• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dammit. I just got a call that sounded like it was some bullshit "congratulations you have won a trip please give us your bank account info" but in retrospect may have actually been from Future Shop. Fuck. FUCK.

EDIT: Panic subsided. Future Shop says they didn't call me and oh my god calm down. (not really on the second part.) FYI, I was told the PS4 would be shipping TOMORROW, but that as it's shipping from Brampton and I'm in Toronto there's still a decent chance I will receive it tomorrow as well. WE WILL SEE, FUTURE SHOP. As an aside: surprised their customer support lines aren't jammed, I got through immediately.

i trust FS to send these out on time but I just don't trust CanadaPost to actually deliver. they don't seem to even make the rounds around my area. they drop off pick-up slips that need to be taken down to the local office.

Lexxism

You never know :)

I think they also have them by the cash registers at the front if you can't find any in the games section

Okay, I just called them and they said that they have 10 left on their store. Is it really 17.99 price? I hope it won't be 49.99 when I get there :lol

Okay, I just called them and they said that they have 10 left on their store. Is it really 17.99 price? I hope it won't be 49.99 when I get there :lol

I guess head office could change the price but there is only one way to find out, and make sure they are the blue cards, not the white

Edit - Holy shit I am getting way too anxious for this console to ship lol........I'm contemplating unplugging my 360 and blu-ray player :)

elty

Heard Walmart is cleared by RFD in merely hours.

Any nice one can sell me a card for $25?

My Nov 15 order from shop.ca is still "shipping soon".
My BestBuy order back from June is still in process. wtf

Tiktaalik

Got stuck with a 360 version of COD from the trade-in deal last weekend. Any idea the best way to use it for trade-in value? It's not on tivs.ca. I'm getting a PS4 from Best Buy tomorrow if that helps

EB has that "guaranteed $30" TIV and that has worked smoothly for me and others. I'd just trade it in and put it toward the PS4 game of your choice.

i trust FS to send these out on time but I just don't trust CanadaPost to actually deliver. they don't seem to even make the rounds around my area. they drop off pick-up slips that need to be taken down to the local office.

It's funny, I trust Canada Post way more than FS these days. Sure, Canada Post leaves me pickup slips for my games, but only because FS/BB tells them to. FS is always the one shipping things from their warehouse late at night, flirting with Canada Post's business day deadlines.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
sanstitrevyuca.png

Fuck you Futureshop. :(

Même chose :(

Hopefully we get if by Friday.
Let us pray

Any idea if they are able to fulfill all their pre-orders?

No idea they called me on tuesday to let me know that it would be ready to pickup midnight launch, I told them I would come in friday morning( screw waiting in lines). I preordered mine about a week after the announcement and the clerk at EB told me they had around 150 preorders at that point.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Got in on the 17.99 PS+.. they actually didn't have any of the BLUE cards left at the walmart I went to, so I grabbed a couple from another store and redeemed.

That makes me a bad person, right? :(

hint: EB Games keeps them beside their PS4 kiosk.. the one I went to had about 8 cards there

Savitar

Nah.

If you didn't someone else would.

And big news on the amazon.ca front!

Status has not changed.

I don't expect them to ship it until mid day tomorrow or in the evening at this point.

That sounds promising. Don't they ship from Mississauga?
They do. Which means that they'll be providing shipping info to a lot of people in the upcoming hours because we are usually the last ones on the list as its faster to provide it to us (usually next day).

According to PDF Receipt, they are scanning the serial number of the console as well, which may reveal the slow processing.

Oh man, that PSN+ deal sounds fantastic.

If anyone have an extra code to spare for a year of PS+, I would gladly be willing to pay for it. Walmart too far to where I live, not to mention, I doubt there are any left.

Thanks in advance :)

Quebec city is usually last to run out when things like the PS+ card for 17.99$ occurs. I wish I was not already running late on an exam for tomorrow, I would go get us a bunch of cards...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got stuck with a 360 version of COD from the trade-in deal last weekend. Any idea the best way to use it for trade-in value? It's not on tivs.ca. I'm getting a PS4 from Best Buy tomorrow if that helps

Some people have had luck at EBGames trading for the opposite next-gen console (ex. 360 --> PS4). If that's what you were hoping to do with a PS3 copy, try going in anyways.

