• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Just out of eb games at cambie. Manager dude honoured the next gen trade offer for both ac4 and bf4 no problem.

Asked him why he wouldn't accept earlier and he said they got a directive from head office to start accepting without receipts this afternoon

Ugh I just called them about it and the girl answered and said I need a receipt. She said it in a really annoyed way too.

Fuck that place.

Appleman

Managed to talk my buddy into taking my Amazon preorder off of my hands so I'm 100% on the best buy gamble now.

We'll see how this all plays out

I think a lot of you are going to be waiting till Monday/Tuesday to get your PS4's. Amazon Canada is garbage with launch day stuff. I've never had luck with best buy or future shop in the past either.

gzero

I think we are being trolled by people that say theirs are showing as shipped already from BB. I wouldn't hold much stock in these claims. Unless these people are very far from delivery area then maybe they would be shipped sooner.

Not trolling. I got a delivery confirmation, but the tracking number doesn't work yet. Shows standard (ground) delivery so who knows if it'll get here for Friday or not.

Futureshop sent me a shipping notice for KZ Friday night, and the estimated delivery date for that is Friday...

Got a call from EB Games today about picking up my ps4 on friday. Surrey B.C here.....ITS HAPPENING!!! I'm assuming that Target B2G1 deal is only in the states?

So I got a copy of Sonic Allstars Racing for WiiU used from the last 50% off offer and apparently something working with the bluray and doesn't work, no local stock for me to go and exchange it, do you guys think it's immoral to order another one online and return the faulty copy instead?

Cmagus

I think a lot of you are going to be waiting till Monday/Tuesday to get your PS4's. Amazon Canada is garbage with launch day stuff. I've never had luck with best buy or future shop in the past either.

I just hope mine ships honestly if I get it Monday then so be it I am not in a rush I am just happy I was able to get one. I just hope something isn't up considering they have charged me but the only issue I have is I have yet to receive any kind of email confirming the order was even placed. Now I got lucky and got one from the site when one opened up I just hope it didn't do something properly when I got through. Dunno though I have never ordered from Best Buy before only Futureshop.

gzero

Got a call from EB Games today about picking up my ps4 on friday. Surrey B.C here.....ITS HAPPENING!!! I'm assuming that Target BOGO deal is only in the states?

US only, but amazon.com has the same deal right now -- I think it's still on. They'll ship to Canada, you have to pay shipping though -- it was around $18 when I tried my postal code.

My guess Mississauga, wasn't that where you got your games from too? If you're lucky it'll come from Richmond, then you'll have it Thursday, or maybe Wednesday if you paid extra for shipping.

Yeah probably.

I didn't even realize that there is paid shipping on FS.

Bah well that sucks us Canadians get the shaft like usual.

Honestly we've got some pretty good deals lately, E3 preorders, FS/BB crazy trade in offer, Shop.ca PS4 bundles, Guaranteed trade in value of $40 for next gen games till January!
I feel very good about the Canadian video games market now, some of American friends even got me to preorder some games for them during E3 :D

Chatin

Still waiting on Killzone to ship. Had preordered it along with the Dual Shock 4, and I got the DS4 a week ago. Pretty pissed to see tons of copies of Killzone out on display in store but the game "In Stock" and not yet shipped online.

Fixed1979

Placed my order with BestBuy @ 1:30 this afternoon goods have now shipped, pretty impressive. Canada Post never delivers up here on Friday though...we'll see how lucky I can get.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Because I'm holding out hope.. this is from reddit:

[–]jeffcolv [score hidden] 2 hours ago
My best friend works at the main UPS warehouse in Ontario. I can confirm that there are Amazon PS4's already in their warehouse, and have been coming in for the last week (as well as a ton from EBGames). This does not guarantee that you will get one by the 15th, nor me, but it gives us great hope :)

About 40-50 PS4's we'll be getting @ Target Whitby im hearing

The Walmart near us will most def' getting the most buyers though with the preorders and such, we dont have that yet..

