Just out of eb games at cambie. Manager dude honoured the next gen trade offer for both ac4 and bf4 no problem.

Asked him why he wouldn't accept earlier and he said they got a directive from head office to start accepting without receipts this afternoon
Did you tell him "I told you so" and wave the games in his face?

Yep definitely will log in a complaint tommorow morning.

Aint gon let em take advantage of us lol nope!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Well they could be doing it by distance.

They are doing it by distance, considering no one near their two warehouses have had their consoles shipped yet, only the ones who's consoles take multiple days after shipping to arrive.

Mikey Jr.

Fucking lazy Futureshop associates.

Went in today to pick up Killzone and BF4. Except the PS4 section is completely empty. Ask the associate and they tell me "Ohh, yeah, haven't gotten around to doing that yet". So I ask when they will put them out. "Ohh, probably in a few days"

Fucking lazy assholes.

Happy for you, but once again it shows how fucked up this shit is and that even being the first to pre-order doesn't mean shit with BB and FS.

Exactly!! For example my E3 preorder for KZ and NFS hasn't been charged for till freakin now! I didn't want to buy another copy and return later, I just wanted it to be in my mailbox!

Fucking lazy Futureshop associates.

Went in today to pick up Killzone and BF4. Except the PS4 section is completely empty. Ask the associate and they tell me "Ohh, yeah, haven't gotten around to doing that yet". So I ask when they will put them out. "Ohh, probably in a few days"

Fucking lazy assholes.

If you ask them (or the manager if they won't do it) to get you the games from the back I'm pretty sure they have to do it.

Nibiru

Banned
Happy for you, but once again it shows how fucked up this shit is and that even being the first to pre-order doesn't mean shit with BB and FS.

I think we are being trolled by people that say theirs are showing as shipped already from BB. I wouldn't hold much stock in these claims. Unless these people are very far from delivery area then maybe they would be shipped sooner.

They are doing it by distance, considering no one near their two warehouses have had their consoles shipped yet, only the ones who's consoles take multiple days after shipping to arrive.

Yea but some people who are more far than others did not get their shipping notice yet and I thought I saw people from the same location both having and not having a shipping notice. Anyway, we'll all get one, compared to how long we waited to get to the new gen it's like we are all receiving it tomorrow. =)

Top Bottom