• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sora_N

November 14, 2013

Hello ,

On your recent visit to Bestbuy.ca you ordered Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds. We would like to offer you the opportunity to obtain the matching Limited Edition Treasure Chest – for free!

To obtain the treasure chest, please click the following link, and add the product to cart:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/10275915.aspx

When you pay for your product, apply the following code to your order:

xxxxxxxx

The treasure chest will be automatically discounted to $0.

Please note the following fine print:

This code is valid until Nov. 18, 2013, only on Bestbuy.ca
This promotion is limited to one per customer, per order.
No cash value; no rainchecks.
Not valid in combination with any other offer.

Sweet.

I wonder if they'll cancel my $0.01 one later lol. I managed to order one before they changed the price to $99.99.

congrats...? Some people wanted it on launch day, which is why the pre-ordered it for that day. Not sure why you are calling them stupid.
So what if shop.ca doesn't ship your console until December 20th? Same thing. You were promised product by a certain date and the retailer failed to ship it out early enough to meet that date. We aren't dumb for that.

Are the people who received a console early smarter than those who didn't? I don't understand
Holy hell, it was a joke! In that Family Guy scene, Peter calls the army guys stupid for wearing camouflage, since the enemy will be looking for army guys. I was joking that you're all stupid for ordering on launch day, since I won't have to stress out because I ordered a delayed shipment (meaning you're all still going to get it before me).

Relax!

Got a preorder at amazon which we all know is shipping tomorrow. Talked to the owner of my local Shoppers (living in a smaller town) he said they have one in their store tomorrow and he's putting it aside for me to buy tomorrow morning. Thank you godly smaller town business owners, you are the best.

Appleman

I didn't even get that stupid 1.50 update email from Best Buy fml

My hopes of getting the console tomorrow are fading, really sucks because now I'll miss out on the weekend PS4 fun.

This wouldn't have happened if stupid Walmart had in-store preorders -_-

Yeah, I didn't get the email either... :/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got a preorder at amazon which we all know is shipping tomorrow. Talked to the owner of my local Shoppers (living in a smaller town) he said they have one in their store tomorrow and he's putting it aside for me to buy tomorrow morning. Thank you godly smaller town business owners, you are the best.

Congratz!

I'll take your amazon order plzkthx

Fixed1979

Holy hell, it was a joke! In that Family Guy scene, Peter calls the army guys stupid for wearing camouflage, since the enemy will be looking for army guys. I was joking that you're all stupid for ordering on launch day, since I won't have to stress out because I ordered a delayed shipment (meaning you're all still going to get it before me).

Relax!

lol, it's a stressful time for people!

I've given up on Canada Post showing up at my office today, usually if they're not here by noon then they aren't showing up. They also appear to take nearly every Friday off around here, I'm quickly loosing faith, but I guess we'll keep calm and see what happens.

Sora_N

Hmmm what's this? Does this mean you can order a copy and then get the Chest in a separate order for free?

I was confused too but yeah the code is so you can order the chest if you ordered previously. I got $10 off some promotion before.

EDIT: Anyone able to grab a PS+ Card for me? Can't go to wm lol. Will PayPal $20.

Saberus

I'm genuinely starting to get antsy about the lack of movement on my PS4 order with FS

Seems to be the normal thing with FS.. I called them and was told they won't ship till the 15th. But what sucks for us that there is no deliveries on Saturdays :(

I'm in Vancouver

I have 2 things coming from CP tomorrow........I hope they arrive at the same time......if the toaster oven arrives first I'm gonna cry when I get to the door haha

Tik-Tok

I have 2 things coming from CP tomorrow........I hope they arrive at the same time......if the toaster oven arrives first I'm gonna cry when I get to the door haha

I'm sorry, but GOD I hope this happens just because it would be too funny.

....But I hope the PS4 comes right after (somehow)

Gritesh

Ohhh man getting close!!!

My brother is coming over tonight so it will beers and watching the event live and then we will try to finish grand theft auto off. Go to bed and get up early to pick up the console and then a solid day of gaming ahead of us.

Going to try to hunt down a walk in pickup for him but I got two preordered one is coming in the mail so if we are unsuccessful at least he can have that one.

hoverX

Still haven't received my FS shipping notice for my PS4. (toronto area). They better not fuck this up. They fucked up my last weekend by screwing up my TV shipment. Had to sit around for hours waiting for it to arrive. Don't make it 2 in a row...

Seems to be the normal thing with FS.. I called them and was told they won't ship till the 15th. But what sucks for us that there is no deliveries on Saturdays :(

I'm in Vancouver

I've had them start the shipping process the night before with games. for example, I had the email show up in my inbox around 8PM Monday and the game show up the next day in time for release.

won't this happen with consoles too?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Best Buy just tweeted this:

Waiting for a shipping notice for PS4? Do note they are not always real-time & those shipped today will get their notice later tonight!

I pray to god they shipped mine out already :S

Im in the same boat as you. Should i just cancel the order or sell it next week?
see the thing is you never know how many people are going to show up to these things. You might regret cancelling. But having to sell or return is a bit of a hassle, not that it would be hard to find a buyer.

I think I'd rather keep it and avoid the risk. Maybe sell it on rfd or kijiji for a tiny profit.

astonish

Welp in the same boat as everyone from amazon. I'm definitely going to demand a refund for my priority shipping. I'm not even that upset about having to wait a couple days since I'm going to be playing the thing for years, but more so that I took the day off work and had an unbelievably crazy/stressful week. Would have been a nice cap.

Makes me think Friday was a real bad day to launch. When being late by a day knocks out a weekend, if this launched on a Tuesday I'm not sure people would be so upset about having to wait until Weds to play.

Top Bottom