Llyranor

Ooooh, glad I preordered Zelda early from BB. Doesn't seem like they have that treasure box gift available anymore.

By the way, here's a great deal for all of Canada-GAF: the Canadian government will match any donations you make for typhoon Haiyan, so please donate anything you can.

For anybody in the Halifax area, I went in today to make sure I was getting a unit for the midnight launch (I am!), I was told that the bayers lake store is the only store east of Toronto doing a special launch event. Apparently Sony people will be there and there'll be giveaways including some vitas (but you have to dress up). Thought it was interesting.

J-Man

Called Microplay and confirmed my preorder will be fulfilled this Friday, so I have no worries about missing a console on Day One. Too bad they aren't doing a midnight opening. I was able to cancel my amazon.ca pre-order.

Unfortunately, it looks like I can't cancel my Futureshop pre-order (already charged), so I guess I'll return it, unless someone in this thread (who is also in the Ottawa/Gatineau (or Wakefield, Qc region) is interested in a console at cost whenever I get it.

sikkinixx

Because I'm holding out hope.. this is from reddit:

Hoping that's true. Actually stressed about ebgames.ca order. After dm'ing back and forth with them I got express shipping added but my order still doesn't reflect it.

Knock on wood but in the last week I went from about to cancel my PS4 order to getting it completely paid off with trades, and getting all the FS games upgraded to PS4 versions for less than $30. Everything is comin up Milhouse so far...

torontoml

PS4 from Futureshop officially on the way to Nova Scotia.

jHeRNQO.jpg

DrEvil

not a medical professional
One of my other non ps4 orders shipped from amazon just now. Shows delivery as tomorrow morning. So let's hope they ship the ps4 by Thursday. Weee.

From RFD poster:

Got the toys r us flyer earlier today & saw this deal wasn't posted yet while not the hottest deal find its good for ps4 games out this week as you'd save 10-15$ per game if you missed out on other promos.

Any game 29.99+ you get
15% off when you buy 2
or 20% off when you buy 3

Applies to 3Ds,360,wii u,ps3 & ps4 games

No games on liquidation thought In the small print.

Camera died on me so can't take pics of the flyer.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Futureshop would not honor the e3 deal on an exchange for a game. I went in trying to see if I could get Knack instead of COD: Ghosts. I told the rep, I would like to exchange it for another game if you can honor the same price otherwise, I will exchange, he said "ok," rings me up and then wants me to pay 22 bucks for the difference. I asked why he couldn't honor it and just got my money back at that point. Their customer service is super frustrating. Anyone else tried to swap games as part of the e3 deal with any success?

Console update: BF4 and KZ say in stock and ps4 says pre-order. I'm in Edmonton and curious if any other locals have got any word on their shipments yet.

Futureshop would not honor the e3 deal on an exchange for a game. I went in trying to see if I could get Knack instead of COD: Ghosts. I told the rep, I would like to exchange it for another game if you can honor the same price otherwise, I will exchange, he said "ok," rings me up and then wants me to pay 22 bucks for the difference. I asked why he couldn't honor it and just got my money back at that point. Their customer service is super frustrating. Anyone else tried to swap games as part of the e3 deal with any success?
The closest I've gotten is with them switching out the French copy of CoD with the English one.

Off to bed. Hoping the status of my Need for Speed order changes overnight.

Once this is over it will start all over again with the Xbox One for me.

Console update: BF4 and KZ say in stock and ps4 says pre-order. I'm in Edmonton and curious if any other locals have got any word on their shipments yet.

Most stores wouldn't do an exchange like that =/

So I was thinking of using my PS4 im getting this week from Futureshop and returning it in december since I got another PS4 from shop.ca slated for Dec 9th.
But I'm worried about the trials the PS4 have like PS plus, music unlimited, aren't they stuck to each PS4, so wouldn't that make it harder to return it?

FrsDvl

If they are going by what their sites say, Edmonton will get shipped out tomorrow, since we're in a 2 day delivery zone or whatever you call it. Everyone that is in a 3 day delivery area has got it shipped today.

Top Bottom