The EBgames 10$ upgrade promo for next-gen games. It's only advertised as being able to upgrade from ps3->ps4 version of the same game or 360->xb1 for 10$. It doesn't say anywhere that it also works cross-platform.

So I went in to check because I might switch from 360 to ps4, and the promo DOES work to upgrade y our 360 game (e.g. COD Ghosts) to the ps4 version, but the store has to manually override the system.

More clear?

You can trade 360 towards ps4 for 10 dollars. Just ask for an override, because its not in the system, but EB has been instructed to override it. If your store refuses because theyre tools, try another store.

Dont waste money by doing the 30 dollar trade-in and spend 30 dollars on upgrading.

Also if anyone picked up multiple PS+ cards, ill add myself to the list of people interested in buying one :p

curb

Banned
They do. Which means that they'll be providing shipping info to a lot of people in the upcoming hours because we are usually the last ones on the list as its faster to provide it to us (usually next day).

According to PDF Receipt, they are scanning the serial number of the console as well, which may reveal the slow processing.

Mine will be shipping within a two hour drive of Mississauga but Canada Post will likely take 1-2 business days to actually get it here since it likely won't ship to my city until tomorrow.

shamanick

Some people have had luck at EBGames trading for the opposite next-gen console (ex. 360 --> PS4). If that's what you were hoping to do with a PS3 copy, try going in anyways.

EB has that "guaranteed $30" TIV and that has worked smoothly for me and others. I'd just trade it in and put it toward the PS4 game of your choice.

You can trade 360 towards ps4 for 10 dollars. Just ask for an override, because its not in the system, but EB has been instructed to override it. If your store refuses because theyre tools, try another store.

Dont waste money by doing the 30 dollar trade-in and spend 30 dollars on upgrading.

Thanks fellas.

Cmagus

Decided to give Best Buy a call and they said my order has gone through with payment and is prepared for shipping which should be within the next 24 hours. My online still says processing so it looks like it isn't gonna get shipped out till tomorrow for me.

stuck at school and only come back home around 10pm
and wake up tommorow at 5:45, to go volunteer and then I work till 9:30pm and wont be back home till 11 something pm.
God damnit ima miss the walmart deal!!!!!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I didn't even get that stupid 1.50 update email from Best Buy fml

My hopes of getting the console tomorrow are fading, really sucks because now I'll miss out on the weekend PS4 fun.

This wouldn't have happened if stupid Walmart had in-store preorders -_-

I just spoke to my UPS guy to tell him that if he sees any packages for me to deliver it asap, I know the guy from years ago and he is a good friend.
He told me that there is no way to get the package the same day Amazon ships it, even if the Amazon warehouse is right next to me or them. UPS doesn't do same day delivery, simple as that, so best case scenario is monday confirmed. if Amazon.ca is indeed shipping tomorrow that is, from how vague Amazon.ca has been of this whole ordeal, they might end up not even shipping tomorrow who knows.

I would love to get one for $25 as well. Going to all Walmarts to see if I can get it.

Find me one shagg...

I just spoke to my UPS guy to tell him that if he sees any packages for me to deliver it asap, I know the from years ago and he is a good friend.
He told me that there is no way to get the package the same day Amazon ships it, even if the Amazon warehouse is right next to me or them. UPS doesn't do same day delivery, simple as that, so best case scenario is monday confirmed. if Amazon.ca is indeed shipping tomorrow that is, from how vague Amazon.ca has been of this whole ordeal, they might end up not even shipping tomorrow who knows.

With that said, I think there are a lot of people that are going to be disappointed with Amazon this time. They should have just handled it better.

Savitar

I said it before and I'll say it again.

Unhappy with how amazon.ca is handling this?

Write them.
Call them.

Something.

It won't change anything this go around but may improve their service if they get enough crap to deal with.

Top Bottom