• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dazzler

Sorry guys, I appreciate that you're in pain, but this thread has been unreadable for the last week. Whinging over online retailer shipping has nothing to do with deals and is of no use to anyone, save as an object lesson that ordering online never offers guarantees of timely arrival.

Maybe start another thread for the shipping complaints? It's gotten way off topic here.

I legit hope I never come across as miserable as this online

grumble

Sorry guys, I appreciate that you're in pain, but this thread has been unreadable for the last week. Whinging over online retailer shipping has nothing to do with deals and is of no use to anyone, save as an object lesson that ordering online never offers guarantees of timely arrival.

Maybe start another thread for the shipping complaints? It's gotten way off topic here.

I would like to read about deals in this thread; it has been a source of good info in the past.

Palehorse

I've shared my shipping travails on this thread before, so I won't tell anyone not to do it. It's cathartic to share your experience, good or bad, when waiting for the arrival of a greatly anticipated game.

When I realized that this thread was going to get drowned in PS4 shipping posts and updates I stayed away as I'm waiting to get a PS4 next year and so I knew that nothing would interest me here.

I was surprised to see that people are still posting about it today. Shipping delays for a Friday release suck, I hope everyone still waiting gets their system soon.

Lexxism

Things will cool down this coming December. Just two more weeks until next gen hype goes down.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Zelda Link Between Worlds hardcover guide is on sale for $19 at Chapters Indigo. Today only, it seems.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/the-legend-of-zelda-a/9780804162722-item.html

Really tempted considering I'm picking up that boxed set next week, which incidentally includes hardcover guides for all recent Zelda games except this one.
I just ordered it with shipping to my nearest store so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. $19.95 including taxes is nice.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
FUUUUU. I might need to jump on this.

In other notes: Greatness has arrived. The rest of the day will be torturous.
If you have other things to buy from Chapters then you can use this coupon for $5 off an order of $30 or more.

NovemberWelcome

I think it only works on books because it wouldn't apply to the DS4 when I tried earlier.

If you have other things to buy from Chapters then you can use this coupon for $5 off an order of $30 or more.

NovemberWelcome

I think it only works on books because it wouldn't apply to the DS4 when I tried earlier.
Do they still have the zelda treasure box? Amazon seems to have locked me out as saying they can't quite fill their order.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
My amazon.ca PS4 arrived at the office this morning at 10am!

Updated to 1.5 with no issues and now am downloading some F2P games.. so far so good.

Assembled in August 2013 in China.. checked the HDMI port before plugging anything in.

Updated to 1.5 with no issues and now am downloading some F2P games.. so far so good.

Assembled in August 2013 in China.. checked the HDMI port before plugging anything in.

How do you know where it is assembled?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

I think you need to re-read the thread title, and pay special attention to the "discussion" part of it ;)

I actually like this discussion, it gives me a good idea of what to expect when it comes to ordering online and how the in-store situation is.

And It's not as if anyone's being prevented from posting deals(and people are posting deals sporadically)

Wish my PS4 was out for delivery.. But it won't be till later, never get mail till atleast 3pm. This is going to be a long day.

is yours marked as out for delivery? The latest movement on mine was being processed at local delivery facility at 5:30 am. No movement since. Getting a little anxious.

how do we tell when it's assembled, and what would the different dates imply?

explodet

So apparently the Canada Post truck with my PS4 has gone missing. This is what I was told by the mail clerk. It would explain why my delivery was sent out at 10am this morning but has yet to show up FIVE HOURS LATER.

I am trying to determine what exactly would cause an entire truck to go missing. Either it was hijacked by the mob, or the driver is out having a five hour coffee break, or is lying face down in a ditch somewhere in Etobicoke.

Luigi87

My credit card charge still hasn't shown up on my statement lol.......I guess they didn't actually charge it until later last week even though the order page said they charged it Monday

Likewise.
Thing is it showed up on my temp. authorizations, but even that isn't showing anymore.

*waits*

As I said last week, this is something that comes along once in a decade. Get over it and/or don't come back until January.

If there ever is a seperate topic created for Canadian online shipping, I've come up with an official header:

Shaft_zpse3e5b1b0.jpg

Savitar

My system is....somewhere.

It left Quebec this morning but where it is now, who knows.

They really are bad at updating, UPS that is.

amrod

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your recent purchase of the Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus from Futureshop.ca. We have received notice that the promised download code is available by calling Playstation customer service at 1-800-345-Sony.

We thank you for your loyalty to Future Shop and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

since it wasn't printed on the slip, no biggie for me since I already own it

spyguy

Still waiting for my PS4 to go out for delivery. I'm in Vancouver, and the UPS tracking says it was in Richmond on Nov 15 and will be delivered by the end of today. Hopefully I get it today.

Edit.

It's in my hands as we speak!

FrsDvl

sigh

Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.

She never showed up, i don't even have a damn card in the mailbox...

anyone think i can walk over to the post office today and pick it up? without a slip?

Ckid

It looks like my ps4 has been sitting around collecting dust at the local delivery facility since saturday. :( No attempted delivery even.

sigh

Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.

She never showed up, i don't even have a damn card in the mailbox...

anyone think i can walk over to the post office today and pick it up? without a slip?

Usually you can pick stuff up without a slip. Just need ID to confirm your address and name.

djblue89

The CP employe that delivered my PS4 this morning said once I opened the door ''Greatness has arrived ! ''

She was really funny and said that she is sorry that CP had trouble getting them out on day 1.

Just received my backup ps4 from amazon. Can I return it to eb or does it have to be returned to Amazon. Ppl I know want to buy it off me but I dont feel right about potentially selling then a faulty amazon system.

Top Bottom